What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options

urabask said:

ravenskya said:

-Since healers can't progress without being carried - there is an extreme shortage of them to get into the new dungeons and higher level content

There's a shortage of healers because new players go straight for DPS toons. Support characters are in shortage in every MMO.

Most of what you're complaining about has nothing to do with the key change too. It has more to do with problems that have been there for years and no one complained about them until the key change because apparently getting 1 extra piece of salvage (and an artifact every 200+ runs) was enough to make all these problems bearable.
    naw, a lot of the support classes are alts of people that main dps. I have alts that I use on dungeon runs when needed. I can see my dc is needed for the new content but for the life of me I cannot get the enthusiasm up to run it thru all the dps dailies needed to get fbi opened to it. they really need some alternative means to get there for the healers/buffers and tanks. missions that focus on the skills these critters have or have a free pass for support. maybe a free pass for support if you have a dps toon who has cleared it. If I were maining a dc or tank I'm not sure I'd not be skipping these last two mods anyway or maybe I'd have fired up a dps to run instead. it's a real problem imo
    Its an easy fix.....once you completely clear a campaign allow any of your characters to restart the campaign for any of your alts and also allow the transfer of campaign currency.

EX: my DPS has cleared dread ring. I can select an alt (lets say DC) while still logged into my DPS and complete the campaign with my DPS but it credits my DC.

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    @kalindra

Enchantments have sale value as well as RP, not much initially though over time it adds up and this is where the "get rich quick" players come in and try to stomp all over it. If it takes someone THAT long to pick up things in a dungeon... and if they are skipped it's "free" AD or RP overlooked to be complained about later (on the forums for one).

So it's the developers fault they have created an ENTIRE game and players pick and choose a few aspects of it then when they don't get their way they lose interest? Again those players have consciously limited themselves and are paying the price for it, which is them not enjoying the game. Just because some players opt out of pertinent aspects of the game doesn't mean that the game should be catered to them (don't leave the flock to go after a few of the herd).

Your opinion of the same players getting drops doesn't negate the amount of different players that are getting drops, again just because players haven't personally seen as of yet doesn't mean it's not happening yet they continue to try and make the argument that it's not happening based on a personal perception in spite of the evidence being put out there daily. Whether the preview version is running different from live or not (to what extent?) more players are clearly getting more drops and trying to argue that artifact prices have dropped due to something other than that is essentially silly.

I'm referring to the players threatening that they will play other games and simply ask why don't they play those games and leave Neverwinter behind, the answer being obvious (they can't leave Neverinter alone).

Again, periodically posting a lfg zone message takes a few moments and active Guilds/Alliances should alleviate the time consumption of daily quests for Tanks/Healers. If players in either one of those are NOT willing to assist Tanks/Healers progress in their campaigns, etc. knowing that they are important/vital parts of groups THAT there is the problem and again I state players (overall) need to align themselves with a productive Guild/Alliance, loyalty or no loyalty to anything previous that has failed them. If players choose to stay "loyal" to something that isn't supporting them in return that is their choice and probably shouldn't complain about the results...
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    After the key change has been live for a while, here is my resumee: after the first ten dungeon runs, I got three items of 150IL gear and an orcus shard. "Not bad, I like the change", was my first thought. But that was a few weeks ago. Although I continue to run several dungeons and skimishes every day, I got nothing at all after the first four items. 95% of my reward in T1/T2 is now the guaranteed blue (T1) or purple (T2) item and the guaranteed seals. The other 5% have an additional R5 enchantment. Same with skirmishes like Kessel or Tuern. I never got anything special from Master of the Hunt or Dread Legion. No +5 ring from Throne or PoM. In CN, I get pretty often a R8 enchantment and a 6k refinement piece of armor (from the right chest), but that's it. Bad RNG for me, I suppose.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    10 times better droprate is just 10 times better RNG. But if RNG was bad as hell its still bad with 10 times better chances. Thats my opinion.

• Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    worth a mention I guess, received my second ever +5ring on a quick morning CN. rising lifesteal, not quite what I had in mind but I needed any +4 or +5 from there so I can start using my lillend, feeling pretty good. there was a quick maintenance the other day, makes me wonder if there are constant tweaks on drop rates.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    kalindra said:

In fact, try the some people to help you farming IWD, or to get into eDemo with char to get your twisted nowadays, or into tiamat to complete your boons with a toon

Seriously? PC has edemo runs all the time in LFG and alliances run them all the time too. Not that you should be wasting your time on a twisted set with the mod 11 weapons so close.
    kalindra said:

Since in almost every case you find an "demonic flight / escape" encounter first in every instance, which nobody ever does, you're at about 20-30 minutes there - for each character who has reached that campaign!

