test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Founders pack are now Neverwinter Packs?

Comments

• cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now back on topic, does it matter if the packs are founders or not? No. It doesnt. You may feel like you lost out on some exclusivity, but you're not a special snowflake and this is a business practice that has happened before, will happen again and your *****ing wont change it.

If you're not replying to me, then please don't quote me in with all of that. My stance on the issue is similar to yours.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you're not replying to me, then please don't quote me in with all of that. My stance on the issue is similar to yours.

I did reply to you, you just have to have the mental capacity to be able to read the entire post.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It is a tad shady to say "This program ends on this date" then change the date, every time it got close. One of the reasons, I bought Hero of the North. I thought like in TOR, when they sold CE for 150 (Collector Edition) they at least took it down after launch. They even had a neat vendor for CE only.

Yet the 200 starter pack, many of us bought for reasons in part, we assumed it wouldn't no longer be there once the game launch. It seems its intent on staying. Which is a negative drawback for those who thought these certain races and etc would only be there for a limited time.

200 dollars starter pack is the most expensive item for an MMO that I have ever seen. 150 was the current highest. It just doesn't feel that unique, special. Considering anyone with 200 bucks can buy it. These items were supposed be phased out during launch. If they weren't.

Then they shouldn't have hinted its for a limited time only.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no legit response from on-high? Almost hilarious.
    edited June 2013
    synfoola wrote: »

Yup, nothing yet. Apparently business as usual.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    synfoola wrote: »

What's truly hilarious (or sad) is the people bashing people who's raising concerns against PWE, saying they're fools or should grow up, wise up, this is how the world works, or flat out lying in PWE's defense, etc... Truly people without balls, or backbone. Just.. sad.
    Trust in a gaming community to stab eachother in the back like no other trying to win some Forum Warrior Points.

But agreed, their silence is hilarious.
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    Trust in a gaming community to stab eachother in the back like no other trying to win some Forum Warrior Points.

Sad but true.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Oh well, it happens and that's life. Cryptic is a company after all and this is yet another way for them too bring in a decent amount of money to keep the game running. The price you pay for a free to play game is that you have to pay for it some how, it wont run off the hopes and dreams of players wanting a truly free game.

I find your sig funny given you're sitting here justifying shady, unethical business practices like a stupid person would.
    edited June 2013
    overclock wrote: »
    Wow, what a bunch of whiny people. I wasn't aware that the founders pack was ever exclusive? .

You didnt read much then. I didnt even buy a founders pack and I remember reading that part.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    I find your sig funny given you're sitting here justifying shady, unethical business practices like a stupid person would.

You call it unethical, I call it business strategy. It doesnt effect me one bit.
    edited June 2013
    You call it unethical, I call it business strategy. It doesnt effect me one bit.

I call people like you the reason America is pretty much ran by unethical corporations and their lackeys.
    edited June 2013
    I call people like you the reason America is pretty much ran by unethical corporations and their lackeys.

And explain how your complaining has been different then the other complaints? Are you accomplishing what you wanted to? Or just *****ing because a company is making money?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And explain how your complaining has been different then the other complaints? Are you accomplishing what you wanted to? Or just *****ing because a company is making money?

So, in your mind, if a company promises that something will be exclusive to those that buy during a limited window of time, then goes back on their word later on, that's perfectly fine w/ you as long as the company is making money?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    So, in your mind, if a company promises that something will be exclusive to those that buy during a limited window of time, then goes back on their word later on, that's perfectly fine w/ you as long as the company is making money?

Im saying that the Founders pack was exclusive. Show me where I can buy the Founders pack and receive EVERYTHING that the founders bought.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im saying that the Founders pack was exclusive. Show me where I can buy the Founders pack and receive EVERYTHING that the founders bought.

No, you're right... taking away a title and changing the name makes it totally different.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    No, you're right... taking away a title and changing the name makes it totally different.

Totally. Just like if you stick a single extra filter on the smokestack the coal is suddenly clean (er)
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

And the sign on the door to the classroom read: Semantics 101. This is actually a sign on a door, of which the classroom is on the other side.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its a tad discouraging. Its not because I don't want everyone running around with a Spider. Its because like with every MMO in history. (To my knowledge) even PS3, Xbox360 games. They all promise you special things for the pre order. The Hero of the North was supposed be for a limited time.

