test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well met, now ask me anything!

Comments

• sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @bringthenoise001 you've asked so nicely! But you're right, we haven't released any info outside of what's been announced. :)
    Sominator,

Please please please tell me that a Barbarian is on the cards and we wont have to wait too long for its release (please, please, please... does it sound like I'm pleading... ah well... please, please PLEASE!!!)

(I know you guys have not released any info on this outside of the FAQ, but just between us long time best friends :), you can tell me... wisper it in my ear).
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    @bruddajokka halflings are as big and bad as ever! I'm not sure why they're not on the FAQ and Races page, but we'll update them. :)

Wow, actual information here! Thanks sominator!
    edited February 2013
    @argoylet halflings are as big and bad as ever! I'm not sure why they're not on the FAQ or on the Races page. We'll get them updated.

Please keep in mind that the Alpha test is under NDA, so anything floating out there on the interwebs is speculation. :)

As for the FAQ and communication, all substantial changes made have also been addressed in the appropriate threads (and often stickied), to be clear about any and all updates. Our #1 interest is to help provide as much info as we can in the most clear way possible!
    argoylet wrote: »
    The Halfling
    What's going on? Can we get a straight answer please?

Control Wizard
    So apparently the alpha testers keep rejecting the Control Wizard. Does that mean another class will be taking its place as the fifth launch class? Probably better to let rp'ers know now, rather than letting them believe its in then ninja editing in at least a 60 day hold.

Future developments
    It has been confirmed that the faq was ninja edited, and changes (including the Drow) made and deliberately not pointed out, because a negative response was anticipated. Should we expect future developments to be handled the same way? Will communication improve at some point?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited February 2013
    @xeiken1 thanks! :)
    xeiken1 wrote: »
    Welcome Sominator anddd no questions from me :D
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Our #1 interest is to help provide as much info as we can in the most clear way possible!

Ahhh sominator, you got jokes!
    edited February 2013
    @derangedhero thanks! :)

Hero of the North owners receive exclusive access to Menzo-Renegade drow. Vanilla drow will be made available to everyone after at least 60 days after launch.
    Welcome to the nuthouse. =)
    It is good to have another friendly face among us.

On a rather active topic, there is a tiny detail that has me curious:

On day one, do Hero of the North founder pack owners get access to both the Menzo-renegade drow, and the regular vanilla ones, or do they also have to wait at least sixty days to make the latter, like everyone else?

If this question does not make sense, and for some reason Menzo-renegades can be customized to be indistinguishable from normal drow, please feel free to let us know. ;)
    Not knowing how far the differences between the two go ingame, we can only make suppositions. :P
  • daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    why are there no recent official streams from pw or cryptic showing the control wizard or great weapon fighter in english instead of just the french ones?

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworldeu/new
    edited February 2013
    @ysil6969 I, too, am a big fan of companions in games. We haven't released any details yet about Companions in Neverwinter, but rest assured that we will do so soon!
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    I've got another question if you don't mind :) Breath easy. It has nothing to do with Drow.

Are they going to be expanding companions? I really hated DDO for their dummy companions. No heart, no soul. Little tin men following me around. Swtor had amazing companions, but that may be to overkill for you guys (It'd make it worth buying them though!)

Are you guys going to be amping up the companions to include voices, conversations and backgrounds? Plus maybe a purchasable slot for extra companions summonable at one time?
    edited February 2013
    @eldarth that's an awesome idea! I don't believe anything along those lines has been announced but I'll let you know if that changes. :)
    eldarth wrote: »
    Q: Is there any discussion about being able to allow the "experts" in the fanbase to be able to submit 3-d models of creatures? I'll bet there are probably hundreds of 3-d modelers out in the fanbase that would love to create models for this game. Not create for the foundry, but to kind of open-source creature modeling that Cryptic could then have a rapid starting point and then modify/polish the creature(s) for inclusion in future updates.

Imagine The Foundry for DM's and a Creature Modeler for them! I'm sure with a little communication they could leverage the fans into creating many, many D&D creatures for nothing more than some public acknowledgement somewhere.
    edited February 2013
    @tinypyro thanks! :)
    tinypyro wrote: »
    Sominator Balls out brother. I commend you for willingly jumping into a pot of boiling water. You have embraced an almost impossible task. Believe me, I am no fanboy, but I appreciate what you are trying to do.
    edited February 2013
    @zagemogga we're discussing this atm. Thanks for the suggestion!
    zagemogga wrote: »
    Will we get an official wiki page for the game run on Cryptic servers with content updated by Neverwinter game masters and the community as a collaboration effort? Similar to DDO wiki and GW2 wiki?

