test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    pinlaopinlao Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This game is my first attempt at playing a MMO and foundry is a major draw for me.
  • Options
    draygondraygon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh most certainly I will be playing Foundry quests. I'm eager to see what the creative minds of the community have and will come up with. XD

As far as making content, I might toy around with it. I've never stuck to it long enough to amount to anything but we'll see with how the process works.
  • Options
    tears4lubricanttears4lubricant Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to play others creations It would be original and never before seen things and im sure that there might even be some DM genius out there that will make a name for themselves. Maybe it will be me I have wanted to Dm a D&D campaign for a while now but cannot afford the books and such to get a great game going This will give myself and so many others out there the chance to show what we are made of and I for one thank you guys for doing something this awesome it will take many people to new heights in their confidence levels when people play their maps and tell them how great it is.
  • Options
    ebiquis7ebiquis7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to create the 9 planes of Hell, or Baator. Azmodeus, prince of the devils, once they reach plane 9, and his stronghold. This was epic in Advanced D&D, or was it Deities and Demigods, will have to do more research, but yeah loved this adventure....
  • Options
    sundertusksundertusk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A resounding, "YES!" The main reason my friends and I are going to play this game is because of the Foundry. Every Friday, we get together and play 4e D&D, and this will provide a whole new tier to our level of geekiness. Sometimes, a quick jaunt through a beastie-filled lair is just the kind of distraction a jaded group of age-old pals and D&D nerds need to ignite a new imaginative spark in the tabletop campaign..
  • Options
    wolfvxwolfvx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to start playing and the foundry will make it so this game always has new content for me to play, who knows I may even make a few of my own, regardless I'm excited for everything this game is bringing to the table. :)
  • Options
    cyanthedefiledcyanthedefiled Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I will try content from other players. I may try the content creation tool once and see how easy it is.
  • Options
    varitvarit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundry content looks to be one of the best features, and an innovative one. Other games would let people make some things. but this seems to take the best of them all and puts them all together.
  • Options
    illusidorillusidor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am. I would like to see how much creative, players can be with the Foundry content. Imagination is the only limit.
  • Options
    mcdollmcdoll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Without a doubt I will both play, and endeavour to create foundry content.
    I would love to try my hand at remaking old tabletop campaigns and NWN modules in the new system.
    I'd be eager to see how robust the item creation and such is, If it gets close to how the toolset for NWN was then i'll spend the vast majority of my time making stuff methinks.
  • Options
    akilshawakilshaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The ability to play custom scenarios nwn and nwn2 was one of the best parts. That being said, this game isn't exactly like nwn1+2....
  • Options
    kaliwenkaliwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm really excited about the Foundry. I think this is a great way to create a strong community so the people can get involved in the game and that makes a great game even better. Can't wait to taste the adventures of other fellows and to create my own!
  • Options
    thestalker512thestalker512 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Content from players is the most exciting aspect for this game. Dungeons and Dragons is all about player content because without it D&D wouldn't be at the point it is today.

I can't wait to try this game.
  • Options
    falcordragonfalcordragon Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's the main draw for the game to me, well, that and MAKING foundry content :)
  • Options
    angrywookie99angrywookie99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to see what other players create. I've run tabletop campaigns in the past so I'd also like to create an adventure series of quests; maybe pitch 'em to PWE...
  • Options
    sturussturus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A big yes. Hope there will be alot of old remakes. The looks to be great.
  • Options
    lakeeriemonsterslakeeriemonsters Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes I will try content by other players.

Yes I will make content for other players.

I'm hoping to play NW in a permadeath mode and creating custom adventures would be excellent!
  • Options
    raradrararadra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The biggest draw of the first nwn game was being able to make your own content. In fact I met many of the gaming buddies I have today playing neverwinter nights, including meeting my now husband in one of the user created worlds (Original Nordock)

I'll definitely be playing user content and might even try my own hand at creation again :)
  • Options
    takigushitakigushi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be playing user created dungeons for sure!

But I was never a good DM. Maybe I'll pass on creating stuff for other players...
  • Options
    vonaborvonabor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That was what was great about NWN 1 & 2 and this will be no exception. I'm looking forward to playing through the Foundry content... and maybe give creating my own content a shot.
  • Options
    daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I will be playing content that is created by other players in the foundry and also trying my hand at creating some content!
  • Options
    dweezle35dweezle35 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will absolutely be using the foundry. I believe that a large part of the original Neverwinter Nights modding community will step up and once again WOW us with their creativity and content. I also hope to use the foundry to resurrect some old school pen and paper modules that I have laying around so that we can finally "see" what thos places were like. I can't wait.
  • Options
    caticacatica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    I always like sandbox in MMOs and its rarely utilized, plus I think it really holds true for an authentic D&D experience to be able to run content created by other people. I plan on using the foundry to create and run other players works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaecernjaecern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

Yes I will play it for it is the best thing ever happened to an MMORPG. New adventures will bear from it to keep us players occupied (aka satisfied) with new adventures and quests.

P.S: I think it's supposed to be "adventures", and not "adventurers". :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    williamdeathspellwilliamdeathspell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is a big part on why I what to play. I would love to make quest for my twin and I to play together.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    i wait for this game mostly to make content lol.Foundry FTW
  • Options
    bluemoon50bluemoon50 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I will try content by other players! I also want to make my own content as well. Lets see how scary we can make a dungeon shall we??
  • Options
    barq1barq1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The best campaigns in D&D are the ones your friends create. And it is always fun being creative for others to enjoy :)
  • Options
    lordkovenlordkoven Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    absolutely. Community driven events are always great!
  • Options
    morvian3520morvian3520 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You bet I'll play foundry content! I've had a ton of fun playing mods for Baldur's Gate and adventures created by other players for NWN and NWN2. There's a long tradition in DnD games of great player created content and I'm sure this community won't disappoint!

I'll also be creating my own content. I got my first taste of creating content at a summer program at Carnegie Mellon University. We learned to create adventures in NWN2, as well as other things relating to game design. I also created a fair bit of content using the City of Heroes Architect Entertainment system. I always found that system a bit limited though, so what I've heard about the Foundry has me very excited! I'm actually hoping you add a similar system to Champions Online!

Content is major problem most MMOs seem to have. It's difficult for a studio to produce content at a pace that keeps up with the players. I tend to finish everything with two or three characters and then leave the game for awhile until a new update. The Foundry seems to be a great way to prevent that problem by making sure new content is always available. Just don't forget to make your own new content too!

I've loved every Cryptic game I've ever played, and this one seems even better than the others. Keep up the good work guys!
This discussion has been closed.