What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    @qexotic

The "free" lottery tickets do exist in this game, they are called daily dungeon keys.

The premium bonds when turned in give back their initial value and must be held for at least 30 days to even begin to be eligible for the drawings, when a daily dungeon key is used it grants more value than it cost and since it cost "0" it's pretty easy to do and can be used immediately the day of acquiring it.

Talking to an npc, getting a key, running/being carried in a dungeon and opening a chest at the end does not cost anything pretty much but time and each time this is done players get something and no matter what it is it is more than they went in with and didn't cost them "anything".

Currently the Shard of Orcus' Wand is about 820k (on a particular platform), running 2 characters & converting 36k RAD a day it will take about 12 days to buy it via dungeons/skirmishes only (around or less than 12 hours of playtime), even less if they get AD via other things.

A player using a free key for 12 days more than likely won't get the drop (it's still possible though).

Before and after the key change a number of players would rather "take their chances" with low "RNG" than put in the effort to get a GUARANTEED return EVERY time. That course of action is fine and dandy if those players would "suffer in silence" about what they get from it but they don't, they gripe and complain that free/cheap keys don't "break even" and or grant a higher return more often than not, how silly is that?
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Honey, there is no guarantee in this game. Everything is based off of RNG. Certainly you can run the dungeons and skirmishes to get the AD to purchase the item off of the AH. But then you get to pray to RNGesus to upgrade it at every level. And in order for it to be even available on the AH - RNGesus needed to smile upon someone that didn't need it in the first place.

And true - you can pick up a free key each day - but beyond that you have to buy them with AD. And once you buy them with AD, you can easily start losing money, for example: VT - 90% (if not more) of the time you get only elemental seals and a piece of salvage worth less than what you spent to buy the key.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I have held off on posting until now to get a better feel for how the changes have come through. My personal RNG is mediocre in game. I am probably tending towards the lower reward zone, but I do get the occassional good item. My experience - thankfully I have not used any of my paid keys (purchased prior to the key change announcement), only crafted, otherwise I would NOT be a happy camper. Drops from keyed chests so far are worse than what I get from completing the content itself - my experience. I see little to no change (in rewards) from prior to keygate.

This change I feel boils down to a couple of factors - do you Dungeon run, and does RNG favour you.

Dungeon Run - the Devs and owners know there are (many?) people that just run content to get to the chest. In many respects, they have encouraged this aspect by using RNG and grind. I play and run content to enjoy the game - I actually want to explore the dungeon, not run through it! I only do one 'run' a week (but across all 6 toons, if I can). I can see where I do that same dungeon over, and over, and over, and nothing changes - well, we all see why the 'run' to the end... I think static runs are OK for dailies or weeklys, but dungeons should randomise where possible - change corriders and rooms, mix dead quiet with frenetic action, have the possibility of extra monsters if you "skip" content in your mad rush - I am sure this is possible on an hourly or 90 minute basis - all dungeons randomise (to the same for everyone), so the number of unique dungeons are not mushrooming for the servers. Make dungeons desired for play value, not their 'run' value.

This leads to RNG and grind. Grind is used to gate progress for the heavy players, but is impactive on the casuals - so RNG is used as the carrot. Trouble is, the RNG is more of a stick than carrot in this game (hence keygate!). Others have written at length about the grind, so I will beat the RNG drum. Many (including me) have requested sliding RNG (chance goes up for each failure or non-win), but I can see the maths/tracking would be difficult in game. I suggest that every time you open an Epic dungeon or skirmish chest , not only do you get some basic treasure, you also either get:
    1) The rare item(s) you need/want, OR
    2) Coins (lets call it a Jinn coin, as we already have a Genie token).

The Jinn coin would be like the seals, but where you can 'buy' the items you need after enough chests have been opened. This way RNG really is a carrot, and for the (many!) the gods do not favour, you will still get what you seek in time. An example would be the relic gear that is gated behind RNG - you did not get it this time, OK, you get 5 Jinn coins instead. You do PoM or Kessells and no rare items in the chest - 1 Jinn coin. We then have a Jinn coin dealer that will trade Jinn coins for all those so desirable items - including legendary mounts! As the Jinn coins are generic, each skirmish or dungeon works toward what is desired for that player. You might have a table like this (these are SUGGESTED values now, not gospel!)
    Tensors Floating disk - 200,000 Jinn coins
    Ring +3 - 75 Jinn coins
    Ring +4 - 150 Jinn coins
    Ring +5 - 500 Jinn coins ... etc.

