test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BoP will bring me back to Neverwinter.

essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello guys I just wanted to show my love for the upcoming BoP update that I hear will be coming, I left Neverwinter a month ago mainly for the reason that I find it pathetic that you can buy gear from T1 and so on... I just wanted to make a thread that shows that not all of us hate the upcoming change, and that I'm very much looking forwards to it...

Also I have not been able to find the patch note where it says it, but I can easily hear on people that its happening :)
Post edited by essaidis on

Comments

• Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's nice to know. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    That's nice to know. Thanks for sharing.

Your very welcome, even tho I'm not totally sure if it was said sarcastic but I'll take it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback!

I'll miss selling some of my better gear drops...
    But the monty haul had to end haha. This will give players something to aim for and preserve some of the end game integrity. It sucks on so many levels but it has a big silver lining.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback!

But the monty haul had to end haha. This will give players something to aim for and preserve some of the end game integrity. It sucks on so many levels but it has a big silver lining.

I would like to suggest on top of a dungeon delve, maybe create a daily epic dungeon quest that awards you with a random class usable epic or a number of seal once per 24 hours. This way people have a choice to either wait for dungeon delve or could get together during off dungeon delve times to do a daily.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback!

What is the silver lining? That you will have more free time when you are out of a job?
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the cash shop in f2p games makes sure there is no such thing as end game integrity.

well it's great you decided come back,but i'm on my way out.i'll find another game that suits my needs,so no big deal.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    What is the silver lining? That you will have more free time when you are out of a job?

The silver lining is.. we get to play this game for many more years to come instead of it turning into a monty haul joke where everyone is clad in end game epic ?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    the cash shop in f2p games makes sure there is no such thing as end game integrity.

well it's great you decided come back,but i'm on my way out.i'll find another game that suits my needs,so no big deal.

The change made it so the end game rewards can't be purchased with real life currency so I'm really not sure why this change would make you leave?
  • Options
    deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    essaidis wrote: »
    Hello guys I just wanted to show my love for the upcoming BoP update that I hear will be coming, I left Neverwinter a month ago mainly for the reason that I find it pathetic that you can buy gear from T1 and so on... I just wanted to make a thread that shows that not all of us hate the upcoming change, and that I'm very much looking forwards to it...

Also I have not been able to find the patch note where it says it, but I can easily hear on people that its happening :)

yes bop is good but not bop can also be good!

also i think that auction house is not good, but... auction house can also be good!
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    essaidis wrote: »

Nice to hear!

Hopefully Cryptic continues the trend of making this game better for those of us that plan to stick around and play an honest game. Exploiters and cheaters WILL be denied.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Well, let us be frank. Perfect World Entertainment is a scurrilous company that will do whatever it takes to ensure profit. They have proven that time and time again. And, isn't that what this is all about? Protecting profits. Now, players who reach level 60 will have to stick around a bit longer before they get bored and--if PWE is lucky--spend a bit more cash on the game. Then, once all of the players who already have full sets of T2 gear are dominating PvP and Gauntlgrym, (Excuse the possible misspelling.) players who are barely hitting will be left with the short end of the stick.

Sooner or later, they will either have to grind for weeks or buy Zen. Which means what? You guessed it! More cash! :D Coincidentally, *Wink wink*, prices in the Zen Market have been cut and there is a promo that offers extra Zen. Isn't that just lovely?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
  • Options
    omgbee5omgbee5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BOP will make me leave Neverwinter. Kthanks.
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hear if you pick-up armor or weapon it binds, so I wont be able to sell armor or weapon at the ah. If I have already that armor or weapon that I picked up from drop ?, if that is so then how am I going to get more ad than I can. Taking away the need on armor and weapon you dont need ( red armor-weapon) was good, but binding on pick-up is stupid.

P.S.S I heard people say.

NEED--Binds on Pickup, you pressed need because you need it
    GREED--Bind on Equip, allowing items to be sold on AH.
    PASS--as normal you do not roll.

