test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I the only person that actually likes this game?

brustlebrustle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously, I look around at the threads and I am just dumbfounded. I realize that it is traditional to throw a fit and act like a little child when you play an MMO, but this community takes it to a whole new level. Some of the craziness:

"No new race or class *waaaaah*" game has been out for a single month. you're an idiot.

"WoW... (insert ridiculousness here)..." when wow opened, it had nothing, not even a single battle ground. I could fill about 20 pages with the problems wow had but hey, you know what? wow is still open, so go play that game if you love it so much.

"TR, CW, GWF, GF, DC are overpowered, please nerf them to bring them in line with the other classes". This seems to be about half of what people say in-game/in chat. I've heard people say things like "damage is overpowered, and so is mitigation".... *boggles*

"PVP sucks". I enjoy the pvp. Am I the only one? There need to be more modes, capture the flag etc, but over-all I've had a lot of fun.

The game has been out for a single month. Like, one month. And Cryptic has been, from what I can see, pretty absurdly responsive to the community complaints. and that's probably what worries me, cuz I've got a feeling you people will complain about nonsense. You've got concerns? You want some changes? You want new content? Fine. But try to have a tiny bit of perspective.
Post edited by brustle on

Comments

• Options
    ranlinerranliner Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they are not contented thats why :D
  • Options
    kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    No. I like the game!
    I will post on things i dont like/miss though. Free feedback!
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's the 3/30 rule from basic marketing. When you have a positive experience you will tell an average of 3 people, but when you have a negative experience you will tell an average of 30 people. "Bad news travels fast" is a more succinct way of putting it. :)

Those of us who are enjoying the game don't want to waste time battling all the nay-sayers since in most cases it just doesn't matter. Sometimes they raise good points, other times it is just complaining without anything useful or actionable behind it.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like the game. I just dislike most of the people playing it.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »

Hah!

I like the game too.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's lots of people that like this game. Most of them do not post on the forums.

Even fewer of those, like myself, actually post things because they would like them fixed, or added because acidic communities don't scare them. We're like battle hardened veterans :P

Then there's everyone else. They don't -really- like the game. Maybe they want to, and they think that their asinine ideas would make the game tolerable so they could like it. Because they don't want to go back to WoW, or whatever other acidic community they came from. Why? Because they don't like that game either. In fact, there aren't any other games that they like either. That's why they are here. For now.

So, my advice to you, and anyone else who reads this post that actually likes this game. Sift through the bullkitten, endorse things that actually make sense to you, post your own ideas, and just do your best to ignore the insane ones because there isn't much you can do about them.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like pizzamurai.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    alienslofalienslof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I for one am glad to see this topic. I'm really enjoying this game, and considering that it's so new, it's remarkably stable. Yes, it has its faults, but what game doesn't, especially one still in production? It's also free, which allowed me to play it and decide whether or not I liked it, before spending a bean. I played the first two Neverwinter games, usually on my LAN with friends, and those same friends are playing this one with me again.

I was hoping to see the new race/class, but it's not going to spoil anything for me. I'm patient, I can wait.

This is a great game, coming to fill in the void left from another MMO I'd lost interest in. Best of all, it satisfies an old-school D&Der's nostalgia!
    A dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!

Lolth be praised!
  • Options
    linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    love the game.

love the combat.

love the world.
  • Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013

Something along the line of this. I like the game; I stay away from the baddies.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually not only like but LOVE.........the Foundry :D
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like the game, but it needs improvement and I will continue giving feedback.

While some people might go about in a less than tactful manner, they are generally only posting because they care and want to see this game improve, for everyone's benefit. Don't be so quick to label them all "whiners".
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brustle wrote: »
    Seriously, I look around at the threads and I am just dumbfounded. I realize that it is traditional to throw a fit and act like a little child when you play an MMO, but this community takes it to a whole new level. Some of the craziness:

"No new race or class *waaaaah*" game has been out for a single month. you're an idiot.

"WoW... (insert ridiculousness here)..." when wow opened, it had nothing, not even a single battle ground. I could fill about 20 pages with the problems wow had but hey, you know what? wow is still open, so go play that game if you love it so much.

"TR, CW, GWF, GF, DC are overpowered, please nerf them to bring them in line with the other classes". This seems to be about half of what people say in-game/in chat. I've heard people say things like "damage is overpowered, and so is mitigation".... *boggles*

"PVP sucks". I enjoy the pvp. Am I the only one? There need to be more modes, capture the flag etc, but over-all I've had a lot of fun.

The game has been out for a single month. Like, one month. And Cryptic has been, from what I can see, pretty absurdly responsive to the community complaints. and that's probably what worries me, cuz I've got a feeling you people will complain about nonsense. You've got concerns? You want some changes? You want new content? Fine. But try to have a tiny bit of perspective.

