test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    tmack90tmack90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to play some of the foundry content once Neverwinter goes live. I've been DMing tabletop DnD for a few years now so I imagine I'll also try my hand at making some content also. I look forward to converting some of my own campaigns into Foundry content :-)
  • Options
    pikouepikoue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I will be playing foundry content, that's like having an ever expanding game.
    Creating? I don't know, never been a good storyteller, maybe I will give it a shot with some pals if we came up with something wicked enough to appeal.
  • Options
    harrybalzacharrybalzac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I played a foundry quest during the last beta weekend. It was really cool intro to the drow. So I look fwd to playing more like that. this is teh first MMORPG in a long tiem that I am looking forward to playing!
  • Options
    fixitosisfixitosis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have alot of free time on my hands. The foundry I'm sure will be my best friend on sleepless nights!
  • Options
    snapsyssnapsys Member, Silverstars Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like to roll a couple of toons, one exclusively for official content and one for foundry. would be interesting to see which leveled faster and got better gear etc. and of course ill be using the foundry, its the main reason i want to play this game!
  • Options
    tanithaltanithal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will DEFINITELY be playing and creating content in the Foundry. The Foundry looks amazing and ever since my friends and I have started playing Dungeons and Dragons, we've wanted to make not only our own campaigns, but adventures within video games too.

I'm really really excited for Neverwinter and the Foundry!
  • Options
    m1a1mastergunnerm1a1mastergunner Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most definitely will play content from the Foundry!! Best reason to play a game like this.
  • Options
    ramotedramoted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    cant wait to play ill be playing as a dwarf tank
  • Options
    apothic76apothic76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone ever really win? Bah!
  • Options
    captgrizzcaptgrizz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    of course, why dungeons and dragons without gridding out your dungeon and letting the group find the pit where the beholder hangs out.... oops... spoilers :D

Once I was Grizzlan, but I got promoted :tongue:
  • Options
    torniotornio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    To put it in one simple answer. Yes.

The Foundry is what will set this game apart from any thing else out there in this genre.

Thank you Cryptic, Perfect World and everyone else involved. You are all amazing :)

I can NOT wait!!
    19bat_zps7fc6fad1.png
    // What we do Alive // ToRN \\ Echoes in Eternity \\
    The 19th Battalion
    "Captain's Company"
    [CURRENTLY RECRUITING]
    CAPT.png
  • Options
    solidbrimsolidbrim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    By far one of the most intriguing part of the game. I look forward to playing the foundry levels of others. I may attempt something myself after getting some inspiration from more experienced level designers.
  • Options
    ramotedramoted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    cant wait to play ill be playing as a dwarf tank +i wanna see how this game plays out, second of all i heard this game is gonna epic cant wait to get into beta (i hope)
  • Options
    spherrowspherrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh HECK yes!
    One thing I greatly missed was the ease of use for the Aurora toolset from NWN 1. While the toolset from NWN2 was powerful, it wasn't nearly as easy to use to create our own adventures.
    For me, I intend to play Foundry content as well as develop Foundry content.
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    I plan on experimenting with the Foundry content created by others first to get a feel of how things are and then creating my own Foundry missions myself! :D I can't wait!!
  • Options
    kythereankytherean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course ! And I'll create some stuff too !
  • Options
    xxdeathraiderzxxxxdeathraiderzxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pls pls so so wanted to try this game since alpha :(
  • Options
    duvillduvill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

I'm eager to try both! I would like to create content more though.
  • Options
    moridan369moridan369 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So many games have died out after only a couple months of content. It's the nature of today's MMO gamer. I believe the foundry will greatly extend the like of the game by giving player what they always ask for. More content, fast as possible and high quality.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is someone out there who is going to create some of the most epic adventures we will ever see. If you give someone the hand of a DM then devs can sit back breathe, see their family and focus remaining time on classes/races and future content. Let the devoted gamer create new and inspiring adventures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baejowbaejow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have already played some in the foundry. It is going to be a great part of the game. I do have ideas already myself. Hopefully for some good adventures for others.
  • Options
    crusader2kcrusader2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I will be playing the Foundry Content. I can't wait to get in and start designing things myself. I am currently working on a masters in Computer Science so that hopefully I can be a game designer one day.
  • Options
    xtrahelpxtrahelp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry is definately one of the most innovative things I've seen in an MMORPG, especially one that is exclusively free to play!! I can't wait to see what kind of content the dedicated community can make, and maybe even try my hand with them once I get acquainted with the game.
  • Options
    brewfus7brewfus7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Should be interesting to see what people are going to create, won't be creating anything myself mind you as I've the imagination of a fly, but I will be definitely checking the foundry out.
  • Options
    tristadtristad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One of the biggest draws for me from the entire Neverwinter series was the ability to make my own campaigns and play through content that other people had also created. Just like the D&T days the professionally made content was fun but sometimes the on-the-fly late night creations of a good DM were more enjoyable and kept you going long past when you should've been asleep.
  • Options
    smackphattsmackphatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm definitely looking forward to playing content made from all the DMs in the world. Players are your most renewable content. I'm glad they have a tool to make stories!
  • Options
    mojo907mojo907 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ummm ch'yeah!!! I was a PW creator in NWN, I used both COH's Mission Architect and STO Foundry! If there is a game modder god, I am his unfettering disciple!
  • Options
    lostjawalostjawa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely play content from the Foundry in neverwinter, It's what makes this game a real DnD game. I cant wait to play the great content this community will provide, and will be making my own content to challenge my friends. I really want to see my DM ideas come to life in this game!
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Played two different foundry campaigns during beta and loved them. I count on the foundry being a big part of my play time.

I may try to create some content referring to changes during The Sundering, or perhaps a campaign for more villainous players.
  • Options
    krecovikrecovi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely interested in trying out user created content!
This discussion has been closed.