What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

Comments

• Options
    boojakaboojaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Companions become a little unfair when you fuse (with luck) rank7 runes and find some cheap AD deals.

A example is my Phoera (Thanks to the recovery, he can basicly AoE every 4-8seconds):
    gameclient2013050419395.jpg
    Barbarian.jpg
  • Options
    anhemsnanhemsn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is a bug ???
    i just training my companion and -5H
    93564719.png
  • Options
    mfarkouhmfarkouh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems odd that the panther is worse than the dire wolf when the founder's pack that comes with the panther is much more costly. (Just an observation, not whining about fixes).
  • Options
    mothrfkarmothrfkar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the dire wolf is amazing.
  • Options
    gjack6014gjack6014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was curious about the Acolyte of Kelemvore even with the negative reviews. Playing a TR I thought the striking speed may factor into the amount of lifesteal healing. Currently I am level 38 and the companion is level 17 with purple power runestones and blue 50+ lifesteal gear - about 350 lifesteal with equal power to enhance healing. My Trickster is wearing about 300 points of lifesteal in enchanments only.

Healing is averages about 55 a tick and can crit up to 80. This is adequate for my level to keep me moving quickly - however I had to adapt play style to make it work. A few little discoveries:

• I found that I can run into groups of mobs stealthed and she will not get hit.
    • She rarely pulls aggro, and she has never been killed.
    • If I wait to hit stealth until the fight is well underway - she can still see me, and I regen a lot more health in stealth. I tend to use stealth every chance for this reason - and the damage it lends.
    • I use a lot of dodges and run out / in tactics to insure I am buffed before the fight gets far. Otherwise she can be slow to cast.

Early levels the Acolyte is worthless. She is getting pretty decent now. However my goal was to have her and a cat ready for end game. Since she pulls almost no aggro, she will make a nice health buff in PvE.

Recommendation: broken do not buy, unless you want her for a specialty use. Fast strikes is a must to get the most out of her. Although she increases healing each level, it is not adequate for leveling. Niche use only.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mothrfkar wrote: »
    the dire wolf is amazing.

Meh, hes nice and looks quite cool but his damage isnt great and judt like the panther he has a tendency to stand around doing nothing untill he can use his 3-hit thing again and the level 30 spell isnt great compared to most of the others lvl 30 spells.
    I would still prefer either a honeybadger, phoera, fire archon above it..
    Just my opinion ofcourse.. Maybe im just not seeing it right
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    skodmunkforumskodmunkforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natalzz wrote: »
    its possible to have 2 companions at same time? Saw 1 guy with 2 dogs and another with 2 mages.

I saw an dude with 2 clerics, both were attacking his target only one of them seemed to heal, sadly my attempts to communicate with him were unsuccessful.
  • Options
    id83id83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    In closed beta, people were saying that there were 2 more quests from neverwinter graveyard zone which reward an uncommon cleric and man-at-arm companions beside the 16 level companion quest. Is this still the case in OB, I have completed the entire Neverwinter graveyard zone but have not seen the 2 quests.
  • Options
    dresden00dresden00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get a time frame on when Companion Training Tomes will be put in the game? They are on the merchant but still say "Coming Soon."
  • Options
    varkhus2013varkhus2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dresden00 wrote: »
    Can we get a time frame on when Companion Training Tomes will be put in the game? They are on the merchant but still say "Coming Soon."

I just read through this entire thread again (first discovered it during the beta weekends) looking for any kind of answer to this same question. I'm enjoying the game and I tend to be the one defending the F2P model to my friends, HOWEVER this one thing really irritates me and smells of a cash-grab mentality. How difficult could it have been to have had the training tomes ready for the start of open beta? The "Coming Soon" is really annoying.

Also, it sounds like there used to be green-quality companion rewards in the Neverdeath zone, but these are no longer available?
  • Options
    deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Completed the entire Neverwinter Graveyard zone and nope, no such quest now in OB.
  • Options
    xsighx89xsighx89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what's the deal with Pheora (the purple nightmare box companion)? when i showed it off in chat people were saying it was 'broken and getting fixed soon'?
    Not sure if they mean 'not working properly' or 'overpowered' lol
  • Options
    chase20tnchase20tn Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how to i make my dog lvl 16 says 15 is max rank so does the dog only go to lvl 15 and also why is there 2 more forms of the dog i have yet to unlock?
    Name:Trunks
    LVL:8X
    Guild:TacTics
    Server:East
    TOP 10 Mage
    ID# East server: 8000152G090007045006020S3eefb2
  • Options
    tpdanxxtpdanxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awesome post mate~ keep it coming
  • Options
    xarra1972xarra1972 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do you unbind to sell a pet?
  • Options
    sableshrikesableshrike Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Odd question here.