Or you could just pay attention to chat and get an invite for slaughter. This is also only true in DR really because of the size of the map and spacing of the encounters.
    kalindra said:

Items go out of fashion, especially after changes to classes or even an anouncement of nerfs or better equip;
    additionally some big wigs might have given up market control or most of the buyers now have what they wanted, while the sellers keep on farming.

This isn't true and you know it. The orcus set is BiS for three classes. They're DPS classes too so they make up a good portion of the player population. The only reasonable explanation for the price drop is an increase in supply.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    @kalindra

Maximizing inventory space is one of the smartest/simplest things to do in Neverwinter (quest, get 3 bags, save AD, buy/replace bags). Choosing to hoard refinement vs not doing so is a choice and a number of players choose to hoard which in turn directly effects how much space they have to carry other items as well as not obtaining/upgrading bags.

ALL players deal with "administration effort" (inventory space according to how they play/amount of total inventory space and traveling to zones), it's not solely a few and not just support classes. It still goes back to being in an active, supportive Guild/Alliance, if players within are not willing to assist support classes that they more than likely NEED in a dungeon then an even bigger problem lies there, not the fault of the game or if players choose to remain in an unsupportive Guild/Alliance with misplaced loyalty, that's not the fault of the game either.

Support classes CHOOSING to run alone meaning not periodically posting a zone message and or aligning themselves with a supportive Guild/Alliance, those two acts are choices, again, not the fault of the game but rather player choice/the in-game community.

So the Shard of Orcus' Wand has gone out of fashion? LoL

A few have experienced increased loot? LoL

Demonic encounters can be completed with few players. Escape can be completed with 1-2 characters depending on the class, and can EASILY be triggered and failed in less than a minute by someone currently without penalty instead of waiting the full 15 minute timer yet players STILL stand around at the other two, switch instances and some complain about waiting, those players lazy much?

High value drop meaning something other than an enchantment or the "minimal" rewards for completing a heroic encounter. The salvage value alone from the example is worth more than the "regular" heroic rewards combined.

About dungeons/zones "going out of fashion", pretty much ALL dungeons are STILL being ran especially since most if not all dungeons have new loot (high ilvl equipment, etc.) and zones are STILL being ran (I go to IWD pretty much everyday and see lots of characters running around and players looking for groups)... With Tiamat/Linu's favor the winter festival was extending at least another week and fishing granted items that could be traded in for Linu's favor, a number of players took advantage of this and got enough for those boons...

It's pretty much all about choices and what a player is willing to do to achieve the desired outcome(s), trying to blame the game when some simple gestures/effort can yield the results a number of players are trying to achieve is quite silly.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    dont forget, some players took time look for help for hours when no one else would help those for older zones such as Rothe Valley or Mts Hotenow seem unsoloable on stroyline quests for specific classes.
    i do have few old "group quests", for example, Idris and few other quests that got removed since some i cant do due to specific levels required to get in and ran it, they dont allow overlevel characters.

that was major flaws of the game when they made easy to level outpaced the storylines and make you skip to move on to next areas.

EQ2 has it lot better with "retro-down" level when hailing npc to scale down and get in to finish the quests or got help as "mentorship" with lower level players to play at thier level instead of your current levels. there is no reward of the content already greyed out, so this retro/mentor really help to get that exclusive loot that you were looking for.

it is ashame most storyline quests are oneshot deals and you cant go back in, and that Maze engine unlock only for those quests for specific reason. i do want to go back to Rothe Valley and kill that spider again, and look for chest piece for GF.
    you cant do it unless you find someone who have existing quests and get it shared.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I still believe the loot does not equal the value of the keys, here is a screen, ran cn, right chest, legendary key and this loot is bad:http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Suns Tip/screenshot/5873859

Maybe that necklace refinement thing has some value but what I see in this chest is basically 2500 AD. A fine reward if it was free to open that chest but a big loss for taking my legendary key. I just paid to run this dungeon...smh

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    If keys were to at least break even all the time then they might as well be free and what sense would that make. It's not pay to run dungeons, players are allowing themselves a chance at better loot, nothing more, nothing less.

• Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @sundance777
    On ps4
    Like i said before, first week update, i "only" dropped wand from Orcus + a lifesreal ring +5....

