test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sentinel GWF Build - PvE Focus (PvP viable) - Leeroy Jenkins!

Comments

• tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    As always great stuff Kola,

Anyway you can show what enc you use in your armor slots? I seem to be falling very short on arp,rec and reg
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tybrus8 wrote: »
    As always great stuff Kola,

Anyway you can show what enc you use in your armor slots? I seem to be falling very short on arp,rec and reg
    I believe I am using a Rank 8 or 9 Silvery for Deflection, I will double check when I am on the game tomorrow; But I am 99% sure that is what I am using!
    va8Ru.gif
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    accessory choice seems weird for me especially on dps spec why just not use pure dps items, and why hrimnirs amulet without rings and thayan belt ? isnt the blue one the best ? and priests rings for dps ? why ? :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • zuthuulzuthuul Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    burkaanc wrote: »
    accessory choice seems weird for me especially on dps spec why just not use pure dps items, and why hrimnirs amulet without rings and thayan belt ? isnt the blue one the best ? and priests rings for dps ? why ? :D

I'm not so sure on the necklace or belt, but I think he uses the priest rings for the defensive slot rather than offensive slot in order to get a higher deflect rating. More deflect means that his one fey boon procs more and damages more, but I could be wrong.

Dragon Server

Ragnos Fireborn - 18.7k GWF Half-Elf
    Eva Darkblood - 13.8k TR Elf
    Venger Force of Evil - 13.7k CW Tiefling
    Azaghal Belegost - 16.5k GF Dwarf
    Drak'ar - 13.3k HR Drow
    Roghthar Darkspawn - 11.5k SW Human
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    that dmg is nothing compared to what gwf can dish out

i have an idea of trying full dps sent, sent just for aditional threat so valindra stays on me not goes after cw and stuff like that. imho sent should be ahead of destroyers in dps
    Paladin Master Race
    edited December 2013
    zuthuul wrote: »
    I'm not so sure on the necklace or belt, but I think he uses the priest rings for the defensive slot rather than offensive slot in order to get a higher deflect rating. More deflect means that his one fey boon procs more and damages more, but I could be wrong.
    That would be my reasoning, yes. :)

i have an idea of trying full dps sent, sent just for aditional threat so valindra stays on me not goes after cw and stuff like that. imho sent should be ahead of destroyers in dps
    I have tried Valindra a number of times and with Briartwine, Deep Gash, Battle Trample, I've held aggro just fine with the above build... At least thus far!
    va8Ru.gif
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Sent is miles ahead of destroyer in dps if you gear your sent the same way you gear your dest.
    edited December 2013
    Sent is miles ahead of destroyer in dps if you gear your sent the same way you gear your dest.
    I'm finding it comparable to Destro/Swordmaster, Destro/IV I think is still farther ahead... But the game is a lot closer then pre-Mod2! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Of course, right now I have (I believe)... 2 Rank 8 Darks in Offensive Slots for ArmPen, one will be traded out for a Radiant of equal level once I ge tthe 250 Dread Ring Boon tomorrow, and I believe the other is Radiant.

I'll check when I am on today and edit this post then. :)

Apologies sir, I mean the runestones, not the enchants. Eldritch, Profane, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grizzly1545grizzly1545 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did you max Con and Str?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    wikkedjr wrote: »
    Apologies sir, I mean the runestones, not the enchants. Eldritch, Profane, etc.
    I run 2x Rank 8 Empowered Runestone's in the Offensive slots, and 1x Rank 8 Eldritch in the Defensive slot. :)
    Did you max Con and Str?
    My Strength and Con w/o Campfire is 24/23 respectively, so yes I maxed those out from my original rolls!
    va8Ru.gif
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So where's my pin-up of Leeroy and this new Perfect Feytouched like you promised? ;)
  • wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Which dread ring boons are you using sir? If you posted it already, I apologize, I didn't find it but may have overlooked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    odd111out wrote: »
    So where's my pin-up of Leeroy and this new Perfect Feytouched like you promised? ;)
    Ask and ye shall receive... ;)

LeeroyFEYtOUCHED_zps409f0dfb.png

wikkedjr wrote: »
    Which dread ring boons are you using sir? If you posted it already, I apologize, I didn't find it but may have overlooked.
    Thus far I have:

1. Reliquary Keeper's Strength: 125 Power/125 Movement
    2. Illusory Regeneration: 250 Regen
    3. Forbidden Piercing: 250 ArmPen
    va8Ru.gif
  • optik76optik76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013

My PvE Power Rotation is the same for both:

At-Will:

Threatening Rush
    Wicked Strike

Encounters:

Come and Get It
    Not So Fast
    Indomitable Battle Strike

Dailies:

Indomitable Strength
    Slam

Passives:

Weapon Master
    Trample the Fallen

I might be missing something, but I'm pretty sure Threatening Rush and Trample the Fallen are GF powers and not GWF. Please enlighten me how to work those into my rotation?
    edited December 2013
    optik76 wrote: »
    I might be missing something, but I'm pretty sure Threatening Rush and Trample the Fallen are GF powers and not GWF. Please enlighten me how to work those into my rotation?
    With the release of Module 2, over 2 weeks ago, the Paragon Paths of GWFs and GFs were switched. They were given access to each others... Thus GWFs can have Threatening Rush and Trample the Fallen.
    va8Ru.gif
  • optik76optik76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That makes a lot more sense now, thank you. Time to use that free respec then. Spent so much time away I didn't have any idea thats what the new paragon path was for gwf. Thanks : ) now that I understand that part following your updated guide is a lot more simple : )

Thanks Again
    edited December 2013
    optik76 wrote: »
    That makes a lot more sense now, thank you. Time to use that free respec then. Spent so much time away I didn't have any idea thats what the new paragon path was for gwf. Thanks : ) now that I understand that part following your updated guide is a lot more simple : )

Thanks Again
    No problem whatsoever, happy to have helped! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • kaktyc7kaktyc7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Kolatmaster can you write ALL of your enchants please? :)
    edited December 2013
    kaktyc7 wrote: »
    Kolatmaster can you write ALL of yor enchants please? :)
    I will take a look later tonight/tomorrow... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys,
    I now have my second set of armor for PvP with this spec. Whats do does anyone think about say life drinker and enchants that steal life ? Or even something like barkskin? I know most use the soulforge but i like to think outside the box. This is just for PvP, i have a perfect briarthorn for PvE set.
    Thoughts...
    edited December 2013
    kaktyc7 wrote: »
    Kolatmaster can you write ALL of your enchants please? :)
    My Utility: Dark
    Chest: Silvery
    Pants/Belt: Azure
    Sword/Swordknot: Radiant
    Neck/Shirt: Radiant
    Rings: Dark
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2013
    tybrus8 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I now have my second set of armor for PvP with this spec. Whats do does anyone think about say life drinker and enchants that steal life ? Or even something like barkskin? I know most use the soulforge but i like to think outside the box. This is just for PvP, i have a perfect briarthorn for PvE set.
    Thoughts...
    Lifedrinker itself isn't as good as: Vorpal/Feytouched/Bronzewood

At least in my opinon...

As for Dark's, they are solid in defensive slots for sure. :)

Barkshield, on a GWF is a waste compared to Soulforged/Briartwine/Negation/etc.
    va8Ru.gif
  • tomisi1984tomisi1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How do you use GF Skills?
    edited December 2013
    tomisi1984 wrote: »
    How do you use GF Skills?
    With the release of Module 2, over 2 weeks ago, the Paragon Paths of GWFs and GFs were switched. They were given access to each others... Thus GWFs can have Threatening Rush, Trample the Fallen, etc.
    va8Ru.gif
  • troponin79troponin79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So the feats being shown aren't in the Sent line. Is this a typo or something changed from a patch? Will this be updated at any point because of changes?
  • a1shaina1shain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @OP

I would like to thank you for this guide. I wanted to play neverwinter again since i've stopped playing months ago for my hectic job. Thanks to this, I got playing this game again. So many things have already happen lol.
    57y26sm5ypw8n1y4g.jpg
    What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
  • fonehtiksfonehtiks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Student of the Sword: 5/5

This isn't in the sent tree anymore!
    edited December 2013
    Some answers...

troponin79 wrote: »
    So the feats being shown aren't in the Sent line. Is this a typo or something changed from a patch? Will this be updated at any point because of changes?
    It's not a typo, the build uses Student of the Sword which is in the Instigator tree, and Deep Gash in the Destroyer tree. The last 4 feats are in the Sentinel tree and I take the Sentinel capstone.

a1shain wrote: »
    @OP

I would like to thank you for this guide. I wanted to play neverwinter again since i've stopped playing months ago for my hectic job. Thanks to this, I got playing this game again. So many things have already happen lol.
    Well I am pleased to welcome you back to the game, and happy you're having fun again! Any time you have questions, just hit up this thread... :)

fonehtiks wrote: »
    Student of the Sword: 5/5

This isn't in the sent tree anymore!
    giphy.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited December 2013
    Hey kola I noticed that you have toughness twice on feats. Being new to the game I was wondering what should be I'm it's place.
    Heroic Feats:

3/3: Disciple of Strength
    3/3: Toughness
    3/3: Endless Assault
    3/3: Toughness
    5/5/: Steely Defense
    3/3: Devastating Critical