My point is, RNG is no good as a gateway, and mindless runs lead to grind - aka 'work', and if the keys do not give perceived value for work - we are not happy.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • Options
    Damn editing ate my post!!!

Anyways, quick recap - I have noticed very little improvement in my drop rate from chests - I frequently get better value items from the run, and would be very unhappy if I was spending legendary keys for what I have received so far!
    Dungeons right now are work or a 'run'. (Almost) everyone hates RNG, especially when it is used to gate needed items. I suggest (in addition to base treasure in the chest):
    1) You either get the rare item(s), OR
    2) You get Jinn coin(s) - maybe 1 Jinn coin for a PoM or Kessells, VT = 2, CN = 5 Jinn coins, etc.

Jinn coin dealer will have all needed or desired items, so (SUGGESTED values, not gospel :) )
    Tensors Floating Disk - 300,000 Jinn coins
    Relic gear - 175 Jinn coins
    Ring +3 - 50 Jinn coins
    Ring +4 - 150 Jinn coins
    Ring +5 - 500 Jinn coins... etc.

I had so much more, but basically, in this game RNG (keys) is not a carrot for rewards, it is a stick, and we do not like sticks. Make RNG a carrot again, and for work, we get paid Jinn coins that WE can spend on what we want.

The Small Band
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Trinity said something a few times "Your time will come"
    It's certainly true or will be true for a fraction of us and my turn came these past days...
    But still like i said for one like me there is 1000 struggling so some kind of system like demonic ichor wouldn't be that bad...

My opinion is you shouldn't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about keys anymore and their cost or returning value... They are not worth their cost 99% of time anyway...

Trust me, don't farm just do one or two dunjeons, some daylies and then switch to another game...

It's when i stopped farming that the game started giving nice stuff and feeled not like a burden and pure frustration ^^
    Some people run 10 tuern and get hamster.

By doing one tuern, one tiamat, one malabog and one cn everyday in a week i got : orcus wand, tiamat orb and necklace, blue dragon.

(Why not the others dunjeons ? I don't have anymore campaign ressources and i will not spend a single minute running old campaign to craft keys ^^)

Yesterday i opened my dayly resurgence lockbox and "Diloul won a resurgence epic pack"
    I mean, i was saving to buy the owl bear cub and there it is for free $$$$

That doesnt change the fact that opening a CN chest souldn't grant you a green stone but at the very least an opale or a rubis or it feels like an insult
  • Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Best strategy is dont expect anything and just have fun :> Im buying treasure maps or doing FBI lately ignoring everything else because its boring boring boring. Every second in River district makes me quit this game and never going back :<
  • Options
    @ravenskya with that logic what is the point of playing? Everything is in this game is not based off of "RNG" (at this time I won't even list example), maybe what you and some others may "solely enjoy" (dungeons) is though for the majority "RNG" does not rule all. Upgrading is not as bad as many make it out to be, sometimes you use more PW's, sometimes less, stating that a lot are always used is a lie, not to mention CW's, 100% chance each time, put in work to get them and the low upgrade chances go away.

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

A "guaranteed" dungeon drop system wouldn't seem be the answer. "Farm", buy or both.

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

@dlioul31 I don't recall making that statement LoL

If dungeon "RNG" is so bad why do players still get keys (from whatever source(s)) and continually subject themselves to it? Out of ALL the things there are to do in-game players select one or a few then complain about the results, theoretically players are putting all their eggs in one basket and letting "RNG" smash them which is fine if that's what they want, but complaining about the results of one's own choices is quite interesting.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    krailov said:

2) You get Jinn coin(s) - maybe 1 Jinn coin for a PoM or Kessells, VT = 2, CN = 5 Jinn coins, etc.

Jinn coin dealer will have all needed or desired items, so (SUGGESTED values, not gospel :) )
    Ring +3 - 50 Jinn coins
    Ring +4 - 150 Jinn coins

I had so much more, but basically, in this game RNG (keys) is not a carrot for rewards, it is a stick, and we do not like sticks. Make RNG a carrot again, and for work, we get paid Jinn coins that WE can spend on what we want.

