test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Founders pack are now Neverwinter Packs?

ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems the Founder's pack might be on sale permanently. They are in the section "The Game" on the main website (not on the forums top menu though). Just written "Neverwinter pack" and the address does not say "founder's" anymore too: http://nw.perfectworld.com/neverwinterpack
Post edited by ghostmatter on

Comments

• cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From what I read that was posted by another user... the only difference is that they don't include in the in-game title "Founder". That's all. Same package otherwise. And the old link http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack still works, just redirects to this new page name.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • eridthoreridthor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I already have the founders pack can I add the starter pack to the same account?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eridthor wrote: »
    If I already have the founders pack can I add the starter pack to the same account?

You can buy every pack, or multiples of the $20 one, if you're so inclined. Probably better off spending the money just getting a larger bag though if you were going that route, since the amulet and potion pack aren't a long-term investment.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought the guardian back prior to 20 June but I don't have guardian title in forum.
  • vladimirwtfvladimirwtf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems the Founder's pack might be on sale permanently. They are in the section "The Game" on the main website (not on the forums top menu though). Just written "Neverwinter pack" and the address does not say "founder's" anymore too: http://nw.perfectworld.com/neverwinterpack

Now I feel ripped off!

These packs were supposed to be unique and now they resell them under different name?!?! Too lazy to make something new?

Good bye Cryptic, good bye Perfect World, I will advise everyone NOT to play your games after this!
    Vlasterx / NWN founder
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can buy every pack, or multiples of the $20 one, if you're so inclined. Probably better off spending the money just getting a larger bag though if you were going that route, since the amulet and potion pack aren't a long-term investment.
    Yeah I bought all 3 and I regret only the starter pack. Character-bound bag, amulet that last 15 levels and a 15$ starter kit.
    dsolz wrote: »
    I bought the guardian back prior to 20 June but I don't have guardian title in forum.
    Contact support.
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    omg lol this is mean.. but i guess its kinda normal :/
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    personally I think the $20 pack should have more "stuff" $20 worth of Zen is better option in the long term. Two 24 slot bag is better than the pack :)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dsolz wrote: »

You have to go into settings and change it. Doesn't show up automatically.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • quadespressoquadespresso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now I feel ripped off!

These packs were supposed to be unique and now they resell them under different name?!?! Too lazy to make something new?

Good bye Cryptic, good bye Perfect World, I will advise everyone NOT to play your games after this!

not sure if serious....

but if so... really? /This/ is what pushes you over the edge? Not the customer support issues, the zen prices, the bugs, the wacky economy with like 36 currencies?

Thank you for bringing amusement to my day. :)
    edited June 2013
    Now I feel ripped off!

First, new items will be added over time to the in-game store.

Second, why feel ripped off? I don't see a package title above your avie, but it you paid $200 or $60 to get a Founder's pack let's say a month ago, why would you care if someone paid the same amount to get the same thing (sans the Founder title) a month later?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Now I feel ripped off!

How the hell can PW/Cryptic/Whoever excuse this...? I'd seriously be ashamed of myself, to work for such a company.
    They even stated; "get the founder pack while you still can!" and in similar ways, conveying that the offer's days were numbered, especially close to the open launch june 20th. To make people rush to buy them? Cool with that. Basic sales strategy. If the Founders Packs had actually gone away.

This is beyond sneaky, and cheesy and so very low.... The forums are fascist thanks to a certain admin and now this, after all the bugs and borked fixes and wrong decisions theyve made this could-be-great game into... they dish out new idiotic zen companions we already have of the same classes, and continue the founders pack.
    God, SO glad I didnt buy it (euro conversion was a rip off as it was).
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I laughed when people bought the $200 pack back in late April / early May. I laugh even harder today that they wasted so much money on this cash grab of a game.

$200 could have bought you 3-4 brand new games, but now, your "exclusivness" isn't even exclusive anymore. How's that spider mount, piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lvl 60 weapon / enchant, useless pet, and even more useless title treating ya? :rolleyes:
    edited June 2013
    First, new items will be added over time to the in-game store.

Second, why feel ripped off? I don't see a package title above your avie, but it you paid $200 or $60 to get a Founder's pack let's say a month ago, why would you care if someone paid the same amount to get the same thing (sans the Founder title) a month later?

Exclusivity.
    "I was there".
    Having for others unobtainable things.

Countless reasons more, and even if you don't agree with them, they are valid to those that bought the packs, under the false pretense of them being the only ones who could have these things, since they payed 200-250 USD (depending on euro) for a game they knew little about but supported with wallet and hopes and beta testing.
    edited June 2013
    I laughed when people bought the $200 pack back in late April / early May. I laugh even harder today that they wasted so much money on this cash grab of a game.

