test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    health002 wrote: »
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    i gotta pee stop please !

Don't make me turn this thread around....woah, deja vu!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    snip

Hey cmpinpointerror - I couldn't help but notice that sexy Community Manager tag above your avatar. Does this mean Cryptic has bid farewell to our long time friend, Stormshade?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Greetings, Adventurers! This is just a friendly reminder to not visit any sites promising Beta key giveaways. Any and all giveaways will be officially both on these forums and the main Neverwinter home page.

If you have not signed up for Beta, register for Neverwinter here for your chance to enter The Forgotten Realms!

Notices his name and and official title

Welcome PinpointError as our new overlor...err CM! :) I'm glad we are having such a forum posting increase in activity from Cryptic and PWE so far and thanks for reminding us to be wary of false beta key traps!

Well folks, you got it from the source now, so stay tuned hopefully for some future goodness soon!

Edit: Ninjaed by Aandre!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Notices his name and and official title

Welcome PinpointError as our new overlor...err CM! ,,,

He is more than overlord.... I remember him in RaiderZ when he was active - basically when beta key giveaways started for closed beta, he kept tabs on all the free keys given to various websites ....

So do you get the connection and his importance? :p

I am not saying, just speculating - specuuulating!
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Are there yet? No! Are we there yet? No! Are we there yet? No! Are we there yet? Maybe. Are we th... er...um...huh?
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tues Jan 8th can't come soon enough I'm assuming that there will be an announcement to coincide with the PC Gamer issue ...purdy puhlease with sugar on top...
    edited January 2013
    Tues Jan 8th can't come soon enough I'm assuming that there will be an announcement to coincide with the PC Gamer issue ...purdy puhlease with sugar on top...

Reminds me of waffles somehow - my first post on these forums was about my fav food :p
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Reminds me of waffles somehow - my first post on these forums was about my fav food :p

Alright, let's all go out to Waffles!

Wait...I think I just took this thread off topic amazingly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have to admit my patience is a thin layer of ice with multiple cracks....
    edited January 2013
    I have to admit my patience is a thin layer of ice with multiple cracks....
    All good things to those who wait...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    True:) patience was a virtue I had my head turned around looking at pretty graphics when it was given out:)

As an aside I've been rewatching the videos both from below in my sig and on the NWO youtube site. Anyone else notice that the trickster rogue looked to be wearing a pirate hat in the Blackdagger ruins lore video:)
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm playing Daggerdale as we speak...herp
    edited January 2013
    umm isn't Daggerdale that awful pc game that people have talked about?
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Alright, let's all go out to Waffles!

Wait...I think I just took this thread off topic amazingly!

Ill take it even further :) would like like some Blue Waffles ?
    edited January 2013

I don't know what is worse: seeing that gross statement or that I know what that horribly gross statement means!

In answer to your question, oh HELL NO! And no *censored* way am I linking that one, so look at your own risk folks and BE WARNED.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I don't know what is worse: seeing that gross statement or that I know what that horribly gross statement means!

In answer to your question, oh HELL NO! And no *censored* way am I linking that one, so look at your own risk folks and BE WARNED.

ROFL thus why i didn't put a link :) just saying it was hard enough !
    edited January 2013
    I have no idea what that means and after Truth's reaction I don't want to know...
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I Googled "Blue Waffles" out of curiosity. Got a result with a picture. I was already <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but I'm even MORE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now. :eek:
    edited January 2013
    umm isn't Daggerdale that awful pc game that people have talked about?

Oh! You haven't played it? Lucky you!

Actually Daggerdale was one of the good games on D&D ever made, however they released it at a throwaway price I thought was a bargain then.

I played it and was surprized a bit at how faithful the mob roles were to 4e.

However, (and sob story starts here) the A-word released the game when it was in pre-alpha stage. Forget polish, it is not even beta tested - riddled with bugs. And if you think how much riddled, think what is maximum you can think of, and then increase it by over 9000!

After that, content is incomplete. They should have included voices, and cleared the weird corners. They had some good scenery which you see for like a few seconds, after spending hours and hours in underground caves of boring repetitive textures.

... blah blah blah and rants...

So Daggerdale was basically released as in pre-alpha version while being advertised as retail.
  • bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2013
    Hey, I just wanted to say, I am looking forward to this game, and hope I get a beta key. :D
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I thought I'd give Daggerdale another shake since last I played it was when it came out...for like 5 minutes then I dogged it. I had to mess with the .ini file because my character turned purple/blue, apparently one of the many bugs in the game. In all honesty, after playing it a bit last night, It reminded me baldur's gate: dark alliance in a way.

It really isn't as bad of a game as people make it out to be, and in a lot of ways, including art to some extent is similar to what I've seen in Neverwinter previews. Give daggerdale 10x more polish, a map, aiming circle, more customization and then slap an mmo tag on it and I think we could call it Neverwinter. It's funny because I joked about this last night but I believe it may be so. Not saying that's bad at all.

forgive my grammar, I'm a beauty school drop out.
    edited January 2013
    ... Give daggerdale 10x more polish, a map, aiming circle, more customization and then slap an mmo tag on it and I think we could call it Neverwinter. It's funny because I joked about this last night but I believe it may be so. Not saying that's bad at all...

Actually what NW would have been if I didn't made a deal with Asmodeus to supply him with kitties in return of A-word exiting the stage. Now you can rest assured (because of the noble sacrifice of the kitties soul), NW would be amazing.

