Comments

• Options
    garamel1garamel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice! Thanks for this man!
  • Options
    escritoresescritores Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alcolyte of Kelemvor provides a bit more healing for a GWF than the Cleric of similar level has more hitpoints so will be alive longer and so forth... Could use a bit of a boost though... Useless for anyone but GWF...
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strdim I think you have to talk to a couple more people in there and then it will show in your backpack as a paper I think. It's been a while.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    stevep27stevep27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to ask a question with my first post but is there a (very) basic guide to this game??

I've had a read round some posts but I could do with a really basic guide to find my feet! I'm only level 7 but am not sure how and where to "spend" my points - so far I've levelled up my LMB and RMB skills but can't see whether I should be doing this or saving them up to get the better skills/abilities etc! Also, do I need to "level up" my basic traits (INT, STR etc) or is this done automatically and at what point can I start levelling up my "feats"??

Sorry for the basic questions but I couldn't see a basic guide anywhere!

Thanks for any pointers as this looks to be a superb game!!! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stevep27 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask a question with my first post but is there a (very) basic guide to this game??

I've had a read round some posts but I could do with a really basic guide to find my feet! I'm only level 7 but am not sure how and where to "spend" my points - so far I've levelled up my LMB and RMB skills but can't see whether I should be doing this or saving them up to get the better skills/abilities etc! Also, do I need to "level up" my basic traits (INT, STR etc) or is this done automatically and at what point can I start levelling up my "feats"??

Sorry for the basic questions but I couldn't see a basic guide anywhere!

Thanks for any pointers as this looks to be a superb game!!! :)

There's some good pointers here

http://www.tentonhammer.com/games/neverwinter
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/neverwinter

And so forth... The usual MMO sites...

This thread has some good build guides...

Search around the forums and you might find what you're looking for if it's a certain class a good place to start is here...

About Abilities you have to level them up, you can however only do this at level 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60...

:)
  • Options
    stevep27stevep27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, I'll have a read through!! :D
  • Options
    jinle0522jinle0522 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    question: is there anyway to upgrade cleric companion pass rank 15?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jinle0522 wrote: »

Not currently no...
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jinle0522 wrote: »

Not yet. Expensive manuals bought with diamonds that increase your pets rarity/max rank are incoming though
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    escophescoph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One question

It says it may add abilities and stats after each time you train your companion right?
    Does that mean i should train it every level up to get most bonus out of it? Or i could let it level up to 10, and then train it. (So it trains once between Rank1-10 directly)

Would the end result be the same?

Because it says it may add after each time you train it. Training it once between Rank1 up to 10 means.. i just trained it once o.O And i could have trained it 10 times between Rank1 to 10.

Anyone have any info about this? Do share, because i accidently waited till mine was 8 and then trained it -.- so now it might got screwed up permanently :[
  • Options
    yummydownontheseyummydownonthese Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me or does using AD to "Rush training" produce pets with lower stats? I first noticed with the Cat that I would only get 2-3 point increase on each stat if I rushed, but 19-21 if I waited the time out. Anyone else noticing this or is it normal that some levels have a very low increase in stats?
  • Options
    coresinnscoresinns Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wondering if it is possible to have multiple companions summoned at the same time?
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    coresinns wrote: »
    Just wondering if it is possible to have multiple companions summoned at the same time?

no it is not possible, also currently you only can get white (rank 15) companion using gold, so this companion stuff is a bit "useless" now, unless you get a zen-companion or AD, since book for upgrade is still in epic price of "coming soon".
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    .. hmm.. i am wondering though. The golem companion has a taunt with 2 minutes cooldown, while the new guardian one can do one every 3 seconds.
    Is it just me or does that 2 minute taunt seem a bit.. useless.

i get it.. golem is purple and has a healspell to .. but still. I still love my golem to death and wouldnt want anything else, but it does slightly annoy me.

edit: ah.. i found out the difference. THe golem taunt is waaaay more aggro taking and also has a longer effect, holding aggro way longer even when someone else is trying to steal it.
    That kinda justifies it.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me or does using AD to "Rush training" produce pets with lower stats? I first noticed with the Cat that I would only get 2-3 point increase on each stat if I rushed, but 19-21 if I waited the time out. Anyone else noticing this or is it normal that some levels have a very low increase in stats?

still wondering this. I could test it out with the lvl 16 free companion i have. It shouldnt make any difference but if it does.. it would be terrible

• Options
    edited May 2013
    *Misinformed post, dont mind this*

• Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Is there an ETA on the books or scrolls that will let you level the cleric past 15? I will happily buy them, because she is the most useful.

