test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Well met, now ask me anything!

Comments

• Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited March 2013
    somthgelse wrote: »
    What if I hate spiders and wouldn't ride one if you paid me first? So I bought the horse pack? And yet.... I really want to use the foundry? Can I buy it with Zen or something? I don't mind buying the other perks piecemeal. Just want to know it's a free choice and I can play and have fun however I want.

Just play a character to level 15; all the pack does is give you the Foundry immediately. 15 won't take you long, even without the beta XP buff.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I'm thinking hard about buying the Hero of Neverwinter founders pack....But one of my main concerns is, if I were to buy it lets say in a hour, how long would it take me to be in there and playing??
    I would have bought one months ago but im kinda poor. I could get it now but that would take money out of my very limited ($2000) car budget. So I need to know how long it will take from time of purchase to when I would be able to play.
    Thanks and nice meeting you, Name is Ryan.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So I need to know how long it will take from time of purchase to when I would be able to play.

Next beta is March 8th, so... 5 days.
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Welcome to the forum crazy. Step gingerly around the landmines.

Here's what I'm wondering...
    1) What's the full range of duties for a community manager? I'm sure you do plenty of stuff for us we don't see. And how does one get a community manager's job?

2) If you could do whatever you wanted, what are your goals for the Neverwinter community? Where would you like the community to be a year after release?

3) Not counting being the CM for Neverwinter (which is a considerable advantage, if you ask me), what makes you more awesome than your counterparts over at CO and STO?
  • Options
    slowshieldslowshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't find the answer in the forums and I guess it may have been asked before, so do pardon me if it has..
    but I would like to know:
    1) Bag of holding (starter pack), says we can buy multiple, but anyone knows how many we can 'equip' ? Like in wow, max bags u can carry on you is about 4 or 5?
    <Archons> +8 GMT Oceanic Guild, 300 Member Strong @ Dragon Server!
    banner.png
    Silverblade (60 TR), Silver (60 DC), SilverShield (60 GF), SilverStorm (60 CW), Ultimate (60 GWF)
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    @bezza1985 the Guardian and Hero packs each have unique rewards. You can have both and gain the benefits of both! :)
    bezza1985 wrote: »
    So...any chance of just being able to pay the difference from Guardian to Hero to exchange Guardian items/benefits for Hero items benefits?

Pretty please with goblins on top!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @neya01 we haven't announced anything about this.

Also, a lot.
    neya01 wrote: »
    I think i remember someone saying that the client would be made usable in WINE, is this true?

Also, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @darkwolf42775 Ravenloft is awesome. Question for you: Strahd or Lord Soth?
    i would like to ask will u all be thinking about bringing in Ravenloft to the neverwinter?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @somthgelse I love Thief: DS!

I think you'll like the Trickster Rogue. You can check out the class trailer here.
    You said you like sneaking classes. One of my favorite old games is Thief. But I was disappointed sometimes in old NWN when sneaking was so badly done. Will there be real sneaking in NWO?

If not (ok, I realize it can be hard to do), can I plant a seed for a minigame for people who like to sneak? Maybe sneak friendly areas? Or instances where sneaking must be done? Creatures with small aggro ranges that you have to hide in corners to avoid, and wait for them to sod-off before you go to the next corner... that kind of thing? Maybe even large aggro ranges that become small if you kill the lights?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @somthgelse there is no charge to create or play Foundry content.
    What if I hate spiders and wouldn't ride one if you paid me first? So I bought the horse pack? And yet.... I really want to use the foundry? Can I buy it with Zen or something? I don't mind buying the other perks piecemeal. Just want to know it's a free choice and I can play and have fun however I want.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @purpleorbes Beta Weekends 2 and 3 start March 8 and March 22.

Thanks! :)
    I'm thinking hard about buying the Hero of Neverwinter founders pack....But one of my main concerns is, if I were to buy it lets say in a hour, how long would it take me to be in there and playing??
    I would have bought one months ago but im kinda poor. I could get it now but that would take money out of my very limited ($2000) car budget. So I need to know how long it will take from time of purchase to when I would be able to play.
    Thanks and nice meeting you, Name is Ryan.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    @somthgelse there is no charge to create or play Foundry content.

Just have to get to lvl 15... or is that removed? If I'm right you owe me a beer!
    Bwhahahhahahahaha and not an in game beer either.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @aavarius great questions!

1) You're right, there's lots of stuff, ranging from forum and social media engagement and running contests, to helping create schedules and content for the website/blog, being the contact person/liaison for a number of things, and helping out with stuff in-game. People come to community from a number of roles; I came from editorial, having worked as a video games journalist and social media correspondent.

2) I love this question. Fortunately, being able to "do whatever I want" is mostly in line with what most online communities need, which is comprised of consistent communication, fun stuff to do, and an all-around enthusiasm for the topic. My goal is for ours to be one of the best and most welcoming communities out there, where people are excited about all things Neverwinter and feel like they have a home to discuss whatever they wish when it comes to the game and the Forgotten Realms in general. :)

3) I wouldn't proclaim to be more or less awesome than anyone on our team. We're a friendly and supportive bunch, and work closely on pretty much everything. ;)

Thanks for your insightful questions!
    aavarius wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum crazy. Step gingerly around the landmines.

