test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founders pack are now Neverwinter Packs?

Comments

• Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is because you already bought one.
    Well, if that's how it works, that would explain it. But I thought one could purchase them more than once for some reason (even if it's redundant to do so). I guess I misread a forum post a while back, or something. :)

Thanks for the correction/clearing that up for me, then!

Edit: oh...and in that case, I can understand the ire, if one wanted one of the Packs for exclusivity of the items. Myself, I just wanted the Panther. I'm a huge cat fan/nut ... with too much time and spare change. ;)
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    I disagree with basically everything you just wrote, and every argument you tried to make has been met, and countered, before you even wrote them.
    Your way of thinking, to me, is really bad for games, MMOs in particular - something that's been evident in MMOs for years and years.

Countered how? I remember when Matrix Online was coming out and there was something about a permanent +10 bonus to jump skill if you preordered. Now I never played Matrix Online (and I had already decided at that point in my life that I would never buy a game until I had tried it so I would never again pay for a game that was not enjoyable) so I never did get the preorder bonus. However, because that bonus existed I knew my character would never be as good as he could possibly have been. There would always be an improvement that other characters got that mine would never get. No matter how insignificant that bonus may have been it was enough for me to decide to never bother playing Matrix Online.

Not sure how you counter this? I am a customer that that game will never get simply because they decided to have a pre-order bonus that could be acquired in no other way. Unless that pre-order bonus attracted more dollars than it lost it was a bad idea to have it as a pre-order bonus. You can put anything you want in a pre-order pack, but if you make anything in that pack unavailable later you are going to lose some customers. Is it still worth doing? I don't know. It depends entirely on whether the extra pre-order packs sold outweigh all the money that could have eventually been gained from those lost customers.
  • Options
    ryebagryebag Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Countered how? I remember when Matrix Online was coming out and there was something about a permanent +10 bonus to jump skill if you preordered. Now I never played Matrix Online (and I had already decided at that point in my life that I would never buy a game until I had tried it so I would never again pay for a game that was not enjoyable) so I never did get the preorder bonus. However, because that bonus existed I knew my character would never be as good as he could possibly have been. There would always be an improvement that other characters got that mine would never get. No matter how insignificant that bonus may have been it was enough for me to decide to never bother playing Matrix Online.

Not sure how you counter this? I am a customer that that game will never get simply because they decided to have a pre-order bonus that could be acquired in no other way. Unless that pre-order bonus attracted more dollars than it lost it was a bad idea to have it as a pre-order bonus. You can put anything you want in a pre-order pack, but if you make anything in that pack unavailable later you are going to lose some customers. Is it still worth doing? I don't know. It depends entirely on whether the extra pre-order packs sold outweigh all the money that could have eventually been gained from those lost customers.

That's not equivalent in any way to what we are discussing here, the items they claimed were exclusive to the founders packs did not give you an unobtainable (once the game went live) bonus that forever gave you an advantage over non-founders (even if they had stuck to their word). All people are asking here is that the items they stated were exclusive to the founders pack actually be exclusive!! These aren't %120 mounts never to be sold again. As people have said all they needed to do was create some new packs.
  • Options
    kt6ylz3qcikt6ylz3qci Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can understand why people are upset. But surprised? You shouldn't be.

I will admit I find it shocking and perhaps even insulting that they didn't even bother changing the mount to something other than a spider. Exclusive mounts are a preeminent status symbol, after all. A unique mesh is a small price for the company to pay to preserve the promise of exclusivity to purchasers of the "founder" pack along with their happiness, but apparently Cryptic/PW feels differently. I guess you'll have to be content with the title.

If nothing else, you purchased a learning experience.
  • Options
    goldentulipgoldentulip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »

The argument here about them claiming founder pack to be exclusive, a pack that should have been long gone at the time game went live. But there there...they are in a same pack with a different name and one item removed (founder title)
    fss_overall.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    goldentulipgoldentulip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kt6ylz3qci wrote: »
    I can understand why people are upset. But surprised? You shouldn't be.

I will admit I find it shocking and perhaps even insulting that they didn't even bother changing the mount to something other than a spider. Exclusive mounts are a preeminent status symbol, after all. A unique mesh is a small price for the company to pay to preserve the promise of exclusivity to purchasers of the "founder" pack along with their happiness, but apparently Cryptic/PW feels differently. I guess you'll have to be content with the title.

