test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would hate a full wipe, I have spent too much time playing the content twice already since i lost my char from closed beta, so leveling another 2 toons again would be a nightmare.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    ghentor wrote: »
    70% Support wipe .. PWE Wake up

^
    this!

/10chars
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    vennissavennissa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want a poll that's more informative than 2 bars that mean nothing, it should be asked in-game and be mandatory to answer.

Most people that play games don't know about these forums or don't care about these forums.

Forums attract only people that have questions or people that want to complain to nobody in particular.

So the only information the poll in this state gives us is that the ratio of whiners to people with questions is about 70/30 on this forum.
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dblackse wrote: »
    Those are all reasons why a wipe won't fix future problems....And that's a slippery slope logical fallacy

Given the severity and magnitude of the recent one(s) a wipe is worthy of consideration, and IMHO would be a good thing.

Ban the accounts of the exploiters, search the system for what their AD/ZEN was spent on and remove it. To punish 100% of the players for the actions of a very few is the logical fallacy.

And, if THAT is not good enough for you, demand a new shard and re-roll on it.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the problem with this poll is that full wipe does seem like the right answer, but it just wasnt necessary. They got a good handle on it, and have already taken care of business. Now they are going after a very minute percentage from a few days ago, which they feel they can do with the game live.

99% what you hear on the internet about this bug/exploit was/is complete fallacy, regurgitated.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    tuckerboy001tuckerboy001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban the accounts of the exploiters, search the system for what their AD/ZEN was spent on and remove it. To punish 100% of the players for the actions of a very few is the logical fallacy.

And, if THAT is not good enough for you, demand a new shard and re-roll on it.

Im willing to restart on a new shard. Wipe all i have gotten until now, but give me my investmensts(Zen/Founderpacks) back on this new server.
  • Options
    f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Up up up up ! up up !
  • Options
    f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013

Anyway Neverwinter it's just a passageway before the beta of Wildstar and TESO.
    Now thanks I can leave properly this bad game. 1.5/10 for the game
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    luther8 wrote: »
    I would hate a full wipe, I have spent too much time playing the content twice already since i lost my char from closed beta, so leveling another 2 toons again would be a nightmare.

Hate the game much?
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The roll back did nothing, the amount of cat trading going on right now proves that. Please wipe the servers for a clean slate with out the T2 exploits and AH exploits tainting the market.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    shmizookashmizooka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support wiping all characters, with these caveats:

- Foundry submissions would not be wiped.
    - Folks who bought Hero of the North should get a token to autolevel a character some exp levels and crafting levels -- proportionate to the # of headstart days they got.
    - Starting AD and Zen purchased via cash shop refunded.
  • Options
    soselicsoselic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a founder and a player that spends money in game, I no longer can have faith in the economy unless a server wipe is implemented. You can always take the servers down, refund zen in game, fix the bugs and do a live launch with new headstart dates. Sure the wipe would suck, but its better than having players not trust the economy of the game. How can we be sure all the 100s of millions per exploiter of AD exploited is removed from the game?
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Empty all the equipment and currency only.

I'm not playing through that linear content again.
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would have supported a full wipe. And yes, all Zen either reimbursed or refunded (for purchases) and founders get their AD.

As for those who 'worked hard' for their AD/Zen...You worked hard for it once, it won't kill you to work 'hard' for it again. The only way I can see you being upset over it is that you can no longer taike advantage of easy foundry leveling/exploiting that resulted in no bans being handed out, but you got to keep your stuff.

Again, you did it once, and on a full wipe, you could do it again. It's hard to get upset if you started with nothing and thenworked hard for your stuff, and had to do it again. This time, it will be easier, since you KNOW what you are doing. The only possible reason for being upset is that you took advantage of some minor exploits that didn't get the ban hammers and would no longer be able to reproduce the 'hard work' you supposedly claim.

But they didn't full on wipe, and it still doesn't concern me. Even losing my ardent coins. I plan to play this game until such a time as 1) ESO comes out, or 2) Cryptic proves that I should no longer be playing this game.

