test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well met, now ask me anything!

Comments

• sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @ysil6969 great questions! Most of them will have to wait until we release more official info, but I can tell you that the game is very action-oriented, with direct, third-person combat.
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    Well meet! I do have a few questions if you don't mind.
    1. Why did you guys get rid of saves?
    2. Is there going to be skill checks In the game and are we going to be able to put them into the foundry? (Detect secret doors, charisma bluff checks etc.
    3. Is this game going be more hack and slash action that dnd rpg?
    4. Why limit the classes to cookie cutter builds with very few options? I can't even play a melee cleric.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated whenever you get time!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited February 2013
    @syberghost thank you!
    syberghost wrote: »
    On behalf of the community of people who insist on our online handles being uncapitalized, welcome, sominator!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited February 2013
    @zylaxx good question! We'll be revealing more info about in-game events soon! :)
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Hail and well met Sominator!

I have a question: Is the dungeon queing system only open and available during the Dungeon Delving calender blocs? I was unable to do Cragmire Crypts during beta and the system kept telling me I had no available queues to join at the time. I hope this was a bug (reported it as much) but if not, I feel it is extremely wrong to limit the timeframes when players can utilyze the queue system.
    edited February 2013
    @psychotic6 We've only announced the Beta Weekend events for now!
    psychotic6 wrote: »
    Q: Will Neverwinter stick with only Beta weekends or will they ever do surprise 4 to 8 hour events during the beta?

Q: I didn't get to play in Beta weekend 1, Do obtain new abilities and damage spells as I level or is it based on the weapons I use like GW2 and there is no customizing my actionbar?
    edited February 2013
    @eledaar thank you!

We'll be giving more info about beta signups very soon, but I'll be sure to let the team know of this. Thanks!
    eledaar wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums, som! (May I call you som?)

Please, if you are in on any of these "discussions", please let them know that there are a great many people (including myself) who signed up mere days after NW was put up on the Perfect World site for beta, who have not yet recieved beta keys - (BTW, for reference that was TWO YEARS of waiting) - Please do something for those of us who have been waiting forever - it's cruel not to. I think that PW, and Cryptic respect the fact that we have waited so long, don't they?
    edited February 2013
    @ronbo68 thank you!
    ronbo68 wrote: »
    Just stopping in the say, "Hi Sominator!!" and HA! I saw this Ambisinisterr. :D YES!! Someone knows! :D
    edited February 2013
    @solidage thanks!

In terms of Neverwinter's end-game experience, we'll have to wait for more official information to be released. :)

I can tell you that I'm hugely into PvP, and while I've raided/dungeon crawled a lot in MMOs, I always seem to find myself turning back to PvP. ;)
    solidage wrote: »
    Grats on the new gig.

For Neverwinter, what do you envision as the perfect end-game experience for players? is it PvP? PvE? what do the devs have in store? Which MMO's end game do/did you enjoy the most and why?
    edited February 2013
    @ulfghuld we haven't yet announced the details for BW2, but will soon! :)
    edited February 2013
    @datpleb we've got tons of good stuff in store! Stay tuned! :)
    datpleb wrote: »
    Hello!
    Was just wondering, aside from the comment-to-win we've had so far, do you have any other types of giveaways planned? And for when and how can I win lol
    edited February 2013
    @muzrub333 African or European?
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Well Met!

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    edited February 2013
    @myschaella thanks for your questions! We'll be announcing more about this very soon. :)
    myschaella wrote: »
    Hi, welcome and GZ! on gettin to look after us reprobates.
    I have a question, I really want to buy a guardian pack for a friend but the way the payments are set up currently if I try to buy one it will be added to my account. Is this likely to change before the next beta.
    I put a ticket into PW support about this and they were not very helpful and their suggestion of sending him the money was I think a bit rude and would not work. I did buy the PC gamer mag and sent him the key but now it looks like that may not be valid at least for the next beta.
    Any help or suggestions or find outs for me would be awesome.