$200 could have bought you 3-4 brand new games, but now, your "exclusivness" isn't even exclusive anymore. How's that spider mount, piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lvl 60 weapon / enchant, useless pet, and even more useless title treating ya? :rolleyes:

What you're laughing at is people investing in a game they liked and hoped for the best, an action that help make others be able to play it at all in the future.

Personally I didnt buy a pack, but mocking those who did seems abit silly, and counterproductive.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    What you're laughing at is people investing in a game they liked and hoped for the best, an action that help make others be able to play it at all in the future.

Personally I didnt buy a pack, but mocking those who did seems abit silly, and counterproductive.

Most intelligent folks saw this coming from a mile away. We even warned people on the forums not to pay for this cash grab of a game (multiple 50+ page threads until the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mods closed them):

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?180222-Server-crashed&p=2523182#post2523182

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?178612-I-acutally-enjoy-playing-Neverwinter-but-the-Greed-from-Cryptic-PWE-is-disgusting!&p=2532871#post2532871

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?178612-I-acutally-enjoy-playing-Neverwinter-but-the-Greed-from-Cryptic-PWE-is-disgusting!&p=2532042#post2532042

A lot of people didn't listen or was simply tricked by the PWE and Cryptic marketing hype. That's why I laugh. Any sensible MMO gamer would've seen exactly what they were going to do with this game (which is nothing). I also kept hope that they'd smarten up and attempt to improve the game in order to make more money. But alas, that wasn't the case.

Now they pull this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. That's why I'm laughing harder now.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought mine and happy with it. I bought it to support the game. I also like the main pack since it is open to ALL new character I create (I'm alt-a-holic) so it works out for me :)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
    edited June 2013
    They even stated; "get the founder pack while you still can!" and in similar ways, conveying that the offer's days were numbered, especially close to the open launch june 20th. To make people rush to buy them? Cool with that. Basic sales strategy. If the Founders Packs had actually gone away.

It's why I waited. I was expecting--and even asked on Twitter to no avail--to be alerted when the Founder's Packs would be no longer available. Crickets. No response. Am I bitter than the Founder Packs went without any date on knowing when they'd change from Founder to Neverwinter packs? Not really.

So I waited. And thought to myself, if they go away, then that's ok. And if I can still get them later, then that's ok too. I haven't bought one... yet. And still on the fence about it.

The only hate I could see over this is that people fell for the "while you still can" tag with the notice above the forums, etc. They never gave an end date. And you still have your in-game Founder tag which no one else can get now.
    This is beyond sneaky, and cheesy and so very low.... The forums are fascist thanks to a certain admin and now this, after all the bugs and borked fixes and wrong decisions theyve made this could-be-great game into... they dish out new idiotic zen companions we already have of the same classes, and continue the founders pack.
    God, SO glad I didnt buy it (euro conversion was a rip off as it was).

Quite a bit over the top there. What does a Founder Pack have to do with bugs, forums being "fascist", etc.? I think you just took the opportunity to rant. But whatever, I understand the rants you described just not the thread for it.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited June 2013
    Their marketing and sales strategy;

Get a bunch of guys to invest 200-250 dollars each in a game they know little about...
    say its an exclusive pack only for Founders, wave the shinies in front of them....
    then have them betatest it for free for you....
    while they buy micro stuff like respecs in order to rest it, making you even more money during a beta...
    all the while you say "get founders pack, while you still can!"....
    Game launches officially (as half a game, ridden with bugs and exploits and the new content fails like GG).
    Rename the 200-250 dollar pack and let it stay.
    Add new Zen things in the store.

*claps*
    Brilliant. So incredibly noble to. I bet "ethics" is their creed, just like "support" is the customer support's.
    edited June 2013
    It's why I waited. I was expecting--and even asked on Twitter to no avail--when the Founder's Packs would be no longer available. Crickets. No response.

So I waited. And thought to myself, if they go away, then that's ok. And if I can still get them later, then that's ok too. I haven't bought one... yet. And still on the fence about it.

The only hate I could see over this is that people fell for the "while you still can" tag with the notice above the forums, etc. They never gave an end date. And you still have your in-game Founder tag which no one else can get now.

Quite a bit over the top there. What does a Founder Pack have to do with bugs, forums being "fascist", etc.? I think you just took the opportunity to rant. But whatever, I understand the rants you described just not the thread for it.

