test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Founders pack are now Neverwinter Packs?

14567810»

Comments

• nonsenseinonsensei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting happier and happier i haven't spent a single cent on this game yet.
  • fabmarkfabmark Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i had 5 weeks of fun with nw got 1 charecter to 60 and a few to lvl 30 plus ,i bought the 200$ pack for the early start and bought 50$ worth of zen since i run each charecter on a different account, loved the early start awsome bunch of players ,way cheaper then going to the pub(drinking hole) in a month, also these new packs dont give you early acess or the the founder title etc.
    You either enjoy playing the game or you dont.
    And dont forget if no one bought the packs or bought zen there would be no game.
    Waiting on new expansion and some more fun,funny thing spending 250$ assent stopped me from going to the movies 5 times in the last month with the family assent affected my full time employment and assent stopped me from sleeping at night and i still have cash in my wallet.
  • hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fabmark wrote: »
    And dont forget if no one bought the packs or bought zen there would be no game.

I'm reasonably certain that the income from all the other games that both PWE and Cryptic maintain, this one could stay active. Have new content added, of the free or pay variety...well, that's another story. But as I stated, I'm reasonably certain the income from the other games could keep the servers on if no-one at all ever paid another dime for this (IMHO) travesty.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    I'm reasonably certain that the income from all the other games that both PWE and Cryptic maintain, this one could stay active. Have new content added, of the free or pay variety...well, that's another story. But as I stated, I'm reasonably certain the income from the other games could keep the servers on if no-one at all ever paid another dime for this (IMHO) travesty.

Yes this game probably could be supported by other games, but why put any development into a game that isn't producing any returns?

As we saw with CoH, just because a game makes money doesn't mean it wont get shut down. So I'm sure the opposite could be true.
    edited July 2013
    Yes this game probably could be supported by other games, but why put any development into a game that isn't producing any returns?

I.....actually pointed out in my post that development likely would not happen in that scenario. Why do you restate it?

Also, I well recall what happened to the best MMO (again, IMHO) to ever hit the web so far.

Personally, I've spent about...thirty bucks on this. Well spent? Dubious. Will I spend more? Not likely, as I'm seeing what I perceive as underhanded advertising tactics and alterations of previous statements to reinforce new sales policies.

Will I keep playing? Until THIS GAME comes out the 25th. Oh, that's tomorrow! I'll probably still pop in to say hi to friends, but actively play? Nah.
  • nonsenseinonsensei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not only would the game not be developed, but if it wasn't bringing in money they would likely shut the game down. Servers cost money to maintain.

I just dropped $20 on the game for 2000 zen. I can get a bag, a couple character slots, and have some left over. Its really all I need. Would I like to get the hero of the North pack? Of course I like all the stuff it comes with, but $200 is a hefty price just to be able to roll Drizzt Do'Urden.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nonsensei wrote: »
    Would I like to get the hero of the North pack? Of course I like all the stuff it comes with, but $200 is a hefty price just to be able to roll Drizzt Do'Urden.

In my opinion $200 (even more expensive if you pay in Euro) is not only "hefty", its a insane price for some digital additions to a incomplete game, no matter how you look at it, really. Compare it to purchasing full games (wich this isn't). Trying to recall similar prices in MMOs, but I can't, really. PWE and Cryptic really raises the bar... in all the wrong ways.
    Having a job (not at Taco Bell or similar places as someone sneered) is not the issue - having money to spend is not the issue. Overpriced stuff is. Especially when one big selling argument in their design was a scam. Add to that the things they charge for, like respecs... sigh.

A qoute from another thread, regarding standard engame stuff, wich altho AD is often boosted by Zen;
    dkcandy wrote: »
    3 - Rank 8 Dark Enchantments - 5 Mil AD
    6 - Rank 8 Radiant Enchantments - 6 Mil AD
    4 - Greater Tenebrous - 8 Mil AD
    2 - Rank 8 Profane Runestone - 2 Mil AD
    1 - Rank 8 Eldritch Runestone - 500k AD
    3 - Rank 8 Azure Enchantment - 2 Mil AD
    1 - Greater Soulforged Enchantment - 4 Mil AD
    1 - Greater Plague Fire Enchantment - 2 Mil AD
    1 - Perfect Lightning Enchantment - 10 Mil AD
    1 - Cat - 990k AD
    Level 25 to 30 Upgrade for Cat 750k AD

For everything else there is Mastercard!
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Once upon a time in 2012, a couple took their 5 year old kid to McDonald's. The naughty boy stomped his feet and kept crying "I want Happy Meal, I want Transformers... I want Happy Meal, I want Transformers...". The couple bought a "Limited Time Offer" Happy Meal and the boy got his Optimus Prime. The boy got back to school and showed his classmates his precious Transformer toy and was happy for several months until...

