Install Arc
Options

Well met, now ask me anything!

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    ezechielisezechielis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Being quite familiar with D&D, especially earlier editions (that's what brought me here), but not with MMORPGs, I'd have several questions:

1) I want to completely avoid PvP if possible. What are the rules in this game concerning attacks on other players and stealing items from them?

2a) In my experience, in the pen and paper version a group of adventurers needs at least two healers in their ranks (and in bigger groups, 1/3 - 1/2 ratio is advisable, imho) at least at low levels before healing potions and such can be found or bought. So, how does healing take place in this game, and for example, if I want to do PvE solo, do I need make a cleric just to be able recover my hitpoints in any reasonable amount of time, or is the natural healing rate fast enough to make playing an old school hack-and-slash tank a plausible option?

2b) Talking about healing, is there, in this game, like in pen and paper version, a hitpoint zone where you fall unconscious (unless you can avoid it with Diehard feat) and start to bleed to death but which allows you or someone else to heal you before you die? I'm still thinking about that fighter vs. cleric superiority for a solo adventurer.

3) Why is a certain word meaning (among other things) an illegitimate child being censored? It certainly has other, proper uses beyond insulting, for example describing a type of sword found in D&D.
    Longsword good, Rheinmetall-Borsig MK 108 better.
  • Options
    daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will there ever be PvP beyond the arena?

Is there a possibility of a dual wield skill, ie monkey grip or something like that
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

The name's Sominator, and I'm your new neighborhood friendly Community Manager for Neverwinter. I'm excited to meet all of you here on our forums, and of course, adventure with you in-game!

Feel free to use this thread to ask me anything you like, within reason. ;) And let me know if I or our spectacular moderator team can be of assistance with anything!

Cheers, and let's make ours the best and most Neverwinter-y community out there on the interwebs! :D

What is Neverwinter? I keep seeing it mentioned in this forum.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    What is Neverwinter? I keep seeing it mentioned in this forum.

It's the most expensive STO starter pack EVER. ;)
  • Options
    dragonreborn26dragonreborn26 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, I got my companion cleric to rank 15 and the only way she can go higher I think it said is something like half a mil AD. Is this the only way I'll ever get a higher rank companion if I choose not to spend any real money (Zen)? I say the "Only way", meaning excluding months of grinding for a specific currency or things along those lines.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Hey, Sominator is no longer our friendly neighborhood Community Manager so I guess I'll close this down.

There are no plans to change how companion upgrades work at this time.
This discussion has been closed.