Install Arc
Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @kailindra

So players should stick around and be loyal to a Guild/Alliance even when a number of other players leave and or abandon it (in other words not being loyal to them)? Players should allow this change to so easily impede their progress?

The players left from those broken Guilds/Alliances can band together and form something greater. This key change is not the end of the world nor this game no matter how much players bash it.

Players don't have to conform to the standards of "professional" Guilds, if they collectively work on a Guild/Alliance they can achieve the same things. Yes this probably includes helping others reach higher ilvl's and or going back and doing other things they previously "finished", it's part of the game and a lot of players that I chat with have seemingly forgotten where they came from, don't want to help others and or aren't willing to even slightly try to increase their progress by seemingly simple means.

Whatever type of "customer" a person is it's their choice, it all comes down to spending time, money or both, your choice. The more time you spend the longer it may take, the more money you spend the less time it may take. What a player enjoys, likes, etc., is their choice as well, if players only like dungeons and haven't built up other means to support their progress then they have willingly put themselves into that position. I'm not criticizing anyone for their play style though I am criticizing those that are playing the victim as if they can't do anything in the game now.

The "weight" of AD to get LDK's varies player to player though players that have bolstered their incoming AD and or spend money are impacted less (if at all) by this change than players who only ran dungeons for AD.

Artifact prices could very well be attributed to a number of things, though the Shard of Orcus Wand, not likely, especially overnight, and if so, what current artifact and or set is "better"? What info do you have to support your statement because as it stands you are pretty much stating that overnight the new artifacts from the update superseded the previous ones AND dropped their prices in spite of more of the older artifacts entering the market which can clearly be seen with the pages on pages of some artifacts or you are at least alluding to it while trying to use it as part of your argument.

Just like some of the other posts here where people are using speculatory ideas of the future in their arguments about things going on right now (if Cyrptic does this the players will do this, etc.), you can't really try to use alleged player support to get changes that would take immediate effect even if they are not reinforced by the "promise" of player support. In other words a number of players want Cryptic to change this or that and pretty much all they have to offer is the promise of player support, and if that promised player support falls through then what, revert the changes and the same players and more get upset? Smh, LoL

In other, other words Cryptic essentially has a bird in hand and players want them to go for two in the bush.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    urabask said:

kalindra said:

urabask said:

This is the same nonsense that people argue that when they say that the refinement success rates are lower than they are. The rates were improved for legendary rings and artifacts but everything else is the same so the chest will contain the same garbage as usual most of the time.

You've got any prove for that claim?
    Um artifact prices on the AH dropped to half of what they were or less. I've gotten 4 +5s since the key change. I regularly see multiple +5s drop in edemo/ndemo. If you really think the drop rates were not improved then you're not playing the game much.
    gawd, I want your luck. I still haven't gotten one to drop and I've been running the demos and cn's... rather a lot
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    kalindra said:

urabask said:

I guess Shard of Orcus's Wand is just going for 1.4 million AD on PC now because it's terrible then, right? It would've been at 5 million AD this close to a 2x RP before the chest change. I mean ffs the artifacts from esot/etos/ecc/egwd drop so often they're worth 37k-80k. I've never saw them drop before the change.

I mean ffs there's a text announcement in chat every time something drops and you're still going to deny it?
    This newsticker only concerns lockboxes (which many players never bother to open at all), but we're talking about dungeon chests and loot here.
    Printing some text on a screen constitutes a fact for you?
    Even if those were true, who do you measure the probability without knowing how many lockboxes where opened in that time period?
    And part of the critique concerns the (supposed) unfairness (uneven distribution) of that RNG, and as such it's of no significance how much premium loot some people get, if many others still get not enough to make dungeon running worthwhile.
    So this was part of the blog and patch notes. Good job on ignoring both AND have reward notify off in every single chat channel.
    kalindra said:

there are positive effects that have risen in spite of it (higher drop rates, lower prices on artifacts: some over 50% than what they were before)

A drop in prizes can also be caused not by more supply but by changes to the game which make some artifacts useless or far inferior to others from one patch to the next, and thus greatly reducing the demand.
    Most of the artifacts that are low in price (e.g. catalog) only hold value as feeders. When they drop in price the only reasonable explanation is that they're dropping more often.

kalindra said:

Once again, this RNG (obviously) isn't fair, but (probably) a HAMSTER piece of badly implemented HAMSTER code.