No, theres at least 14 others who like it too, no reason to feel alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    azisienazisien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm new to Neverwinter so I have three important questions:

1) Will it be getting some form of optional Steam integration? (I prefer this. It would be good exposure to be honest, I did not try Star Trek Online until it came to Steam).

2) Was there a full character wipe after the beta? Clean slate? (An answer of no to this question probably means I'm not that interested in the game, sadly)

3) How would you compare this game to D&D Online? (I enjoyed it in its own time, but too outdated for me now)

I would have made my own thread for this but the forum restricts such.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the game. Sure there could be improvements here and there. Every game can use those.

But I like the game the way it is. I think alot of people want to game to be something its not is part of the whining.
    And then theres people that ONLY pay attention to the bad.

In my posts I made, I gave constructive criticism, and not once can it be viewed as bashing the game. Its quite clear I enjoy it.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    There are good points and bad points in this game. I like this game otherwise I wouldn't be here.
  • Options
    reeferdtrinireeferdtrini Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really like this game from off the bat has been interesting, the feeling of belonging and a better sense of actually doing pvp was welcomed. coming from playing d3 which was all random que system and o guilds and a super inflated ah/economy this game has been my cup of coffee.

coming from gw2 which also was fun to level to 60 then was up in the air as to what to do or to bored and disconnected from ppl in the game and guild. only thing I wish pwe took was the extra xp points going to some use other than lvling your pet.

lastly the moderators. developers and other involved with this game actually respond to person's and even some say exactly how they feel about certain game design's that might be implemented, I was really surprised at the actual post from the team saying the bop patch was put on hold due to the feed back. that for sure made me feel like I invested my time energy and real money into a product with person who generally care for the growth of the game.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People that are enjoying a game are more likely to be playing the game than to be posting on the forums. People that don't enjoy a game are more likely to be posting negative thoughts on the forums than spending time in the game. That's just how it works on the internet.

I enjoy the game. :)
  • Options
    deremuderemu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love the game, wish they would release Drow and Ranger/Druid class already however. We need another healer (Druid).

The biggest problem I see is people saying , "THIS GAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH D&D WAT IS A DRIZZT?" even though there are a TON of things D&D based in this game, for example your daily skill is something in the D&D board game. Ignorance is just a large portion of every gaming community, the only people complaining are most likely of this generation of kids who eblieve every game should be 3D and better than the last greatest game. Kids these days are bored by things too easily because they didn't have the fun **** we had and they just expect too much.

Get some intelligence and patience before playing a good *** game is my advice to the raging 10 year olds.
  • Options
    pilfropilfro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I only come here to express things I am not happy with- But that's more to pass the time. Everyone I know who picked up this game because it was free has sunk money into it. My core group of friends who went from UO to SWG to Wow to DDO to TOR to GW2 are playing and we all love it. Its the perfect blend of a lot of things. Only thing I wish was possible was some sandbox and more of an open big world. But then I understand why it isnt that way. Game rocks. Its in my top three right now.
  • Options
    waazzowaazzo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    haha love it.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its not so much the 10 year olds, but the 30+ year olds (like myself) who hoped/expected that NW would be at least a spiritual sucessor of NWN1 or NWN2 and are dissapointed by the single-weapon/single-armor-type D&D 4.0+Boardgame ruleset that makes the game look and feel very generic.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    duty01duty01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deremu wrote: »
    I love the game, wish they would release Drow and Ranger/Druid class already however. We need another healer (Druid).

In D&D 4e, Druids aren't healers, they're controllers like Wizards, with some striker capabilities. Bards, Warlords, or Shamans would be the next healer class.

For reference:

4e Role List

Defenders - Defenders specialize in party protection and personal toughness.
    Battleminds - Controller secondary. Psionic power source. Very versatile. Sticky. Well rounded.
    Fighters - Striker secondary. Martial power source. Can do tremendous damage for a defender. "Stickiest."
    Paladins - Leader secondary. Divine power source. Most support/healing of all defenders. Heaviest armor.
    Swordmages - Striker/Controller secondary. Arcane power source. Most mobile defenders. Long range for a defender.
    Wardens - No real secondary. Primal power source. Toughest defenders. Extremely difficult to kill.