One day, the little boy saw a little girl in a park playing with the 2013 edition of Optimus Prime she pulled out from the newest "Limited Time Offer Happy Meal". The little boy rolled on the floor and refused to get up because he thought Ronald McDonald's lied to him.

Hundreds and hundreds of visitors passed by... Guessed what they said to the boy's parents?

"Get real! We all know what McDonald's sell. We buy a Value Meal when we want to eat a Value Meal. We buy a Happy Meal when our kids want the toys that come with it. Teach your kids what Limited Time Offer means in the real world or your kids will make you look like really bad".

Missing keyword which makes this a rather "cool" but pointless story, "brother"

"Exclusivity"

That's just for a start. The sheer patronizing audacity to compare a 200 dollar founder pack's contents with a happy meal toy, is so ridiculous and insulting, that I'm actually unable to take it seriously, as the only reason you would take the stance you have is to annoy folks who take issue with this direction.

Having said that, isn't this entire thing just jumping to conclusions? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. But have ya'll got concrete evidence on this?
  • thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just by looking at how people treat a $200 pack such a big deal I know who are not worthy to receive a real world Wall Street lecture.

Anyway, mainstream customers never ask how well a business performs. They only buy the products when they want to buy them. Wall Street people put their money in the companies they think that will bring back better return than from other means. If the products are bad, nobody will buy them. If nobody buys their products, nobody will invest in those companies and their stocks will drop.

Negative campaigning is proven to be ineffective more than 10 years ago. A very good example to illustrate this fact is the "award" of "the worst company in the America" to EA two years in a row and yet real people only found its revenues and stock price kept shooting up significantly better than its peers. Even old fashioned people like Rupert Murdoch will tell these mudslingers "you are out-out-out-out-dated". ;)

Go check out various news and PWE's products such as Torchlight 2 among many others. Go find out the stock price, financial details and analysts recommendations after they named another CEO. Virtual people lie, but facts don't.
    edited July 2013
    Just by looking at how people treat a $200 pack such a big deal I know who are not worthy to receive a real world Wall Street lecture.

Anyway, mainstream customers never ask how well a business performs. They only buy the products when they want to buy them. Wall Street people put their money in the companies they think that will bring back better return than from other means. If the products are bad, nobody will buy them. If nobody buys their products, nobody will invest in those companies and their stocks will drop.

Negative campaigning is proven to be ineffective more than 10 years ago. A very good example to illustrate this fact is the "award" of "the worst company in the America" to EA two years in a row and yet real people only found its revenues and stock price kept shooting up significantly better than its peers. Even old fashioned people like Rupert Murdoch will tell these mudslingers "you are out-out-out-out-dated". ;)

Go check out various news and PWE's products such as Torchlight 2 among many others. Go find out the stock price, financial details and analysts recommendations after they named another CEO. Virtual people lie, but facts don't.

Arrogance and elitism. Cool.
    Nice addition to using Burger joints as a relevant argument. Brilliant.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    johnfell wrote: »

Yup thats what people are whining about in this thread. They arent unique anymore, so boo hoo.
    edited July 2013

There is not such thing as elitism in the business world. Nothing is either totally black or white. The cats that catch mice are the good cats.
    edited July 2013
    Yup thats what people are whining about in this thread. They arent unique anymore, so boo hoo.

That statement alone clearly proves how little you've understood of the posts in this thread. How about you actually contribute a well written and thought out post, listing your arguments for or against this thread, or concerns or ideas in any form of constructive way, like many others here have done (when we haven't simply answered others in short.). Or do you prefer to troll, as your post clearly shows?
    What is it; contributer and debater, or troll? The proof, I suspect, will come in your next post.
    edited July 2013
    There is not such thing as elitism in the business world. Nothing is either totally black or white. The cats that catch mice are the good cats.

I was talking about you and your "contributions", not the world of business itself, nor was I talking about shades of grey or cats and mice. But I suspect that was somehow lost on you, or in the big scary space of internet.
    But all this of course matters little, as you've made your views perfectly clear.
    edited July 2013
    Actually, nevermind, Im done with theviking and jade now joins him and ratrail in my mind. No need to respond. :)
    edited July 2013
    Actually, nevermind, Im done with theviking and jade now joins him and ratrail in my mind. No need to respond. :)

All you need to do is read this, as this quote actually pertains to the thread and shows just how silly the *****ing about the packs is.
    not sure if serious....

but if so... really? /This/ is what pushes you over the edge? Not the customer support issues, the zen prices, the bugs, the wacky economy with like 36 currencies?

Thank you for bringing amusement to my day. :)
    edited July 2013
    All you need to do is read this, as this quote actually pertains to the thread and shows just how silly the *****ing about the packs is.

