What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

Comments

• Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Where can I find the Angel of protection - Purple Quality - Leader - First spell heals for 5% of max health. Next two spells are wards that reduce incoming damage taken? It's not in the Zen market.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    zengnarokzzengnarokz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Where can I find the Angel of protection - Purple Quality - Leader - First spell heals for 5% of max health. Next two spells are wards that reduce incoming damage taken? It's not in the Zen market.

you can redeem it at vault of Piety(near your minimap on upper-right corner)
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    This was removed for the open beta, as far as I know. The cleric is currently limited to 15 ranks.

Really? Well that blows. Thanks for the answer though.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well then since there is no Angel which would you all suggest and why between the Honey Badger or the Galeb Duhr?
    Is the Honey Badger better just because he doesn't care? Lol.
    I need a good companion for my Halfling TR. I have the "free" panther but I don't want Guenhwyvar or whatever her name is.
  • Options
    matryaridmatryarid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, at level 16, I get a free companion, but if it's white, it can only be leveled to level 15. How is a low-level companion useful, especially one maxed at 15, once I'm already past the 20s?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sorry my friend but I can't help you with that answer except to spend your REAL $$$ to BUY better companions. Other than that I don't know. I've only had the panther (not sure what max level but it's more than 15) and the cleric (lvl 15 max). With my level 40 drow TR I usually have the cleric out if it's a harder fight and I need all the healing I can get. Otherwise I use the panther.
    But right now I'm trying to decide between the Honey Badger or the Galeb Duhr?
  • Options
    rollierollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But right now I'm trying to decide between the Honey Badger or the Galeb Duhr?

Was thinking this myself but from the post earlier in this thread by voidronin the taunt of the golem is on a 2 min cooldown, kinda worries me to wether it can would hold agro, Can anyone comment about this?
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The golem holds agro very well. You're going to be disappointed if you think you can buy him at level 40 and expect him to be a mob vice out of the gate at rank 1.
  • Options
    mibgeneral1970mibgeneral1970 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for the Guide.
  • Options
    karremaniakarremania Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    matryarid wrote: »
    So, at level 16, I get a free companion, but if it's white, it can only be leveled to level 15. How is a low-level companion useful, especially one maxed at 15, once I'm already past the 20s?
    Companions are 'rank', not 'level'. From what i've seen so far, basicly do *2 for their 'actual' level.

This is a gues though, but based on damage man at war does compared to my guardian and the cap lvl of purple companions (30, while ours is 60), it would make sense somewhat.

Also, that white companion can be upgraded in the future to a blue one (see the vendor with 'common soon' item), thus can level it up even more.

But i gues in time people will do more numbercrunching and we can get some real stats :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    novron wrote: »
    You're going to be disappointed if you think you can buy him at level 40 and expect him to be a mob vice out of the gate at rank 1.

No def not. I would buy it for a new character.
  • Options
    corpuntcorpunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How do you "box" or unbind your companion after having leveled it?
  • Options
    marrabusmarrabus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very nicely done. Pretty informative... Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    corpunt wrote: »
    How do you "box" or unbind your companion after having leveled it?

I would like to know as well please. :cool:
  • Options
    kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm level 18 right now and i picked the Wizard companion as a DC. My damage ranges between 400 and 1000, my companion's damage ranges between 30 and 50. Are they completely useless? Granted, I've not unlocked any weapon or armor slots yet, but still?
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i still think its really dumb that only certain companions go up to 30 as it severly limits variety... all people that are willing to pay will have a purple companion - and probably a healer or tank... and everbody else will have one of the "free" companions...doesnt make sense to me
  • Options
    voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The purple leader companion (Healer), the angel, is only available with ardent coins. It cost 360 of those coins and you can only ever earn 1 coin per day by praying to your god at a fire.

