test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    tyverontyveron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

Absolutely. As a big fan of City of Heroes, and a Lifer from STO, I'm pumped to see how far Cryptic has come with allowing User Created Content. Being a RL DM, I'd love to make a few dungeon crawls from my own campaigns.
  • Options
    dinmndinmn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Play DEFINITELY! Create hopefully, but then again that's what I said about my STO mission ideas , but never did.
  • Options
    vorliskvorlisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely try new adventures in the foundry. As a gamer who grew up on pen and paper D&D, I will be putting together adventures from past experiences. Not sure what the legal issues would be, but would love to see Temple of Elemental Evil and some of the other great modules from back in the day.
  • Options
    bedroomjesusbedroomjesus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    I'll probably dabble at creating some adventures, but for the most part I'll be playing other's creations.
  • Options
    hookahdadhookahdad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes I am looking foward to useing the foundry. I am 45 years old and have been playing dNd for a very very long time. My eldest son who is 25 plays every week with friends of his and we play on Skype every now and then. I would love to see my adventures come to life on the computer not to mention all the stuff others will be making. Can't wait
  • Options
    marqu1nhomarqu1nho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I definitively will be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter! I think it's a pretty cool idea. Reminds me of Little Big Planet on the Playstation, which had some really awesome user levels. I am expecting the same from the Foundry! Some people are really good at this! Personally I prefer playing and testing the content, not creating my own.
  • Options
    bilightbilight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Easy access to new content and reviewed by users? Sounds great. So yes.
  • Options
    argorikargorik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    I will definately try other players content! I am not interested in creating my own.
  • Options
    erbalerbal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely be playing content created on the Foundry. Its always good to see other peoples imaginations being put to use. I will also be creating content of my own. I have a knack for story telling, and the background lore/content in this setting is a huge resource to pull from.
  • Options
    lostromlostrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My main hope is that our (the players) content will be so good, and there will be so much, that it will free the Devs to really crank out the stuff we all want to see lots of.. and by that I mean classes.

Yes, though, I plan to play lots of Foundry content (and I already have) and I am planning on working on my portfolio for game development by creating Foundry content. Needless to say, I'm excited.
  • Options
    mektanamektana Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes. I plan to play Foundry as well as design adventures with it. I did so in both the offline NwN's and look forward to this.
  • Options
    dimsciencdimscienc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is the main reason im playing the game i ahve a group of friends who loves to play tabletop 3.5 dnd (we actually just finished a session as im writing this) and we have an incredibly inventive and creative DM. So the second I, or we get into the beta/release we will be putting countless hours into the foundry making new adventures and of course transferring some of our old completed campaigns into this game with the foundry. So hey PW the sooner i get access the sooner these amazing campaigns will be in your game :D.
  • Options
    kingaultkingault Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely play other players' content.
    If I were to make my own content, I'd try to make a series of quests that would follow as close as possible for a Fire Emblem game I was making but never finished due to laziness, which stopped my from fully learning eventing. I did learn unit placement/inventories, along with reinforcements, at least...
    I'd at least make the castle/cave chapters...
    Hopefully this is the one time I'll actually finish/work much on a custom quest/quest series... Warcraft 3 maps... Fire Emblem editing... RPG Maker... I never finished anything in any of those due to me sucking at scripting and being too lazy to devote much time to it. Hopefully, the Foundry will break this streak.
  • Options
    fuzzynuggitsfuzzynuggits Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course i will be playing content from the foundry, I look forward to the kinds of adventures people can create for me. I may or may not make content myself but it depends on if i have any good ideas. Love what I've seen of the game so far.
  • Options
    dizagothdizagoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I def will be checking out the created Foundry content - I think this is a huge draw for me. I really like the idea and plan on giving the creating side a shot as well. I hope there is some sort of rating system so players can separate the great content from the avg, or poor.
  • Options
    kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Of course I'll be playing Foundry content!

As for making it . . . well, I'm not really good at making maps, scripts and all that. But if someone needs a collaborator to throw in ideas for stories/quests, I'd definitely help with that.
  • Options
    apaullloapaulllo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait to play the main quest line and play other players quest as well as maybe make some of my own. :)
  • Options
    txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In other games, modders have come up with content as good as, if not better than, the original game. I'm looking forward to seeing what the community here can come up with.
    Waiting for paladins...
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to try the Foundry, Adventure creation was one of the best parts of Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2.
  • Options
    fealordfealord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will definitely play with the foundry there is a near perfect chance I'll get so wrapped up in it I'll neglect leveling a character and just make dungeons all day! haha, that or take breaks from creation by checking out other player made dungeons.
  • Options
    vijjvijj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be trying the Foundry missions for sure but don't plan on building any myself. For me the main selling point of the game (besides the combat) is the Foundry. Hopefully it will keep the game fresh.
  • Options
    xeroxamnusxeroxamnus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most definitely gonna be playing some foundary quests. And, assuming I don't suck horribly at making them, will be making some of my own too. I'm even tempted to get my D&D group to make characters and do some quests for our campaign in the Foundary.
  • Options
    ultimombraultimombra Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course if it's easy as it appears...i've some interesting ideas!
    The Unseen Knight
  • Options
    jsoaresjsoares Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes!

I expect we'll see a lot of Foundry Content!
  • Options
    kaycckaycc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2013
    Of course! In fact I am more excited about creating adventures for my friends and dungeon crawling with them, than playing solo.

My first adventure will probably be based on something that has happened in real life, so my friends can relate to that. But also tweaked slightly so that other players will not feel lost in the storyline.

Looking at the videos posted on Foundry, adventure creation looked so much easier compared to the old NWN1/2 toolkit; so in summary, CAN'T WAIT!
  • Options
    schunoweschunowe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ofcourse i will play content from other players, if the ratings are goood and i hope there will be jewels of adventures from other players in the foundry and hope to enjoy very nice time playing them :L :):) But for creating for now don't know :):)
  • Options
    helsig74helsig74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I will be playing content from the foundry.
  • Options
    jessidiusjessidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    Hell yeah I will create and explore the content made by other players, as long as the Foundry pack is efficient enough to allow for good creation and customization.

I, like many of the posters here, am a DM and GM and would love to incorporate my ideas into your virtual format for sharing!
  • Options
    foxincarnatefoxincarnate Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely. As an avid D&D fan, it is almost a requirement to take a turn as a DM. This is how I see foundry. Your chance to create adventures the way you want them to be, challenge others, and inspire them to do the same. It is a chance to stop complaining that you hate the way something is in a storyline or quest and make it yourself.

Absolutely. Hands Down.
  • Options
    derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely.

The Foundry is the perfect opportunity for dungeon makers and storytellers to show us their vision of the game, and is certainly going to be full of interesting stories to participate in.
    I would likely be missing out if I didn't partake in this kind of fun. =)

And given that I am a roleplayer who is fond of fleshing out adventures and plot with as much game bits add I can, I get the feeling that the Foundry will also let me make my ideas spring to life. With luck, I might even get the hang of making adventures in it... ;)
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
This discussion has been closed.