test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 FAQs

Comments

• Options
    garbaush#5740 garbaush Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    So I was told that signing up with arc account I get free promo.. Any truth to that?. Either way I am happy I did but just curious.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

So I was told that signing up with arc account I get free promo.. Any truth to that?. Either way I am happy I did but just curious.

I believe you get a free companion, or did at one point in time, I'm not 100% sure if the promo is still going on, and no way of testing it myself currently.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    null
    Looked around and checked a bit, don't see anything. Oh well. No big woop
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

null

Looked around and checked a bit, don't see anything. Oh well. No big woop

Check the rewards vendor for a mage companion, a friend signed up last week and he still got it.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    null will do Thanks
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    kreatyve said:

I believe you get a free companion, or did at one point in time, I'm not 100% sure if the promo is still going on, and no way of testing it myself currently.
    Yes it is. I just linked and claimed mine a few days ago.

When first loading the game, a pop-up will have you go to the following link (where XXXXXXX is the unique code the client shows you to link your account):
    www.arcgames.com/en/playstation/code/XXXXXXX
    After going there, you'll link your ARC account to your PlayStation Account and the Renegade Illusionist companion will be available to claim in the Rewards Claims Agent for all your current and future characters.

P.S. Don't forget to claim your free Cosmetic Outift unlock in the PlayStation Store. It's located under the Addons for Neverwinter and is called, "Onyx Fashion Pack." I do not know how long this promotion will be available for. Once unlocked, it will be claimable (and reclaimable) on all your current and future characters in the Reward Claims Agent.
  • Options
    null
    null awesomesauce (yeah I said that) going to do that right now. Thanks
  • Options
    pedroyaya#9994 pedroyaya Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @kreatyve

thanks for the info
  • Options
    pedroyaya#9994 pedroyaya Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    this should answer a lot of questions some might have
  • Options
    unforgiven1068unforgiven1068 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi neverwinter my guild and i have a question we came across a crystal ball in the strong hold. When you click this ball is reads You look in to the crystal ball and begin to remember events that have happend in the stronghold... options are memories a fresh start or walk away
    we want to know if we click freah start does that restart the stronghold.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Hi neverwinter my guild and i have a question we came across a crystal ball in the strong hold. When you click this ball is reads You look in to the crystal ball and begin to remember events that have happend in the stronghold... options are memories a fresh start or walk away

we want to know if we click freah start does that restart the stronghold.

No, it shows you the cut scene from the first time you went into the Stronghold. That's all.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    emessaryemessary Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi all,
    Long time player, first time posting.
    I have a question about code redemption, as I was given two codes by an online friend and it seems my ps4 doesn't like them. I was wondering should i try and redeem them through the arc website? I used to do it that way when I was playing on xbox.
  • Options
    Do you know which codes they were? The one for the week of VIP and free spider mount looked like it didn't work but the things became available in game.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    emessary said:

Hi all,

Long time player, first time posting.

I have a question about code redemption, as I was given two codes by an online friend and it seems my ps4 doesn't like them. I was wondering should i try and redeem them through the arc website? I used to do it that way when I was playing on xbox.

PS4 and XBOX codes can only be redeemed on their respective Consoles. PS4 codes are redeemed through the PS4 Store's Codes screen and XBOX codes are redeemed through the ARC App on the XBOX. PC codes are redeemed through the ARC Launcher Application.

If they're PC Codes, they won't work on anything else but the PC. Same for PS4 Codes and XBOX Codes. They are all specific to their respective platform and won't work on any other. So, if you can redeem them on the PC, then they were PC codes, if they are redeemable on the XBOX, they were XBOX codes, and the same for PS4.