"not sure if serious....

but if so... really? /This/ is what pushes you over the edge? Not the customer support issues, the zen prices, the bugs, the wacky economy with like 36 currencies?
    Thank you for bringing amusement to my day."

So because there are other issues with this game, this fact make other issues non-issues, or less important? If something is not as important to you as it is to many others you somehow override them and get to decide that their money or time or trust wasted is unimportant, eventhough it reflects upon the game and company responsible, and serves to inform others of like mind?
    Amazing use of "logic" there.

But like I said; no need to respond, as you continue to fail, as evident all over this forum and thread in particular. If you're so dead set on responding, how about doing it for real, like I first asked? Something tells me you won't, as you never do. So bait away, or troll, if that is your desire. Each time you make me laugh, and laughter is a good thing - I hear it even prolongs life expectancy :)
    That statement alone clearly proves how little you've understood of the posts in this thread. How about you actually contribute a well written and thought out post, listing your arguments for or against this thread, or concerns or ideas in any form of constructive way, like many others here have done (when we haven't simply answered others in short.). Or do you prefer to troll, as your post clearly shows?
    What is it; contributer and debater, or troll? The proof, I suspect, will come in your next post.
    edited July 2013
    I was talking about you and your "contributions", not the world of business itself, nor was I talking about shades of grey or cats and mice. But I suspect that was somehow lost on you, or in the big scary space of internet.
    But all this of course matters little, as you've made your views perfectly clear.

Scared and lost in the "space of internet" are those who live there like it is the real world. To me internet is only a place for fun. If you don't find it fun, you don't have to be there.

If I was one of those virtual people who had to worried about getting kicked out of the door by bosses like Rupert Murdoch I would be scared and lost. Thanks God I don't get my paychecks from the internet. Hallelujah!!!
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Haha, looks it's the guy who criticizes others for not being constructive or rational contributors. Here's a link for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem. All you do with insults is show how weak your arguments actually are.
    edited July 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    Haha, looks it's the guy who criticizes others for not being constructive or rational contributors. Here's a link for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem. All you do with insults is show how weak your arguments actually are.

Coming from you this is both funny and sad. Especially since you jump most of my posts, regardless of their nature or topic of thread - even more so in threads you claim to not even care about, such as this one. You constantly jump or bait or insult, and so on.
    I have been constructive and rational and contributed quite abit to this thread over these 30 pages, not to mention others, and I have even wasted time in trying to answer your, by definition obvious, trolling, in several places including this one (from page 13 and onwards);
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?374531-It-s-time-to-stop-selling-founders-packs&p=5279471&viewfull=1#post5279471

But no matter how much, or little, I write, and regardless of how correct or incorrect I am, you always resort to the same, typical responses. Every single time. You don't engage in debates and don't try to voice real arguments, or build upon others in constructive ways, or show any respect to people who disagree with you. This is clearly shown all over this forum. So, if you'll kindly forgive me, I am done feeding this particular troll, and will take no part in petty insult competitions any longer.

For your convenience;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

EDIT; Below this post your proved my point once again, making this even easier for me. :) Have a nice day.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Coming from you this is both funny and sad. Especially since you jump most of my posts, regardless of their nature or topic of thread.
    I have been constructive and rational and contributed quite abit to this thread over these 30 pages, not to mention others, and I have even wasted time in trying to answer your, by definition obvious, trolling, in several places including this one;
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?374531-It-s-time-to-stop-selling-founders-packs&p=5279471&viewfull=1#post5279471

But no matter how much, or little, I write, and regardless of how correct or incorrect I am, you always resort to the same, typical responses. Every single time. You don't engage in debates and don't try to voice real arguments, or build upon others in constructive ways, or show any respect to people who disagree with you. This is clearly shown all over this forum. So, if you'll kindly forgive me, I am done feeding this particular troll, and will take no part in petty insult competitions any longer.

For your convenience;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

It's amusing watching your pathetic attempts to take the "high ground" and say you aren't going to engage in insults, right after I quote you doing it above. And, it's clear from this thread that it's not just me who you insult (all while trying to act like you are taking the high ground, no less), but rather anyone who disagrees with you and your crusades.

Thanks for the laugh though.
    edited July 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    The sheer patronizing audacity to compare a 200 dollar founder pack's contents with a happy meal toy,

Wellnow...this here's the conundrum, partner.

Th cost of the thing isn't the issue here, it's the VALUE(to which some people would say the happy meal toy has more value) that is ascribed to the product. "Exclusivity" is a word tagged on to add to the COST, but not the VALUE.

However, the value of the product is decreased by changing its exclusivity to nothing more than the happy meal toy.

All of this is moot, however, as it was misleading terminology in the first place(which I do believe is the point some people are trying to make here) that has provoked this discussion thread.