That is all.
  • Options
    malagarrmalagarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game has only been out a couple of weeks and, for the most part, it has been in a more playable state than many MMOs are at launch.

That said, the exploits, if they are all real and can be confirmed by Cryptic, are a concern. And I would be all for a full wipe, putting us all back at square one.
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chintae wrote: »
    I would have supported a full wipe. And yes, all Zen either reimbursed or refunded (for purchases) and founders get their AD.

As for those who 'worked hard' for their AD/Zen...You worked hard for it once, it won't kill you to work 'hard' for it again.

Doing it once was fun. Being forced to do it twice is the opposite of fun. This isn't that complex or challenging a game. It's a simple linear story of no great depth. Like a Forgotten Realms book it's entertaining enough to read once. Doing it twice will bore the **** out of me. This is not rocket-surgery levels of insight.
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the problem with this poll is that full wipe does seem like the right answer, but it just wasnt necessary. They got a good handle on it, and have already taken care of business. Now they are going after a very minute percentage from a few days ago, which they feel they can do with the game live.

99% what you hear on the internet about this bug/exploit was/is complete fallacy, regurgitated.

So if you think that this poll means nothing, why doesn't Cryptic/PWE make a survey for everyone, upon launching the game to see what the 'testers' really think?
    Ask the testers if they want a wipe or for example how much money they intend to spend on the Zen store next month.

This is open beta and there are no surveys!
    It might be that you haven't thought to put any or you didn't care, but believe me you will if the testers stop paying to test.
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    blodvaerdblodvaerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy fix after wipe. No more player to player astral diamond or zen selling. You can only buy Zen from PW and you can only sell Atral Diamonds to Pw.
    Ezreq "Bluddwolf" Blodvaerd
    Master The UnNamed Company
    http://unnamedcompany.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    sargon6sargon6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe.
  • Options
    xxiquinnxxiquinn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe
  • Options
    forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The servers went down on me just as I hit 58 on my first character. I have 4 characters with high level Leadership, and all sorts of time invested. Even with all the time I put in, I still support a full wipe. Without a full wipe, honest players will never have confidence in the game's economy. This exploit, and many others (GF and CW 1-shotting stuff, farming end-game content since day 1 or 2 basically), have totally destroyed the integrity of the game, and any further time spent on it will be with the knowledge that this isn't a game to take 'seriously' (as seriously as one could take a game).

I like this game a lot, and would hate to see it fall into the 'casual-at-best' catagory. A full wipe would restore the economy, restore faith in PWE's ability and desire to take corrective action (if a bit late), and hopefully teach *some* exploiters not to waste their time. A full wipe is the only way to be totally sure all traces of shenanigans have been removed. As a Guardian, I don't even mind about losing head-start status (though I realize I speak only for myself here).
  • Options
    deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full Wipe - no

New server where existing accounts can not log onto - Yes.

Game is beyond repair atm tho. As much as I liked it... Im not spending time and effort (not mentioning money) into a game that rolls back my work as a honest player trying to play the game.

Talking about some "Thankyou pack" coming in one week is even worse. They have nothing that can roll back the hours I played yesterday.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    The only way to fix this is a full wipe.
  • Options
    chinoduro169chinoduro169 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ Full Wipe. Square and Fair
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I will lose my guild and members who would likely quit the game.But having looked at all the views from both sides, a full wipe is needed.
  • Options
    evkolevkol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like wipes
  • Options
    cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    instead of a wipe (which I would support)

Give players an option to forfeit all their existing characters and stuff, to have their zen refunded and to start from scratch on a new server where only new characters can be rolled.

That way players who play legitimately can get away from the ****ed up economy resulting from these abuses.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No full wipe. It'd kill the game.

Economies can recover, once the exploits are fixed, and the rollback heals a good bit of the troubles.

I'd MAYBE support an item/money wipe, but I don't think even that is needed.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    furushufurushu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe. Not wiping will kill the game.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i do not support a full wipe.
This discussion has been closed.