What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

Comments

• Options
    uberoverpoweruberoverpower Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where does that caster Ioun stone comes from?
  • Options
    montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    I was told there used to be upgrade tokens in closed beta to upgrade the basic companions to higher tiers so they can actually level past 15

what happened to those?
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    corpunt wrote: »
    How do you "box" or unbind your companion after having leveled it?

Can someone please tell us how to do this? Thanks. :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    jessejsmith12345jessejsmith12345 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do u get a mount?
  • Options
    xarra1972xarra1972 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone please tell us how to do this? Thanks. :cool:

I don't think you actually can at the moment, much like the companion scrolls to get them beyond level 15. Maybe when the game actually gets "released" we may see these options.
  • Options
    tumussstumusss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this really helpful!
    Its just you said you can give your companion gear such as rings and stuff, mine only has 3 slots unlocked and the same abilities but a second skin?
  • Options
    airsykoairsyko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    What's the best striker pet to level with tank?
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Did we get the blue stone back?

To answer my own question, yes we did! It's 2000 Zen and augments your character with its own stats. At rank 1 it has +10 to Power, Recovery, and Critical Strike.
  • Options
    xevvxevv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    To answer my own question, yes we did! It's 2000 Zen and augments your character with its own stats. At rank 1 it has +10 to Power, Recovery, and Critical Strike.

So probably the same total amount of stats as a cat just split over 3 stats instead of 2.

And the icon instead of a belt.
  • Options
    muzikfogmuzikfog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    airsyko wrote: »
    What's the best striker pet to level with tank?
    From what I've tested on some of the Striker pets it seems that the Dog is the only one that actually has a damage increase and has a bit of its power/crit influence working.
    I have about 450 power on my Sellsword, and she does 25-39 dmg, on my Dog I have about 300 and he does 235-450 (crit included). I dont know if the Striker from PvP or that Zen shop one is working tho, others seem to influence only the Cooldown, gonna try out the Wizard today.
  • Options
    tallisitallisi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have two questions...

1. How usefull is a level 30 pet when you are level 60?

2. Is there a way to getthe purple pets higher then 30?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xarra1972 wrote: »
    I don't think you actually can at the moment, much like the companion scrolls to get them beyond level 15. Maybe when the game actually gets "released" we may see these options.

Is there any way to transfer a companion from one of my characters to another?

jessejsmith12345:
    You have to be at least level 20 to get a mount. Not sure where you get them from. I have my spider so I never had to go look for one. Sorry.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tallisi wrote: »
    I have two questions...

1. How usefull is a level 30 pet when you are level 60?

Depends on what pet. If you have a cat or stone pet with passives its sinply a great statincrease, the tankgolum from the store a lvl 30 is a great tank and easily can tank lvl 60s and striker pets dont have great damage but just see it as bonus damage andsome have stuns/conditions making them quite handy.
    Do not look at the companions levels.. Its like the difference bewteen a dog and its owners age.
    A companion lvl 30 can be treated as an lvl 60.

2. Is there a way to getthe purple pets higher then 30?
    Atm not and i think (just my view on pets) they wont increase the petlevel untill the max playerlevel gets increased to.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to transfer a companion from one of my characters to another?

jessejsmith12345:
    You have to be at least level 20 to get a mount. Not sure where you get them from. I have my spider so I never had to go look for one. Sorry.

Atm its kind of weird. You should be able to trade companions with characters by unbinding them, drag them from the idle inventory to the grouns and it will ask for unbind...
    However the unbinding doesnt work, so i think they need to fix/add that before being able to do that

Be sure to look if it says unbinding or discarding cause i did see a free player accidentally discard his newly regained companion just after he got it, by accident ofcourse.
    Did give him 2 gold to get a new one, found it so sad.
    .. And at least he wasnt spamming on the zonechat so he was worth it XD

• Options
    jaguar74jaguar74 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many companions I can spawn at one time to folow me?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jaguar74 wrote: »
    How many companions I can spawn at one time to folow me?

1, though there are glitches/bugs that visually can create more then one .. just ignore those :P

• Options
    edited May 2013
    1, though there are glitches/bugs that visually can create more then one .. just ignore those :P

I hoped I could spawn all my active companions, not just one at a time?
  • Options
    solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hoped I could spawn all my active companions, not just one at a time?

Not likely to happen; things can get pretty broken if for example, we could simultaneously spawn both a cat and ioun stone (or multiples of either one).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    solthusx2 wrote: »
    Not likely to happen; things can get pretty broken if for example, we could simultaneously spawn both a cat and ioun stone (or multiples of either one).

In other games you can, without any problems.
  • Options
    ehgriezaehgrieza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question...

