What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    absynthe7absynthe7 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There isn't going to be a full wipe. Lots of people would quit if there was. End of story.

While we're at it: if you weren't complaining about the economy last week, you don't get to complain about it now. If you're angry about a thing, and then that thing gets fixed, you don't deserve to be taken seriously when you then say "ACTUALLY I was mad about all these other things that never bothered me before!!!1one". Maybe you should trust your actual in-game experience over the hysterical rage-fueled howls of internet people.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly how long was Closed Beta? This is important to what my answer will be.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ghentor wrote: »
    70% Support wipe .. PWE Wake up

False. A large proportion of the folks on forums support a wipe because... well, I don't actually know. It was because of all the AD people had made out of nothing nuking the economy, but now it's because of... reasons. Reasons that, oddly enough, didn't necessitate a wipe before the weekend, but do now.
  • Options
    blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People have been complaining about the exploit and the market issues because of it from day one.,, fact that the devs did nothing about it and let it tank the value of astral diamonds shows it was all planned to make zen more desirable to fork over real money for,,and that in itself is criminal
    absynthe7 wrote: »
    False. A large proportion of the folks on forums support a wipe because... well, I don't actually know. It was because of all the AD people had made out of nothing nuking the economy, but now it's because of... reasons. Reasons that, oddly enough, didn't necessitate a wipe before the weekend, but do now.
  • Options
    gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bind everything to current owner and delete AD's over 300k from the characters. Of course there will be great loss but better than server wide wipe and will solve AH exploit and overwhelming number of items due to one shot bug...
  • Options
    forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The 'reasons' are because the AD bug didn't start yesterday; most people only JUST FOUND OUT about it yesterday. Having no REAL, CONFIRMED knowledge of the extent of the damage prior to Sunday, the only way to restore integrity to the economy is with a full wipe. The rest of the stuff is just extra; additional reasons why the economy is fubar.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    People have been complaining about the exploit and the market issues because of it from day one.,, fact that the devs did nothing about it and let it tank the value of astral diamonds shows it was all planned to make zen more desirable to fork over real money for,,and that in itself is criminal

No, that is mental illness talking. You don't get to create conspiracies out of thin air and rely on them as fact. That is what psychological disorders look like.
  • Options
    lastmoatlastmoat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic & Perfect World wont do it. What they could do instead is open a brand new server.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The 'reasons' are because the AD bug didn't start yesterday; most people only JUST FOUND OUT about it yesterday. Having no REAL, CONFIRMED knowledge of the extent of the damage prior to Sunday, the only way to restore integrity to the economy is with a full wipe. The rest of the stuff is just extra; additional reasons why the economy is fubar.

Did you log in on Sunday? If you honestly feel there is no difference between the economy when the exploit went public and the economy prior to that, then you are remarkably gullible at best. It's not that the damage wasn't known until Sunday, it's that the damage didn't exist until Sunday.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Inventory wipe only.

Reset your currency to 0, but gold based on level (level 60 is 40 gold) and equipment to uncommon (green) items at your level.

The problem is unrelated to level/story progression so that part should not be reset.
  • Options
    forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you log in on Sunday? If you honestly feel there is no difference between the economy when the exploit went public and the economy prior to that, then you are remarkably gullible at best. It's not that the damage wasn't known until Sunday, it's that the damage didn't exist until Sunday.

I played all day Sunday in fact, until the server went down (quite suddenly!). I even checked the AH (looking for some Man-at-Arms) and saw some negative value auctions. Didn't think much of it, to be honest, and moved on. Of COURSE there's a difference between the economy Sunday and prior; Sunday is when the damage was WIDESPREAD. To say that "the damage didn't exist until Sunday" is absolutely false, and completely naive. The economy has been a disaster since the first week, and after Sunday its just a COMPLETE, OBVIOUS disaster. People had hundreds of millions of AD BEFORE Sunday, from the lovely exploits that allowed them to faceroll all content. So a rollback of 7 hours or whatever it is solved only the most RECENT damage, not ALL or even most of it.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played all day Sunday in fact, until the server went down (quite suddenly!). I even checked the AH (looking for some Man-at-Arms) and saw some negative value auctions. Didn't think much of it, to be honest, and moved on. Of COURSE there's a difference between the economy Sunday and prior; Sunday is when the damage was WIDESPREAD. To say that "the damage didn't exist until Sunday" is absolutely false, and completely naive. The economy has been a disaster since the first week, and after Sunday its just a COMPLETE, OBVIOUS disaster. People had hundreds of millions of AD BEFORE Sunday, from the lovely exploits that allowed them to faceroll all content. So a rollback of 7 hours or whatever it is solved only the most RECENT damage, not ALL or even most of it.

It's funny, because I was in the AH Saturday, looking for odds and ends pieces of gear, and didn't see any negative bids. Now, I was only looking for things I could use, and for the boots I'd crafted so I'd have an idea what to list them for. I hit the AH Sunday to check my listing price because I thought there was a discrepancy in what I listed and what I got for the one set of boots that did sell, and I still didn't see any negative bids. I was oblivious to the exploit until I came to the forums, after the game had been taken down. In other words, despite the common claim that every single player is affected, I wasn't. The amount of AD I received from the boots I crafted and sold was consistent to what I should have received after the sink. I lost more to the rollback than I did to the exploit, and to some, I didn't lose enough, since they want to wipe everything I've done.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    epitekepitek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipes please. Foundry powerlevel, GF 1 shotting boss and AH exploit since day 1 = really bad start and nothing will bring a good economy except a full wipe.
  • Options
    n0ut4j4n0ut4j4 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow if i was working for PWE, id be pretty much horrified right now. Seems that only a third of the community wants to keep playing the game as it is, corrupted and ruined. 2/3 of the community is ready to sacrifice everything in order to keep the game legit.