If you're still having issues with the codes, you can send a Support Ticket in, providing them with the codes, so they can let you know what the status of your codes are. Do not give your codes to any users or post them publicly on the forums.
  • Options
    emessaryemessary Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    @zebular - thank you for the info. This has never happened to me before. So I think I will contact support.
  • Options
    Can all keys be found/earned through quest. Mainly speaking of Dragon keys or must they be "bought?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @garbaush#5740

Keys to open the chests at the ends of dungeons can be made in the different campaigns. There is a Key you can buy that opens any dungeon chest, but you might as well just make them in the campaigns for the dungeons you plan on running. Takes about a day per key.

Different Demon Keys are made in the Underdark Campaign
    Different Dragon Keys are made in Tyranny of Dragons Campaign

Make sure you look at the key before you make it to be sure you are making the one to open the chest that you want

• Options
    Whoa this underdark campaign thing is cool. Thanks for helping out the newb in the room. Lol.
  • Options
    bjw4#9717 bjw4 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @zebular

Question about the forthcoming Challenge of the Gods event -- I looked on the Neverwinter Wiki for a bit more detail about this, and it seems Challenge of the Gods is how you get Waukeen's Coins as well. I assume this wiki info was for the PC, but will we console guys get the Waukeen Coins in the event as well?

I just upgraded my one-month VIP to 3-month a bit ago, and as soon as I went into the VIP of the Moonstone Mask I was a bit confused by the Truetrader. I kept expecting Waukeen's stuff to drop, but it never did -- I figured maybe it was Campaigns only or something.

The PS4 article says we can get Gifts of the Gods and Blessed Gifts of the Gods, and the article mentions that Forgehammer of Gond and Lathander items can come from the latter, but the wiki also lists Oghma's Token of Free Movement, and companions like the Priestess of Sune and Helmite Paladin Ghost (I love companions.)

My thinking is that the Blessed Gift of the Gods contents WILL be the same, and they just mentioned Forgehammer and Lathander's items as the "hot tickets," but I also recognize things don't always run the same on PC as they do on console, because we're still new.

Can you advise a bit more detail on what we can look forward to this weekend?

PS: I also thought during character creation that choice of deity had no impact? All I know is that it seems like my Tempus-worshipping GWF and Tormite OP are gonna have an easier time with this than my Devoted Cleric of Corellon! (j/k)
  • Options
    muffinmarx#0948 muffinmarx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just wanted to say like the new uodate and love the game but have noticed since update that the earthen artifact weapon set is no longer boosting my def when standing still which is slightly upsetting making it kinda useless
  • Options
    ace#9545 ace Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

How do you turn off different chat channels?

Press the L1 + Down buttons to open the chat window. Then you press Triangle to access the menu. Using the left stick or the Dpad, go to "Configure Channel "Default/Social/whichever channel you want to configure" and press X. From that menu you can rename the channel, and hide or unhide whichever channels you wish. You can also change the chat colors from this same menu.

How do I claim the Fashion pack or other various promo packs?

Go to the Rewards Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave, directly across the way from Sgt. Knox, through the tunnel. With the Rewards Claims Agent store open, press the R2 button to navigate through the different tabs to see what you have available to you.

Can you rebind the controller buttons?

This is not currently an option.

Invoking won't work! I press the buttons, it goes through the animation, but I don't receive my stuff. What is wrong?

If you have any items in your Overflow bag, you will not be able to invoke. This can happen even if your bags are not full. Please check your inventory to make sure you do not have any items in your Overflow bag, and try again.

I saw someone else with a character name the same as mine? How is this possible?

Character names are not unique. You can not have 2 characters with the same name on your PSN account, but anyone else can use the same name as your characters. You will see a great many players named "Drizzt", "Legolas", "Artemis" and many variations of popular fantasy names. If you delete a character, feel free to name a new one with the same name as your old character.

Quick Tip:

Button Assignmenst CAN be changed on the PS4.
    Look under the Accessability Menu...either in the Settings Menu, or just by holding down the "PS" button for a few seconds.