If not, then why keep saying the date then moving it, to finally just taking out the founders title. But selling every item. Its not like prices in game are not enough. It pays money to respect, money for extra space. I feel this is a great game. It could do really well if they weren't so excessive to get more profits.

In my humble point of view, if you keep squeezing money out of the customers. Then it finally dawns on them how much money they actually poured into this game, and play something else. At the very least. They could start a different pack that didn't contain nearly everything Hero of North did.

I just wonder why they said "limited time" when it wasn't. Misleading your customer base right at launch doesn't express great confidence for the future. They are welcome to make a new pack. Its not as if they aren't making generous sum of money from Zen purchases.
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    Its a tad discouraging. Its not because I don't want everyone running around with a Spider. Its because like with every MMO in history. (To my knowledge) even PS3, Xbox360 games. They all promise you special things for the pre order. The Hero of the North was supposed be for a limited time.

If not, then why keep saying the date then moving it, to finally just taking out the founders title. But selling every item. Its not like prices in game are not enough. It pays money to respect, money for extra space. I feel this is a great game. It could do really well if they weren't so excessive to get more profits.

In my humble point of view, if you keep squeezing money out of the customers. Then it finally dawns on them how much money they actually poured into this game, and play something else. At the very least. They could start a different pack that didn't contain nearly everything Hero of North did.

I just wonder why they said "limited time" when it wasn't. Misleading your customer base right at launch doesn't express great confidence for the future. They are welcome to make a new pack. Its not as if they aren't making generous sum of money from Zen purchases.

because this is pretty much how PWE operates.

Theyre a chinese MMO publisher with a tendency to favor asian f2p strategies that border on exploitative.
    edited June 2013
    because this is pretty much how PWE operates.

Theyre a chinese MMO publisher with a tendency to favor asian f2p strategies that border on exploitative.

I don't care where theyre from, theyve clearly shown their true colours one time too many now, and personally I've learned not to trust them, from this, and that's one customer lost. Not much perhaps, but theyve lost others from it too, and if they continue more will drop, and disgruntled customers use word of mouth too, so this will spread. Even if they just take a small hit, a glancing little blow from this, or eventually their unethical buisiness in these things make the playerbase minimal, doesn't matter.
    You stand up for what you believe in, and you choose how to be treated.
    I believe in not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over your paying customers, loyal fans, and I will not be treated like this. Ive seen that others feel the same.
    It's that simple.
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was very similar with Star Trek Online. There were multiple pre-order bonuses depending on the retailer so many people bought more than one copy of the game. Then about 3-4 months later, Cryptic put nearly all the bonuses on the C-Store for sale saying our "exclusivity had passed". I don't think it's just a Perfect World thing.
    edited June 2013
    I don't care where theyre from, theyve clearly shown their true colours one time too many now, and personally I've learned not to trust them, from this, and that's one customer lost. Not much perhaps, but theyve lost others from it too, and if they continue more will drop, and disgruntled customers use word of mouth too, so this will spread. Even if they just take a small hit, a glancing little blow from this, or eventually their unethical buisiness in these things make the playerbase minimal, doesn't matter.
    You stand up for what you believe in, and you choose how to be treated.
    I believe in not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over your paying customers, loyal fans, and I will not be treated like this. Ive seen that others feel the same.
    It's that simple.

You arent being screwed over, they didnt take anything away from you. And if you are so upset with this then take one step out the door and leave.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your posts are entertaining.

In a Fox & Friends kind of way.
    edited June 2013
    You arent being screwed over, they didnt take anything away from you. And if you are so upset with this then take one step out the door and leave.

You really must have severe reading and comprehension issues if that post was all you had to contribute with. But no, I won't bite.
    If you don't like this thread or the opinions found herein, take one step out this forum door and leave.
    edited June 2013
    You really must have severe reading and comprehension issues if that post was all you had to contribute with. But no, I won't bite.
    If you don't like this thread or the opinions found herein, take one step out this forum door and leave.