That is no good because if you find a rare or very rare armor etc, you need to stop check if you do need it and decide. Then you move on another rare or very rare armor etc, drops and everyone needs to stop again for the person or people. To see if they need it, so it will be like this every 4 or 5 fights during a dungeon. Waste of time so no this is no good, it has happened to me during a dungeon. We didnt stop we continued until we were done, then when I got back to enclave I checked the item. But this new thing about bind on pick-up this is what will happen, or everyone else will move on. While the person people stand there deciding if they need it, and if they should press need or greed. Waste of time so no this is not a good idea, the solution they changed it to was the one they already changed it too. Which is if the armor or weapon you cant use ( red armor-weapon ) you cant press need, that is the solution. But to bind on pick-up is stupid, stupid.

P.S.S.S But they wont change it now because cryptic is ignorant.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    omgbee5 wrote: »
    BOP will make me leave Neverwinter. Kthanks.

Why? you kill monster. you gain your loot.

What else can you ask for?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    U guys dont see the simple logic on why this update is so bad. It significantly reduces the chance of farming astral diamond. What does that mean? It means you have to put in more real cash to buy the items you need.

Secondly, it reduces the longevity of the game. There is absolutely "no" reason why ppl should continue doing dungeons or pvp after they get their gears, unless you think the daily 4k ad is significant enough for you to continue.

Sugar coating it into making it look like its good for players is just typical PWE bs. Its a step towards making the game pay to win, just wait and see.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

ME? nothing ^^ I already got ALL of my stuff.

BUT for ppl who don't have it.......let me fix your statement to reflect the REALITY of these changes.

you kill monster. you gain loot. you can't use loot/not in line with your build. you npc loot.
    you kill monster. it's not you're class. you can't gain loot.
    you kill monster. loot needed also by another person of same class. you have a 50% chance of gaining loot.
    You kill monster. ornament drops. you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting loot.

X the above by about a hundred(i'm being generous) perhaps in about a YEAR u will complete your set.
    OOPS! that is a YEAR for BLANK set without GOOD enchantments.
    OOPS! by the time u finished your set...theres ANOTHER set in new content....Rinse and repeat...FOREVER.

oh and did i mention in that YEAR you can forget about doing ANY pvp content cos u gonna get STEAMROLLED by ppl that ALREADY have your set that you're working hard for?
    Then you for the next 6 months after that u STILL get steamrolled cos u got no enchants worth a **** in your set.
    Then finally after about 1 and half year YOU ARE ON PAR!
    OOPS! no you're not, cos the ppl that ALREADY have the existing gear have started farming the new content, cos they are at the correct gear score/survivability/doability.

So ummm NEW PLAYER...sorry......You will NEVER be on par, u will ALWAYS be behind....unless every current player quits.

Thanks for playing neverwinter.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Its difficult to argue against this standard of reasoning.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

The ability to sell said loot to afford the expensive zen items I couldn't otherwise afford.

And if I already have the loot, then the situation is more like "Kill monster, get loot I don't need, decide there's no point to doing dungeons anymore. Sit around Protector's Enclave and talk about Game of Thrones for a few minutes before logging off".
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've got to stop using forums while waiting for PvP to start, I get afk-kicked every time. >.<

lol
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    People like the OP are not the ones I want to be playing with in MMOs. The 5% or less that really enjoy grindy, RNG infested asian style MMOs. I like to play lots of classes, see the game from different alts and that just won't be possible after the patch. Why would I buy more character slots since it will be near impossible to gear them for dungeons or other content.

Kill monster, pick up loot? As far as I know only 1-2 items ever drop from a boss. So what you have a 1/50 chance (or much worse) of getting an item you actually need to drop. Then what roll against however many people can "need" it to in your group?

Yeah not so much, kill loot. Kill, play lottery, pray to the Gods you get something for your time and pots in the dungeon....
  • Options
    farcentgillfarcentgill Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    np, doing more and more DD now and don't put the loot on the AH yet.
    wait after patch, and boom...
    no reason to do dungeons anymore after patch since already have full T2 sets, just do Gauntlgrym.
    new 60's with no T2 gears will get crushed hard or ready some insane amount of AD to buy the gears on AH later :p
    thanks neverwinter :D

(already have plenty of loots to be sold on AH after patch)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    People like the OP are not the ones I want to be playing with in MMOs. The 5% or less that really enjoy grindy, RNG infested asian style MMOs. I like to play lots of classes, see the game from different alts and that just won't be possible after the patch. Why would I buy more character slots since it will be near impossible to gear them for dungeons or other content.

