Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    jenouncesjenounces Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know you get a bonus from them being active, but do their stats and the stat bonuses the companions get from runestones and equipment carry over to your stats at all?

Also, does which one of your active companions is summoned change what bonuses you get in any way?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Active bonus is just what you see on the companion tooltip.

Summoning companions only affects your stats if you are using an augment or if your battle companion has Eldritch runes in defense slots or Bonding runestones in any slot.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very nice guide. :D

Just getting started on Neverwinter, but this definitely looks very helpful. :)

Edit: Primarily a member of the STO Community, but I recently had my curiosity piqued, so I decided to give this thing a shot.
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    dugakrumdugakrum Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok Im new at this and have been reading it and have this question. Since this guide has there been much change in companions new ones etc has any of the stats changed etc? just curious especially since MMO's change alot over the course of 1 year.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    In start, companions are great way to keep you alive (defender or healer) or give you boost DPS. When you reach level 60 they become pain. They are never there when you need them as rank 3 mount and/or run makes them stay hundreds of clicks away from you and when they finally arrive, they draw huge amounts of unnecessary awaken critters with them, which is a problem with low DPS builds and annoying with high DPS builds. Then they usually die pretty fast in the fight when they happen to be around.

So:

At low levels, get good pet (pref green or better) to help from start (I have account wide green Renegade Illusionist for this) and when you reach level 60, use only augment pets.

Only exception to this is in oPvP where some companions like healers or ones with stun abilities can give distractions to the enemy and thus buy you some time.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    cain497cain497 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi!
    First I'm returning to Neverwinter after a rly long time (they had like 2 campaigns and i never did them..)
    I'm kind of lazy so i didn't go through the 50+ pages of this topic, so forgive me if i'm repeating someone else.
    What I'm kind of missing in this topic is this:
    - division between what a f2p player can get and what you need to spend cash to aquire and a ranking of these companions (if you could rank them for each class it would be superb, but no preassure)

if you could include this it would be rly superb but still thanks a lot for your guide it has a lot of helpfull info!

Cain
  • Options
    selwyne#0944 selwyne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi,

I reached level 16 and got my companion but I can't bind it at all, it doesn't appear in my inventory and I don't know what to do. Could someone please help me ?