test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New loot changes really screw fighters over.

Comments

• pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because you really dont need it. This your first MMO? Need option are for equips that you will be USING/EQUIPPING, not because you just want to sell it coz you NEED AD. Greed option are for equips that you want to SELL/TRADE. If you want to make AD then you have to roll GREED in order for you to get the item on BoE. Loot system is broken right now, which is why everyone can practically NEED on something therefore eliminating the value of the GREED option.

This is dumb. You can't even tell if an item is better or worse than what you currently wear when the need/greed roll pops up, and if I roll need and it turns out it's inferior equipment, then I can't sell it on AH. What sense does this make? If your class can use the item, then you should be well within your rights to sell it if you want without worrying about other people rolling on it. Your suggestion is frankly stupid.

Maybe this idea would make sense if you could see the stats of an item before rolling, but you can't, so you can never be sure if you actually need an item or not.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • wafflebaronwafflebaron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    Here is why I hate the loot changes.
    Here is an example of why this blows and is a stupid idea.

Ancient weapon drop values from Castle Never:
    DC drop value 3 million AD
    CW drop value 2.5 million AD
    GWF drop value 1.25 million AD
    GF drop value .5 million AD
    TR drop 2.75 million AD
    So thanks a lot devs.....as a GF I now have no chance at a valuable item while rogues, clerics, and wizards get their valuable stuff with no competition. What a slap in the face.

We have an auction hall for a reason. This new system will just keep the already under utilized fighters even more broke. Now the clerics can GUARANTEE a 3 million AD item and I don't even get a shot at it. They don't need these items.....they just sell them on the auction hall just like I do.
    I make a habit of inspecting my teammates gear in dungeons and 99% of the time they already have better gear equipped then what they are 'needing'.
    What it's really about is the astral diamonds....and i'm pretty sure EVERYONE needs those.

So your that guy that rolls need on all my ****? Because you know exactly what I think is an upgrade? Yea thought so
  • elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    AD values in the auction house are based on supply and demand. With class balancing those numbers will likely even out.

I believe this is what will occur. Even so, if you're only argument against a balanced looting system concerns not being able to roll on everything to sell; that just sounds greedy not necessarily a balancing issue.
  • elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »

This is dumb. You can't even tell if an item is better or worse than what you currently wear when the need/greed roll pops up, and if I roll need and it turns out it's inferior equipment, then I can't sell it on AH. What sense does this make? If your class can use the item, then you should be well within your rights to sell it if you want without worrying about other people rolling on it. Your suggestion is frankly stupid.

Maybe this idea would make sense if you could see the stats of an item before rolling, but you can't, so you can never be sure if you actually need an item or not.

What?! Do your eyes magically break when loot pops up as well....boggle
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They should have just removed the need button from teh game.
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »

This obviously is your First MMO and i can't believe the whiner ****in ninjas are still crying about this. Get over it, EVERY other MMO out there is either personal loot system, or Class restricted NBG. Stop acting like this is some revolutionary thing that no one has ever done before and will destroy your playstyle or something. Which if you're one of those ******s that rolls need on every single thing that comes up for rolling, it will, but those people get put on my ignore list anyway, The self entitlement of some players is astounding. Too many people playing this game are playing their first MMO and have no idea what they are talking about.

Mouse over the fckin item before you roll on it. HEY LUK STATZ! ignorance and still thinking you have an opinion worth contributing, HILARIOUS
  • j0rdan99j0rdan99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nobody should complain, this is a good thing for me, i was frankly sick of doing runs, only for the entire party to need every single dc item dropped because it sells well. It took me 5 times as long to get my weapon than it should of, thanks to every class needing it to sell for a pretty profit.

I dont agree that if im the only dc, and i have the item, and it drops i should need it. I of course will greed it to give everybody a chance, just like i always have. Aslong as i get my gear im fine, but it was becoming a joke.
  • fenicusfenicus Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    I like what someone else said... make all "Need" rolls bind-on-pickup. If you're rolling Need, then you should be wearing it, and it solves the Need-roll-to-sell problem.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So Cryptic made the changes people are requesting and yet still whinning ?

