Options

Post your real life picture!

Comments

• Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deohnoeh wrote: »
    Thank you! In some parts of india a moustache is a man's pride! :D

Oh not just India my friend. I am a staunch feminist and fight tooth and nail for women's rights, but the last bastion of pure manhood is prominent facial hair.

I grow it out, I shave it, I trim it, I sculpt it, then scrape it all off and do it again. I want women's rights and equality in all things but this, it remains the one and last thing that men can do, that most women cannot. So says the mighty zen-master Steve Raible!

"A man's mustache is a man's freedom" - Steve Raible
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »

[Image removed at moderator request.]

Blah what did I miss :( this one sounds dirty! Oh or maybe it was clean and involved bubbles... I glad I missed it I just use my imagination.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Blah what did I miss :( this one sounds dirty! Oh or maybe it was clean and involved bubbles... I glad I missed it I just use my imagination.

Not dirty, just too much possibility of sparking political debate. :] I did ask the Mods if it was okay when I posted it, and they came back very quickly and asked that I take it back down. It might not have ever turned into an issuse, but I certainly understand where they're coming from, which is why I asked in the first place.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Okay another round from me:

Here's my ride. I am not into cars at all. In fact, I always lease a car and then trade it in after 24 months and upgrade to a new one. I also choose VWs because they come with free maintenance plans, which not only include oil changes, but also free car washes! This is our new VW CC, which I bought last November. I love the car! It has a killer blutooth radio, hands-off cell phone control and a nifty turbo engine that kicks in whenever I ask!

That's really all I ask for and for someone who doesn't care about cars, this has just been amazing so far:
    vwcc.jpg

Our front yard looks really ratty in November, so I felt it necessary to counter that photo with a shot of some flowers growing off our back deck:
    flowerdeck.jpg

To contrast that, here's what we look like when snow comes. It's actually fairly rare in Seattle, but when it comes this is what our backyard looks like. We own much of the forest land back there as well, it extends another 120 feet or so into those woods and it is all protected wetland, so we get all kinds of wildlife, despite being just 10 minutes from downtown. Cool stuff!
    backyard.jpg

And finally a Bugbear, because they make every thread cooler...
    Bugbear.jpg
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That Bugbear is holding a weapon.

You should take it down before the mods ask you to remove it. Wouldn't want to spark a debate.

*rolleyes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    That Bugbear is holding a weapon.

You should take it down before the mods ask you to remove it. Wouldn't want to spark a debate.

*rolleyes*

He also has no pants.

That's just how bugbears roll!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    To be fair, Trick, they didn't ask me to take down a photo of a weapon, they asked me to take down a photo of a firearm. Swords aren't likely to cause political debate (and this game is Sword and Sorcery, after all). Note that "debate" and "political debate" aren't the same thing on most forums. ;] And besides, I did ask the mods if it was okay - being a mod myself on the RO forums, I don't want to make any mod's job more difficult. There's no bitterness on my side; I won't even put the photo up on my personal site! Few or none of my coworkers know I have a site, and all of my immediate coworkers would be fine with the photo, but if my boss's boss somehow wandered over to my site and got pissed, it'd look bad on my boss.

@Ryger5 - Blah, I don't like leasing! Glad it worked for you, but I am so glad to have paid off my car and not have a payment. Every time I have to take it in the shop, several people tell me "It's time to get a new car!" - uh, no. I keep a spreadsheet (NO KIDDING*) of all of my car's work, and so far all of my repairs have averaged out at just over $70/month over the life of the car. That's obviously WAY LESS than a car payment. I was so happy the month I paid off my car, and I am going to keep this thing until the repairs really do start approaching the cost of a car payment. (At which point I'll have to buy another white mustang convertible and get a new green dragon decal! It's mah thang!)

* The phrase "I have a spreadsheet...." has got to be in my top three most commonly used phrases. Gosh I love Excel. :]
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    iaughteriaughter Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    He also has no pants.

That's just how bugbears roll!

No pants is the only way to be!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well I'll stick with bubbles, and beers... blah firearms... Beer!!!! and more beer is what you need. Oh and bubbles :)
  • Options
    ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    iaughter wrote: »
    No pants is the only way to be!

I'm not wearing pants right now!

Or is that TMI?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Well I'll stick with bubbles, and beers... blah firearms... Beer!!!! and more beer is what you need. Oh and bubbles :)

I LIKE BUBBLES! My first L50 (and first Main) on City of Heroes was a bubbler. That's Force Fields in CoH slang. I didn't know "Bubbler" could mean something else until I added it to my "interests" (or likes, whatever) on livejournal. I saw all these other people who had listed Bubbler as an interest, and was like "Wow! lots of CoH Fans!!" and then was like "wait.... oh.... "

Can't drink beer though, I'm gluten sensitive. So I'm drinking a Kopparberg Stawberry/Lime cider, spiked with vodka. YAY!
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't know what a bubbler is, I ment bubbles like spongbob likes to blow. Never played CoH, Just EQ, EQ2, WoW, SWTOR, SWG, and a bunch more inbetween.
  • Options
    savadioussavadious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »

And finally a Bugbear, because they make every thread cooler...
    Bugbear.jpg

HOly moly... flashbacks to elementary school.. staring at that same page in disbelief after Micheal Dismukes wiped out my entire party with ONE of those !

