Options

Full wipe remarks

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    relshar wrote: »
    Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?

Yes.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ I suggest you read it. Open Beta is not a head start.

the section called FOUNDER'S PACKS AND BETA INFORMATION which it start of open beta, so Headstart mean the start of open beta, wipe for all closed beta characters. nothing unusual here
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?

Yes.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ I suggest you read it. Open Beta is not a head start.

Yeah as said there was a character wipe between Beta Weekend 4 (not sure on the date) and Open Beta. The official date of Open Beta for everyone was 30-Apr. Founders got early access which was called "Headstart". This began on 25-Apr for HotN and 27(28?)-Apr for Guardians. So yeah.. The wipe that references has already happened.
  • Options
    zealotomegazealotomega Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ARE YOU F***ING INSANE! A full wipe? I've spent money on things that are not redeemable if we get a wipe you FOOL, and we will not be reimbursed. Now if you willing to pay me back for all my things then by all means wipe, but otherwise then no wipe.
  • Options
    highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    How many of the people here saying no wipe has ever been through at least 3 MMOS that had wipes, Ive been in many over the past 15 years alphas, betas, even private mmorpgs its for the better when a large majority of the players have screwed up the launch.

Is it your selfish side that doesnt want a wipe ? Why do players believe that they have "worked hard" for what they have I mean cmon really we are all mostly Veteran mmo players (with the exception of some fanbase who never played an mmo) by now the game has not been in open beta long enough to even come close to saying "we worked hard".

This is not work, this is play. We work hard and play harder this game needs a wipe.

ps; I spent money on this game aswell so what, grow up you work too right ?
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I cant understand why u babies crying for a wipe - I have a DC with BiS items (event the CN set as we have it on easymode ~1h farmstatus) and ofc. millions of AD. I have invested 50 bucks for the founder pack, and wont spend any money again. Why should I want a wipe? The people, crying for a wipe, are just loosers or jealous or both. Sorry, but its the truth.

You are pro or no_ob - thats life. A wipe wont help u getting a better player. A wipe wont help u getting more AD in the end, because in fact you are not able to deal with the AH and make money out of it nor are u successful / skillfull enough to clear and farm the PvE content to make AD out of the items u can sell.
  • Options
    czarnykogutczarnykogut Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its soo funny to see that even after they "pretend" to fix exploits most just understand they are f**** by them for their money and dont give a heck about community :)))

Sorry but not for a reason PWE has now worst opinion through gaming community even worse then EA ...
  • Options
    ftweroticftwerotic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i dont understand why people are attacking the players that want a wipe out?you think we didnt spend much time on this game?its actually the oposite we spend soooo much time and with no exploiting of foundry AD etc that we feel that our effort is wasted when you used to see people go 1->60 in 3 days killing ogres or you see the recent crazy farming exploits.well i have a TR lvl 60 full geared,a GF 60 but not T2 gear on him yet and several other chars and i still want a wipe just because i see players playing less than me and through cheating they earn 10x what i earn.but most important is than pwe must find barriers to protect the game from exploiters.the only games ive seen HUGE exploits are raiderz and this game clearly pwe do something wrong.so at least should use their games beta to find where is the problem or i see another raiderz comming
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    I hope not (for the wipe part) because then all my efforts to get 500 Zen through pure gameplay would be wasted.
    500full.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ARE YOU F***ING INSANE! A full wipe? I've spent money on things that are not redeemable if we get a wipe you FOOL, and we will not be reimbursed. Now if you willing to pay me back for all my things then by all means wipe, but otherwise then no wipe.

I trust you read PWE's Terms of Service before you agreed to play this Beta? You didn't???:eek: Ok, here is their Beta paragraph.

Beta Games are provided for testing on an "as is", "as available" basis and we make no warranty to you of any kind, express or implied. You understand and agree that playing Beta Games is at your own risk, that you know that the Beta Games may include known or unknown bugs, and that PWE has no obligations to you with respect to Beta Games, including without limitation any obligation to provide such games to you in the future at no charge.
    When playing some Beta Games, you may accumulate treasure, experience points, equipment, or other value or status indicators within the Beta test. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to novice status.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The forum community doesn't represent the whole game community, so just listening to the forums won't do, about this whole wipe nonsense.
    As well as others mentioned in this thread all ready, cheaters/exploiters will stay around and find other ways to do what they do, just have to think of it as this, with every single update they do there are possible exploits/bugs within it that can be taken advantage of. So what are we meant to now have a wipe after every single update? O - o

Maybe listening to the forum community does not represent everyone who is just here to play a launched game..However,every opinion that matters in a BETA TEST can be found right here. If you are not using the forums you are not a BETA TESTER.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    50_epic_super_nerd_photos_16_20090723_14526049042.jpg
    oxiaction wrote: »
    I cant understand why u babies crying for a wipe - I have a DC with BiS items (event the CN set as we have it on easymode ~1h farmstatus) and ofc. millions of AD. I have invested 50 bucks for the founder pack, and wont spend any money again. Why should I want a wipe? The people, crying for a wipe, are just loosers or jealous or both. Sorry, but its the truth.

