test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    sadisticsaviorsadisticsavior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

The answer to both will be determined by how much leeway the creator has in designing the adventures.

If it is possible to create adventures as detailed as the "official" missions, then the answer is "hell yes" to both.

If it is going to be like STO, where the player adventures look cookie cutter due to the limitations on the designer, then probably not.

XP and rewards need to be comparable to normal official missions please. I'm not asking for free-everything, but it need to be worthwhile to spend time in them from an XP/reward perspective.
  • Options
    remyiremyi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely try out a bunch of other players' adventures. As to whether or not I will make any of my own? We'll see how beginner friendly the Foundry is, because it does sound like a fun task.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Surely will, once it comes out.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    thenemiethenemie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry content looks awesome! I played a couple of great maps that first beta weekend, I can't wait for a chance to create some myself.
  • Options
    ulfedinulfedin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Provided that the Foundry's asset placement system is less frustrating than STO's, I'd love to.
  • Options
    xen86xen86 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes and OH YES! :D I Love User Created Content. I hope my architectur study give me the time to create my own adventures :D:)
  • Options
    pugs78pugs78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely looking forward to the foundry content. As a long time pen and paper D&D player, I look forward to testing out player made content. Looking forward to creating some of my own adventures as well.
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yes I will. Too bad this Beta isn't run continuous like a normal beta.
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Some of my favorite missions from STO were from the foundry, so of course I will try the NW foundry. As for creating new content myself? Sure, why not? I am up for new challenges.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I honestly look forward to what the community can create after seeing some of the content created through NWN 1 and 2 that rivaled the official content.

I will personally be adding content myself even though I don't think it will be as quality as the official stuff but I'm still going to let my creative juices flow and let the community decide if it's good.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    chuxshad0wchuxshad0w Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is one of the best ideas in a long time, players will not have any reason to say that they are bored of the same old dungeons. I cant wait to try out some of the content made by the players... it should keep this game active and fresh for years to come.
  • Options
    koreannuskoreannus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I predict some people will be famous for their content, and this is only one of many things that made me love this game, it's d&d soul!
  • Options
    pikibeepikibee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First of all, I must say GREAT WORK!
    This idea of The Foundry is awesome!
    Creativity's the limit !

I'll surely try content made by other players! There may be some great stuff going into someone's mind out there and The Foundry will honor them as good as I saw.
    This Action/Event based program is so nice, easy, fast, and you can create something really big if you want!

I'll surely share my creativity with other players too! Me and my friends are actually preparing some stuff to share with the community ;)
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to! I am also learning how to use the foundry via STO, and although I'm sure the NW version will have differences, I plant to make my own adventures!
  • Options
    lowtemp#9613 lowtemp Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is going to play a major role in this game. I can't wait to see what you add to it 2 years from now when I'll still be playing and making my own stories with the Foundry!
  • Options
    dornathdornath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Yes I will and have tried the content from the Foundry. I may even try to make some. It looks like it should be fun to try and make some adventures.
  • Options
    landemoralandemora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes! I most certainly will be trying the content created and I am already working on a story I want to try to bring to life in NWO.
  • Options
    lordpatticuslordpatticus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Depends on the overall quality of the content if it is mostly terribad then I probably wouldnt bother.
  • Options
    aeristochaeristoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely be participating in user made content from the Foundry. This is one of the major aspects of the game that I'm eagerly looking forward to. Both running and hopefully creating content that others can also enjoy.
  • Options
    mournblade07mournblade07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I will definitely try Foundry content, both playing and creating... it's one of the major drawing factors of the game for me.
  • Options
    rtwenty2rtwenty2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so pumped to try out the foundry. i cant wait to see what kind of lore and enemies they put in the content they make!!! also cant wait to group up with friends/other players and try the foundry content!!!!! also cant wait for the next beta!!!!!!:D
  • Options
    rynerwolfzrynerwolfz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would definitely do both. I'm very excited for this game. A big plus in my book for what I've seen.
  • Options
    gprime501gprime501 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes I will play with the foundry quest like neverwinter night with the dungeons master map creator that was awesome
  • Options
    kusigkusig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait to try the content of others, may even have an alt I lvl only using that. Will attempt to create something with the Foundry but who knows if i'd ever finish it to a state i'd want it released lol.
  • Options
    eyejabeyejab Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes.

I was hoping it would've been available for the beta weekends. Looking forward to creating and exploring Foundry content...
  • Options
    crivilnite2crivilnite2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2013
    Will be a deep and exciting hole to dig and explore .
    I'm The Guardian, death is my business be it yours or mine.
  • Options
    dynetraxdynetrax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Making my own adventure is what Dungeons and Dragons is all about and thats the reason the concept always appealed to me since it was a board game. Now you can take that same world of litmitless creativity and bring it to a modern platform that new people can enjoy! I can't wait to construct my own world!
  • Options
    morgenstern71morgenstern71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely try the content that other players are gonna create. That is one of the things i loved about Neverwinter Nights was all the amazing modules people created. I want to create my own module for this. Im going to crack out my old AD&D modules and find some good ones to recreate.
  • Options
    talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Oh yeah, I would like to. (both) =
  • Options
    ormerielormeriel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This definitely has a lot of potential, as far as I know only City of Heroes and Everquest 2 had something similar. It worked pretty well on COH, not as nicely on EQ2 though I heard.

So the way everything is handled will be key to the success of that feature, as usual.
    It won't be an easy feat for sure, do good luck, I am looking forward to it :)
This discussion has been closed.