That page is from a very old... and dear book !
    :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In City of Heroes, a Bubbler was anyone with Force Field as either a primary or secondary powerset. As in, "Who needs healing when you dont get hit in the first place?" (FF was a defense based power set.)

Bubbler is also a term for an apparatus through wich Weed is smoked. aka a bong. I didnt know that, I thought the term bubbler was original to City. HAH. No. I am so naive...
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Those of you looking closely, yes, I am trangendered, please keep any derogatory comments to yourself.

Guess that makes two of us at least on here! Pic is from a few years ago. I'm the one on the right with the black hoodie and biker boots giving my sister wabbit ears. >.<
  • Options
    semkansemkan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey there good people :). Greetings from Turkey!

525156_10151464056743955_1699106802_n.jpg

And this is a photo when me and my buddy were preparing for Diablo3 :).

556853_10150947346663955_741862157_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What's there to be derogatory about? Elawyn's linked post is like... Diva, No Nonsense Chick, Bombshell, and ImmaKickYoButt.

People who have to be derogatory on other peeps just to feel like they have some self worth, I feel bad for those kinda people. (Unfortunately I was briefly married to such a person. Very sad. Didn't feel good about himself unless he tore someone else down. Guess why we're not married anymore!)

Who needs JUDGEMENT? Seriously. I get enough of that in RL, don't need it here in my social life too. Maybe I'm just biased because I've had two good friends go through gender reassignment surgery (one friend each direction).

I dunno man, it makes me happy to make other people happy, and to see other people happy. I like happy. Whatever "Happy" means for you, go for it! As long as your Happy doesn't interfere with my Happy, why should I care?

And now, CHRISTMAS PHOTO!

kelly.png

(This is my parents' house. My floor is nowhere near that clean. Then again, my dogs are like the Floor Apocalypse. My floor doesn't stay clean for more than two minutes. Oh well.)
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One with the glasses. Cute! As for the dogs, I completely understand that. My roommate's cats are bad enough about hair and possessions everywhere. One of the worst dog/floor stories Ive ever heard involved my mom's childhood terror/terrier, feather pillows, and shag carpet. :D
  • Options
    sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What's there to be derogatory about? Elawyn's linked post is like... Diva, No Nonsense Chick, Bombshell, and ImmaKickYoButt.

People who have to be derogatory on other peeps just to feel like they have some self worth, I feel bad for those kinda people. (Unfortunately I was briefly married to such a person. Very sad. Didn't feel good about himself unless he tore someone else down. Guess why we're not married anymore!)

Who needs JUDGEMENT? Seriously. I get enough of that in RL, don't need it here in my social life too. Maybe I'm just biased because I've had two good friends go through gender reassignment surgery (one friend each direction).

I dunno man, it makes me happy to make other people happy, and to see other people happy. I like happy. Whatever "Happy" means for you, go for it! As long as your Happy doesn't interfere with my Happy, why should I care?

I'm not sure what drove this comment, but I think most people agree with you, in principle..but reality is more complicated. Do you also think it is wrong to mock the guy with tiger stripes tattooed on? If so, what makes those people special where they shouldn't be picked on, but other people can? Unless your saying no one should ever say anything derogatory or mock anyone else ever, which is where it becomes more a matter of "in principle" and less reality.

People have the right to do whatever they want to themselves, be it tiger stripes, implanted horns, or gender reassignment. Them making that choice doesn't somehow give them a magical shield that repeals criticism by society though.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • Options
    sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    semkan wrote: »
    556853_10150947346663955_741862157_n.jpg

I miss the days of playing over a LAN. I used to do that a lot with Warcraft III. Playing Diablo III side by side over the internet just doesn't seem the same to me.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • Options
    semkansemkan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Indeed those were good times mate. I remember having LAN parties and playing Counter Strike for hours in computer lab of our school with my friends. Felt nostalgic a little bit :).
  • Options
    savadioussavadious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ... As long as your Happy doesn't interfere with my Happy, why should I care?

As an open minded San Francisco Bay Area native I feel the same way you do kwsapphire AND THAT ABOVE QUOTE IS ALSO WHERE I DRAW THE LINE !!!

OH NO !!!! Their happy... and doing their /dance emotes just because their NEED roll won over mine.... now THATS where I care when someone elses happy ends MY happy ! lolz :cool:

Everyone be kind... when an item drops... EVEN if it is an upgrade for you... please select PASS - out of kindness to MEH ! - Even if I already have better gear.... tyvm :p just kidding...

<insert mandatory photo here>

loot-roll.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sadgfh wrote: »
    Do you also think it is wrong to mock the guy with tiger stripes tattooed on? If so, what makes those people special where they shouldn't be picked on, but other people can?

Answer to first question: Yes, I think it's wrong to mock someone with tiger stripes. Or green skin. I think it's wrong to mock anyone.