And then absolutely nothing interesting since them...

Then this week end we had x2 refinement and i was very low in da and in need of rp materials...

in two days i dropped
    - an other orcus wand from orcus sold 1100000 da
    - tiamat neck artifact from tiamat sold 360000 da
    - tiamat orb from Malabog sold 300000 da
    ( no farming just 1 try a day)

This game is weird it gave me what i needed exactly when i needed it the most $_$

I dont farm anymore, 1 cn, 2 POM and some dunjeons if i have keys...

In my experience farming is useless.

You can do 1 cn per day and get a wand or do 20 and get nothing...

In the end, i dont buy keys and i craft only if i have ressources otherwise i just dont play exept for cam"pain"

I stocked every rp materials i had since black friday last x2 event and bought feeders and runes with the sells of my recent drops...
    It allowed me to max my second hand, 2 artifacts, my belt and my 3 bonding from r10 to r11 during the last week end :)

I'm not saying things are ok like they are now, just sharing my experience good or bad as usual.
    I know many players arent that lucky sadly...

For one guy like me there is 1000 who get nothing at all...

PS : i didnt spend a single dollar and i didnt even do skirmish and dunjeons everyday...
    I have so many da from salvage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from cn ect that i have 1500000 raw da so i dont neeed to run dunjeons or skirmish for da.
    ( i sell every blue ring for 1650da at ah, they go 5s, since we get many of actually it's a lot of da not raw daa
    in the end)

It feels good no to have to run things just for da, i do that for loot only and only when i feel like it.

In the end it paid, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the farming !
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    damn i dont know why my posts get erased when edit them... too lazy to write my post again
  • Options
    I agree there are big drops available and that is great, I need some of those some day too.

My point is the chest says this is a reward for my efforts(meaning time and energy to run the dungeon) but the reward is less value than the key to access the reward. I am fine with that on a lockbox lotto tickets but not fine with that for a run...I should be rewarded or able to decide if the reward is worth the cost of the key.

In that case the reward is a loss of about 15K AD by opening the chest and that is not victorious.

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    A reward is not a loss when it is optional...

If the chests are not empty and contain something that is the reward for your efforts, it's not like players are doing it themselves... there are other group members putting in effort as well, some still are being carried and now the carried have to spend keys to open chests.

With the new equipment drops Guilds have more of a choice whether to build marketplace 4 for dragonflight gear, sooner, later or at all and with Strongholds being bugged (can't set to "invite only" as intended) Guilds can focus on boons instead of structures that can be exploited by other Guilds within the Alliance who don't share the effort of gathering resources but would utilize it when built.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    My advice on the matter is DONT buy keys, it's absolutely not worth it and don't farm
    The more people will not buy it, the more maybe Cryptic will change the way they do things...

First week of key update : orcus wand and +5 lifesteal ring both on CN ( wand on free chest, ring in the "key" chest.

Since that day from every dunjeon or skirmish i runned only pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as reward...

Since the last black friday x2 event i stored every single piece of rp materials earned with dragon hoard and fey enchants and wanderer fortune.

I did that because i knew i won't get anything from dunjeons so refining was my only way of improving my gear...

And then last week end, i did got
    - orcus wand on CN sold 1100000
    - tiamats necklace on timat sold 360000
    - tiamat orb on malabog (lol) sold 300000
    (No farming just on run each)
    These drops came the day i needed them the most for x2 rp event...

Thee drops plus all the rp stuff i stored allowed me to to max 2 artifacts, belt artifact, second hand weapon and my 3 bonding runes from r10 to r11

Many weeks ago, i totally changed how i play this game. No more farming dunjeons, old cam"pain" daylies, ect...

1 CN, 1 or 2 POM, a dunjeon if i have a key and icewindale daylies only...

From the little i run, i sell every blue ring for 1650da for real da and no raw da, in the end it's something ^^

I don't buy keys, i don't run daylies for key crafting...

I 'm not runing anymore dunjeons and skirmish for raw DA, i don't need it anymore, salvaging everything like purple useless stuff and i have around 1500 0000 raw da so i just change 36k everyday and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the daily da farming xD

I was lucky with my recent drops and for one lucky guy like me 1000 struggle without good drops...
    And that's not fair at all...

My advice is, run a few dunjeons if you have keys, don't farm them it's useless...