60000 CN for floating disc ? No thank you ! :dizzy: I would rather see proper drop from bosses like Drufi ( bring back gear set with bonuses for every class) Something you want to chase and want to come back for. Chests are ok like they are...
  • Options

@ravenskya with that logic what is the point of playing? Everything is in this game is not based off of "RNG" (at this time I won't even list example), maybe what you and some others may "solely enjoy" (dungeons) is though for the majority "RNG" does not rule all. Upgrading is not as bad as many make it out to be, sometimes you use more PW's, sometimes less, stating that a lot are always used is a lie, not to mention CW's, 100% chance each time, put in work to get them and the low upgrade chances go away.

FYI - anything that says "you have a % chance" is based on RNG. So yes to upgrade my artifacts, neck, belt, enchants, bonding and weapons - I need to win the RNG lotto - every time. It ended up taking 70 some wards to upgrade a 10% chance. That's after I spent 20-30 to upgrade all of my other 10% chances.

Upgrading IS as bad as many make it out to be - because you already worked for what you have and now you have to win the lotto (which happens apparently as often as getting good stuff out of a chest but you can click through preservation wards more quickly than you can run 50 dungeons) to get it to upgrade.

Give me an example other than the level 70 gear that you get for being level 70 or the Twisted Weapons - of something else in this game that is both desirable to have and that doesn't require RNG. Something you can just straight work for and get, pat yourself on the back and say "I worked hard and I got this BIS piece of awesome" instead of "Sweet I finally got lucky"
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    @ravenskya

*stands on soapbox* Acquiring Campaign and Guild Boons. Upgrading with a coalescent ward, acquiring RAD, converting AD to Zen, buying Zen, leveling up, helping others, ranking up a Guild, having fun (in general)." *steps off soapbox*

I believe that short list of desirable and non-"RNG" requiring things will do for now, each being more or less desirable depending on the player but overall those things are desirable to the majority. Without the listed things (minus coalescent wards buying Zen and converting AD to zen) there wouldn't be a game to play.

Without dungeons the game could very well survive being that a number of the rare drops can be found inside lock boxes which is pretty much the same thing (in regard to "RNG"), of course there are some things that wouldn't be possible, though, if the game were dungeons alone it wouldn't be able to survive though surprisingly a number of players cut out the various other aspects of the game to pretty much solely run dungeons for whatever reason(s) and essentially burn themselves and their admiration for the game out.

• Options
    arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    The programma have to give more chance to gett stuff at ppl Who need and play, but 4 me at last is ok if all was Easy i dont take satisfaction....but i like bè sure about i take what i need First or later..Maybe a Coin for every dungeon complete. and possibility to use this Coin to select a family of item in a sort of dungeon prize menu 4 increase dungeon drop...so using that Coins , i still cant get item but i have best chance and better feeling.no?Sorry 4 my english im italian
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

@ravenskya

*stands on soapbox* Acquiring Campaign and Guild Boons. Upgrading with a coalescent ward, acquiring RAD, converting AD to Zen, buying Zen, leveling up, helping others, ranking up a Guild, having fun (in general)." *steps off soapbox*

I believe that short list of desirable and non-"RNG" requiring things will do for now, each being more or less desirable depending on the player but overall those things are desirable to the majority. Without the listed things (minus coalescent wards buying Zen and converting AD to zen) there wouldn't be a game to play.

Without dungeons the game could very well survive being that a number of the rare drops can be found inside lock boxes which is pretty much the same thing (in regard to "RNG"), of course there are some things that wouldn't be possible, though, if the game were dungeons alone it wouldn't be able to survive though surprisingly a number of players cut out the various other aspects of the game to pretty much solely run dungeons for whatever reason(s) and essentially burn themselves and their admiration for the game out.

Having read back through to (I think) the beginning of this conversation on pg 23, (i'm not going any further back) I think I finally see the shape of this conversation. Many of the players that are disagreeing with you have already completed the list of items that you feel are the most important aspect of the game. They are either long term players that had the luxury of ticking these items off the list as they appeared in game. or like you have abundant free time to make grinding all of these items possible.

The other voice that appears to pop up in this conversation is that of the newer players, or those that are playing on a casual basis. These players don't have the time to grind out 10 mods of content all at once, or lack the knowledge to take advantage of the shortcuts that the long-term or hardcore players have come to take for granted.