I don't understand the second question. I don't feel there's a "special" quality that allows for some people to be "picked on" and others not. As "One Of The Most Made Fun Of People" in my middle/high school*, I firmly believe that everyone has the right to express themselves. Everyone has the right to have an opinion on that expression, but as the adage goes: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. It's not like calling someone a freak is life-saving advice; it's just being a jerk.

*First class to go all the way from 6th through 12th grade, RRMHS baby!
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bardbarian wrote: »
    One with the glasses. Cute! As for the dogs, I completely understand that. My roommate's cats are bad enough about hair and possessions everywhere. One of the worst dog/floor stories Ive ever heard involved my mom's childhood terror/terrier, feather pillows, and shag carpet. :D

Oh dear. That sounds like something most vacuum cleaners would curl up and die at. I don't even know... I mean, do you have to clean up that kind of mess by hand? There was some shag in this house when I bought it. That lasted less than 10 minutes.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Answer to first question: Yes, I think it's wrong to mock someone with tiger stripes. Or green skin. I think it's wrong to mock anyone.

I don't understand the second question. I don't feel there's a "special" quality that allows for some people to be "picked on" and others not. As "One Of The Most Made Fun Of People" in my middle/high school*, I firmly believe that everyone has the right to express themselves. Everyone has the right to have an opinion on that expression, but as the adage goes: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. It's not like calling someone a freak is life-saving advice; it's just being a jerk.

*First class to go all the way from 6th through 12th grade, RRMHS baby!

Well, let me use myself as an example. Say I see the tiger-man post an image on here, and I make a sarcastic mocking comment. This makes me a Jerk? What if I made the comment because I am awkward or live like a hermit and dont know how to interact at a higher level due to social anxiety? Tiger stripe man can't be judged for tiger stripes, but a jerk can be judged for his communication skills?

So, what your saying is...if someone chooses to do something they shouldn't be judged socially for what they do...but if someone says something, they should be judged for what they said? So, in your mind, what is written is more important than what is done? Why is it ok to judge someone for saying something "jerkish", but not for having tiger stripes? The jerkish guy was probably picked on himself or suffering from social anxiety which is why he is a jerk. Besides, who sets these rules? Why is it ok to call a jerk a jerk, but not mock a tiger man?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ... Why is it ok to call a jerk a jerk, but not mock a tiger man?
    JERK

Schwartz_Jamaican_Jerk_Chicken_Recipe_Mix_27g.jpg

goes great with rice

Lets all keep the jerk at the dinner table ;)
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited April 2013
    The-Jerk-Poster-C10134729.jpg

Or in the movies :)
  • Options
    peregrine0falconperegrine0falcon Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    Me about 2 years ago.

No cats though. I'm allergic to cats. :(

3499njl.jpg
    "Any change to non-good alignment immediately strips the ranger of all benefits, and the character becomes a fighter, with eight-sided hit dice, everafter, and can never regain ranger status."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So, what your saying is...if someone chooses to do something they shouldn't be judged socially for what they do...but if someone says something, they should be judged for what they said? So, in your mind, what is written is more important than what is done? Why is it ok to judge someone for saying something "jerkish", but not for having tiger stripes? The jerkish guy was probably picked on himself or suffering from social anxiety which is why he is a jerk. Besides, who sets these rules? Why is it ok to call a jerk a jerk, but not mock a tiger man?

I still wouldn't call someone a jerk. My husband was terrible to people, picked on random people in the store. I didn't say "You're a jerk!" - that's not helpful, it's inflammatory. Yes, my opinion was he was a jerk, but I kept it to myself. Instead I said "Please can you not pick on people like that? At least not around me? It makes me uncomfortable." - Do you see the difference? When I dislike something (which is my right), I don't throw it back in the person's face. I keep my negativity to myself. On the other hand, I will let someone know if I think their (whatever) is cool, because spreading positivity is good!

And yes, there are some people that honestly cannot control themselves due to mental disorders. I know such a person - She has a very hard time controlling herself and her emotions due to a mental/learning disability, and has been known to throw desks and harm other students. She tries to behave, but she's fighting a lot of chemistry there.

However, someone who got picked on and copes with it by picking on other people doesn't really have the same excuse IMO. I know someone very well who is a jerk, but insists that his behavior is dictated by other people or the situation. ("I punched him in the face because he called me a redneck." - Because of course that justifies everything!) Truth is he's just a selfish jerk to the core, and is so self-absorbed he can't see that his own behavior and attitude is directing his fate. So no, I don't excuse his behavior, but I also don't call him up and tell him he's a jerk - I just don't answer the phone when he calls.

On a lighter note, DR. DOOM SHIRT! <3 (I miss those jeans..) Oh wait! I just noticed I have acrylic nails in this photo (painted dark blue or green, usually) - which means this photo is from around 13 years ago. HAH! I haven't changed much (aside from my current lack of acrylic nails). I'll have to dig out a recent photo...

1060_original.jpg

Me about 2 years ago.

No cats though. I'm allergic to cats. :(

3499njl.jpg

YAY! I am also allergic to cats. I was starting to think I was the only one here who wasn't into felines.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    601523_4476558073106_1461941318_n.jpg
    Now I know what I'm seeing in you; you have a Charlize Theron vibe, has anyone told you that?