Leaders - Leaders specialize in party support, especially healing.
    Ardents - Not sure secondary. Psionic power source. Best out of combat support. Haven't played with them much so comments are welcome.
    Artificer - Striker, Controller secondary. Arcane power source. Supports using trinkets and the material resources of the party.
    Bards - Striker, Controller or no secondary. Arcane power source. Best social skills in the game. Extremely versatile in builds. Can even rival clerics in healing potential with the right build.
    Clerics - Controller/defender secondary. Divine power source. Best healing in the game, period.
    Runepriest - Defender secondary. Divine power source. Kind of a hybrid between leader and melee combatant.
    Shamans - Controller secondary. Primal power source. Lots of protective buffs and other tactical advantages.
    Warlords - Defender secondary. Martial power source. Positioning masters. Very mobile. Plays chess with the players on the field. Works well with rogues and fighters.

Strikers - Strikers specialize in high damage, especially to one target.
    Assassins - No secondary. Dark power source (unique). Mostly melee. Classic stealthy, kill 'em before they expect it gameplay.
    Avenger - No secondary. Divine power source. Melee. Highest accuracy in the game. Almost never misses. Very very sticky to one target. Never gives up on that one target!
    Barbarians - Defender secondary. Primal power source. Melee. Defender-level toughness and big axe crits.
    Monks - Controller secondary. Psionic power source. Melee. Specializes in extreme mobility and melee AoE damage.
    Rangers - No secondary. Martial power source. Ranged. Bow/crossbow + pet. Highest known damage in 4e.
    Rogues - No secondary. Martial power source. Mostly melee. Positional and stealth-based gameplay. Extreme burst damage. Highly valuable utility.
    Sorcerers - Controller secondary. Arcane power source. Ranged. Incredible AoE damage. Just piles it on.
    Warlocks - No secondary. Arcane power source. Ranged. Lots of damage over time options. High defenses for a striker include invisibility and teleportation.

Controllers - Controllers specialize in AoE damage and/or skills that temporarily remove monsters from combat.
    Druids - Striker secondary. Primal power source. Both. Can shift to various animal forms to gain more toughness or damage. Controls with rooting vines and the like.
    Invoker - Leader secondary. Divine power source. Ranged. Safest controller: doesn't damage allies with AoE spells. Lots of secondary buffs to the party.
    Psions - No secondary. Psionic power source. Ranged. Think Professor X. Moves and repositions and controls enemies with the power of their mind.
    Seeker - Striker secondary. Primal power source. Ranged. A petless ranger that does control instead. Extremely long range. Good single target powers for a controller.
    Wizards - No secondary. Arcane power source. Ranged. Classic magic user. Has the most weird, creatively used utility spells in the game.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes... Yes you are...

/cricket chirp
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Its not so much the 10 year olds, but the 30+ year olds (like myself) who hoped/expected that NW would be at least a spiritual sucessor of NWN1 or NWN2 and are dissapointed by the single-weapon/single-armor-type D&D 4.0+Boardgame ruleset that makes the game look and feel very generic.

This guy say what i also think. However: its a free game with tons of other fun things to see and do!
    It might not be as good as NWN 1 was (and that will probably take a long time for any game) and its not oldschool DnD 3.5 or before, but the world is beatifully made, the gameplay is smooth and there is a lot of potential in the foundry.
  • Options
    aenedoraenedor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like it, I am levelling through the single player quest line, just hit 59 in Hotenow, all free so far, not spent a penny, it got tough somewhere between 35 and 45 but I just quested over multiple zones, Mr Boring in Protectors Enclave always seems to have a new link quest for me when I roll by.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i love the game, willbe my main MMO for now :) will continue playing and i found a guild yesterday for end game ocntent :D
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    zoner01zoner01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm enjoying this game very much, play everyday, can't get enough of it :)
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the game. Alot of people JUST come to the forum to express a problem. Happy people say nothing..unhappy tell 10 people. Many raced thru lvls, skipped content, avoided parts to get best gear then complain there is zippo to do. The game is in its infancy. Heck I left Rift a long time ago as there was nothing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    azisien wrote: »
    I'm new to Neverwinter so I have three important questions:

1) Will it be getting some form of optional Steam integration? (I prefer this. It would be good exposure to be honest, I did not try Star Trek Online until it came to Steam).

2) Was there a full character wipe after the beta? Clean slate? (An answer of no to this question probably means I'm not that interested in the game, sadly)

3) How would you compare this game to D&D Online? (I enjoyed it in its own time, but too outdated for me now)

I would have made my own thread for this but the forum restricts such.

1) That's up for the Devs to decide, and as far as I know they haven't mentioned whether it will or won't.

2) It wasn't a real beta, it was a clever marketting ruse - everyone that pre-ordered even got their headstart. There won't be any wipes, so no.
    If that kills your interest in the game, so be it - but then you might as well stay away from every MMO that is more than a month old.

3) In case you still stuck around despite number two being a no, they both have their strengths and weaknesses.
    Though Neverwinter's combat system is far more fun and engaging IMO.
    Artificer.jpg