For exemple, i fish 20 min everyday i get 1 or 2 bottlesat the very least.
    My friend used 121 krills yesterday and go 0 bottles xD
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    These drop rates have turned to further disappointment. I just tallied 200 runs, which include msva, fbi, all t2 dungeons, all t1 dungeons and skirmishes and have received nothing but salvage. Of those runs on 30 pieces of salvage off a boss kill. Now I know people still have luck and it is evident as I constantly have to fake smile at others success when really I'm thinking what the heck. Is MY rng this bad? I've since quit crafting campaign keys minus relic as I hear it's good for spell plague but as far as legendary dragon keys, just no.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Did the math on a normal VT run - lost AD on every key. The salvage wasn't even enough to buy another epic dungeon key if I wanted one. Yup - a lowest level piece of salvage and some seals of the elements - that's it.

MOST of the chests do not give you the value for the key. Granted there is still the lotto factor of "you might get lucky" but even then you can't sell what you pull because it's all bound to account now. Whoo Hoo I got a green sellsword out of a chest - BIG WIN FOR ME! AND she's bound to account, I can't even sell her to make the AD to buy a legendary dragon key.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Drop rates need to change, people just stopped running lostmauth, only run CN when they have a key, run shores and kessels for the free chest, and run valindras and rage quit and play something else when they get seals and a crappy 115 ilvl helmet.

Bumping them up for a week or two and dropping them right back down is making people quit the game.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    it was turning into casino with nasty rng. Neverwinter as a Dungeonmaster, became so stingy, no players like any cheap miser DMs, they would leave for other and better DM who understood what is "Entertainment" means.
  • Options

I just quit running anything. This situation is pure hamster. Imagine if your DM charged you 50 bucks to open the chest at the end of his dungeon. He would not be a DM for long.

It has been a while since I have seen some old school D&D with dice and paper maps but I don't recall having to buy keys for the reward at the end...either way I am going to start using this on the neighborhood kids, after they mow my lawn I will tell them their payment is optional and if they want a chance to be paid for their efforts they can pay me $15 then I can reward them with $5....

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

I just quit running anything. This situation is pure hamster. Imagine if your DM charged you 50 bucks to open the chest at the end of his dungeon. He would not be a DM for long.

It has been a while since I have seen some old school D&D with dice and paper maps but I don't recall having to buy keys for the reward at the end...either way I am going to start using this on the neighborhood kids, after they mow my lawn I will tell them their payment is optional and if they want a chance to be paid for their efforts they can pay me $15 then I can reward them with $5....
    I'm actually surprised that you let the neighborhood kids ON your lawn in the first place...

• Options
    Free key per day, anything more than that requires actual effort.

This is an MMO with an in-game economy influenced by large amounts of players, not a sandbox tabletop game...

"Dungeon farming" is a player invention and was once unrestricted being that keys could last for multiple runs. back then a free daily key could grant a varying yield from refinement/salvage to a rare dungeon drop with little effort other than talking to a NPC and running dungeons, it's similar to having a free lottery ticket that you can hold onto and turn when you feel the prize is sufficient. It just doesn't make sense for a key not to be consumed when opening a chest and it "spoiled" a lot of players who took it for granted for so long and a number of them can't cope with the change.

• Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

I can't believe some people are STILL defending this change. It is the worst thing to ever happen to this game.

There are still ppl defending PvP, & that has been jacked up for 3-4 mods now. I'm not surprised that there are people defending this. After all, they already have everything they need.

• Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Free key per day, anything more than that requires actual effort.

This is an MMO with an in-game economy influenced by large amounts of players, not a sandbox tabletop game...

"Dungeon farming" is a player invention and was once unrestricted being that keys could last for multiple runs. back then a free daily key could grant a varying yield from refinement/salvage to a rare dungeon drop with little effort other than talking to a NPC and running dungeons, it's similar to having a free lottery ticket that you can hold onto and turn when you feel the prize is sufficient. It just doesn't make sense for a key not to be consumed when opening a chest and it "spoiled" a lot of players who took it for granted for so long and a number of them can't cope with the change.

Funnily enough I do have a lottery ticket that I can turn in to get my money back any time I like. In fact I have several. They're called Premium Bonds. They cost £1 each (though they do have to be bought in bundles of at least a 100) and every month they go into a nationwide draw that could see me winning anything from £25 to £1Million. I think the odds of winning the jackpot are slightly better than getting a Legendary drop from a lockbox >:) However, if I decide I want to use the money for something else I can simply ask for a full refund at any time and they will give it me. So 'free' lottery tickets do exist in the Real World, so why not in game as well ?