I don't see many other specifically healer pets in the stores, except for the angel that you buy with 360 prayer coins, and I doubt anyone has that yet if it is indeed possible.
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much for this guide civildude!!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    piconsipiconsi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello! Lots of thanks for this pretty guide!

I have one question about pets, what is the diference between the cat and the ioun stone (apart from appearance, price and colour of course); and what would you recommend from these two for a CW.

Thanks! And sorry my english a bit bad.
  • Options
    aeriocaerioc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Useful information thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    herakleia wrote: »
    Is there an ETA on the books or scrolls that will let you level the cleric past 15? I will happily buy them, because she is the most useful.

I don't see many other specifically healer pets in the stores, except for the angel that you buy with 360 prayer coins, and I doubt anyone has that yet if it is indeed possible.

It is indeed not... You get 1 a day... So that's 360 days of praying...
  • Options
    tmc1066tmc1066 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Picture #2 doesn't show the boar's gender any more than picture #1 does.
  • Options
    kasermandl123kasermandl123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    escoph wrote: »
    One question

It says it may add abilities and stats after each time you train your companion right?
    Does that mean i should train it every level up to get most bonus out of it? Or i could let it level up to 10, and then train it. (So it trains once between Rank1-10 directly)

Would the end result be the same?

Because it says it may add after each time you train it. Training it once between Rank1 up to 10 means.. i just trained it once o.O And i could have trained it 10 times between Rank1 to 10.

Anyone have any info about this? Do share, because i accidently waited till mine was 8 and then trained it -.- so now it might got screwed up permanently :[

Has someone an answer to this question?
    The same thing happend to me, I first trained my companion at rank 6. And it feels kind of weak....
  • Options
    cejbladecejblade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you have more than one companion running around with you, Im sure I saw a PC with two last night.?

Thanks

Cej
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1] cejblade you can only have 1 companion out at a time but you can easily swap out one for another when it needs training.

Anyone:
    2] Does anyone know where you get the prayer coins from? Where do I pray?

3] Is there any way to transfer companions/pets from 1 player to another. Obviously the pet/companion has to be "un-bound"
  • Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    You pray by going to a campfire or setting up a portable altar and using the /invoke command. Ctrl-I is supposed to work, but doesn't seem to do so reliably. You can also freeze the interface and click on the sun icon in the top right.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know how to invoke (Ctrl + i) but I want to know where you pray to get the prayer coins that you get 1 a day if you pray. Where do I find this person to pray to. I've been there before but that was a long time ago in a galaxy.. no wait. Seriously I have been to the person before but can't remember where the person is. I'm pretty sure it in PE but where?
  • Options
    mistgun2mistgun2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know how to invoke (Ctrl + i) but I want to know where you pray to get the prayer coins that you get 1 a day if you pray. Where do I find this person to pray to. I've been there before but that was a long time ago in a galaxy.. no wait. Seriously I have been to the person before but can't remember where the person is. I'm pretty sure it in PE but where?

You get coins from the first prayer invocation of each day. When a day starts or ends, I'm not exactly sure. But you can't get more than one coin (of each type) per day from prayer.

And it doesn't matter where you pray, just that you do at any prayer circle.
  • Options
    sirsirosirsiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how does the Runes stack up their effects? i mean if i used the same rune in all 3 offense slot of my Honey Badger, dont remember the rune's name but it does something like 10% of power damage over time, what happens if i stack 3 of those, or if i stack three of those that gives percentage of pet stats?

thanks for the awesome guide
  • Options
    narkelethnarkeleth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know if the issue with unbinding companions in fixed? I still am not able to unbind a man at arms.