They're still single digit percentages at best.

kalindra said:

urabask said:

Rofl. You didn't even check steamcharts. They've had gains for the past three months. That's a complete turn around from previous mods where they were losing CCUs between mods. Peak player numbers are the highest they've been since mod 9 even.

Yes, after releasing a brand new modul (two in fact shortly after one another), and before everyone runs out of stored keys; that'll change in a few weeks, when so many people will have to farm for keys that it will get harder and harder to find a party for that content.
    FYI if you bothered checking Neverwinter has a content release every 3-4 months. In the months between each content release they've consistently had a net loss in CCUs for virtually every mod. Not losing CCUs for even two months between mods is unprecedented until now.
    kalindra said:

spideymt said:

Srly? Did you count PC+XBoX+PS? Check again for PC and tell me again this BS about "highest since mod 9". Or do just post your "alternative facts"?

I suppose he just checked the console charts where there's not that much competition and only shorty after release of the new modules and before the key change took hold.
    On PC we notice record queue times.
    Maybe he also selected some time when some event was active; although they are the same since three years they tend to increase the population until the game becomes unplayable on those underpowered servers they use.

Rofl. Steam charts tracks Steam users. Steam is exclusive to PC.

Your ignorance is showing in ALL of your posts.

urabask said:

kalindra said:

urabask said:

This is the same nonsense that people argue that when they say that the refinement success rates are lower than they are. The rates were improved for legendary rings and artifacts but everything else is the same so the chest will contain the same garbage as usual most of the time.

You've got any prove for that claim?
    Um artifact prices on the AH dropped to half of what they were or less. I've gotten 4 +5s since the key change. I regularly see multiple +5s drop in edemo/ndemo. If you really think the drop rates were not improved then you're not playing the game much.
    gawd, I want your luck. I still haven't gotten one to drop and I've been running the demos and cn's... rather a lot
    I've only just had my first two +5s drop from ndemo/edemo after spamming thousands of them since mod 8.
    kalindra said:

urabask said:

kalindra said:

So after a couple hundred Edemos and Demos ran since change, still no +5 drop. Good job increased drop rate. Still waiting on a +5 Brutality...

Increased from 0.0010 to 0.0015 or something in the quality, supposedly, since they didn't claim to have doubled or tripled the chance.
    That's not somethings many of us will notice, even if we had a correctly implemented RNG at our disposal.
    It's ten times the original drop rate so that's not even possible.
    a) says who? And who did test this on the production server?
    b) due the HAMSTER they use as an RNG, there's no real general, original or base chance.

The blog they released specifically states that it's ten times the original drop rate. Please do not pretend to know anything about the way they've implemented their loot tables.

kalindra said:

I'm on the same page, but the farming for key now becomes another nip on my playtime.
    And it hurts every time you waste a key to open a chest and all you get is salvage less worth than the key.

The only two keys worth making take no extra time. The CN and VT key both require currency from content you should already be running. I just do two Ndemo and one thayan lair per day.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Picked up some orcas looking helm...
    And some odd gauntlets. .

That's all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Theese changes are so "good" that they finally patched the preview ( WTH THE F.... PREVIEW WHEN WE NEED THIS ON LIVE????) with drippled legendary mark droprate. Thx for that, but i still dont get it why we have to wait for this fix till new mod is starting...