I didn't request this. Needing an item you are not going to wear is still ninja-ing.
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know what I am doing to remain fair, yet not be tricked by ninja looters in some pugs? I always check the gear of people in my team, especially those playing class same as mine, to see what they truly need. Then if I see some smartass needing on stuff he already has or can't use then I act accordingly.
    Yep, that works just fine - reciprocity should indeed result in more optimal loot distribution in the face of potential needers.

In fact, your example supports my point that we all had the tools at their disposal to deal with "ninjas" on our own. However, rather than adjusting their dogma to the reality of the game, people opted to go crying to Cryptic to "fix" things - and, while it does the job to some degree, even in this thread there are people who think it should have gone farther.
    But until then I always play nice and honest. You can't justify needing on everything most of the time by the fact that somewhere there are some people who don't respect the rules, so you have to roll need on every epic just as a precaution. Then you are just being unfair to people who are fair to you.
    I see where you're coming from, but two points: 1) If one sells an item, it presumably goes to someone who can use it; and 2) if you grab something that isn't for your class, this game (unlike many others) gives you the ability to simply hand off the item to someone you think can use it better, including (and especially) a teammate. I say this because I've given away loot in games that had individual loot drops, and I wish I could have done so in games that had BoP if/when I accidentally hit the wrong button.

Again, we had the tools, but we as a community decided not to use them.
    lashes wrote: »
    I am going to try and reset this thread with a little bit of logic to attempt to explain why this change is being made. It is being made because it became necessary due to the meaning of "Need, Greed, and Pass" being lost on many in our wonderful player base.
    It's been lost on every wonderful player base since "Need/Greed/Pass" was created. You do realize that the system once was a "roll/pass" system, and developers added "need/greed" because people complained about ninjas "rolling" on off-class items? AFAICT, the devs who originated the system had no intent, other than to offer an alternative to corpse-looting. Every studio since has used it because players have gotten used to it (again, AFAICT).

In fact, this was one of the few games where it made sense if looked at sideways - considering that everything's BoE, that the main currency is AD, and that PWE makes money off people who buy AD via Zen, inequalities in loot distribution could be worked out via the auction house, and PWE would make some cash on the side. So if there was any intent other than tradition, the intent would seem to lean towards the system we had in place.

Think about it - Cryptic could easily have gone the BoP route, but they didn't. Why do you think that is, if their "intent" was to stop ninja looters?

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
    edited June 2013
    therealted wrote: »
    Yep, that works just fine - reciprocity should indeed result in more optimal loot distribution in the face of potential needers.

In fact, your example supports my point that we all had the tools at their disposal to deal with "ninjas" on our own. However, rather than adjusting their dogma to the reality of the game, people opted to go crying to Cryptic to "fix" things - and, while it does the job to some degree, even in this thread there are people who think it should have gone farther.

I see where you're coming from, but two points: 1) If one sells an item, it presumably goes to someone who can use it; and 2) if you grab something that isn't for your class, this game (unlike many others) gives you the ability to simply hand off the item to someone you think can use it better, including (and especially) a teammate. I say this because I've given away loot in games that had individual loot drops, and I wish I could have done so in games that had BoP if/when I accidentally hit the wrong button.

Again, we had the tools, but we as a community decided not to use them.

It's been lost on every wonderful player base since "Need/Greed/Pass" was created. You do realize that the system once was a "roll/pass" system, and developers added "need/greed" because people complained about ninjas "rolling" on off-class items? AFAICT, the devs who originated the system had no intent, other than to offer an alternative to corpse-looting. Every studio since has used it because players have gotten used to it (again, AFAICT).