The first problem is a divorce situation... the difference in your perspective from theirs is irreconcilable. They have come to a point with the game that the only thing left to do is have fun... & they do that in a way you either don't approve of or can't understand. the mod's advice often repeated is probably best here, "agree to disagree." They are not going to change your mind, & you are not going to change theirs.

The second problem is a bit simpler... but not easy. Rather than continuing this conversation, you would make better use of your time posting a guide. You seem to have a fairly good grasp on the progression of the game, but like many players that have had some success you don't seem to want to share that knowledge. Like many newer players, it is really frustrating to interact with the "big fish" & come away with a priceless nugget of advice like "do your 2's" or, my personal favorite "buy low, sell high."

• Options
    mistalow said:

krailov said:

Ring +3 - 50 Jinn coins
    Ring +4 - 150 Jinn coins

60000 CN for floating disc ? No thank you ! :dizzy: I would rather see proper drop from bosses like Drufi ( bring back gear set with bonuses for every class) Something you want to chase and want to come back for. Chests are ok like they are...
    OK, I did say they were suggestions, right? :)

Point is, EVERY Epic Dungeon or Skirmish you run that does NOT give you a rare drop (and I do not include +1 or +2 rings in the rare catagory!) will help you earn coins, and if we allowed them to be account wide like the Tarmalune trade bars, your Alts can also assist in the buildup. So, it looks bad, but you do earn it sooner than you think.

This is purely a mechanism to allow the grind to achieve the players goals, especially for those that RNG does not favour. Currently the most hated aspect of keygate is RNG, and this is a way of alleviating that pain. You could even have legendary key use provide double the Jinn coin return (10 instead of 5), thus allowing the casual pay player (or whale) to achieve what they want sooner. The Jinn coins also achieve the:
    mistalow said:

Something you want to chase and want to come back for. Chests are ok like they are...

And clearly for many, chests are NOT ok like they are...

The Small Band
  • Options
    fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Perhaps someone said it before but I think bis items should be earned, rng is not earning it, it is getting lucky. So a currency to eventually buy the bis item you want would be nice. It's a game and progress should be earned not won. The other option would be to just outright buy it from the zen market, after all they want people to spend money, right.

But wait, then no one runs dungeons anymore and buys keys... wrong! The currency you need to buy your items will only come from the chest, then people can choose to either buy the keys and open the chests to get the currency quicker or just use the daily key and get their slower.

Ok, so why don't I buy the item just off the zen market, you think!? Well, either the stuff if you want to buy it is twice as much on the zen market than if you farm it with keys or it's different, I.e. special transmutes for your gear etc.

Anyway, long story short, pwe should stick to their original statement that you either buy or grind your progress. At the moment none of that works. You can't buy bis and you can't farm it because even with dragon keys your chances are not increased and the drop rates for I.e. legendary rings are just unbelievable low.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    It certainly feels like they have dialed the loot-o-meter waaaay back from what it was the first week after the change, but I doubt they would step up and admit to it...

Also, besides that, I really hope Xbox (&PS4) will get the improved drop-rate on Svardborg marks really soon, along with the 50% increase on Voninblood/relic...
    Even if it would have been nice with a 100% increase on the relics :)
  • Options
    @elrondknight and General

Most important? Not really, other aspects of the game that don't require "RNG", yes.

Again, where have I stated how much I play?

It's simple math, and to simply state it, the more you do of "x" (dungeons) and "y" (everything else) will produce "z", some players do all/predominantly "x", little of "y" and consequently produce little "z".

Time invested has an impact though what content in this game has a time limit other than events? With that being stated a number of players act as if they don't go through content immediately it will somehow go away and they would miss out on it.
    Some players are continually forcing themselves into unfavorable situations (strict dungeon running) and complaining, whether they like anything else is their choice but there are alternatives and they opt out of them and as a result cannot benefit from them, benefits that would help alleviate the "RNG" woes they state to face.

Casual players don't have to run multiple campaigns/mod content, the amount they run is what is comfortable to them, the content isn't going away anytime soon. When a casual player tries to progress by leaps and bounds whenever they play (without spending money) they should know that the smaller amounts of time they invest into the game will not make that possible and be comfortable with that if they are not willing to invest more time and or spend money. It would be illogical to look at it otherwise.