You are pro or no_ob - thats life. A wipe wont help u getting a better player. A wipe wont help u getting more AD in the end, because in fact you are not able to deal with the AH and make money out of it nor are u successful / skillfull enough to clear and farm the PvE content to make AD out of the items u can sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    ftwerotic wrote: »
    i see players playing less than me and through cheating they earn 10x what i earn

so here we go - exactly what I said! The ppl. crying are jealous.
    Why dont u just report those "people" if they are "cheating"? Maybe they arent? Maybe they are better then u? Maybe they are more online then u? Maybe (OMG COULD THIS BEEEEE??) they have more luck then u?

And they earn 10x more then u? Not 11x or 9x? Wooow thats really faaaaast.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why dont u just report those "people" if they are "cheating"? Maybe they arent? Maybe they are better then u? Maybe they are more online then u? Maybe (OMG COULD THIS BEEEEE??) they have more luck then u?

I know right, that post you replied to was almost as arbitrary and dismissible as the stuff you have been posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is it your selfish side that doesnt want a wipe ? Why do players believe that they have "worked hard" for what they have I mean cmon really we are all mostly Veteran mmo players (with the exception of some fanbase who never played an mmo) by now the game has not been in open beta long enough to even come close to saying "we worked hard".

Yeah we're the selfish ones.. We're not the ones asking for something that Cryptic has said over and over, and since before OB even started, they wont be doing.
  • Options
    terrorgr2terrorgr2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

luck on what?enchantments?farming 1000 enchantments while i farm 50?seems like luck to you?i ofc report bots or people that created exploited foundies.are you a 12 year old kid?or just trolling?if i was jealous i will be exploiting when the ad glitch spead in chat but i didnt and thats why im not banned now.if you mean im jealous cause i want a fair game without exploiting or gaining huge advantage without playing then yes i am.if a person gain advantage by cash shop or by being a better player than me then kudos to him thats a fair way.10x was an examle.you just went full reta.rded there :(

edit:clockwerkninja i am still laughing every time i see the pic you uploaded xD
  • Options
    mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe this game and 40% of people will just leave. ANd have fun then
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't care either way, a full wipe won't fix the existing bugs and exploits. Until they are resolved, a wipe is a band aid on a bullet wound.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    terrorgr2 wrote: »
    luck on what?enchantments?farming 1000 enchantments while i farm 50?seems like luck to you?i ofc report bots or people that created exploited foundies.are you a 12 year old kid?or just trolling?if i was jealous i will be exploiting when the ad glitch spead in chat but i didnt and thats why im not banned now.if you mean im jealous cause i want a fair game without exploiting or gaining huge advantage without playing then yes i am.if a person gain advantage by cash shop or by being a better player than me then kudos to him thats a fair way.10x was an examle.you just went full reta.rded there :(

edit:clockwerkninja i am still laughing every time i see the pic you uploaded xD

OK. So first: No I m not trolling.
    But I try to open your (and many others) eyes, as u guys feel disadvantaged.
    I didnt exploit anythinig and still have 12 mio AD - I only play every evening (OK last week i was sick, couldnt work - so there was a lot more playtime) for about 5 hours.

Do you think this is a accident? So - now u jealous. U say "omg dat dude has BiS everywhere and 12 mio. AD - I will report him cuz he must be exploiting".

Sure - there were ppl. exploiting, having 100mio AD or what. But they got BANNED. So why still bother with the subject "wipe". It wont help u getting better ingame. It wont help u getting more AD. Why do you think theres the option for ppl. dont understanding the AH economy for BUYING (for real money) ZEN to buy them stuff? Ye - because there are actually ppl. who are needing this to get gear and who are doing it. And THESE ppl. are now complaining and saying they wanna have a wipe, because they could get "rich" (wouldnt even call 12 mio rich) in the golden times, where no one was farming CN and stuff went out for 4-5 mio. each piece. U realized that. And now u want a piece of that cake. But the train is gone. There wont be a wipe. U have to buy ZEN if u cant handle it otherwise.

And no - im no 12 year old kid - im 25 fyi
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many of the people here saying no wipe has ever been through at least 3 MMOS that had wipes, Ive been in many over the past 15 years alphas, betas, even private mmorpgs its for the better when a large majority of the players have screwed up the launch.