I don't think it was over the top, at all. I was making the point that this isn't the only sneaky or weak thing that has come out of Neverwinter, and that it all adds up, like someone previously even wrote, "what pushed over the edge", making it relevant and not only a rant.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Most intelligent folks saw this coming from a mile away. We even warned people on the forums not to pay for this cash grab of a game (multiple 50+ page threads until the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mods closed them):

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?180222-Server-crashed&p=2523182#post2523182

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?178612-I-acutally-enjoy-playing-Neverwinter-but-the-Greed-from-Cryptic-PWE-is-disgusting!&p=2532871#post2532871

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?178612-I-acutally-enjoy-playing-Neverwinter-but-the-Greed-from-Cryptic-PWE-is-disgusting!&p=2532042#post2532042

A lot of people didn't listen or was simply tricked by the PWE and Cryptic marketing hype. That's why I laugh. Any sensible MMO gamer would've seen exactly what they were going to do with this game (which is nothing). I also kept hope that they'd smarten up and attempt to improve the game in order to make more money. But alas, that wasn't the case.

Now they pull this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. That's why I'm laughing harder now.

+100 on this post, I think most people saw this coming as it's the best way for Cryptic/P.w.e to bring in a good chunk of money before and after launch. I have to say I am really glad I didn't buy the $200 package that's being offered that really would have sucked.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    Their marketing and sales strategy;

Get a bunch of guys to invest 200-250 dollars each in a game they know little about...
    say its an exclusive pack only for Founders, wave the shinies in front of them....

(...)

Brilliant.

Not really brilliant as it's done all the time (I know you were being sarcastic). Standard marketing practices. And it's not limited to big publishers either. Just take a look at all of the indie projects on Kick Starter or IndieGoGo. They do the same thing with "donation packages" that give you a lot fluff, shinnies, and promises. I don't know why you're surprised by all of this? Developer/publishers have been doing ever since they started releasing games with different versions (eg: collector's editions).

People fall for it, in the droves. I fall for it too. And sometimes that special edition/pack is worthwhile, sometimes not. It's all relative on what it means to you and if you play the game for just a couple months or years.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it was over the top, at all. I was making the point that this isn't the only sneaky or weak thing that has come out of Neverwinter, and that it all adds up, like someone previously even wrote, "what pushed over the edge", making it relevant and not only a rant.

I agree, it is relevant for players who payed the $200 for an (Exclusive) package to be a tad upset.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    I agree, it is relevant for players who payed the $200 for an (Exclusive) package to be a tad upset.

You took that out of context. :) The part in question is him ranting about bugs and fascist forums in a thread about Founder/Neverwinter packs. Nothing wrong with ranting about Founder packs in a thread about it.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited June 2013
    Not really brilliant as it's done all the time (I know you were being sarcastic). Standard marketing practices. And it's not limited to big publishers either. Just take a look at all of the indie projects on Kick Starter or IndieGoGo. They do the same thing with "donation packages" that give you a lot fluff, shinnies, and promises. I don't know why you're surprised by all of this? Developer/publishers have been doing ever since they started releasing games with different versions (eg: collector's editions).

People fall for it, in the droves. I fall for it too. And sometimes that special edition/pack is worthwhile, sometimes not. It's all relative on what it means to you and if you play the game for just a couple months or years.

"Just because the other kiddies do it doesn't make it okay" should be enough of an answer to that.
    edited June 2013
    You took that out of context. :) The part in question is him ranting about bugs and fascist forums in a thread about Founder/Neverwinter packs. Nothing wrong with ranting about Founder packs in a thread about it.

Read what he/she qouted from my post. Read it a few times. Let it sink in. Ponder. Return.
    edited June 2013
    "Just because the other kiddies do it doesn't make it okay" should be enough of an answer to that.

True, but didn't you see this coming a mile away? Surely you're smart enough to pick that up, right? :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No regrets about my purchase. Why do I care if other people can still get it? However it's not really worth the same price point as you don't get beta access.. and the countdown on others being able to create Drows has already begun.

Some of you people get outraged at the dumbest things.
    edited June 2013

The only company I've not had to much of an issue with doing that is Blizzard. When I spend the extra money for a Deluxe box set their is a limit on how many they have to sale and once that numbers reached that's it. Yes, occasionally you will see a box set go back up for sale, but very rarely have I seen that happen in my 9 years of playing World of Warcraft.

I'm not sure people are so much (Surprised) as they are probably disappointed that Cryptic marketed the $200 package as being Exclusive.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    No regrets about my purchase. Why do I care if other people can still get it? However it's not really worth the same price point as you don't get beta access.. and the countdown on others being able to create Drows has already begun.

Some of you people get outraged at the dumbest things.

Indeed. I think they're just POed at the game or Cryptic/PWE's handling of it and imprinting that anger or frustration on this rather minor incident. I don't blame them for the complaints about Cryptic/PWE (I have plenty of them too), just their choice of sharing that in an unrelated thread.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png