Dungeons are fine, I run them sometimes and I have come to see that I myself benefit/progress much more by focusing more on other aspects of the game, that is how I go about gaining/progressing and don't fault others for how they do so. Whether I change the minds of anyone matters not to me because the courses of action I and others have suggested for the most part guarantee progress vs. spending time/money obtaining keys and running a dungeon, spending more time and ultimately hoping for a greater return.
    I would love for the dungeoneers to do more things so they would hopefully lessen the amount they have/will burn themselves out with the game. If they don't that's fine, no problem there though when those type of players complain about a hole they dig themselves into and seemingly want the game to be made "easier" for them I don't agree with that and if I choose to I will post that disagreement just like how others that disagree with a post(s) they see do so as well.

I have compiled various amounts of data, information, tested theories, etc., etc. since I began playing this game because that is part of what I enjoy in regard to a game I play. For the first couple of months I did not chat with anyone one, I just collected and tested data, etc. and progressed.

I share some of the information I found/find to be true/beneficial with those that I play with and have shared some of that information here on the forums a number of times though instead of repeating it I tend to "shorthand" it ("do your 2's").

I will not be posting a guide(s) anytime soon for newer or older players though to contribute to the community of Neverwinter I do lend my time and efforts helping players ("newer" for the most part) that are showing effort that they want to progress and join our Guild by showing them what tends to work or not. Those players aren't sitting around waiting for handouts or information to be tossed in their lap and tend to stick around and those are the players I actively seek to help, for everyone else I pretty much only make suggestions.

For one I don't freely share all the information I have gathered, tested and applied with everyone, two, newer players tend to not read the in-game information that CLEARLY presents what to do next, etc., etc. and three, a number of older players (in regard to play time) are often stuck in "dungeon" mode so why would either read it? Two and three are not the reasons I don't/won't but rather reinforce why I do not.

There is plenty of information already posted in plenty of places so if players want to see it they can look for it.

• Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2017

@elrondknight and General

Most important? Not really, other aspects of the game that don't require "RNG", yes.

Again, where have I stated how much I play?

It's simple math, and to simply state it, the more you do of "x" (dungeons) and "y" (everything else) will produce "z", some players do all/predominantly "x", little of "y" and consequently produce little "z".

Time invested has an impact though what content in this game has a time limit other than events? With that being stated a number of players act as if they don't go through content immediately it will somehow go away and they would miss out on it.

Some players are continually forcing themselves into unfavorable situations (strict dungeon running) and complaining, whether they like anything else is their choice but there are alternatives and they opt out of them and as a result cannot benefit from them, benefits that would help alleviate the "RNG" woes they state to face.

Casual players don't have to run multiple campaigns/mod content, the amount they run is what is comfortable to them, the content isn't going away anytime soon. When a casual player tries to progress by leaps and bounds whenever they play (without spending money) they should know that the smaller amounts of time they invest into the game will not make that possible and be comfortable with that if they are not willing to invest more time and or spend money. It would be illogical to look at it otherwise.

Dungeons are fine, I run them sometimes and I have come to see that I myself benefit/progress much more by focusing more on other aspects of the game, that is how I go about gaining/progressing and don't fault others for how they do so. Whether I change the minds of anyone matters not to me because the courses of action I and others have suggested for the most part guarantee progress vs. spending time/money obtaining keys and running a dungeon, spending more time and ultimately hoping for a greater return.
    I would love for the dungeoneers to do more things so they would hopefully lessen the amount they have/will burn themselves out with the game. If they don't that's fine, no problem there though when those type of players complain about a hole they dig themselves into and seemingly want the game to be made "easier" for them I don't agree with that and if I choose to I will post that disagreement just like how others that disagree with a post(s) they see do so as well.

I have compiled various amounts of data, information, tested theories, etc., etc. since I began playing this game because that is part of what I enjoy in regard to a game I play. For the first couple of months I did not chat with anyone one, I just collected and tested data, etc. and progressed.

I share some of the information I found/find to be true/beneficial with those that I play with and have shared some of that information here on the forums a number of times though instead of repeating it I tend to "shorthand" it ("do your 2's").

I will not be posting a guide(s) anytime soon for newer or older players though to contribute to the community of Neverwinter I do lend my time and efforts helping players ("newer" for the most part) that are showing effort that they want to progress and join our Guild by showing them what tends to work or not. Those players aren't sitting around waiting for handouts or information to be tossed in their lap and tend to stick around and those are the players I actively seek to help, for everyone else I pretty much only make suggestions.

