test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    mance7mance7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe is an over the top excuse for some, and a terrible idea for almost everyone else. Of all the stupid knee jerk, the sky is falling, idiotic ideas. This folks takes the cake. Total garbage. A wipe will not change anything the damage is done. But more importantly the damage is so trivial to consider a wipe simply makes you moronic to the extreme. Just close the this and other stupid threads like this. I've seen much bigger game breaking economy bugs over the years. And NONE of them resulted in a wipe. In 7 days time the trolls and doom sayers will have moved on to the next 'My life means nothing without conflict' dribble. This poll is very biased. As the only ones here voting are the ones not in game. Which is about only 95% of the rest of the community.

Some of you didn't take an arrow to the knee, you took one right to the dam temple. Preventing you from not only adventuring anymore, but seeing a forest through the trees.
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freyarh wrote: »
    This is the one chance they have in the first place. They're in beta, **** happens. It seems like they're choosing to not take this issue seriously, jeopardizing long term play in what is supposed to be a testing phase.

What makes you think they planned on this MMO bring in money beyond 6-12 months and longer? The way they do business would indicate other wise. I can only find one business model similar to what they are doing and it shows that this product has a short term shelf life...what I cant understand is why go through all the trouble if they knew all this was going to happen.
  • Options
    mustgofartmustgofart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe it, that is all exploits have taken a tole already. Granted I say let them finish the beta before the wipe but wipe it before release. (Yes refund zen etc to those who bought it and let them start with it on their new chars) Foundry I would hope they could save it too.
    20.jpg
  • Options
    mustgofartmustgofart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mance7 wrote: »
    A full wipe is an over the top excuse for some, and a terrible idea for almost everyone else. Of all the stupid knee jerk, the sky is falling, idiotic ideas. This folks takes the cake. Total garbage. A wipe will not change anything the damage is done. But more importantly the damage is so trivial to consider a wipe simply makes you moronic to the extreme. Just close the this and other stupid threads like this. I've seen much bigger game breaking economy bugs over the years. And NONE of them resulted in a wipe. In 7 days time the trolls and doom sayers will have moved on to the next 'My life means nothing without conflict' dribble. This poll is very biased. As the only ones here voting and the ones not in game. Which is about 95% of the rest of the community.

Some of you didn't take an arrow to the knee, you took one right to the dam temple. Preventing you from not only adventuring anymore, but seeing a forest through the trees.

The damage is done, but I don't want to play a damage product the wipe logically would come after the fix and hopefully pwe would test better or address them quicker. Otherwise it isn't worth my time.
    20.jpg
  • Options
    chirakuchiraku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe in an open beta that sounds silly to me.

I know for a fact that most of the players that votes yes, are pissed off and wont continue at all.
    If this game is getting a full wipe in the Open beta this game will be dead.

We must be happy that we had a small roll back to fix the most damage, i for a fact wont start over again if it would come to a full wipe.
    Better games are just around the corner, so a full wipe would kill this game as we are not sure that there wont be any new bugs that will have the same impact as this one had in the near future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud founder of the guild :
    The Gaylords Of Middle Earth
    Have a f@ggoty day
  • Options
    dementia2009dementia2009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dead sure if you say so lawl.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teethx wrote: »
    wow almost %70 of people want this but the refuse to fix the problem as we see it, they rather screw us and take our money while doing it gg. Not spending any more money in this game sorry I would be dumb to do so.

70% of the people who bothered to vote. That doesn't equate to 70% of the people.

That's your math lesson for the day.
  • Options
    mance7mance7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mustgofart wrote: »
    The damage is done, but I don't want to play a damage product the wipe logically would come after the fix and hopefully pwe would test better or address them quicker. Otherwise it isn't worth my time.

Give me a break. Damaged product. Theres the door. In case your wondering. PWE and Cryptic are victims here as well. You all need to get off your high horses. Every single time in every single game an exploit is found. You and your ilk are right there demanding full wipes. Doesn't matter if its beta, or 3 years in. From the same minds that bring your ZERO TOLERANCE policies. More like where too inept to think beyond what the masters say. Every single, "I want a wipe" could uninstall and quit, and hundreds more will take their places. The game is free. With a population of 6 billion and growing. To even think you or anyone else can claim it 'dead' or beyond repair are at the height of human arrogance.
  • Options
    qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    A wipe will not change anything the damage is done. But more importantly the damage is so trivial to consider a wipe simply makes you moronic to the extreme.