New info: Just read the new Beta anxiety thread and in there it states that the PC gamer key is valid for the upcoming beta test, can you confirm this please :)
    edited February 2013
    @gwenzelthar thank you!
    Gratz and welcome.
    edited February 2013
    @yoshi77 great questions! We haven't announced anything yet, but will have more info soon. :)
    yoshi77 wrote: »
    Welcome Sominator,

I have a few questions hopefully you can answer.

1. Does this game support PS3 or Xbox controlers?
    2. Can you play this game in windowed mode, allow the use of a 2nd monitor for other things like playing around on the forums for example while still playing on your other screen?
    3. Will there be other classes introduced to the game in the near future? In particular the Ranger & Bard classes?
    edited February 2013
    @demonicangel318 we haven't announced anything outside of the races on our Extended FAQ. :)
    edited February 2013
    @tommytwotall thanks, me too! :)
    Welcome to Neverwinter... So looking forward to this game.
    edited February 2013
    @szaa thanks!
    szaa wrote: »
    Heya, welcome and congrats :).
    edited February 2013
    @mandodo69 thank you! :)
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Welcome dude.... here's to everybody asking you questions to death and bringing their problems that you cant solve to your door.
    I'm just kidding welcome dude!
    edited February 2013
    @warbr @zylaxx =)
    warbr wrote: »
    Thx so much.
    edited February 2013
    @angrysprite thanks! And yep, I'm on Twitter, tweet away! :)
    Are you at Twitter yet? (I understand if you aren't) - and will PWEBranFlakes be renamed to STOBranFlakes as he should? (Rhetorical question! LOL)

Welcome and congratulations. Just looking for a way to "follow" you so to stay up-to-date without trying to hunt-down your comments and answers to questions, etc.
    edited February 2013
    @archoncryptic thank you!
    Welcome to the team!
    edited February 2013
    @walker we haven't announced anything outside of the races mentioned in our Extended FAQ.

Dragonborn are awesome though. Breath attack ftw!
    walker wrote: »
    I know they are completely different but after the Scrolls issue im worried that any word will set them off
    edited February 2013
    @tinypyro fantastic question. Details are still being worked out and we'll have more on this soon. Thanks!
    tinypyro wrote: »
    Sominator.. My question is this:

In a game model designed to facilitate/capitalize on alternate characters by selling character slots, bank slots, cosmetics etc, why is it impossible to transfer coin to alts and difficult/confusing to transfer astral diamonds? And is this something we could possibly address? One simple solution would be to make bank slots cross-account and add a deposite/whithdrawl feature for both diamonds and coin currency.

Thanks for your time and well met.
    edited February 2013
    @kelestra green! :)

We haven't released any info about this, but stay posted!
    kelestra wrote: »
    @sominator - What is your Favorite Color & Will Neverwinter ever support/have Player and/or Guild housing? Secondary question: What kind of Guild Perks can we expect to see in Neverwinter?
  • zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    @angrysprite thanks! And yep, I'm on Twitter, tweet away! :)

And who exactly do we tweet? @sominator? Also, are you a he or a she? Just wondering what to call you in pronouns.

And of course, Greetings and well met to another trickster rogue!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    do u know anything about PVP in Neverwinter?
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well... me went and did it lad... You hic-up didn't answer me.... beers... quest...

hammer of doom!!!!!

ha that new manager is in for it... Salmoneater??? Beer... ughhh me hates when this happens... maybe Sominator?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • walkerwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    @walker we haven't announced anything outside of the races mentioned in our Extended FAQ.

Dragonborn are awesome though. Breath attack ftw!

haha aye they are

thank you for at least putting out a response, Im from the TERA community in the EU and there..... well there customer service or treating there forum community like people is well.... well it sucks I forgot how good cryptic STO support was

nice to have you on the team
    edited February 2013
    @zanarkheneld yep, @sominator! And I'm a he! :)
    And who exactly do we tweet? @sominator? Also, are you a he or a she? Just wondering what to call you in pronouns.

And of course, Greetings and well met to another trickster rogue!
    edited February 2013
    @sallee132 it's going to be amazing! ;)
    sallee132 wrote: »
    do u know anything about PVP in Neverwinter?
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm wondering what the point of an "ask me anything" thread is if the answer to every question is "we haven't announced anything yet".
This discussion has been closed.