Also, don't forget the only voice-over Daggerdale has - of dwarves saying "Uhhh???" putting the troll tony to shame. Dwarves are supposed to have wisdom, not -1 stat in WIS and INT as they have been shown to be.

ALSO - only four sex and race locked classes - Male dwarven cleric, Male human fighter, Male halfling mage and some Female ranger(elf?).
    edited January 2013
    The dwarves and the voice over was the reason I quit playing my first play through. It would have been best they made no noise and then I could have looked past it first play.

I'm just not going to build this game up in my mind to something it's not, and then be let down. We've been given hardly any details besides it's an action mmo. If I hear Andy or Craig say trickster rogue or control wizard one more time in a video or magazine I'm going to explode, then collect my thoughts and accept it for what it is. Since there is a two handed-weapon fighter we know we'll have at least one other build per class, but I want the longevity of this game to shine and that so far has been one dim light besides foundry.
    edited January 2013
    ...I'm just not going to build this game up in my mind to something it's not, and then be let down...

Takes the tiefling spirit.

Casts Raise

"Tut Tut. Too late now..."
    edited January 2013
    The dwarves and the voice over was the reason I quit playing my first play through. It would have been best they made no noise and then I could have looked past it first play.

I'm just not going to build this game up in my mind to something it's not, and then be let down. We've been given hardly any details besides it's an action mmo. If I hear Andy of Craig say trickster rogue or control wizard one more time in a video or magazine I'm going to explode, then collect my thoughts and accept it for what it is. Since there is a two-weapon fighter we know we'll have at least one other build per class, but I want the longevity of this game to shine and that so far has been one dim light besides foundry.

The article in PC Gamer revealed both the Great Weapon Fighter and the Devoted Cleric:)
    edited January 2013
    Oh! You haven't played it? Lucky you!

Actually Daggerdale was one of the good games on D&D ever made, however they released it at a throwaway price I thought was a bargain then.

I played it and was surprized a bit at how faithful the mob roles were to 4e.

However, (and sob story starts here) the A-word released the game when it was in pre-alpha stage. Forget polish, it is not even beta tested - riddled with bugs. And if you think how much riddled, think what is maximum you can think of, and then increase it by over 9000!

After that, content is incomplete. They should have included voices, and cleared the weird corners. They had some good scenery which you see for like a few seconds, after spending hours and hours in underground caves of boring repetitive textures.

... blah blah blah and rants...

So Daggerdale was basically released as in pre-alpha version while being advertised as retail.
    Yeah I thought I'd give Daggerdale another shake since last I played it was when it came out...for like 5 minutes then I dogged it. I had to mess with the .ini file because my character turned purple/blue, apparently one of the many bugs in the game. In all honesty, after playing it a bit last night, It reminded me baldur's gate: dark alliance in a way.

It really isn't as bad of a game as people make it out to be, and in a lot of ways, including art to some extent is similar to what I've seen in Neverwinter previews. Give daggerdale 10x more polish, a map, aiming circle, more customization and then slap an mmo tag on it and I think we could call it Neverwinter. It's funny because I joked about this last night but I believe it may be so. Not saying that's bad at all.

forgive my grammar, I'm a beauty school drop out.
    Actually what NW would have been if I didn't made a deal with Asmodeus to supply him with kitties in return of A-word exiting the stage. Now you can rest assured (because of the noble sacrifice of the kitties soul), NW would be amazing.

Also, don't forget the only voice-over Daggerdale has - of dwarves saying "Uhhh???" putting the troll tony to shame. Dwarves are supposed to have wisdom, not -1 stat in WIS and INT as they have been shown to be.

ALSO - only four sex and race locked classes - Male dwarven cleric, Male human fighter, Male halfling mage and some Female ranger(elf?).

* Every time that...word is said truth screams in agony until it is too much to bear having the flashbacks. Writing a note pinning it to his clothes, he bangs his head against the wall until he passes out, upon waking if he understands what the note means, he hits his head again passing out until one day, he doesn't understand the note. He unpins it and types it out.*

"To the community. Can you please refer to that game-that-should-not-be-listed-or-spoken as D please? If I remember it, it's too painful!"

Hmm, I wonder what game could be so horribly done that even mentioning it does this? Musta been made by Atari...oh gods, I am SOO Sorry!

*Purifies the area and cries as he sacrifices more kittens to you-know-who for appeasement not to bring...THEM back to publishing any D&D. *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    ... been made by A<beep>...

ok ok! Point taken. Stop torturing me!
  • k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So... January and stuff.

Shouldn't news be flying around the forums?

Ooo, for sweet potatoes and cuddly, fluffy things. I cannot take it any longer.
    edited January 2013
    k44mos wrote: »
    Shouldn't news be flying around the forums?....

An angry mob demands news.

Gill:- So news flies. Right? What also flies?

Villager A:- Paper?
    Villager B:- Very small rocks?
    Villager C:- ... ... cows?

k44mos:- A Dragon!

Gill:- Exactly! So Dragon flies. But what also is one thing dragon is?

Villagers:- scratching head.

Gill:- Have you ever seen one?

Villagers:- No.

Gill:- So what does it means? That dragons .... a-r-e.... ... ... ...

Villager F:- (hesitates) rare?

Gill:- Yes! So what does that means?

Villager A congratulates Villager F
    Villager B:- That news are also rare?

Gill:- YES! Exactly!
    edited January 2013
    I'm just looking forward to reading the new pc gamer magazine. And praying we get more video's to cure my shakes.
This discussion has been closed.