Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    blondmoments3894blondmoments3894 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a question that is still not answered here:
    Will I be able to purchase the Hero of the North Founder's Pack after the game is free-to-play for everyone?
    (I want to play the game for a while before I commit to $200-worth of content.)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    laerun1, I hope you have had you question answered by now! There is a Blue Icon next to the Map Zone which will allow you to choose to switch instances!

blondmoments3894,
    It should be available after launch but details on that are vague even within the company. I can assure you that we will give notice before the packs are taken down though!

Of course don't forget there are various sites giving out Beta Keys and not all have been claimed yet! There are still about 5 hours left in which you can try out the game.
    One I have saved is Alienware but Gamestop and a few others still have them as far as I know. Do some searching and you should be able to try out the game today!
  • Options
    sgj0k3rsgsgj0k3rsg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    laerun1, I hope you have had you question answered by now! There is a Blue Icon next to the Map Zone which will allow you to choose to switch instances!

blondmoments3894,
    It should be available after launch but details on that are vague even within the company. I can assure you that we will give notice before the packs are taken down though!

Of course don't forget there are various sites giving out Beta Keys and not all have been claimed yet! There are still about 5 hours left in which you can try out the game.
    One I have saved is Alienware but Gamestop and a few others still have them as far as I know. Do some searching and you should be able to try out the game today!

The beta was fantastic for the time which I was able to play. I just wish I had known sooner about the packs. Which leads me to the suggestion of allowing purchase of the packs till at least a month before official release. I know in my case I want the Hero of The North pack but need to wait a week or two till I have the proper savings for it and I am sure I am not the only one.

Thank you for the awesome responses. The quality of everything overall is superb.
  • Options
    valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Characters what made on beta weekend 3, will be deleted? So when NWN come in alpha state, we must start it again?
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    sgj0k3rsg,

You mean a month after launch? Either way I know you're not the only one in that situation. No worries though you should have time and I am glad you enjoyed the game!

valkyr92,

If there isn't another Closed Beta Test then yes those characters will be deleted. However Alpha comes before Beta. In greek alpha is A and beta is B. If there isn't another Closed Beta Test the game with either be in Open Beta Testing or full launch. Cryptic hasn't given out any information on what is coming next yet.
  • Options
    sgj0k3rsgsgj0k3rsg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My apologies, yes I meant after launch and thank you.
  • Options
    dakemansdakemans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Owh .... iF the character will be deleted, How about the item i've ben gather and about item from the foundry pack??? :(
  • Options
    killavirus6killavirus6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    because the 3rd beta weekend has finished will you be wiping the characters ?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    As far as we know, at this time, Closed Beta hasn't ended.

There will be a Character Wipe after the Closed Beta but that is all we have been told as of now.
  • Options
    vaultarionvaultarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is there any news about when Open Beta will begin, or (If there isn't an open beta) Launch might be? I heard from sources that it was supposed to be launched in Q1, the first Quarter - or first 3 months - of the year. Yet as it is the 26th, I am guessing plans have probably changed. I so wish I could be part of the team, or very least the Alpha testing group.. My need to know is great!!
  • Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited March 2013
    Okay as I'm sitting here making my brain overload.....Each Neverwinter player who didnt buy any packs I hear get 2 Character Slots. The pack I bought (59.99) granted me 1 slot..which is why I saw 3. The Ultimate Pack of 199.99 gives you 3 Character slots. The FAQs says that the Founders Packs can stack. Which means that if I buy the 199.99 pack, my Character slots go up to 6.

At this moment 5 Classes are announced (Great Weapons Fighter, Guardian, Cleric, Control Wizard, and Rogue)

Myself I've played all 3 beta weekends. Rogue, then Wizard, then GWF and let me say; OMG I love each class.

A lot of RPGs I play (Diablo 2, Diablo 3, and Torchlight 2, Dungeon Seige 3) I end up creating a character for each Class Type and either level them all up at once thru Acts/Levels (I will create a class level him to 10, create new class level to 10 etc) and perhaps eventually land on a Class.

Where am I going with this? Well if I decide to buy the 199.99 I have 1 spare slot for Cryptics' next announced class; which leaves me to wonder...what then?

Items in bold are the true questions of this thread (thanks)

Do you think its possible that the Zen Market will eventually have the ability to buy an additonal Character Slot for X amount of money?
    And is there a Character slot cap at the start of launch? That said, meaning if I could buy an additional Character Slot at launch whats the cap per account....10?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As far as we know, at this time, Closed Beta hasn't ended.

There will be a Character Wipe after the Closed Beta but that is all we have been told as of now.

I hope it has not! The people with E3 and PAX Passes have not yet been provided with beta key! (Though free keys were available freely last beta and some were even left over).
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Open Beta: No news. Anything you heard was a complete rumor. There is nothing announced officially.

The Zen market absolutely will have account slots. There is no news on if there is a limit.

PAX and other Convension key participants absolutely did get into the Beta. Check out the updated Beta Weekend Details. ;)
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    SECTION VII - ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

We hope that this FAQ was useful! If your question isn't answered here, please feel free to create a post. While we may not be able to answer every question, we will definitely try to answer as many as possible.

See you in the Forgotten Realms!

Where is there a detailed keyboard map for functions?

What are the public and private channels for chat?

Which buttons in the chat window toggle back and forth?

Are there optional buttons to send tells?

Where are the items in my $20 starter pack located?

Why did I not get in game mail concerning the above question?

