test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    galironsyr wrote: »
    So I'm a huge Drizzt fan and I really want the Drizzt related founder's content, but I'm perfectly fine waiting for the game to be released. That said I don't want to pay extra money for the beta access through the founder's pack, but I want the majority of the other things. Is it at all possible that they will be selling the renegade, panther, and mount, etc. outside of that pack specifically?

The post launch plans for the pack haven't been finalized yet.
  • Options
    galironsyrgalironsyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for letting me know with such a timely response ambisinisterr. As fan of R. A. Salvatore and many other authors that work for Wizards of the Coast, I'd have to say that there are likely many out there that would be disappointed to come too late to the party to get a chance at that Drizzt content. I was just talking to a friend of mine and he didn't know about the beta until a few days ago and its likely that many others out there that would have jumped on the chance will have been too late.
  • Options
    mestamesta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is there a region lock? If I am stationed in Germany but I want to play on U.S. servers with
    my friends, is this possible?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    There are region locks for locations such as China but I believe you should be able to play either on the English, German or French Servers regardless of your location.

I'll try to get an answer from a staff member one way or the other as soon possible. That is a question fit to be in the FAQ for sure :D
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mesta wrote: »
    Is there a region lock? If I am stationed in Germany but I want to play on U.S. servers with
    my friends, is this possible?
    Region lock, also called list of disabled region can be seen here:-
    https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1635/~/%22disabled-region%22-message-when-registering-for-an-account

A few of these may be different for NW, but this list is the base for all PWE games.

The regions are disabled because of administrative reasons or because of localization of game in that region which should not compete with thi version.
  • Options
    yinfinityyinfinity Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    okay, just a minor question that is kind of a big deal for me. is each class limited to one weapon? everything i've seen has shown rogues using only daggers, guardian fighters using only one handed sword and shield, etc. is this the way the game is going to be? will my rogue not be able to use axes? will my guardian not be able to use a mace? does my guardian have to use a shield? that seems like a huge limitation to the uniqueness of any given character.
  • Options
    rictor77rictor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First, I hope this is on topic. I'm a new user and I can't create a thread yet. I checked the FAQ's here, but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. I play left all games with the mouse in my left hand and use the numpad keys for hot keys. Is it possible to bind everything to the numpad keys? I'm fairly certain you can remap "q", "e" or "r" but what about left control or tab keys which are used by classes - can I remap these keys also?

Thank you very much. This is the only info holding me back from purchasing the founder's pack!
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously.":)
  • Options
    smurffett619smurffett619 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    how do I get my beta key,cause it is asking me for a code?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    yinfinity wrote: »
    okay, just a minor question that is kind of a big deal for me. is each class limited to one weapon?

There are multiple weapon appearances but at this point in time they seem few and far between. However this is only Beta and with my own experience in developing content I can tell you weapon appearances would be the absolute last feature I would care about. As many people as there are posting threads about this issue it sure beats having to deal with feedback about each individual weapon when the developer's focus is more on gameplay, mechanics, reward and other feedback.

rictor77 wrote: »
    First, I hope this is on topic. I'm a new user and I can't create a thread yet. I checked the FAQ's here, but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. I play left all games with the mouse in my left hand and use the numpad keys for hot keys. Is it possible to bind everything to the numpad keys? I'm fairly certain you can remap "q", "e" or "r" but what about left control or tab keys which are used by classes - can I remap these keys also?

Thank you very much. This is the only info holding me back from purchasing the founder's pack!

Basically all keys should be able to be remapped but note the game uses WASD for movement. I wouldn't think the number pad would be ideal.

I tried to convince another left handed friend (after telling her to stop being ambisinister and learn to be ambidextrous) that the best method would likely be to map the keys in revers. IJKL for movement, UOP for abilities and \, right shift and then use left control.
    She refused and used the arrow keys and complained she had to constantly lift her hand to use the Control, Shift and Power Keys >.<

But eh, that's coming from an ambidextrous right handed person who truly can't fathom the difficulty of using off hands. I am admittedly biased.

how do I get my beta key,cause it is asking me for a code?

You would need to get a Beta Key through a promotional giveaway or Founder's Pack Purchase. I know Gamespot, Logitech and NVidia are giving away keys as a promotion at the current time.
  • Options
    ajthewajthew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have downloaded the client from the website, but when I click the neverwinter "N" icon, my download speed is zero kb a second. Can you think of any reasons this may be? I have a beta key and would really like to be able to play, but I can't get the actual game to download. Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I have seen a lot of low download speed reports in the last day and I am not entirely sure why. Could simply be that the servers are flooded. You can try using the torrent download instead.

Do more there are two more days until anybody can play anyway so there is some time to spare. You aren't missing anything other than staring at a pretty girl next to a login icon.
  • Options
    picard99picard99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So i got invitation to beta weekend and didnt get a key? i have to buy some packs to get a key? Didnt sto lifetimers get the key?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Not all means of gaining access require a key. For instance Founders Packs have their beta access applied directly at purchase with no need of a key.
    I'm not 100% positive but I believe all STO and CO Lifetimer's simply gain access automatically in the same manner.