No you are right, you have lost out on so much. You are no longer a unique snowflake now that others can buy the Neverwinter packs. Dont want to be treated this way? Leave. Go off and make your own game where you can be as special as your mother always told you you were.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My refund request was denied.

Here is part of the response from PWE:

"While we thank you for your business, we are not offering compensation for users who purchased a Neverwinter Founder's pack prior to the Launch date of 6/20/2013. However, we have adjusted the packs to remove the "founder's" specific items while maintaining the same price. "

Notice that the response says 'items', which is plural. This statement is yet another lie, because the only item removed from these packs was the in-game title, 'Founder'. That should be singular. They also did not address the fact that they displayed repeated forum banner text ads proclaiming that the 'Founder's Programs ends on' a certain date. The first date I ever say was May 9th (on May 6th, the day they stole my $60). On May 7th this forum website said the 'Founder's Program ends on May 30th'. On and on.

I will submit a complain and refund request through www.bbb.org. Then my appeals are exhausted and I am just cheated out of $60--because had I known the only exclusive item in those Founder's Packs were the title 'Founder' and the item would always be available, I would have never spent $60 on a pack on May 6th.

But I got lied to, cheated, and swindled by PWE, with whom neither I, nor any one in my family, will ever do business again.

Live and lrn2avoidPWEatallcosts.
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    My refund request was denied.

Here is part of the response from PWE:

"While we thank you for your business, we are not offering compensation for users who purchased a Neverwinter Founder's pack prior to the Launch date of 6/20/2013. However, we have adjusted the packs to remove the "founder's" specific items while maintaining the same price. "

Notice that the response says 'items', which is plural. This statement is yet another lie, because the only item removed from these packs was the in-game title, 'Founder'. That should be singular. They also did not address the fact that they displayed repeated forum banner text ads proclaiming that the 'Founder's Programs ends on' a certain date. The first date I ever say was May 9th (on May 6th, the day they stole my $60). On May 7th this forum website said the 'Founder's Program ends on May 30th'. On and on.

I will submit a complain and refund request through www.bbb.org. Then my appeals are exhausted and I am just cheated out of $60--because had I known the only exclusive item in those Founder's Packs were the title 'Founder' and the item would always be available, I would have never spent $60 on a pack on May 6th.

But I got lied to, cheated, and swindled by PWE, with whom neither I, nor any one in my family, will ever do business again.

Live and lrn2avoidPWEatallcosts.

So you are just upset because you want a refund because you arent happy with the game. Dont try to play this off like the only reason you want a refund is because they are still selling the packs. That isnt logical.
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am I missing something here? If I can't purchase the Founder title anymore to be a proper "founder", then that pack was indeed exclusive, regardless of what else was offered in it.
    edited June 2013
    No you are right, you have lost out on so much. You are no longer a unique snowflake now that others can buy the Neverwinter packs. Dont want to be treated this way? Leave. Go off and make your own game where you can be as special as your mother always told you you were.

It's cute how you obviously haven't read much in this thread (or you would have known why people are disliking PWE right now) but instead just beat on your internet warrior chest and hurl around random, cliche and over-used insults like "snowflake" and "your mother". (I'm waiting for the chuck norris "jokes" or "Hodor!"-outbursts.)
    (Oh, and Im not a Founder, nor a special snowflake, but I do have a right to voice my concerns regarding the nature the company Im funding through Zen does buisiness and how they treat their customers, wich include me, and the effect this has on the longevity of a game I enjoy.)

Now while I do applaud your oh so original internet e-peen fighting spirit, I'm just not capable to take you seriously, Oh Mighty Viking of the Web - dreadfully sorry. If you want to continue your insults and derail the thread, I direct you to my PM box; there you can flail away to your hearts content.

Hugs and kisses <3
    edited June 2013
    So you are just upset because you want a refund because you arent happy with the game. Dont try to play this off like the only reason you want a refund is because they are still selling the packs. That isnt logical.

Its not "logical" to want to discontinue your support from a company that's tricked you and sold you things under false pretense? Not "logical" to want your purchase refunded when it didn't turn out to be what they promised it would?
    I'd direct you to your nearest dictionary but I don't think it would help you much, sadly...