Sorry if I missed any already in the very nice FAQ thanks.
  • Options
    sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like to know what class role the two unique panther and direwolf companions belong to. Are they both strikers?
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • Options
    gogolirngogolirn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sorry im new here, is there a weapon appearance system where i can reskin a dagger to look like a sword ?
  • Options
    dbytesdbytes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Missed the Beta Weekends .. will the founders kits still be available after official start? I would like to try before buying a Founders kit.
  • Options
    hesahesa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    I thought they might have to, in spite of what was said previously. Not for server load, which is pretty easy to split up onto multiple servers, but for latency. With this being Cryptic's most action-oriented game, it's also their most latency-sensitive. With someone in Australia playing on a server in east coast USA, you'd be looking at about 200ms round trip latency just due to the laws of physics, even in ideal circumstances with direct point-to-point fiber, which doesn't actually exist.

And you can't solve this by using multiple servers in multiple locations merged into one virtual server, because you could have Americans playing in groups with Australians, and their instance would have to be hosted on one server located some specific place.

I think its going to be like it is/was beta weekends with one big server and different instance on the server. Being you can chat and party with everyone but will have to change instance to the same one they are on if you want to run around with them.
  • Options
    jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nicely done, your missing the mage there tho :)

What about the classes?

We've already confirmed the Guardian Fighter, Devoted Cleric, Great Weapon Fighter, and Trickster Rogue, but we plan to announce more soon.

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
  • Options
    gamercygamercy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    well it's worth the wait .. I trust PWE/Cryptic that they will make this true F2P like they did with STO :)
    Thank you for the extended FAQ
  • Options
    darcilondarcilon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So in the founders front page (http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack) the Guardian pack has the icon of "VIP access", which is described in details of the hero pack like this "VIP GAME ACCESS, When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)". And even though the same vip access icon is in the front page, this is not mentioned in the guardian pack details, the only thing there is the early access. Is the login queue vip access included or not in the guardian pack? Quite annoying fraud to use the vip access icon in the frontpage if it is not in fact included in the guardian pack, or if it is, why the heck isn't it mentioned in the details?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, I never noticed that before...

In any case if you hover your mouse over those selections both of them say what is included by that:
    -Access to all three beta weekends
    -Five day early access
    -Weekend invite for a friend
    -Access to all three beta weekends
    -Three day early access

It doesn't mean VIP Access in the log-in queue, that is a separate detail described within the Hero of the North Package. It's referring to the VIP Access to the beta tests. In other words you're going to get to partake in every beta and such by being a founder. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Updated the pesky lack of wizard. Let us know if you catch anything else out of date and I'll run it past the CM's to get added.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Updated the pesky lack of wizard. Let us know if you catch anything else out of date and I'll run it past the CM's to get added.

You mean like the lack of Half-Orcs? http://nw.perfectworld.com/about/races
  • Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited April 2013
    So the Founders Packs wont be available after Open Beta begins right?....thus meaning all Founders Packs expire April 29th-ish.

My question......will we know what price via Zen of how much an additional Character Slot will be, before April 29th?

Like my previous post....I'm typing my thinking now....So every person has a limit of 2 Slots per account, +1 if you paid 59.99 or +3 if you paid 199.99 They will stack...so my 3 can now be 6 if I buy the 199.99 pack. If it turns out that a Character slot is like in theory ~ $20.00 USD and I only have 3 to start the game... I'll need to pay $40.00 to try all classes at start for 5..and..99% of all MMO's really have a Character Capacity of 10 (I havent found a game that had more) so an additional $100.00 will need to be provided for each additional slot to reach my Capacity....$100+40=$140...I may as well buy the Founders Pack of 199.99 as not only will I get my 3 Character Slots for free (included in price) but also a few other things that are defintely worth-while :)

On the other hand if the price of an additional Character Slot is...in a sense ~$9.99 USD; I may bypass on Pack

So yeah....Will we know the price of an additional Character slot before April 29th? LOL otherwise, I guess thats a nice tactic guys...a way to siphon money from me before Open Beta begins LOL. Dont get me wrong; I absolutely love this game to death. But I have placed in $110.00 so far....Pack+Zen...right there is your typical standardized price for a Collectors Game that isnt an MMO...add 199.99=$309.00 and the game isnt even launched yet LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    You mean like the lack of Half-Orcs? http://nw.perfectworld.com/about/races

I have absolutely no control on that one however I do know that's all being taken care of.
    Let me know about any errors in this FAQ ;)

I am sorry Darkhawk978 but I have no answers to any of your questions. I'll pass them on but no promises. :(
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry because this probably a pretty obvious question, but I promise I have used the search function:

Was it ever confirmed anywhere that the companions were 'per character' or is it just something we have figured as the case?

The reason it only struck me to think about this now is because when you buy a mount with zen, it is account wide. When you get a companion, it is on that character only. I flipped through this FAQs and then a few of the "founder's pack worth it?" topics, but nothing that really came across as a "confirmation" that the companions will be on every character (I have seen a lot of users claim this to be the case however). I would love someone to prove me wrong.

edit: it was obvious, I see it now. I had to scroll over the picture on the page with the 3 packs and read that tooltip. Question answered.
  • Options
    lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So confused! as much as I hate the hair in the game I need an mmo I can be a healer....and I like Perfect World/Cryptic SO! I want to get a Founders pack!! the 60$ one comes with a wolf companion~ am curious do these companion pets fight with us?

Oh also curious how classes work!? is there a mana system (hate those but wont stop me from buying) and can a cleric played as ranged and do some decent heals? and will the item mall offer any pretty costumes!? So wanna play an elf cleric in a pretty robe >.>
  • Options
    athalel1athalel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am in a multi national clan and was wondering, can those who have bought the US version of the founders pack play on the EU servers or the other way around, if I buy the EU version (or pay by €) play on the US server?

I couldn't find an answer for this in the FAQ
  • Options
    killermoth7killermoth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have the founders pack and i downloaded the game but when i try to connect to login server it say connection to login server failed
This discussion has been closed.