For one I don't freely share all the information I have gathered, tested and applied with everyone, two, newer players tend to not read the in-game information that CLEARLY presents what to do next, etc., etc. and three, a number of older players (in regard to play time) are often stuck in "dungeon" mode so why would either read it? Two and three are not the reasons I don't/won't but rather reinforce why I do not.

There is plenty of information already posted in plenty of places so if players want to see it they can look for it.

You have this weird sensitivity about how much you play the game. It's really no one else's business... but, if you have been playing the game long enuff to reach level 70, you get a feel for how long certain tasks take. Doing the 2's for example... takes between 45 - 90 minutes, depending on Item Level (& queue wait times) per toon. So even if you are only running the 2 free toons that every player gets... you are playing for at least 90 minutes - up to 2 - 3 hours per day. & then there is the guild contributions. Even BiS toons have to run around the map. 5 mins per small HE ( for influence) + ~2mins run time = 30 mins. in addition to any side quests you may do for the NPC's. And then there is the statement that you do enuff boon tasks to generate several keys per week in the different mod areas. WoD's takes, at minimum, 3 weekly events (cult prison, drake pens & the thayan reservoir) to complete enuff tasks for a key. Or you can choose to do he's... if you can find enuff people to do them. Sharandar, Dread ring, & underdark have similar requirements. even if you are only doing one zone per day, that adds at minimum 25 - 45 mins. to your play time. Oh. I almost forgot. You also play the market. Which requires you to research a certain number of items to see which are selling at any given time. Even if you have a list of let's say a dozen ( 2 -3 dozen is more likely) items you keep track of... it still adds time to the list of dailies. Please don't insult my intelligence by claiming to be a casual player.

Speaking of casual players, and disappearing content... You are right that the content probably won't go anywhere. The dev's have removed some content, but sometimes it comes back. You are wrong that anyone will be able to run any given content when they are "ready" for it. Next time you are in the WoD farming for keys check out the zone chat. There are lots of players begging for Tiamat runs. In Icewind dale they beg for biggrins tomb. I don't spend enuff time in the underdark, but I would be willing to bet that the demo runs are suffering the same fate. I haven't even started Mod 10 content... but i'm sure i'll have no problems finding people to run with when I get there, y'think? :wink:

As for the information that you choose to share, that is your choice. You might want to consider though, that if you are going to advise other players on how they should play the game, without sharing any of the shortcuts that you have found in order to make that possible... it is unlikely that any of your advise will be taken. It's a bit like giving someone a recipe which consists only of a list of ingredients. Without years of cooking experience, the person attempting to use such a recipe will have no clue as to the proper proportions, and is far more likely to produce an inedible mess, than a delicious cake. It truly is a sad state of affairs when it is easier to find useful advise on YouTube, produced by players that are literally playing the game to make their living, than it is to get help talking to actual players.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

You have this weird sensitivity about how much you play the game.

Sensitivity, no. Though the amount of time played per session is unknown (only generalized by me and assumed by others) there are people here stating that players such as myself are only able to accomplish this and that due to spending lots of time on the game per session which isn't true. I have not stated what type of player I consider myself to be (casual or otherwise & not that it matters), nor what I do every session. I also find it "flattering" that you went through the "trouble" to try and calculate my play time per session from my generalizations :)

If you would have read back prior to page 23 where you stated you read back to (and were not going back further) you would have seen where I gave suggestions a number of times on what could be done and the results (possible or otherwise) from doing them. I even provided numbers to show the results of doing various things and that there is the "help" and "proportions" you previously referred to.

You are wrong that anyone will be able to run any given content when they are "ready" for it.

Even though I didn't state it in that manner:

Using zone chat is not the only way to organize a group to run content and even if players are unable to form a group (for Biggrin's, Tiamat, Demogorgon, etc.) there are other available courses of action to achieve the same result(s) that are often overlooked or dismissed, yes they may take longer to accomplish those same things but the alternative is not make progress at all...

x50 Kessell's sigil = 1 Icewind Dale: Demon Hunting (Konig coins)
    x5 Icewind Dale: Demon Hunting = 1 Biggrin's Tomb (Konig coins & black ice)

Rewards from the hoard, Winter Festival = Linu's Favor and various other campaign currency

Etc., etc.