Kill monster, pick up loot? As far as I know only 1-2 items ever drop from a boss. So what you have a 1/50 chance (or much worse) of getting an item you actually need to drop. Then what roll against however many people can "need" it to in your group?

Yeah not so much, kill loot. Kill, play lottery, pray to the Gods you get something for your time and pots in the dungeon....

You do know that your going against the op right?
  • Options
    lucangenehmlucangenehm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Hey

The AH will be dead, there will be no need to do T2 anymore for people who got everything, in fact, there is no need to do anything after this patch.
    + AD will be dead from this patch on, no one will buy Zen to purchase his Equipment via AH anymore, Good bye Casuals, and well, because theres nothing to do for me I will leave as well.
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    You do know that your going against the op right?

Yup read closely.
    People like the OP are not the ones I want to be playing with in MMOs.
  • Options
    tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If all the best gear is going to be BoP now, then they HAVE to set up a vendor that sells the gear for some form of currency obtained from doing the content itself. So eventually, players will be able to buy a piece of gear after consecutively getting denied by the RNG loot gods. This is how BoP gear works in virtually every other MMO. Players need a consolation prize for losing or else they get bitter and lose the motivation to keep trying. If they know they're at least going to get Seals from it that they can save up for gear, the sting of losing won't hurt as bad. I don't know if they already plan on doing this or not, but I hope it's something they consider before going through with this change.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tyr216 wrote: »
    If all the best gear is going to be BoP now, then they HAVE to set up a vendor that sells the gear for some form of currency obtained from doing the content itself. So eventually, players will be able to buy a piece of gear after consecutively getting denied by the RNG loot gods. This is how BoP gear works in virtually every other MMO. Players need a consolation prize for losing or else they get bitter and lose the motivation to keep trying. If they know they're at least going to get Seals from it that they can save up for gear, the sting of losing won't hurt as bad. I don't know if they already plan on doing this or not, but I hope it's something they consider before going through with this change.

Its not just a matter of not being able to get the loot after grinding like hell, its also about the game in the long haul where players have absolutely no reason whatsoever to continue playing the game after they have received the gears. Its a loose-loose situation for both the company and the players.
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    from a casual player, not interested in PVP , who hates dungeon grinds.
    I do a dungeon for a go but mostly, I'll just wipe the character and try something else.
    For the one wipe and go people, try some of the Rift dungeon bosses where repeat wipes of the entire groups are standard, as in a couple of hours just on a boss fight. Boy am I glad they were saved runs.
    The RNG hates me, I'm the person who can go through an entire high level dungeon run on WOW and get only grey stuff, yes vendor trash. While someone else tells me youcan get loads of stuff from dungeon runs.
    1 in 2 for need, great. 1 in 5 for greed. well it won't be me thatgets it.

With the time it takes me level(which would be shorter without cross game chats, RP and getting lost... repeatedly) I'm gonna be busy for months, just levelling.
    People coming in later not catching up, yep thats standard. That's what a wipe before Launch is for. To even things up a bit. Too bad we're not having it,
    *** let the flaming begin*(puts on asbestos suit)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    from a casual player, not interested in PVP , who hates dungeon grinds.
    I do a dungeon for a go but mostly, I'll just wipe the character and try something else.
    For the one wipe and go people, try some of the Rift dungeon bosses where repeat wipes of the entire groups are standard, as in a couple of hours just on a boss fight. Boy am I glad they were saved runs.
    The RNG hates me, I'm the person who can go through an entire high level dungeon run on WOW and get only grey stuff, yes vendor trash. While someone else tells me youcan get loads of stuff from dungeon runs.
    1 in 2 for need, great. 1 in 5 for greed. well it won't be me thatgets it.

With the time it takes me level(which would be shorter without cross game chats, RP and getting lost... repeatedly) I'm gonna be busy for months, just levelling.
    People coming in later not catching up, yep thats standard. That's what a wipe before Launch is for. To even things up a bit. Too bad we're not having it,
    *** let the flaming begin*(puts on asbestos suit)
    Its pretty tough for you to enjoy the game when u dislike both pvp and pve.