Here's what I'm wondering...
    1) What's the full range of duties for a community manager? I'm sure you do plenty of stuff for us we don't see. And how does one get a community manager's job?

2) If you could do whatever you wanted, what are your goals for the Neverwinter community? Where would you like the community to be a year after release?

3) Not counting being the CM for Neverwinter (which is a considerable advantage, if you ask me), what makes you more awesome than your counterparts over at CO and STO?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @slowshield you have 6 bag slots and start with 1, so you can add 5 more onto that.
    slowshield wrote: »
    I can't find the answer in the forums and I guess it may have been asked before, so do pardon me if it has..
    but I would like to know:
    1) Bag of holding (starter pack), says we can buy multiple, but anyone knows how many we can 'equip' ? Like in wow, max bags u can carry on you is about 4 or 5?
  • Options
    jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    @darkwolf42775 Ravenloft is awesome. Question for you: Strahd or Lord Soth?

Azalin.
    /10
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haha, sorry. Just putting you on the spot in good fun. I didn't expect an actual "I'm better because" answer anyway. I'm sure you all work together quite nicely :)

And honestly, I've always wondered what it took to get into the field. Maybe someday something will open up for me. Thanks for the insight!
  • Options
    degouliandegoulian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm looking to get the Hero of the North founders pack because I really love the game; however, I have questions I can't find the answers to. For example, when buying the HotN pack, does future game content become automatically available to those who paid good money for the game or will we have to buy additional classes/races in addition to the $200+ already spent...one the game is released.
  • Options
    nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    There are no restrictions to content or anything. No stuffing you like DDO

Support them as you please :)

Granted .. Zen is a lot more uselfull than Astral Diamonds.
  • Options
    tattila12tattila12 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pie or cake?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    The Hero of the North unlocks only the content stipulated within the package.

Based on the wording of your post I am inerpreting it as meaning the same as "Is the HotN package a lifetime subscription plan?"
    The answer is no. Neverwinter is going to be a completely free to play game without any subscription plans. Monetization has been stated to be limited to cosmetic and convenience items only and the game will not follow the same business model seen previously from Cryptic or many other western game companies.
  • Options
    nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    The Hero of the North unlocks only the content stipulated within the package.

Based on the wording of your post I am inerpreting it as meaning the same as "Is the HotN package a lifetime subscription plan?"
    The answer is no. Neverwinter is going to be a completely free to play game without any subscription plans. Monetization has been stated to be limited to cosmetic and convenience items only and the game will not follow the same business model seen previously from Cryptic or many other western game companies.

I hope it never follows the PWI model of armor and weapon refining :p
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Armor and weapon refining? You mean degrading items? After so many of hours in combat your item turns to dust unless you pay money?

*grumbles in hatred*
    As far as I have seen that system is not in place. That might make me slam the door myself. ;)
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Ok beta vets or the illustrious moderator himself: I only was able to play in CB#3. If the next closed beta pops up will my code that allowed me access still work automattically?....... or do I need to do the little dance in that outfit again? :p
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    Ok beta vets or the illustrious moderator himself: I only was able to play in CB#3. If the next closed beta pops up will my code that allowed me access still work automattically?....... or do I need to do the little dance in that outfit again? :p
    That depends, was it a Friend Key? If it was a Friend Key, then no. The Friend Keys are good only for the weekend the Friend Logs into. When they log in, they are locked out of future CBW's unless they acquire another key that grants them access.

Go here, and tell me what it says under the key redeem field and I'll be able to answer you for sure.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    That depends, was it a Friend Key? If it was a Friend Key, then no. The Friend Keys are good only for the weekend the Friend Logs into. When they log in, they are locked out of future CBW's unless they acquire another key that grants them access.

Go here, and tell me what it says under the key redeem field and I'll be able to answer you for sure.

Its a Gamespot giveaway that says beta weekend 3 Zeb. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    Its a Gamespot giveaway Zeb. Thanks in advance.
    You're good to go for BW4 (if it happens) then! That code should be good for future BW's if the past line up is any precursor.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    You're good to go for BW4 (if it happens) then! That code should be good for future BW's if the past line up is any precursor.

Now that is great news!
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Glad to hear you are setup then Kyllroy! As many of you will hear on the NOCS soon (Episode 3 Segment 2) Kyllroy has a rich history in Neverwinter. He should just be in, no questions asked :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Glad to hear you are setup then Kyllroy! As many of you will hear on the NOCS soon (Episode 3 Segment 2) Kyllroy has a rich history in Neverwinter. He should just be in, no questions asked :)

Don't forget that valuable link Andre http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/

Thanks a ton!
This discussion has been closed.