If nothing else, you purchased a learning experience.

Exclusive items have always been exclusive...this is so wrong...this is an act of deception, a ruse, a trick...unacceptable...Am enjoying the game and this is making me so very sad. They are distributing FREE exclusive items/titles via fan sites and this will continue...I bought 3 packs for a "founder title"....that's outrageous.

Oh forgot to mention the exclusive title "critical hit" for level 60s who were lucky enough to have the event timing suitable for them to join.

The founder pack exclusive was a big fat lie...

THANKS CRYPTIC/PWI
    fss_overall.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    moonbamoonba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    This is... disgusting.

I bought the Founder's Pack, but not to enjoy some slight in-game priviledges (like the ridiculous 2m AD that was worth nothing in a matter of weeks because of all the exploits).
    I did it because I thought I was supporting a game and a team (Cryptic) that had a lot of potential.

I did it because I know that if you guys launched your game as beta instead of "soft release", it's because you have a different business model than WoW and other cash-making factories.

Your model is that everything is free and you expect people to contribute either because they want to improve their game experience somehow (items, fashion, etc) or because they want to support your game. Probably both at the same time. This reminds me of LoL : a game that started from nothing (a few devs from DotA) and didn't require people to cash-in (but they could if they wanted to).

Now I know : Neverwinter is nothing similar. Cryptic made it into a game even more absurdly cash-oriented than WoW. It's a pay to play all the way.

That's the worst possible choice you guys could've made. Why ? Because we're not stupid 12yo playing a game with daddy's money. The Neverwinter Nights community, and the D&D community in general is much more mature and most of us have been playing MMOs for some time before.

Tell me Cryptic : how do you expect to rip us off with your F2P game model ? Maybe you'll achieve that once by lying about a "limited time Founder Pack", but not twice.
    Game Over.

You took me for a fool, so I'm gonna do the same to you. I'm a computer engineer IRL and trust me : if I wanted to exploit the living hell out of your poorly-coded game, I could have. I didn't because I trusted in you and your intentions to make this a memorable game. Now I'm confident your game will just fall because you couldn't get the trust of your players. You just think of them as milking cows.

I'm not even mentioning your non-stop patches that just proves to people that you can't fix your own game... seriously guys ? you can't even fix a clipping exploit in CN so you just made a death zone around it ? Is your dev team full of juniors or what ?
    The only result from your intense patching is that "exploits" that allowed players to farm the big end-game items without cashing-in are now no longer a possibility... but you're not adding any content ! You're just basically removing any remaining interest from your game for end-game players.

I'm mad at you Cryptic. I tried to contribute and be a good player, but you just spit at my face.

The only thing I feel like doing now is take advantage of all the remaining exploits, get my toon to be full-stuffed and leave this stupid game out of the boredom I already feel coming.

Maybe I'll give some money to the chinese AD farmers in the process : they're more deserving than you are.
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People are angry at a game forum. For once, it seems very justified, and warrants an official response from Cryptic. This cause is righteous, even, Cryptic have not been close to "right" even in many recent decisions.

I would really like (to demand) an answer from them, regarding this. But they dont answer here, they dont answer on their Twitter or FB (not a place for game communication, forums are). They don't answer us.
    Why should we care about people who ignores us, yet have no problem taking our money?
  • Options
    psupiratepsupirate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't own a pack, but this seems pretty shady to me. IMO what Cryptic should have done is retired the spider mount and/or companion and the title and maybe one or two of the 'fluff' items and come out with a new pack at launch. Similar in value (purple mount and companion, etc) but different than what the founders already had.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People are angry at a game forum. For once, it seems very justified, and warrants an official response from Cryptic. This cause is righteous, even, Cryptic have not been close to "right" even in many recent decisions.

I personally think the anger of it is blown a bit out of proportion, but I agree with your sentiments about wanting an official response. If there's one thing we can both be angry and upset about, it's Cryptic's lack of communication with their customers/community. This is the worst dev communication I've seen in any modern MMO. Even worse than Bioware with SWTOR.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I personally think the anger of it is blown a bit out of proportion, but I agree with your sentiments about wanting an official response. If there's one thing we can both be angry and upset about, it's Cryptic's lack of communication with their customers/community. This is the worst dev communication I've seen in any modern MMO. Even worse than Bioware with SWTOR.