• Options
    spideymt said:

Theese changes are so "good" that they finally patched the preview ( WTH THE F.... PREVIEW WHEN WE NEED THIS ON LIVE????) with drippled legendary mark droprate. Thx for that, but i still dont get it why we have to wait for this fix till new mod is starting...

i.e. They increased the drop rate on something that they didn't increase the drop rate on before.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

i.e. They increased the drop rate on something that they didn't increase the drop rate on before.

I would be really happy if you dont answer to any of my post again. Thx a lot.

• Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    There is a meeting scheduled between community managers and guilds masters on the french board.

There isn't something similar for english speaking players ?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    spideymt said:

urabask said:

I would be really happy if you dont answer to any of my post again. Thx a lot.
    If you people keep posting the same nonsense I will. I don't get why you'd bother posting about the mark drop rate changing (presumably with the dungeon key change) when it was something that was never updated before.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Lets get back to the topic ....
    I mean... you guys get back to the topic ? I am just stalking here.

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    urabask said:

If you people keep posting the same nonsense I will. I don't get why you'd bother posting about the mark drop rate changing (presumably with the dungeon key change) when it was something that was never updated before.

So you cant read either? Reason why i dont want to talk to you anymore is simple:
    I dont like to clarify all your lies and your false distorts from my posts.
    If this one reads another person for you: This is the last respond to urinbask. Thanks a lot.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    spideymt said:

urabask said:

So you cant read either? Reason why i dont want to talk to you anymore is simple:
    If this one reads another person for you: This is the last respond to urinbask. Thanks a lot.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10352083-dev-blog:-dungeon-chest-rewards
    blog said:

We’ve significantly increased the chances of the very rarest rewards (Artifacts, Legendary Rings).

These items are still very rare, but they are much more common than before.

You implied that some sort of increase to the mark drop rate part of the dungeon key change. It wasn't. You're the one that is lying.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

spideymt said:

urabask said:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10352083-dev-blog:-dungeon-chest-rewards
    blog said:

We’ve significantly increased the chances of the very rarest rewards (Artifacts, Legendary Rings).

These items are still very rare, but they are much more common than before.

You implied that some sort of increase to the mark drop rate part of the dungeon key change. It wasn't. You're the one that is lying.

• Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:
    @urabask That's a useful link but can you also post one to the Blog that said they had increased the drop rate by ten times as this one contains no such reference. You did say:

"The blog they released specifically states that it's ten times the original drop rate. Please do not pretend to know anything about the way they've implemented their loot tables."

The only reference given in this Blog states:

"Chest Reward Table Changes
    Dungeon chest Reward table changes for our existing endgame Epic dungeon key and Campaign key chests have been rebuilt to give out rewards more varied and more often. This applies to all endgame PvE queued content: Epic Dungeons, Skirmishes, and Trials.

These items are still very rare, but they are much more common than before."

So no mention of 10 times drop rate, just a significant increase. I know one of the Devs did say in a post somewhere in the forum that when he first saw the drop rates he thought they should be ten times higher for legendary items but had it explained to him why this wasn't the case, but nowhere can I remember seeing a reference to an actual 10 times increase being put in place. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just that I do not remember reading it. So a link to that specific quote/Blog would be helpful :)

• Options
    edited February 2017
    qexotic said:

urabask said:
    @urabask That's a useful link but can you also post one to the Blog that said they had increased the drop rate by ten times as this one contains no such reference. You did say:

"The blog they released specifically states that it's ten times the original drop rate. Please do not pretend to know anything about the way they've implemented their loot tables."

Dungeon chest Reward table changes for our existing endgame Epic dungeon key and Campaign key chests have been rebuilt to give out rewards more varied and more often. This applies to all endgame PvE queued content: Epic Dungeons, Skirmishes, and Trials.