This is an Epic Failure, the worst I have ever witnessed. Absolutely ridiculous. Grow some balls PWE and fix this situation.
  • Options
    chinoduro169chinoduro169 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe the server and restart anew!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    n0ut4j4 wrote: »
    Wow if i was working for PWE, id be pretty much horrified right now. Seems that only a third of the community wants to keep playing the game as it is, corrupted and ruined. 2/3 of the community is ready to sacrifice everything in order to keep the game legit.

Or maybe some people didn't bother voting on a pointless poll. I know I didn't. And there's only ~1650 votes total or so. I seriously doubt that's an accurate representation of the community as a whole.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

It didn't occur to you that there was a reason cats were a currency all of a sudden, when that had never happened before? Coalescent wards had been 150k apiece since I first started playing a couple of weeks ago, a price that had remained constant-ish until I last checked on Friday. Then, on Sunday, they were 6 million. To claim that the rollback couldn't get rid of "most of" the damage is willfully ignorant at best. You "know" things that aren't true, because you prefer those things to reality. You are being an idiot on purpose, then are demanding to be told how smart you are because of it.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Or maybe some people didn't bother voting on a pointless poll. I know I didn't. And there's only ~1650 votes total or so. I seriously doubt that's an accurate representation of the community as a whole.

Especially when we were assured by cryptic early one that a full was not going to happen.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    jobistonejobistone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    n0ut4j4 wrote: »

This is an Epic Failure, the worst I have ever witnessed. Absolutely ridiculous. Grow some balls PWE and fix this situation.

Only 2/3 of the forum community, ingame everyone else is playing and having fun.

+1 for No wipe
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering the roll back didn't unlevel my cleric this isn't fixing anything.

It started last night at like midnight PST when I was leveling from 42-46.

Zen exchange was exploding and someone buying millions of zen at 500, went on for awhile.

So this game's economy is legit screwed and it doesn't seem like Cryptic really cares, which they should since this really hurts their income.
  • Options
    kysifkysif Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really don't want to level my toons again, but I also don't want to be behind the curve solely due to the fact that I didn't cheat.

I'd support a wipe if it put everyone on a level playing field again, but not to just appease the angry kids who are mad that they didn't figure out the exploit earlier or spent their Zen all willy-nilly and want to start over with a better idea of how to spend it.
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    9E868Oe.jpg
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has already said that they are not going to have a wipe between Open Beta and release so why are you posting this poll of nonsense? I support Cryptic's position of no wipes!
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    burleyxiii wrote: »
    9E868Oe.jpg

omg. post of the week.
  • Options
    beil86beil86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Cryptic has already said that they are not going to have a wipe between Open Beta and release so why are you posting this poll of nonsense? I support Cryptic's position of no wipes!

this sums up everything.

They promised no wipe so people would feel safe investing time and money into the game, wiping now breaks that promise and its called fruad.

Most people can go to banks/CC companys and tell them and those companys will do charge backs costing them more then just players but money as well.

So anyone who thinks they will do anything more then a roll back and deluding themselfs.
  • Options
    uhivrauhivra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I asked for a wipe OR a new shard that wont be merged with the crippled economy. Dont see why this would be a problem. People who want a wipe get one and the ones who dont mind the economy can play like they used to
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's a problem because they already have plans to merge everything to one server. Adding more servers just complicates that.
  • Options
    darkvalor78darkvalor78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I definitely support a full wipe as long as I get my Zen and Founder's AD returned. Leveling is easy in this game anyway, but the economy needs to be fixed to be fair to those of us that have spent a lot of cash on the game, Zen, etc.
  • Options
    startedloststartedlost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe. I do not feel I can be on even-footing in this game for a significant amount of time due to what has happened.

Wipe it all.

This is coming from someone who has been playing almost all of OB and has amassed quite a bit, legitimately. I still feel extremely far behind some of the other individuals I have met who have benefited from all of this exploiting.
  • Options
    shmizookashmizooka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uhivra wrote: »
    I asked for a wipe OR a new shard that wont be merged with the crippled economy. Dont see why this would be a problem. People who want a wipe get one and the ones who dont mind the economy can play like they used to
    I agree.
    rapticor wrote: »
    It's a problem because they already have plans to merge everything to one server. Adding more servers just complicates that.
    Sorry, but this seems like an uninformed, fanboi kind of statement. They are running multiple servers now... certainly they have the tech, hardware, operations and experience to run multiple servers. BREAKING THEIR PROMISE not to wipe... that's complicated, for sure. Maybe thorny from a legal point of view.

Running a second server... meh. It's not free, but breaking faith with the folks who've spent the most $$$ on the game (the most vocal supporters of wipes) is far from "free" for their income model.

/2cents
This discussion has been closed.