In fact, this was one of the few games where it made sense if looked at sideways - considering that everything's BoE, that the main currency is AD, and that PWE makes money off people who buy AD via Zen, inequalities in loot distribution could be worked out via the auction house, and PWE would make some cash on the side. So if there was any intent other than tradition, the intent would seem to lean towards the system we had in place.

Think about it - Cryptic could easily have gone the BoP route, but they didn't. Why do you think that is, if their "intent" was to stop ninja looters?

So don't run any dungeons or anything, spend lots of money to get lots of AD buy all your gear from the AH then quit the game cause you're max geared by spending cash, apparently the only viable way to get the gear your need.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    pednick wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, you're crying because punks like you won't be able to ninja loot? Get a life.

Wow... my thread really took off and I see a lot of low IQ haters in here.
    My initial post makes perfect sense and many of you are to ignorant to grasp the concept of the situation.

To reiterate... A cleric in castle never who ALREADY HAS the full ancient set....do you think he won't hit need on that 3 million AD item?
    If you think he's going to hit greed you are a fool and i'm laughing inside knowing how you ignorant swine think the new system helps anything.
    The cleric will hit NEED even if he already has 8 of the same item in his bag. He will hit need everytime.
    And with the new system there is nothing you can do about it.

And for those of you also to ignorant to grasp i'll spell it again.
    The game runs on astral diamonds and not 'loot'
    EVERYONE NEEDS ASTRAL DIAMONDS.
    So are the ninja's the only ones with the intellect to grasp that concept? Judging by about 70% of the responses in here most of you just don't get it. So keep getting 'butt hurt' and i'll keep hitting 'need'.
    Also the idea of hitting 'need' causing the item to be bound....excellent idea! Perfect solution! KUDOS to you and I hope they implement it.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    There were lots of exploiters in Ultima Online. I think it's just a case of rose-colored glasses.

Maybe English isn't your native language, so I should give you a pass here, but that really isn't what I was saying. If there were no exploiters, why would I ever have needed to mention peer group pressure?

The charitable explanation is poor reading comprehension rather than straw man mendacity.
    edited June 2013
    My initial post makes perfect sense and many of you are to ignorant to grasp the concept of the situation.

To reiterate... A cleric in castle never who ALREADY HAS the full ancient set....do you think he won't hit need on that 3 million AD item?
    If you think he's going to hit greed you are a fool and i'm laughing inside knowing how you ignorant swine think the new system helps anything.
    The cleric will hit NEED even if he already has 8 of the same item in his bag. He will hit need everytime.

So are the ninja's the only ones with the intellect to grasp that concept? Judging by about 70% of the responses in here most of you just don't get it. So keep getting 'butt hurt' and i'll keep hitting 'need'.
    Also the idea of hitting 'need' causing the item to be bound....excellent idea! Perfect solution! KUDOS to you and I hope they implement it.

You're a clown. You're a greedy self entitled moron out for yourself and only yourself and believes that everyone else is only out for themselves. Are you pugging? Check your group out and see what they could actually use from the instance. If they need on something they don't actually need, kick em, warn em, ignore them, whatever. If they do, you ****in greed/pass on it. It isn't hard to comprehend common decency and logic. Clown shoe. Drown yourself please.

" i need money" was never in any MMO in the history of MMOs an acceptable excuse for Needing an item.
  • lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Your post does not change the fact that the developers implemented the "Need, Greed, and Pass" loot mechanic to mean exactly what it says. This is substantiated by the fact that it has now been changed so that it will help those exhibiting an inability to grasp its rather obvious meaning, into forcibly understanding that "Need, Greed and Pass" means exactly what it says.

It is pretty obvious that had the developers intended for everyone to roll on every item they would have simply implemented a single "Roll" button. This would have prevented any confusion and justified your preferred loot mechanic method. But they did not. They implemented a "Need, Greed, and Pass" loot mechanic, and they did so for a reason. Apparently, that reason was rather dubious to some so it has now been changed (dumbed down) so that it will be better understood, albeit forcibly, by the entire player base. Sad that it had to take something as simple as greying out a "need" button to force a certain portion of a player base into behaving civilly, but hey, whatever it takes, right?
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stop it with the bop it getting old fast and well not happen ever or if it does this game well die fast.