So no mention of 10 times drop rate, just a significant increase. I know one of the Devs did say in a post somewhere in the forum that when he first saw the drop rates he thought they should be ten times higher for legendary items but had it explained to him why this wasn't the case, but nowhere can I remember seeing a reference to an actual 10 times increase being put in place. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just that I do not remember reading it. So a link to that specific quote/Blog would be helpful :)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1226923/dungeon-key-and-useful-items-for-preview/p5
    @qexotic

rgutscheradev one of the devs talked about the RNG .
    January 7

• Options
    edited February 2017
    qexotic said:

urabask said:

It's on this page:

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/comment/12921260/#Comment_12921260

rgutscheradev talked pretty much exclusively about rings. So until they specify that mark drop rates were increased everyone is making assumptions. He also said that it's on top of the previous change and the last time they made a change to drop rates SVA marks weren't a thing.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    araneax said:

qexotic said:

urabask said:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1226923/dungeon-key-and-useful-items-for-preview/p5
    @qexotic

January 7
    Many thanks for that link @araneax as it does clear things up :) To save everyone from scrolling down to find it, here is the relevant quote:

"When I first came onto the Neverwinter team about 15 months ago (has it really been that long?!), one of the first things I had to do was make some reward tables for a dungeon (not make the loot itself, which had already been made, but make the random tables that determined how it dropped). I started by looking at the previous set of reward tables, and one of the first things I said was “What’s with these crazy low rates on the Legendary Rings? These should be dropping 10 times as often!” I couldn’t convince people of that, but I did manage to get the drop rate to be 2 times as often. (That was the previous Legendary Ring drop rate increase quoted above from much earlier patch notes.)

The initial drop rate was very small, so twice as often was still very small. But it definitely was an attempt at a real increase --- we’re definitely not trying to trick anyone by increasing stuff by 5% and then writing a patch note claiming “big increase!” or anything like that.

Cut to the more recent round of changes. One of the things people have called out as frustrating is how incredibly rare the rarest things (like the Underdark Rings) still are. So this time we’ve increased them again, by around x5. This is on top of the previous change, so it’s a total of x10. Hopefully this will be enough to be noticeable. But they are still very rare -- that’s because they were so super-rare to begin with. "

So the drop rate was doubled a long time ago and then increased by around 5x in the more recent changes. While that is a 10x increase in total, it came in two stages with a significant break in between (the 2x increase was over a year ago according to the Dev), so no full 10x increase all in one go as was implied before.

• Options
    qexotic said:

araneax said:

qexotic said:

urabask said:

@qexotic

January 7
    Many thanks for that link @araneax as it does clear things up :) To save everyone from scrolling down to find it, here is the relevant quote:

"When I first came onto the Neverwinter team about 15 months ago (has it really been that long?!), one of the first things I had to do was make some reward tables for a dungeon (not make the loot itself, which had already been made, but make the random tables that determined how it dropped). I started by looking at the previous set of reward tables, and one of the first things I said was “What’s with these crazy low rates on the Legendary Rings? These should be dropping 10 times as often!” I couldn’t convince people of that, but I did manage to get the drop rate to be 2 times as often. (That was the previous Legendary Ring drop rate increase quoted above from much earlier patch notes.)

The initial drop rate was very small, so twice as often was still very small. But it definitely was an attempt at a real increase --- we’re definitely not trying to trick anyone by increasing stuff by 5% and then writing a patch note claiming “big increase!” or anything like that.

Cut to the more recent round of changes. One of the things people have called out as frustrating is how incredibly rare the rarest things (like the Underdark Rings) still are. So this time we’ve increased them again, by around x5. This is on top of the previous change, so it’s a total of x10. Hopefully this will be enough to be noticeable. But they are still very rare -- that’s because they were so super-rare to begin with. "

So the drop rate was doubled a long time ago and then increased by around 5x in the more recent changes. While that is a 10x increase in total, it came in two stages with a significant break in between (the 2x increase was over a year ago according to the Dev), so no full 10x increase all in one go as was implied before.

I said that they're dropping at ten times the original drop rates. That's true.
    I8r4ux9.jpg