test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    darkfang1542darkfang1542 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is going to be so much fun, of course Ill be using the foundry. Its going to be awesome!
  • Options
    bogotterbogotter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely try content made by others and if the Foundry is easy to use, I'd love to dust off my dungeon master skills and create some adventures.
  • Options
    memyrmemyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry is one of the selling points for the game to me, having potentially an infinite amount of content and being able to be a Creator and not just a User in a game is a huge draw. Which is more of an a Achievement killing ubermegadarkdarkevilguy or creating quests that thousands+ enjoy and beg for more?
  • Options
    tekf5vetekf5ve Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    More than a little likely to play some custom foundry content. As for making it myself it depends on how difficult it turns out to be. If it is easy to set up and learn; Yes I will be making them in that case. Just hoping to get into the beta weekends to try this beast of a game out. Been watching videos all weekend on game content, looks like a ton of fun.
  • Options
    brankbrank Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely try the Foundry out, as well as other player generated content. I have high hopes for player generated content, complete replay ability is what I am looking for. With thousands to millions of ideas coming from my mind on how I would like to work some maps out, I can only imagine what some of the worlds more creative people may come up with. It will never be boring.
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It depends. I'd love to use it... but only if I can get the same rewards as regular content. If I can't load up the foundary and run whatever I want without getting punished, then I really don't see myself using it save for doing something new once I've maxed everything out. I realize this could be abused, hopefully there'll be some sort of system that demands a certain amount of assets in the level, IE...

You place a certain "rank" of mob, your asset "meter" increases.
    You place traps/levers, and your asset "meter" increases.
    You place bosses, asset "meter" increases, etc.

It will stink if you can't play your own creations though. I fully intend to set an Elven Village on fire and fill it with angry zombies and other horrors that want to eat dew-sipping faces.
  • Options
    wisienkaswisienkas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll be doing lots of foundry, it seems like a good way to further make challenges for yourself and your friends along the way if anything else become to trivial.
  • Options
    khajidkhajid Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Back in the day when I played Neverwinter Nights, one of my favorite things to do was create content, then enjoy content made by other players, so I will definitely be taking advantage of this aspect of the game.
    Check out my Tumblr Blog at http://megagamebuzz.tumblr.com or follow me on Twitter @megagamebuzz
  • Options
    sexylady084sexylady084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I would play the content, then I would try to figure out how to make content. I love playing things other people have taken the time to create and share.
  • Options
    magaricmagaric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes most definatly. I plan to make my own honestly.
  • Options
    madcowmisha76madcowmisha76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hopefully, with old farts like myself who grew up playing the D&D game since the boxed set days, and have been a DM, the Foundry content will give us the means to bring our long lived dreams to life! I am definitely looking forward to this aspect!
    GRIEVANCE Guild Affilaites
    GW2 - Scarloc Grimtooth, Human Ranger
    Aion - Skarlock the Chanter
    Neverwinter -
    Elder Scrolls -
    Bless -
  • Options
    phliophlio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The whole game is a source of excitement for me, but the Foundry is definitely what I am looking forward to as much as the game itself. Being able to create adventures for friends, or play friends' adventures, takes me back to the days of running through a module with dice and a sheet of graph paper in front of us. I always thought as I grew up how cool it would be to be able to take a round of D&D to the computer and let it help immerse the players, and the foundry comes as close as I've ever seen to doing just that, so I can't wait!
  • Options
    ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I will be trying a lot of player content and making a lot of content myself. :D
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • Options
    iamladyetherealiamladyethereal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I cannot wait for this game to come out for real and not just testing phases. I love this game and the Foundry content seems like a great way to customize your fun levels :) I look forward to playing all types of foundry content! I would love a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack :)
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).
  • Options
    somewunsomewun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?
    I will definitely try foundry content. Some of the STO foundry missions were quite good. I know making a good mission takes time, someday if I am not so busy I might give it a try.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes the foundry missions on beta were very fun.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    amarosa2001amarosa2001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be playing foundry content in Neverwinter as I did so in Neverwinter nights. I downloaded player made modules and helped my husband create modules as well. Testing out your own content was sometimes more fun as you were making sure the challenges in the game were adjusted right to where the game was a challenge but not impossible. Also testing out all of the triggers and events were fun as well.

I look forward to teaming up with my hubby and creating some excellent player made content while testing others as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sumoksumok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to see how the foundry works out. I have been disappointed in player created content before but I have high hopes for the Neverwinter Foundry. I would definitely play Foundry content.
  • Options
    sacerysacery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've never really tried any user made content, but the idea of having fresh content to play every time I log into the game, AND having the opportunity to make my own has me really exited to try out the foundry
  • Options
    elfosagelfosag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am looking forward for the Foundry content. There will be many quality and awesome custom adventures to play. That will make Neverwinter a game that I, and many others, will want to come back to. Endless adventures... I can't wait...
  • Options
    hex123456hex123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hope to - I hear that's the best part of the game!!
  • Options
    zidlefguntherzidlefgunther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes i will for sure, those were amazing ;-) Neverwinter you truly impressed my mind with your game, just AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    mourninglordmourninglord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I will definitely try content made by other players. It is awesome to see what other players can come up with as we did in NWN1 and NWN2. I am not 100% sure about creating content as I am not a coder, but will definitely look into the possibility of doing so.

*** Mourninglord ***
    *** Mourninglord ***
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will certainly try Foundry content created by other players. I don't know yet whether I will attempt any of my own creations, but who knows. Playing the game and seeing what others were able to do might be inspiring. :)
  • Options
    juddhead1juddhead1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course, it's a no brainer. The community is always full of creative people who make great work.
  • Options
    jaxxxorixjaxxxorix Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will absolutely be using the foundry! I think it is a brilliant way to try to bring a pnp experience to Neverwinter...now if only there was the ability to DM your foundry creations....hmmmm....I really look forward to seeing the "modules" of others! It would be cool to even play through quests/stories with in-game friends...either qeusts/stories I've made, or my friends have made or someone unknown to us has made. There is a lot of excellent gaming potential here!
  • Options
    runzlikegirlrunzlikegirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is no question that I can not wait to play other players content, not to mention all the ideas I have to create content of my own!! /drool
  • Options
    darquedarque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Yes. And yes!
  • Options
    squeeaksqueeak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been umming and ahing for quite some time over Neverwinter and just a moment ago I was thinking to myself 'what the hell is The Foundary'?!
    I've gotta say folks this has got me sold.. how can an MMO ever get old when it gives you access to such an ingenious feature! This has officially shot Neverwinter to the top of my most anticipated games list for 2013 and beyond. And in answer to your question, YES I will be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    desadariusdesadarius Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to use this feature. Playing content made by others will be awesome. Making zones for players will be even more fun. The possibilities are endless, from recreating your favorite adventure zone from another MMO or even daring to create the realm you imagined so many times while playing pen and paper D & D from back in the day.
This discussion has been closed.