-feel like it the one-hit traps all over again -
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    low IQ haters in here.
    many of you are to ignorant
    you ignorant swine
    to ignorant to grasp
    keep getting 'butt hurt'

are you really trying to have an intelligent conversation with posts like this?

p.s. if you want to keep acting like you are smarter than everyone else, you might want to take the time to get a firm grasp on the english language.
    for instance, to and too are not the same word.
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    are you really trying to have an intelligent conversation with posts like this?

p.s. if you want to keep acting like you are smarter than everyone else, you might want to take the time to get a firm grasp on the english language.
    for instance, to and too are not the same word.
    Nope. I gave up after reading 15 pages of mostly rubbish. Thank god for a few users who have insight (not counting you Iifritz) in here you really are 1 in 10!

And good job catching my grammar error! Nothing gets by you I see! You're an internet hero!

also..
    BOP when hitting need FOR THE WIN!
    make sure they really need it heh heh heh...
    edited June 2013
    It doesn't matter if they need it or not if it best/fastest way to get the item so they can sell it they well.

When well someone of you lean this not the old days of Honor and be nice to your team and it every men(women) for them self unless it a pre-made team who agree to a term .
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
    edited June 2013
    BOP FOR THE WIN!
    That well kill the game fast. I hope you kidding though.
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    searching for tissue for OP :DDDDD

if theres a drop for my class i need it, i've earned it by clearing the dungeon so i can get it, stop crying or running with pugs, never had any issue with doing CN with fl / guild party, we shared the loot by class always and if 2cws and dcs can agree about it, why i shouldnt when im only one tr in the team

btw. stop moaning about being useless.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    You sound like an idiot. Nuff said.

I don't EVER pug I have plenty of friends and guildies to run with. We greed on all purples regardless of class. I still think the need system entitling some lucky class the right to take every purple that drops regardless if they need it or not just because it matches the class they play, is stupid.

There is no such thing as "ninja" in a system with BOE gear where every single person in the group has a chance to get a valuable drop.

Scenario 1: 1 DC in party for castle never. 3 purple DC items drop. Need system = dc just got 3 valuable purples, everyone else is **** out of luck.

Scnario 2: Same thing, on a roll/pass - hey look every single player got a chance to actually get something for the run.

If you want to keep NEED/GREED - then make it BOP on NEED if you want it to actually be a fair system.

or how about the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cleric not roll need unless he is gonna wear it?
    edited June 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    or how about the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cleric not roll need unless he is gonna wear it?

That would be Scenario 3: Purple DC item drops. DC is already wearing item. DC "greeds."

No doubt this scenario was conveniently ignored because it did not fit the argument.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well this is what happens in my groups.... if you are not gonna equip it you greed
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lashes wrote: »
    That would be Scenario 3: Purple DC item drops. DC is already wearing item. DC "greeds."

No doubt this scenario was conveniently ignored because it did not fit the argument.

Why would they even bother changing the loot rules then? Purple DC item drops. Only one DC in a group and he already has one. Everyone "greeds."
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Op is....

Are you serious man? Do you realize how many times I've had some TR jerk "Need" my Timeless Hero helmet and then skip out? Timeless helmets on mindflayer go for 1.5 to 1 Mill. If this system was in place I would've had my set finished already. Now you want to complain about not being able to roll on some cleric's gear to line your own pocket? Get real. All you are going to do is sell it to make money for youself, which is just as bad as all the PUGs that refuse to take GF's to CN or DV or T-2 in general right now, then get the loot and sell that to you on the AH.