Again, active Guilds and Alliances should help alleviate group finding woes, why would they not?

As for the information that you choose to share, that is your choice. You might want to consider though, that if you are going to advise other players on how they should play the game, without sharing any of the shortcuts that you have found in order to make that possible... it is unlikely that any of your advise will be taken.

Some of the information I have gathered and some the information I have suggested here multiple times (in detail) before page 23 (which you seemingly refused to view for whatever reason(s)) is readily available on the internet, the same internet people use to play Neverwinter and do so many other things though seemingly would rather post here on the forums or ask in-game and wait for a reply instead of typing those same things into a search engine and at least trying and find what they want to know. If you would take a look at the forum threads started referring to the same/similar things that are on the same page or a page or two back, it goes to show.

At one point in time I was more generously helping strangers, sharing information and then some, then I realized a lot of those people helped/shared with were not community oriented but out for self and for lack of a better term, are "lazy". Not every one behaved in that manner but over time it was enough to warrant me to change how I proceeded.

Even had information I shared in a particular manner, come back to me from someone else I didn't share it with, in the same exact manner in which I initially shared it along with the person they got it from stating it was them that found it out, so no I don't always go into detail with the information I share here on the forums. I wish I felt more comfortable sharing the information I have gathered and applied with the community as I did before and though I don't, the players I interacted with back then and still interact with now as well as the newer people I come into contact with that show various positive qualities and I share with appreciate it and at this moment those players are enough for me to be satisfied with in regard to my continued contributions to the Neverwinter community.

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    "bis items should be earned".
    Not a bad premise. But that's another bag of worms. Earning it in this game seems to mean more rng the devs lol. They need to take more of a lesson from demo edemo. Twisted gear was reasonably done
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @thefiresidecat To me they have (at least in part). With Demogorgon (especially master) players would tend to leave if they felt it wasn't a "gold run" inconveniencing any players that remained. With dungeons like Castle Never players are less likely to get to the end Boss and leave after a wipe or two (because they feel that could be the run they get a rare drop?).

If you are referring to the cumulative currency system (which I feel you are), the twisted set benefited pretty much all classes so something like that for a bound item I can see though un-bound rare dungeon drops I don't see as favorably being treated the same way, in part since pretty much the main thing done with them is they are put on the trade house and if they are sought to be used personally the odds of buying the drop in a shorter amount of time is seemingly much higher than getting it as a drop.

If a cumulative currency system were implemented for dungeon rare drops (excluding things like the new armor) and produced a bound item (character and or account with respective costs) I would lean towards something like that.

With Underdark skirmishes pretty much any participant can get a rare drop and it is "more" of a group effort because the end rank is determined by how the group does as a whole while in a dungeon setting players can kick out others before the final boss to try and bring in who they want and or carry others through.

• Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited March 2017

@trinity706#8838

" With Underdark skirmishes pretty much any participant can get a rare drop and it is "more" of a group effort because the end rank is determined by how the group does as a whole while in a dungeon setting players can kick out others before the final boss to try and bring in who they want and or carry others through."

I am not sure what game you are playing. But it seems to me , we play different games.

Underdark skirmishes..

One was bugged for how long ?
    Please humor me and tell me how much time it was bugged ?
    How much pointing at it, we did. How many mods was needed to fix it ?
    And the group effort as you call it, was irrelevant since you could not get gold .
    No matter how much you tried.
    So i am not really sure what group effort you are speaking of.

But even if we totally ignore that. And lets ignore that since that is in the past.. lol

Group effort to get a prize , that is again gated behind RNG.
    It does not matter if you get bronze , silver or gold.
    Your " group effort " prize will be based on RNG.
    That means it does not matter what rank you are and what rank you finished as.
    You can be first, or the last. You can do your best or your worst . You can do the most damage or you can do no damage.

The RNG will decide what you will get . Randomly. You effort means nothing.
    You CAN however count on that amazing blue +1 ring .

And a person who did nothing can get 5+ , since it does not matter what he/ she did.
    I saw it a couple of times already. People not putting any effort at all. So others have to pull for them too. like the mules we are.

People going afk the whole skirmish , and then hitting a boss a few times at the end, and still " winning " +5 ring.