Hate to call you out on this one seeing how you used the words moronic and extreme in the same sentence ....

A wipe will not change anything the damage is done.
    A wipe would actually reverse all of the damage done ... that's ..umm... a fact. Of course, not the damage done to all of their players... or sorry, umm. ... testers.. err.. paytesters...
    But more importantly the damage is so trivial to consider a wipe simply makes you moronic to the extreme.

Even though I call BS on the stage in general, it's very common to experience wipes in BETA. Well, that is for real BETA phases conducted by competent professionals. In fact not expecting a wipe in BETA is moronic to the extreme ... IMO
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    70% of the people who bothered to vote. That doesn't equate to 70% of the people.

That's your math lesson for the day.

And your lesson is assuming that I meant %70 of all people, which i never said...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    qualexious wrote: »
    Hate to call you out on this one seeing how you used the words moronic and extreme in the same sentence ....

A wipe would actually reverse all of the damage done ... that's ..umm... a fact. Of course, not the damage done to all of their players... or sorry, umm. ... testers.. err.. paytesters...

Even though I call BS on the stage in general, it's very common to experience wipes in BETA. Well, that is for real BETA phases conducted by competent professionals. In fact not expecting a wipe in BETA is moronic to the extreme ... IMO

You need to read. No where is the word 'Extreme' in that sentence. Hate to call your moronic response out.

blah blah blah. Cry more. Quick I think I hear someone else yelling fire over on another forum.

Quick Batman! I think those professionals might need your help. Sorry before you go, can I get your gaming companies name? Don't have one? Well, but you just said.... never mind. I'm sure your just BLOWING SMOKE OUT OF YOUR A@)#($&@#)$(@.

Thought so.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And your lesson is assuming that I meant %70 of all people, which i never said...

I never used the word 'all'. So your next lesson is don't assume.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Give me a break. Damaged product. Theres the door. In case your wondering. PWE and Cryptic are victims here as well. You all need to get off your high horses. Every single time in every single game an exploit is found. You and your ilk are right there demanding full wipes. Doesn't matter if its beta, or 3 years in. From the same minds that bring your ZERO TOLERANCE policies. More like where too inept to think beyond what the masters say. Every single, "I want a wipe" could uninstall and quit, and hundreds more will take their places. The game is free. With a population of 6 billion and growing. To even think you or anyone else can claim it 'dead' or beyond repair are at the height of human arrogance.

Yawn, it always turns into, You are sooo stupid arguement like from Dexter's lab...

Rambling off the topic talking about zero tolerance policies, high horses, how exploits should be allowed now and 3 years from now, why I should stay and just stfu, something about the band the Doors, S&M, and how 6 billion people play this game every day, Zombie Economics Lessons and more will join as the few of us who want a wipe will leave.

Where does one sign up for a Zombie Economics Class?
    20.jpg
  • Options
    qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    You need to read. No where is the word 'Extreme' in that sentence. Hate to call your moronic response out.

blah blah blah. Cry more. Quick I think I hear someone else yelling fire over on another forum.

Quick Batman! I think those professionals might need your help. Sorry before you go, can I get your gaming companies name? Don't have one? Well, but you just said.... never mind. I'm sure your just BLOWING SMOKE OUT OF YOUR A@)#($&@#)$(@.

Thought so.....

I quoted your post. Feel free to read it again.

I'll help you out.
    You wrote.
    a wipe simply makes you moronic to the extreme
    Extreme ... in the sentence... ******bag
    So stop throwing a tantrum.
  • Options
    simondominicsimondominic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe maass
    If Dev decided to wipe, they better have rewards for people who spend their most leisure money in this game.
    + founders pack 5 early access.
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My rationale for why I supported a full wipe.

The exploiters had multiple accounts on which they laundered their AD/Zen. Accounts that may or may not be traceable. All that exploited AD is still out there, and can still infect the economy when it starts circulating again, once the exploiters feel the heat has cooled off. This will bring about another devastating impact to the economy. Since this has supposedly been going on since day one, tracking ALL of these explotive accounts will prove to be impossible. Hence why I supported a full wipe.

By wiping all accounts and characters and items, then you could be sure to get these alt accounts that was hoarding the exploitive AD and the economy would start anew and Cryptic could closely monitor the situation and make sure that no new exploits cropped up. As it is, the roll back (which kinda disgusted me) was a bandaid on a laceration and the damage is still done, and still in game. The exploiters are just not playing their hand atm, because everyone is still watching, waiting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I never used the word 'all'. So your next lesson is don't assume.