Yeah the cleric gear is worth more, I get it, but so is the class. Enjoy the fact that your helmet is only 1.5 Mil at worse and not ..... 4-5 mill =) If you look at it this way you're actually making money ;)
  • razenoverazenove Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Despite the attitude, the OP does have a point. They're trying to make "need/greed" more aptly fit the terminology, but it still doesn't stop someone of that class rolling "need" when they don't actually have a use for it, other than selling for AD, which is surely the point of "greed."

If "need" is actually supposed to mean just that then there shouldn't be a problem making items Bound to Character once rolled. I mean, if they actually need it then they're going to equip it and bind it anyway, right?

And if we could rely on players in PuGs being honest and only rolling "need" when appropiate then we wouldn't need this upcoming change in the first place.
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    I honestly think the ONLY viable comprimise would be to have item be BoP as soon as you hit the need button. That really was a Brilliant idea. Those of you who are seriously arguing with the logic of OP need to re-evaluate you position in the argument. You must be a cleric and about to benefit greatly on needing items even if you already have them so that you can sell them. If you are seriously saying that someone in a pug being the only one in the group who is capable of needing on an item isnt going to need on it just because they already have it, you are lying to yourselves, i mean like literaly..decieving yourself.

How many people do you see getting out of a car parked in a handicapped spot (with that sticker) walk (completely normaly) to the front of the store? Maybe they have it because their spouse, or dependant (who isnt with them) qualifies. The point is, they dont need it, but they take it anyway because they CAN, no other reason. If you honestly believe it doesnt happen, im sorry, but you need to wake up to the real world and quit being so naive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Why would they even bother changing the loot rules then? Purple DC item drops. Only one DC in a group and he already has one. Everyone "greeds."

They are changing the loot rules because in your above scenario if the DC does not already have the item, only the DC would be able to "need" it and the "need" button would be greyed out for everyone else. Currently, this is not the case. If, however, the DC does have the item, then yes, everyone "greeds."

Now this is not to say that everyone will behave in this manner. As a matter of fact, there is little doubt in my mind that the same posters in this thread advocating for ninja looting will no doubt roll "need" on items they are already equipping. Not much one can do about those players besides kick them from the group if the group so decides. Personally, I don't care what happens with items I can not use. You see, I am not greedy. For me, this is just a matter of principle and respect. Will I "greed" items I can not use? Yes, I will. Do I care if greedy ninja looters "need" on an item even though they may be already equipping it? No I don't. They can have at it as far as I am concerned. It would not annoy me in the least because I could not use the item anyway and as long as there is no inconsideration or disrespect toward another player, then all we have is a greedy and inconsiderate player who could not help their shameful greed. And that would be that player's problem to deal with, not mine.
    edited June 2013
    razenove wrote: »
    Despite the attitude, the OP does have a point. They're trying to make "need/greed" more aptly fit the terminology, but it still doesn't stop someone of that class rolling "need" when they don't actually have a use for it, other than selling for AD, which is surely the point of "greed."

If "need" is actually supposed to mean just that then there shouldn't be a problem making items Bound to Character once rolled. I mean, if they actually need it then they're going to equip it and bind it anyway, right?

And if we could rely on players in PuGs being honest and only rolling "need" when appropiate then we wouldn't need this upcoming change in the first place.

I've read this from several posters in this thread and I just don't get the mentality. The main issue that I have with ninja looters, is their selfish disrespect and inconsideration for their group mates when they "need" on an item one of their group mates can clearly use. Why do you care who wins an item you can not use? The issue is in the disrespect, discourtesy and lack of consideration exhibited when you "need" on an item you can not use, yet are acutely aware that you are depriving a fellow player, and group member, from having that item simply because you want to sell it.

To simply ninja "need" loot an item you can not use, while all the while harboring no guilt what so ever over the fact that you just deprived another player that can use the item, is mind boggling to me. Are you totally bereft of even an ounce of sportsmanship, courtesy or respect for you fellow players that you can not see the issue at hand here?

I don't know. Maybe it's me. Maybe I am just cut from a different mold.