I've got a Sellsword I like using for most PvE stuff with Control Wizard.

Her power was sitting at about 360; I just upgraded her with AD purchased level 60 items and Level 5 Runes.

Despite her Power now being over 510 on her sheet, I see NO damage increase in her actual attacks at all.

Does 150 Power really make no difference in their output at all? She was averaging 29 to 32 damage, and she's STILL averaging 29 to 32 damage even upgraded.

Wondering if there's some unseen cap I may have hit? What a letdown, if so.
  • Options
    muzikfogmuzikfog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Odd question here.

I've got a Sellsword I like using for most PvE stuff with Control Wizard.

Her power was sitting at about 360; I just upgraded her with AD purchased level 60 items and Level 5 Runes.

Despite her Power now being over 510 on her sheet, I see NO damage increase in her actual attacks at all.

Does 150 Power really make no difference in their output at all? She was averaging 29 to 32 damage, and she's STILL averaging 29 to 32 damage even upgraded.

Wondering if there's some unseen cap I may have hit? What a letdown, if so.
    Got the same 'bug' on her as well, would be nice if they could fix it, right now Im using the Dog which seems to be getting the bonus normally.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seen the same thing at some other companions. Atm im fully stacking recovery on my phoenix so that he can spam his spell.. The reason for that is because power apprently doesnt do **** for him either :)

• Options
    greedyswinegreedyswine Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could anyone post me a picture of a wererat thief companion.Im not sure should i take it coz it costs a lot of drake symbols and i dont want to end up with a bad looking companion.(and yes looks matter to me a lot)
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xarra1972 wrote: »
    How do you unbind to sell a pet?

Anyone have an input here?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    id83id83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    r1sbkWb.jpg

Rank 30 fire archon skin
  • Options
    isotope556isotope556 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm apparently too stupid to figure out how to equip a talisman in my companion's talisman slot. I was able to equip 2 items in the offensive slots so I don't know why I can't figure out talisman. Maybe where I'm going wrong is I'm assuming a "talisman" is a neck item? I feel like an idiot. :confused:
  • Options
    sableshrikesableshrike Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Talismans are an offhand for Control Wizards. They're in their own separate category from Amulets, so ya gotta search for the actual word Talisman on the market.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    id83 wrote: »
    r1sbkWb.jpg

Rank 30 fire archon skin

how is he? it seems to me that Fire Archon is just a Phoera but with a singletarget damage over time instead of instant damage area? thought about getting an archon to replace my phoenix but if the damage etc. is about the same it might not be worth it

• Options
    niney01niney01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What defensive runestones would be the better choice for a Cleric companion. Are Eldrich (% of stats go to the owner) worth it over Empowered (extra hitpoints) for some extra survivability? I don't know what stats my dear companion will end up with so it's a bit hard to decide. Any ideas?

Also does the recovery stat work on offensive slots in her gear to lower the cooldown of her heals being cast?
  • Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a similar question to the guy above.

On my PC, when I equip an item that gives me +Power or +Recovery, I can hover over a skill and see immediately that the +Power increases my damage and the +Recovery reduces the cooldown. However, doing the same with +Recovery on my companion doesn't show a reduction in their cooldowns and given that the healer's heal says 20% of my HP, I am doubting +Power or +Crit will have any impact.

So, to summarize, do stats besides maybe +HP have any benefit for companions? Or is it just a hoax to make us believe we have some kind of customization over them?
  • Options
    daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to control my companion? Make the stay back or back of a target..... I'm a GWF and my companions seems to pull aggro as much as if not more than me sometimes.

Also any way to get them the heal other people in your party?
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The cleric (and the angel) both explicitly say they heal you only. They won't heal other people.

Anyone able to get in-game right now? There's two mounts and an ioun stone companion in the Zen store now, I'm curious what the companion is. Did we get the blue stone back?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how is he? it seems to me that Fire Archon is just a Phoera but with a singletarget damage over time instead of instant damage area? thought about getting an archon to replace my phoenix but if the damage etc. is about the same it might not be worth it

It's just single target, first ability is a fireball and second is a DoT, the level 30 unlock increases the damage of his DoTs the lower the monsters health is.