Once the devs assign a price for the books on the Emporium vender all companions will eventually be able to level to Rank 30. It is still unknown if the book swill also grant more skills to the companion on use. My theory is that they will not which keeps purple at 3 skills, blue at 2 and green/ white at 1 skills. This would also only work well if there were more companions available in the game at more quality levels. I also expect them to release more companions over time as the system is designed to create a market for leveled companions.
  • Options
    crystalheartcrystalheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    i play rogue an took man at arms :( wish had read this first grr... but then i was told in game from a fellow guild memeber to get a man at arms hmmm
  • Options
    pandi33pandi33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for this! :)
  • Options
    silvernine84silvernine84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I use Galub Dur when running Epic Dungeons. His taunt is usually enough to off-tank one heroic monster. However, he has a hard time with champions and bosses. For champions and bosses, it may be best to use the cat or orb instead.

As a cleric, Galub Dur will taunt off heroic and normal monsters that are attacking me. This is a lifesaver and usually reduces the damage that I take by about 25% on average. Very useful.

I had a Honey Badger in beta. The pathing issues really hurt its DPS potential. I would actually take Phoera over the Honey Badger for the striker spot. Phoera has a nice AOE attack that does a lot of damage.

Don't expect to buy a companion and have it do miracles for you right away. Most of the epic companions don't start to shine until max rank.
    Hadekin Unavailable
    Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators,
    The Boss of the Applesauce, Dwarven Cleric Extraordinaire...

Hadekin.jpg
    Athkatla Arranaur, eat your heart out you gelatinous giant rat!
  • Options
    projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i play rogue an took man at arms :( wish had read this first grr... but then i was told in game from a fellow guild memeber to get a man at arms hmmm

He's actually really good and will create combat advantage situations for your rogue quite often.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • Options
    madlax27madlax27 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone else tried the Sellsword yet? She seems bugged.

I got her thinking that AOE cleave damage would be nice to go with my cleric. However her damage is low teens (13-18) to begin with and only increases by 1 or 2 damage per level even equipping +Power gear on her. Compared to the dog which is 200-300 damage to begin with and gains about 20 damage per level.

I think someone messed up the damage on her, anyone else have experience with this?
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone has the acolyte from the zen store? i would really like if it's worth to buy it or maybe wait for a new cash shop companion...or simply take the one free, I play a TR, cant really play much in this period so I could wait until some new released companion

pps lf a support companion, something that heal me, I hate this potion spamming
  • Options
    kejmokejmo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got to lvl 16, got the Companion quest, went to the Companion selling guy, chosed Cleric, and i have a problem.

The Companion is nowhere to find. The merchant gives just one irrelevant dialogue. The Companion is not in the inventory, not on the Companion screen.

Any1 had the same problem ?
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    karremania wrote: »
    Unless people are really dedicated to waste other stats to get lifesteal, i managed to get my lifesteal to 4.6%, with or without that companion, it hardly helps. Unless you are a very fast/hard hitter, that company is useless to anyone else.

Also, the 10% is very odd, while a mob hitting me (21% defense) at 120, she buffs me and damage goes down to 118. So unless that skill isnt really working or it got weird mechanics, even that 10% reduction is pretty useless.

I would say, put the 'DO NOT BUY' back.

AGREED! She's eyecandy and nothing more. Save your money and get a training manual.
  • Options
    amad0riusamad0rius Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice guide bro.
    i got are Wizard companion :)
    senseijohn
    AGREED! She's eyecandy and nothing more. Save your money and get a training manual.
    up +
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ioun stone of Allure is removed from cash shop and is not avilable now at all
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried both cleric and man at arms on my rogue and I felt like I was hardly ever getting healed with the cleric. The man at arms does a good job at tanking while I dps without taking too much damage. I might even take him on my GWF when I'm not using my panther.
  • Options
    sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    when I'm not using my panther.

The panther is broken currently. Dont even bother with it.
  • Options
    civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Hey all,

I will be updating the main thread of this post tomorrow when I get some actual time off of work. I'll pick through the last few pages for any information that can be added. I'll be leaving the discussions about whether or not a companion is actually worth having out of the main post unless there is some agreement about a specific companion that is just not worth having.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png