I don't. People are angry that they bought something for Two Hundred Dollars (or more, if Euro) that was promised to be exclusive - a one time, time sensitive, deal - wich then turned out to not be. And I think they have every right to be - I am too, altho not a founder I've poured about the same amount in Zen into this same company, so this concerns all paying customers. It concerns non paying players as well, as the company's trust is rightfully in question, wich can have quite real effects on the longevity of this game. People tend to not like shady companies. Some people dont care.

Glad we can agree on something.
  • Options
    justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    Perfect World knows they can easily get away with this false advertising scheme. No player or players are going to successfully sue them over $200. There is no proof because they already deleted all of their lies from the forums and webpages. Plus, they're a Chinese corporation so they're basically immune to law suits from foreign countries. They know that people will just complain and make threats but then forget about this. They just need to stay quiet and pretend like nothing's wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    Perfect World knows they can easily get away with this false advertising scheme. No player or players are going to successfully sue them over $200. There is no proof because they already deleted all of their lies from the forums and webpages. Plus, they're a Chinese corporation so they're basically immune to law suits from foreign countries. They know that people will just complain and make threats but then forget about this. They just need to stay quiet and pretend like nothing's wrong.

Well, hopefully their reputation will take a hit, small or big, as a company's rep can hinder them quite abit when launching new games, and the longevity of their current games.
    I just don't like the idea of rolling over and die.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well, hopefully their reputation will take a hit, small or big, as a company's rep can hinder them quite abit when launching new games, and the longevity of their current games.
    I just don't like the idea of rolling over and die.

Their reputation is already pretty far gone. This wont impact it too much in the long run. And honestly did they say all of the items in the pack would be exclusive or are your panties just in that much of a bunch.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Plus, they're a Chinese corporation so they're basically immune to law suits from foreign countries.

They're not immune to charge backs and BBB complaints. If someone wanted to start a dispute for Paypal they woudln't win, but a charge back on a VISA or MC would probably work fine. Still I'd encourage anyone thinking about doing this to contact PWE first (file a trouble ticket) and give them two weeks to respond. If they don't bother--they probably won't--then do the charge back and tell your credit card company/bank that you attempted to communicate but they didn't respond.

Otherwise, just don't fall for the marketing hype of cash shops and shinny pre-order/packs/editions in the first place. I didn't. Tempted many times, but I've resisted so far. Only dump your money where you you can honestly say to yourself you'd be happy spending that money even if the game/developer doesn't live up to your expectations and you'd still be around playing it months from now.

I'm still tempted by the HotN pack, but I've been resisting since I can't honestly say to myself I wouldn't regret my purchase 3 months from now.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

This...

and just to tweak you peeps further, they could have easily and I do mean easily...have reskinned the models to different colors. It, quite literally would take little more than bringing up the model, clicking on the pallette, and clicking on a different color and saving the reskinned model. They didnt even do that much...why....because you're suckers and there isnt a thing you can or will do about it. You blew your wad...now leave and make room for the next one cause there's one born every minute.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    ....because you're suckers and there isnt a thing you can or will do about it. You blew your wad...now leave and make room for the next one cause there's one born every minute.

There's really no need for that. Don't take out your frustration with PWE on the players.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They're not immune to charge backs and BBB complaints.

Yeah because they obviously care about a score that can be bought, and is bought by many other shady companies. Talk about Pay2Win.
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As above.

BBB rating is totally worthless. You can buy the rating even if your company is ****.
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There's really no need for that. Don't take out your frustration with PWE on the players.

I am not insulting the players....I am giving voice to how PWE actually thinks about its .....customers?......
  • Options
    v0li0nv0li0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Put in a ticket, however it will likely be ignored. But at least give them a chance to make it right for you.

Start up a war room campaign on HTL, the more people who know about these things the more likely it will impact these companies and make them rethink their tactics. Organized letters, email, facebook and twitter initiatives have had good success even against companies as big as EA.