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
    ...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
    YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)
  • Options
    ace#9545 said:

kreatyve said:

Press the L1 + Down buttons to open the chat window. Then you press Triangle to access the menu. Using the left stick or the Dpad, go to "Configure Channel "Default/Social/whichever channel you want to configure" and press X. From that menu you can rename the channel, and hide or unhide whichever channels you wish. You can also change the chat colors from this same menu.

Go to the Rewards Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave, directly across the way from Sgt. Knox, through the tunnel. With the Rewards Claims Agent store open, press the R2 button to navigate through the different tabs to see what you have available to you.

Invoking won't work! I press the buttons, it goes through the animation, but I don't receive my stuff. What is wrong?

If you have any items in your Overflow bag, you will not be able to invoke. This can happen even if your bags are not full. Please check your inventory to make sure you do not have any items in your Overflow bag, and try again.

I saw someone else with a character name the same as mine? How is this possible?

Character names are not unique. You can not have 2 characters with the same name on your PSN account, but anyone else can use the same name as your characters. You will see a great many players named "Drizzt", "Legolas", "Artemis" and many variations of popular fantasy names. If you delete a character, feel free to name a new one with the same name as your old character.

Quick Tip:

Look under the Accessability Menu...either in the Settings Menu, or just by holding down the "PS" button for a few seconds.
    Thank you! I will edit this!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

ace#9545 said:

kreatyve said:

Quick Tip:

Wow, a direct quote even.
    I contributed! :)
    *Stands up tall with hands on hips*
    So, THIS is what Superman feels like?
    Awesome! B)

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

• Options
    ace#9545 said:

kreatyve said:

ace#9545 said:

kreatyve said:

Quick Tip:

Awesome! B)
    There - I even credited you with it. :) Thank you!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

ace#9545 said:

kreatyve said:

ace#9545 said:

kreatyve said:

Quick Tip:

Awesome! B)
    There - I even credited you with it. :) Thank you!
    Now yer just tryin' to make me blush...ain't gunna do it...no way...ain't gunna...
    *turns head*
    Hey, look over there!
    Is that an owlbear?

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

• Options
    kromleth#1583 kromleth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Hi, English isn't my natural language so sorry if I make some mistake.

I wanted to ask how to un-bound and item to put it on the trade house, I want to sell the guardian archer I bought on the siege event, I have her as an item, I haven't named her. I looked around all the forum and in all places everyone says companions are bounded and there's no way to unbound, but in the trade house if you look for companions and type "Archer" in the searching box you'll see tons of them for sale, how can I do that?
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    By getting one that doesn't bind on pickup, but rather one that binds on equip (& then, naturally don't equip it)

Least that my suggestion.

How did you get it? Was it in a lockbox you need hero awards for as a chance reward or was it by trading in 5 writs?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Hi, English isn't my natural language so sorry if I make some mistake.

I wanted to ask how to un-bound and item to put it on the trade house, I want to sell the guardian archer I bought on the siege event, I have her as an item, I haven't named her. I looked around all the forum and in all places everyone says companions are bounded and there's no way to unbound, but in the trade house if you look for companions and type "Archer" in the searching box you'll see tons of them for sale, how can I do that?

There were two ways to obtain the [Neverember Guard Archer], as are with many events such as CTAs, which is either as a reward drop or by purchasing. In the case of the Siege Event, the [Neverember Guard Archer] was obtainable either by purchasing directly from the Siege Store or by opening a [Neverwintan Defender's Pack] and getting the favor if the RNG Gods. They always come bound when using method of purchasing them but the one that came in the [Neverwintan Defender's Pack] as a random reward was unbound. There's no way to unbind a bound item.
  • Options
    kromleth#1583 kromleth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    OK, thanks for the explanation.
  • Options
    dantragbdantragb Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    The new companions that are popping up in game are they promo pieces or are they drops in game talking about ambush drakes,Knox and other ones of that type people are saying they are coming from drops yet they are all old promo pieces from pc?
This discussion has been closed.