Check your Beta Status and then do the Picard double facepalm ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Basically all keys should be able to be remapped but note the game uses WASD for movement. I wouldn't think the number pad would be ideal.

I tried to convince another left handed friend (after telling her to stop being ambisinister and learn to be ambidextrous) that the best method would likely be to map the keys in revers. IJKL for movement, UOP for abilities and \, right shift and then use left control.
    She refused and used the arrow keys and complained she had to constantly lift her hand to use the Control, Shift and Power Keys >.<

But eh, that's coming from an ambidextrous right handed person who truly can't fathom the difficulty of using off hands. I am admittedly biased.

It's so odd, I only use my left hand to play PC games or sometimes in a pool game or to eat. Other than that, I'm predominantly right handed. I know that control may be a minor issue, but for me it's paramount. Thank you by the way for the quick reply.
    I will go the same route as your friend and use the arrow keys for movement and the numpad along with the pageup/down and home/end keys for abilities.
    You mentioned that, "she had to constantly lift her hand to use the Control, Shift and Power Keys."
    Is it because those keys cannot be remapped? I'd like to use right shift (for shift powers like divine power and block) and right control.(Not sure what ctrl is the default for) Basically I can't use any keys on my left hand just the mouse lol Is this possible?

Thanks again. OH, I can't write with my left though ;/
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ajthew wrote: »
    I have downloaded the client from the website, but when I click the neverwinter "N" icon, my download speed is zero kb a second. Can you think of any reasons this may be? I have a beta key and would really like to be able to play, but I can't get the actual game to download. Thanks for any help!

This happened to me also. Windows was blocking the download via its firewall. I just had to click "OK" and all was good. This is on Windows 8 btw. You can also try downloading it via a torrent.
  • Options
    shelkikarshelkikar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    is it ok if i redeem key after i download the game . and can i enter the game then.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Rictor77,
    They should be able to be used but there are also some other features which can't be re-mapped such as pressing "Shift 1" to "need" on loot and such.
    But the biggest issue I see with her frankly silly set-up is that the game is an action combat game. You will be moving nonstop while casting abilities. The reason WASD is the gaming default rather than arrow keys is that they surrounded by other keys. Whether it's this game or some other game you can access other important features without compromising your movement.

The game's default settings had players constantly using QWERASDF Tab, Shift and Ctrl keys. That's 11 keys which are used extremely often. The arrow keys on the other hand are in the middle of nowhere. There's no way to replicate all the actions you will be required to do in that location on a standard keyboard.

shelkikar,
    It's fine to apply a key after you download the game. Keys are bound to your account so if you don't have one it will simply not let you play the game.
    However since the servers won't be accessible until 12 PM Friday PDT you still wouldn't be able to log into the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you again amb! I'm in the beta for tomorrow...sooo I'll be adjusting my keys and see how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply, again.
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited March 2013
    Don't they have some left-handed versions of gamepads (game pads like Logitech's G13, although they only have a "right-handed" version of that).
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    legumescenouralegumescenoura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you are not allowed to play now? i need access plz
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    12 PM PDT. Two and a half hours to go. ;)
  • Options
    km7563km7563 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    haven't received my one-time code in the e-mail yet. the client is dl'd and i can log in. just waiting on that code....
  • Options
    dub09dub09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    same as km ^
  • Options
    psy737psy737 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    same problem here...i got the mail with the code after 1 hr, reinstalled the game, typed the code, but i got "one time code failure"...guess i'll have to wait more...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Please check this thread and follow the troubleshooting steps. Sorry for the inconvenience it is being looked into.

Hopefully this can be solved on your end, again sorry, but if not support is running through the tickets as fast as they can.
  • Options
    legumescenouralegumescenoura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    one-time code... and try again later?
  • Options
    shaanrishaanri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So i installed the game, put the code on the website..but whenever i try to login on the launcher it crashes instantly.
  • Options
    n3bul4n3bul4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I activated my BETA-Key 2 times, and always got the congratulations-message. First i also had an account error. Later i could patch the launcher and included game clients, but couldn't find Neverwinter in the available games, only Startrek Online and Champions Online. What do i have to do now ? I wrote a ticket, but have to wait 24 hours in the worst case, then the beta weekend is nearly done and i had none of it :(

anybody to help plz ?

greetz n3bul4
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    one-time code... and try again later?
    This has been resolved by now, correct? :)
    shaanri wrote: »
    So i installed the game, put the code on the website..but whenever i try to login on the launcher it crashes instantly.
    Strange. Have you tried contacting support?
    n3bul4 wrote: »
    I activated my BETA-Key 2 times, and always got the congratulations-message. First i also had an account error. Later i could patch the launcher and included game clients, but couldn't find Neverwinter in the available games, only Startrek Online and Champions Online. What do i have to do now ? I wrote a ticket, but have to wait 24 hours in the worst case, then the beta weekend is nearly done and i had none of it :(

anybody to help plz ?

greetz n3bul4

In the Launcher click Options in the Top Right Corner. Then Click "All Games."
    That's the only possible solution I could think of. Let me know if it works.
  • Options
    laerun1laerun1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How do I connect to my freind in the same session? I added him to my party but we do not reside in the same instance or the same server?
This discussion has been closed.