Stop feeding the machine, as long as these companies think they can operative by the "sucker born every minute" rule, they will. Your best weapon is your voice and your wallet.
    holdtheline.com - gaming advocacy network
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    As above.

BBB rating is totally worthless. You can buy the rating even if your company is ****.

Possibly, but remember that it's still money they're having to shell out to clean up their public image. That still hurts them financially a bit.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Possibly, but remember that it's still money they're having to shell out to clean up their public image. That still hurts them financially a bit.

Possibly? No its not possibly, it is fact.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Possibly? No its not possibly, it is fact.

It's "possibly" because some companies have paid to get BBB to 'have another look', and others refuse to do that.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/06/22/better-business-bureau-admits-mistakes-were-made-on-pay-for-rat/
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's "possibly" because some companies have paid to get BBB to 'have another look', and others refuse to do that.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/06/22/better-business-bureau-admits-mistakes-were-made-on-pay-for-rat/

Yes because Hamas really needed that second look to their rating huh?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Also, I just looked them up on BBB. Cryptic Studios has an "F" rating due to complaints, so no, they have not paid for a better score right now...

http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/cryptic-studios-in-los-gatos-ca-221613

Perfect World Entertainment, which owns Cryptic, has "no rating", but many complaints. Perhaps PWE paid them off to remove the rating?...

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623
    Yes because Hamas really needed that second look to their rating huh?

LOL!
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, I just looked them up on BBB. Cryptic Studios has an "F" rating due to complaints, so no, they have not paid for a better score right now...

http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/cryptic-studios-in-los-gatos-ca-221613

Perfect World Entertainment, which owns Cryptic, has "no rating", but many complaints. Perhaps PWE paid them off to remove the rating?...

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623

LOL!

Frankly, I'd be surprised if any games company scored well in that kind of thing, gamers being who they are..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013

LOL!

You should do some research on what the BBB is actually for, and what they have done before you start spouting them off like they are some perfect agency.

"Even in cases where the grades generally seem fair, however, they probably don’t mean what you think. Unlike the reviews on Yelp or Angie’s, the BBB’s grades are not a reflection of customer experiences or the overall quality of a business. “We are not rating the products or services they provide,” said Hutt. Instead, business grades are mainly determined by “how they resolve customer complaints,” Hutt clarified.

Read more: http://business.time.com/2013/03/19/why-the-better-business-bureau-should-give-itself-a-bad-grade/#ixzz2XWwY3zBF"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Frankly, I'd be surprised if any games company scored well in that kind of thing, gamers being who they are..

Arenanet gets an A+: http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/arenanet-in-bellevue-wa-22017235

Blizzard (Activision) is accredited: http://www.bbb.org/los-angeles/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/blizzard-entertainment-in-irvine-ca-13050668

No idea what they paid for those or if those are actually because the companies follow through on the complaints. After all, if you're a huge company and you get may be 87 BBB complaints per year, that's not too many to settle in order to please the customer complaining with a refund, free stuff, etc.
    before you start spouting them off like they are some perfect agency.

When have I ever said that? Never. Read before you post please.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Arenanet gets an A+: http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/arenanet-in-bellevue-wa-22017235

Blizzard (Activision) is accredited: http://www.bbb.org/los-angeles/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/blizzard-entertainment-in-irvine-ca-13050668

No idea what they paid for those or if those are actually because the companies follow through on the complaints. After all, if you're a huge company and you get may be 87 BBB complaints per year, that's not too many to settle in order to please the customer complaining with a refund, free stuff, etc.

When have I ever said that? Never. Read before you post please.

Do you really only read one part of the entire post and respond to that? And no to get a decent rating they dont need to do anything but respond to the complaint and update the BBB site that they have responded to it. Other companies have decided to go the route of responding to complaints in other manners so they have a lower score.

Cryptic may have a F rating, but that does not mean they are a bad company which leads back to the BBB not being a source to go to when trying to look up the quality of a company or their product. The BBB is used for seeing how a company responds to complaints.

Now back on topic, does it matter if the packs are founders or not? No. It doesnt. You may feel like you lost out on some exclusivity, but you're not a special snowflake and this is a business practice that has happened before, will happen again and your *****ing wont change it.