You defiantly imply it, try to have this conversations with me and you will lose.

Back to on subject those that did vote took the time to vote and showed they care enough of the game to save it. Those that didnt more then likely dont read the forums or dont have time for the forums. If this is what the majority wants then PW should give them just that. If it ends up not working out for them then they did what was right both by the people investing their time and money and those that work for the companies them self. The intentions of this company are coming more and more clear to me, make a quick buck then move on to the next project to make a quick buck their also leaving people crying and whining about something that will never change.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You defiantly imply it, try to have this conversations with me and you will lose.

Oh no I will lose a conversation on the internets! Is that supposed to scare me or something? Point is your assertion was faulty. Case closed!

The "no more wipes" was clearly stipulated before Open Beta began. Not sure why that's a hard concept to understand. If that made anyone nervous they should have asked for a refund at that time. Are they going to wipe characters every time another exploit comes up?
  • Options
    yurateiyuratei Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013

Back to on subject those that did vote took the time to vote and showed they care enough of the game to save it. Those that didnt more then likely dont read the forums or dont have time for the forums. If this is what the majority wants then PW should give them just that. If it ends up not working out for them then they did what was right both by the people investing their time and money and those that work for the companies them self. The intentions of this company are coming more and more clear to me, make a quick buck then move on to the next project to make a quick buck their also leaving people crying and whining about something that will never change.

How on earth can you (or anyone, not just you specifically) determine what the majority want when you yourself admit that those that didn't vote likely don't read the forums or don't have time for the forums? The truth of the matter is that there is no way to tell what they want, and as has been stated in numerous posts, the people who voted or post or even just read these forums are by no means an accurate representation of the majority of the players.
  • Options
    phreskophresko Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, That would be killing patient to cure the disease, and it wouldn't cure it anyway.
  • Options
    xxiquinnxxiquinn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need a wipe!
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The wipe contingent continues to dominate the debate. The no wipers, smell kinda funny and come back with a half hearted "Derp, we dun wanna grin du xpz Agin"

Cryptic remains silent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The wipe contingent continues to dominate the debate. The no wipers, smell kinda funny and come back with a half hearted "Derp, we dun wanna grin du xpz Agin"

Cryptic remains silent.

The answer was no. This was started because of yesterday's incident. They made the decision very early not to wipe and they didn't wipe. There is no reason to wipe.
  • Options
    rouillardrouillard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a complete wipe, or a server for fresh start.

unfortunately - a complete wipe would lose too much revenue for Cryptic, and managing a second server for a length of time was never in their plans.

so - we're pretty much stuck with the 'broken' economy and those of us that invested into the game with real money (which, I assume, is how F2P games continue their development and support - similar to the LoL model) should just write off the loss and move on, because I don't know that any number of votes or polls will actually influence them to change their minds.
  • Options
    xxiquinnxxiquinn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phresko wrote: »
    The answer was no. This was started because of yesterday's incident. They made the decision very early not to wipe and they didn't wipe. There is no reason to wipe.

There is no reason? How about these ones:

"1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket."

Found this. I did not write this. However it's reason enough why we need a full wipe!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If people are unhappy with having a max level character or profs. they are more then welcome to delete their own characters. :)
  • Options
    beringtomberingtom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Would like to see a new server, without the AH until the bug is fixed, then the cheaters can stay in one spot, and the rest of us can start over at another server :)
  • Options
    shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    You know what all you that want a wipe are entitled to your opinion, but doesn't men Cryptic has to listen to it. They have people that crunch the numbers for them and decide what is best for their company. At the end of the day all gaming companies are companies, and therefore are trying to make profit. I don't want a wipe for selfish reason, but if they wiped I would stay. Personally the thing that is annoying is people trying to say if Cryptic doesn't do what they want the game will die. I remember STO launch and all the whiners there saying the game would be dead in a year. STO is still here and launch a big content patch tonight. So, just because the company doesn't agree with what you think is best for the game, doesn't mean the game is going to die. Get over yourselves. Your opinion is known now stop crying and suck it up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Cryptic remains silent.

lol how have they remained silent? They have said over and over "no wipe". It's not that Cryptic is silent it's that The Wipers refuse to listen and accept the answer. So who's derping now...
  • Options
    redrvka1134redrvka1134 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i support a full wipe. the AD eploit has been going on since day one of open beta. Just imagine if we got a wipe. All the prices in the AH would be so much more reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.