I am a GF and am looking for a good pet. I have the lvl 30 founders wolf right now with lots of crit/power boosts and an epic rune that does a bleed. I also have the cleric. I came across these runes that give me a % of my companions stats...are they even worth it? I was thinking of buying pure recovery gear/defense gear and putting it on pet then stacking the rune slots with those runes to gain max %. Would that be a good idea or would it be better just to buy the golem (planned on anyway cuz he is cool looking) and just deck him out to help me tank epic dungeons.
    Dragon Shard
    Ethica - 60 - Human Guardian Fighter
    Ehgrieza - 40 - Halfling Trickster Rogue
    Windowpane - 30 - Tiefling Control Wizard
  • Options
    guero5guero5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In other games you can, without any problems.

But in those other games do those companions fight with you? Or are they just vanity pets? Remember, balance is a moving target. You wouldn't want to make it even more difficult to achieve by adding another (infinite?) set of variables.

I can see it now. Encounter X is too easy for people with three companions fighting by their side. So, they make it more challenging for that scenario. So anyone with less than three companions finds it close to impossible.

I'd rather they stick to balancing things based on a defined set of variables. One (fighting) companion is enough.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ehgrieza wrote: »
    Question...

I am a GF and am looking for a good pet. I have the lvl 30 founders wolf right now with lots of crit/power boosts and an epic rune that does a bleed. I also have the cleric. I came across these runes that give me a % of my companions stats...are they even worth it? I was thinking of buying pure recovery gear/defense gear and putting it on pet then stacking the rune slots with those runes to gain max %. Would that be a good idea or would it be better just to buy the golem (planned on anyway cuz he is cool looking) and just deck him out to help me tank epic dungeons.

Even with Defense gear, a strikerpet will be a strikerpet and no way he will be tanking :D
    The runes that give % of stats.. not worth it. If you want an companion that gives you massive boosts, you should get an ioun stone or cat.. they cant attack but do give you their gear and stats.
    The golem is great. I am using him non-stop in every scenario as CW.. ALOT of guardians are really pissed off because of that pet.. 2 reasons.. it makes their job harder as it steals aggro.. it actually tanks better then them, making it so that groups dont take Guardians anymore XD
    It all depends on how you control him though.. i usually let him take the role the guardian isnt taking.. so at a bossfight with 1 boss and a small amount of adds i keep him close, defending me.
    If its a boss with ALOT of adds.. the guardian uses his areas etc. to tank the adds and kill them while my golem tanks the boss untill all the adds are dead.
    Also in skirmishes its great to just have a back-up tank which can just run in and tank the boss while the others take on the adds.

Do realise at start hes avarage, but once you gear him up with defense and deflection gear he gets quite the thing.. and once hes lvl 30 and gets his passive, healing him 8% every 5 seconds etc ... he gets quite the stony ******* :D

• Options
    edited May 2013
    guero5 wrote: »
    But in those other games do those companions fight with you? Or are they just vanity pets? Remember, balance is a moving target. You wouldn't want to make it even more difficult to achieve by adding another (infinite?) set of variables.

I can see it now. Encounter X is too easy for people with three companions fighting by their side. So, they make it more challenging for that scenario. So anyone with less than three companions finds it close to impossible.

I'd rather they stick to balancing things based on a defined set of variables. One (fighting) companion is enough.

Well, I want to be able to spawn all my active compenions for dungeons not for an open world, mabe that clear some mis-understanding.

There is no difference between compenions or pets summoned, they are both characters, the only difference is, compenions fight for you.
    Would be nice if all compenions unsummoned when entered the city, for performance isue, other then that I can't see a problem.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Quick question, about Charisma, you get x% Companion stat bonus, is this the companion that currently summon or all 3 active companions?
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Augment pets give all the stats you put in them to the owner, so any item or rune you equip on them goes directly to the owner. OP's text gives the idea that part of the stats are going to the owners, but its not true. One more thing, augment pets are non combat pets.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guero5 wrote: »
    But in those other games do those companions fight with you?

I don't know if it's what he's talking about, but in DDO you can get hirelings that fight beside you. If you have the store bought gold seal ones, you can have five out at once. Those do take party slots though, so unless you are going for a crazy party of AI, they are really meant to help out with slots you can't fill so you can still do the quest. The quest scales with them out, but not as much as if there was a person behind it. Bad ai mostly. You can control them too, tell them what to do, which is nice.
  • Options
    jug9jug9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are the abilities for companions permanant or can they be changed.

I would like to change my Cleric Disciple so that it has 2 healing abilities instead of a dps.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant really understand and think its a shame why/that companions are character bound and not an account unlock...

abilities are fix - 2 for anything but purple companions that get a third at lvl 30
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What is the dif between companion idle slots and companion active slots?
  • Options
    strdimstrdim Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi! great job!
    i might have a small problem in-game
    I got the quest, I spoke to Bael An Ashock and I got the dialog to choose a companion (I choose cleric)
    but there is a small problem...
    I didnt get anyone!!!
    There is nothing in my inventory/companion tab...

is this a bug?
    what should i do???
    have this happened to anyone elses?

thank you