At the moment it has no real official content and isn't supported by Cryptic I guess:
    http://neverwintergame.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter_Wiki
    edited February 2013
    @darktaco667 yep, servers are only up on Beta Weekend Events, hence the account error. :)

The Founder's Packs are available before launch as a way for you to get special exclusives and access before release. After launch, there will be other items available in Neverwinter, so stay tuned. Thanks for asking!
    I recently noticed the Download link was made available on my account...so I downloaded & installed the game (YAY!) but when I try to login I get an account error, leading me to http://nw.perfectworld.com/404?url=%2Fsupport%2Faccount_error

I'm assuming it's either because the servers are down or my account isn't actually active yet.. but I'm just wondering if I won one of the many many contest I've applied to, and maybe the server is just currently down? (That'd be glorious!!!) Can't wait to get into the Foundry >.<

Also, will the Founders pack be available after release? Limited time or..? I would purchase one now but I just can't afford it for the next little bit. Huge Neverwinter fan... must have it eventually... >.<
    edited February 2013
    @gwenzelthar @grayzen12 g'day to you both! :)
    YES!
    Im an Aussie, and i bought the HOTN pack, i was in the last beta weekend and will be in the up and coming one too...cu there!
    edited February 2013
    @daed76 we've got lots of cool stuff planned! Stay posted! :)
    daed76 wrote: »
    why are there no recent official streams from pw or cryptic showing the control wizard or great weapon fighter in english instead of just the french ones?

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworldeu/new
  • foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome!

It's a long shot but I figured I would try:

Can I have the pleasure of alpha testing this wonderful game?
    edited February 2013
    @ramoted you share gold with your group members, but there is a loot distribution system in place. At the end of a dungeon, however, you get your own treasure chest!

The level cap is 60. :)
    ramoted wrote: »
    will this game be able to share loots just like in guild wars2? and what the level cap in this game?
    edited February 2013
    @foolishlobster :)
    Welcome!

It's a long shot but I figured I would try:

Can I have the pleasure of alpha testing this wonderful game?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    can we have dragon companion?:rolleyes: and welcome
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What class are you most excited for at launch?? GWF here.
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey everybody!

The name's Sominator, and I'm your new neighborhood friendly Community Manager for Neverwinter. I'm excited to meet all of you here on our forums, and of course, adventure with you in-game!

Feel free to use this thread to ask me anything you like, within reason. ;) And let me know if I or our spectacular moderator team can be of assistance with anything!

Cheers, and let's make ours the best and most Neverwinter-y community out there on the interwebs! :D

How long do I have to wait until I am allowed to make post. Merged with my 1127 day old STO account and I created it on Saturday. Thanks to anyone who has the answer I over-looked! =)
    2.jpg
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Are there currently plans for a Fighter class that can fight while mounted?
    Cool mounts make me want to fight while on them.
  • thesquezthesquez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey sominator,

what is it like to get to talk to TheSquez? that guy seems like the worst?

xoxo

totally not TheSquez
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thesquez wrote: »
    Hey sominator,

Totally heard that too from the other devs...
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thesquez wrote: »
    Hey sominator,

xoxo

totally not TheSquez

Personally I think the Squez is really cool, even if I dont know him much. He also seems funny. Others can argue, but no matter what you say I still think Squez is cool and that Id like to play with him in at some eventual point.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yall need a give away that sends us and 1 other person to California to get to meet the Neverwinter devs, GMs, CMs, Squez and Craig. Also the person who goes should get to eat lunch with the team and check out some of the stuff yall are designing. Yo should do this every year, and yall should let me be the firs...I mean let me be the Guinea Pig to test if this would work out... and while your at it let the Truthseeker be the second Guinea Pig.... lol jk Seriously though it would be awesome to meet you all... and you should let Truth come by and meet you guys in-person(dont tell him I told you to do this, but he and the other mods are great, by the way Truth needs one of those dragon beanies)
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Q1: will the Foundry have some voiceover options, e.g. a set of words/sentences to choose from for dialogues? Could we even use our own recorded sound files?
    Q2: this got probably answered a million of times, will that Hero kit be available until shortly before launch. So I can play the closed beta and see how it goes, then decide if I want to access the moonstone mask etc.?

Thank you :)
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    Could we even use our own recorded sound files?
    No. This has been asked over and over. Copyright infringement and swearing problems.
    edited February 2013
    @warpet :) thanks!
    warpet wrote: »
    can we have dragon companion?:rolleyes: and welcome
    edited February 2013
    @ysil6969 I usually gravitate towards the shady classes...so I'm all Trickster Rogue. Except for alts of course! ;)
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    What class are you most excited for at launch?? GWF here.
    edited February 2013
    @pugdaddy mounts are equal parts speed increasers and status symbols. More infos are on our recent Dev Blog.
    pugdaddy wrote: »
    Are there currently plans for a Fighter class that can fight while mounted?
    Cool mounts make me want to fight while on them.
This discussion has been closed.