This is not work, this is play. We work hard and play harder this game needs a wipe.

ps; I spent money on this game aswell so what, grow up you work too right ?
    How many of those were unannounced? Every game I've tested that had an open beta wipe clearly set that expectation at the outset.
    Maybe listening to the forum community does not represent everyone who is just here to play a launched game..However,every opinion that matters in a BETA TEST can be found right here. If you are not using the forums you are not a BETA TESTER.

Total rubbish. A lot of people in Alpha and Beta simply used the in game feedback tool and the surveys to communicate. There was a forum post asking why more testers didn't communicate directly through the forums and the hostility and forum pvp were cited as reasons why they didn't use this avenue to state their opinion.

When you're in charge then you get to decide who is a tester and who isn't, what opinions matter, and how testing will be conducted. Until then you're just some other poster with an opinion. That is, you don't get to decide squat about the rest of us.

Make a more welcoming environment where opposing opinions are free to be made without being jumped on and maybe more will join in and give them.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ftwerotic wrote: »
    i will set examples of open beta wipes for the most recent major games:marvel heroes,wizardry,ragnarock 2(i can pm you tons more i just send you the most recent not few years but this year so you can google and prove me right)also most open betas are up for around 15 days now.idk what ob have you played but it isnt recent game.if the community wants a wipe.your arguments are all invalid.let players have the power to control the game they play and not help the cheaters destroy a beautifull game even if it costs time cause in one way or another a lot of these 1,6k players will ragequit an unfair game

"Cheaters destroy a beautiful game" What have the cheaters done? Our economy is wonderful. Astral Diamonds gain more value every single day rather than go down in value. Learn basic Economics. Also this thread was started during Caturday and many people said "Yes" as a knee jerk reaction to not believing that PWE would fix the problem, which they did. All I read from you was "I don't understand economy. I don't understand economy. It's complicated and I really don't understand economy"

We get it. You don't understand economy and it's very clear. We are not seeing inflation. We are seeing deflation. This is a good thing. Epics are cheap? Yeah, supply and demand explains exactly why they're cheap.
  • Options
    kezzar1kezzar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they wont wipe
    the reason is simple
    they will likely lose over 30-40% playerbase if they do.
    Most people who are in favor are people who played and experimented with most of the game. These people will enjoy the challenge of starting over fresh.
    the newer people who still dont get the impact of the economy issues will simply not want to start over.

BUT
    the biggest reason they wont wipe is...even if they were to wipe and bite the bullet, its likely that another exploit will screw the economy a few weeks later...then what? wipe again? and again? untill you have 100 players left?

its just not a good business model.

rather, they should invest money in locating all corrupted money from the servers and wipe that. This would mean that perhaps some honest players would lose money or items but for the most part, the dishonest players would lose the money and account bans. With the glitches corrected, you try to work on being better at prevention and a lot better at quick action when such a glitch is exploited.
  • Options
    dynamicdyanmitedynamicdyanmite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    kezzar1 wrote: »
    they wont wipe
    the reason is simple
    they will likely lose over 30-40% playerbase if they do.
    Most people who are in favor are people who played and experimented with most of the game. These people will enjoy the challenge of starting over fresh.
    the newer people who still dont get the impact of the economy issues will simply not want to start over.

BUT
    the biggest reason they wont wipe is...even if they were to wipe and bite the bullet, its likely that another exploit will screw the economy a few weeks later...then what? wipe again? and again? untill you have 100 players left?

its just not a good business model.

rather, they should invest money in locating all corrupted money from the servers and wipe that. This would mean that perhaps some honest players would lose money or items but for the most part, the dishonest players would lose the money and account bans. With the glitches corrected, you try to work on being better at prevention and a lot better at quick action when such a glitch is exploited.

Stop necroing this thread, people.
  • Options
    relsharrelshar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game is in open beta says so on the front page. Means there will be a wipe when the game is released. As for Zen and founders pack they should be reset is PWE has any kind of credibility to their name. Zen earned though gameplay though don't expect it back as there is no money trace.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Game is in open beta says so on the front page. Means there will be a wipe when the game is released.

Actually it doesn't mean that. If you're able to read what it says on the front page then you can also do a little more reading to find out they stated no wipes once open beta began.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you to all who contributed to this poll!

It was good to know that a wipe would have been ok by the majority of the forum community if it was necessary. Thankfully, Cryptic spent the time to do it right, and caught the culprits and took the proper actions.

A wipe was, and still is completely unnecessary, due to the expedient work by Cryptic engineers. Good work folks!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.