Isn't that right. Group effort and all.

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2017

that.

With Underdark skirmishes pretty much any participant can get a rare drop and it is "more" of a group effort because the end rank is determined by how the group does as a whole while in a dungeon setting players can kick out others before the final boss to try and bring in who they want and or carry others through.

The Underdark skirmish is based on RNG is well.
    Your group effort means nothing, since the prize you get in bronze can be the same you get in gold.

You do not have to put any effort in it and let others do the job for you and still get a better prize then the team that dragged you through it.

Also... just to mention it.
    One of the Underdark sk. was broken for so long we got grey hair while waiting for it to be fixed.

• Options
    fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Well, you do get an additional ring when achieving gold and higher silver, nonetheless it's still a horrible drop rate and prophecy is still broken. If you get gold in prophecy in the restore wards version in the first round it still skips round two or gives you only the remaining time from round one.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    araneax said:

Your group effort means nothing, since the prize you get in bronze can be the same you get in gold.

Rank/group effort does determine rewards to some extent at least and does mean something (higher ranks provide more Demonic Ichor, Faerzress and Seal of Elements). Again, some players tend to overlook rewards as a whole if they don't get what they want (in this case +5 rings). If rank didn't matter and or players didn't feel that it did, they more than likely wouldn't leave if Bronze or Silver was achieved for the first phase...

• Options
    randomkeyhits#0843 randomkeyhits Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Like many newer players, it is really frustrating to interact with the "big fish" & come away with a priceless nugget of advice like "do your 2's" or, my personal favorite "buy low, sell high."

I'm way too casual in this game so gonna bite..... "do your 2's" means what?
  • Options

araneax said:

Rank/group effort does determine rewards to some extent at least and does mean something (higher ranks provide more Demonic Ichor, Faerzress and Seal of Elements). Again, some players tend to overlook rewards as a whole if they don't get what they want (in this case +5 rings). If rank didn't matter and or players didn't feel that it did, they more than likely wouldn't leave if Bronze or Silver was achieved for the first phase...

Well... if we look at it from that side.
    How many mods was PoM broken again ?
    You could not reach gold. What did rank mean then ?
    Throne was bugged too. For half a mod.

Some players indeed overlooked it. And stil do. I wonder why.

• Options
    araneax said:

Well... if we look at it from that side.
    How many mods was PoM broken again ?
    You could not reach gold. What did rank mean then ?
    Throne was bugged too. For half a mod.

Some players indeed overlooked it. And stil do. I wonder why.

@araneax What it meant then was even with those Skirmishes being bugged players were still able to get +5 rings while Bronze/Silver still granted different amounts of Demonic Ichor, Faerzress and Seal of Elements and each rank still does "today" and also players are still overlooking the other rewards as they did back then.

• Options

Like many newer players, it is really frustrating to interact with the "big fish" & come away with a priceless nugget of advice like "do your 2's" or, my personal favorite "buy low, sell high."

Do your two dungeons, two skirmishes and two PVP matches to get the AD from them

• Options

"bis items should be earned".

Not a bad premise. But that's another bag of worms. Earning it in this game seems to mean more rng the devs lol. They need to take more of a lesson from demo edemo. Twisted gear was reasonably done

Exactly - it was hard work to get your first twisted set - but you knew exactly how to get it. Run mDemo, get silver or gold and you were guaranteed what you need to get the weapons. That was done correctly, the only RNG involved was how good your group was if you PUGed. The moat farming was another one - if every HE had dropped a mote without needing a wand then that would have been another excellent method of allowing players to get their gear without RNG, they just had to work for it. Granted I hated every second of it because I don't care for running demo or mdemo (or any of the skirmishes for that matter) but I knew that if I did it, I could get what I wanted. I'm now working on helping my BF get his third set of Twisted for his CW alt - I don't mind it because we know how far along we are. It's not like we are 100 runs in and still hoping for a drop

• Options
    randomkeyhits#0843 randomkeyhits Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Do your two dungeons, two skirmishes and two PVP matches to get the AD from them
    Ahhh totally makes sense, thanks. I've tried to move away from anything that feels like enforced dailies where possible in MMOs, just log in, have some fun, walk away. Its why I've generally shied away from Neverwinters dungeon chests in the first place, heavy RNG simply isn't fun for me, never has been.