test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 FAQs

Comments

• Options
    heath#6868 heath Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Holy cow, I've probably left a fortune of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> laying about. I didn't know the dragons drop stuff, but only fought the one in the level 30 graveyard, but still. I'm always full. Is there a place to get bags or keys to unlock the 400+ lockboxes i have
  • Options
    myexodus152myexodus152 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I was just wondering if the Dread Enchantment is even on the PS4, and if so, how shall I go about acquiring it?
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User

I was just wondering if the Dread Enchantment is even on the PS4, and if so, how shall I go about acquiring it?

I don't think we have it on PS4 yet as it's from an earlier lockbox. I can't find any on the AH for sure. Have you thought about Vorpal, it's similar?

• Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    In reply to Heath....

First a clarification; the dragons don't drop stuff on ground, if you get something it will be in the heroic rewards tab (upper right hand side of screen) where you typically get dragon coins & draconic enchantments.

As far as running out of space; welcome to the club! Do you know about the bank where you can store some of your loot? It helps some...but no quest in game talks about it that I remember. I missed it myself until my Son showed it to me.

I recommend if you are going to play this game long term spend 10 bucks on a PSN card, get 1000 zen & buy a month of VIP.

Lotta good reasons to do this.

First it gives you an enchanted key each day you can use on your lockbox. Enchanted keys are the only way of opening them. Through VIP, over a months timeframe you basically get 30 for 10 bucks (which you used to buy 1000 zen) which is a deal considering they run 125 zen a piece otherwise.

In those lockboxes you're opening over the course of a month your bound to get some items you can sell at the auction house to fellow players for Diamonds, (which you can convert to Zen & buy another months worth, will still some items left over for you.)

Also that first vip purchase will allow you to pick up the first time buyers pack for free. I think there's a bag in there? Can't remember to be honest.

You'll also get other perks with VIP, like bonuses to exp, etc. it's tiered with each level giving you a new perk.

I highly recommend VIP.

You can buy additional bags either at the auction house for diamonds or from the zen market. You can also use Zen to upgrade your bank slot space.
  • Options
    myexodus152myexodus152 Member Posts: 2 New User
    In reply to terrordactyl, I've been trying to figure out if vorpal would be better than terror. I understand it has a higher peak damage and I have a high crit chance, but the CC I get from Trans Terror can stack with the grasping roots I already do. I tend to lean more towards vorpal, but terror is so much more affordable... Any thoughts?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

In reply to terrordactyl, I've been trying to figure out if vorpal would be better than terror. I understand it has a higher peak damage and I have a high crit chance, but the CC I get from Trans Terror can stack with the grasping roots I already do. I tend to lean more towards vorpal, but terror is so much more affordable... Any thoughts?

Terror doesn't stack with others using terror, so if you do a lot of group content and people in your group are using terror, it's not going to be as effective. I personally would go with the vorpal, but I play GWF rather than HR.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    heath#6868 heath Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Mossy, thank you. I've been debating whether to spend the money on VIP. Glad to know of another's view. Yes, I found the bank a week ago or so. Hopefully I'll be able to prosper and one day help others as well
  • Options
    thekillerx#1436 thekillerx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Where I can find Dread weapon enchantment?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Where I can find Dread weapon enchantment?

I'm not 100% they are on PS4, but if they are, they would be in the Zen Market in a 20 Enchanted key pack.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    null
    You get the shards from sharandar and have to refine them, it took me several hundred before I had success since its only got 1% chance
  • Options

null

You get the shards from sharandar and have to refine them, it took me several hundred before I had success since its only got 1% chance

That's what Coalescent Wards are for. They give you a 100% chance. They are very expensive, but you have a small chance to get one of them out of the coffers you get from the Vault of Piety for 11 Celestial Coins.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    jedidgjedidg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Apologies if this has been posted before - I have a level 70 DC with a level 19 TR ALT. I've bought the daggers from the trade bar merchant for my alt (the level 10 ones) - are these legacy weapons that scale with my ALT's level, or are they just generally more useful because they contain the enchantment slots? I'm puzzled why there are no other daggers on the trade bar weapon list from level 10-60, but the daggers don't seem be scaling as my rogue levels.

Can someone give me a breakdown of the benefits of equipment from the trade bar merchant (bought by my main for my alt) and suggest a better alternative?

Thanks,

Dave
  • Options
    jedidg said:

Apologies if this has been posted before - I have a level 70 DC with a level 19 TR ALT. I've bought the daggers from the trade bar merchant for my alt (the level 10 ones) - are these legacy weapons that scale with my ALT's level, or are they just generally more useful because they contain the enchantment slots? I'm puzzled why there are no other daggers on the trade bar weapon list from level 10-60, but the daggers don't seem be scaling as my rogue levels.

Can someone give me a breakdown of the benefits of equipment from the trade bar merchant (bought by my main for my alt) and suggest a better alternative?

Thanks,

Dave

I'd have to take another look, cause it's been a while, but I do believe that the ones in the trade bar store do not scale with your level. They are generally used for the appearances, rather than actually used. As I said, I'm not 100% sure, and can't check at this moment.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    If you could, that would be great. I think you might be right about the appearance change aspect. Either way, they DO both have an offensive enchantment slot, which makes them miles more useful than most level 19 daggers once you've socketed them :)
  • Options
    tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Is it possible to form a group larger than 5?

Say to turn my 5-man group into a raid, and then add another 5-10 people for like a stronghold dragons event.

I know I've tried looking in the UI but couldn't seem to find an option for "convert to raid" or some such. May have overlooked it, and if there is an option, would love to know how to do it.
  • Options

Say to turn my 5-man group into a raid, and add another 5-10 people for a stronghold dragons event.

I know I've tried looking in the UI but couldn't seem to find an option for "convert to raid" or some such. May have overlooked it, and if there is an option, would love to know how to do it.

You can have them in a queue group for as large as you need it to be.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    jedidg said:

If you could, that would be great. I think you might be right about the appearance change aspect. Either way, they DO both have an offensive enchantment slot, which makes them miles more useful than most level 19 daggers once you've socketed them :)

Just looked. Not scalable, but they do have free appearance change on them, meaning you can change another weapon to that appearance for no AD charge.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Say to turn my 5-man group into a raid, and add another 5-10 people for a stronghold dragons event.

Hmm, I knew about queue groups, but was hoping to have their [raid] health bars on screen to the side (smaller than normal). I'm guessing it's a no.

On a related note, does the raid chat only work for those individuals in the specific 10 and 25 man instances then?

This is one of the reasons I wondered if there was a way to up-convert a standard group to a raid group.
  • Options
    garbaush#5740 garbaush Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Having an issue sending attachments through mail to my friend. Can we not send stuff via mail to others? Also im lvl 16 and he is lvl 50(ish) if that matters.
  • Options

kreatyve said:

Hmm, I knew about queue groups, but was hoping to have their [raid] health bars on screen to the side (smaller than normal). I'm guessing it's a no.

On a related note, does the raid chat only work for those individuals in the specific 10 and 25 man instances then?

This is one of the reasons I wondered if there was a way to up-convert a standard group to a raid group.
    Unfortunately they didn't make a UI to support that.

Raid chat only works in the instances, but if you are in a queue group, there is queue chat.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options

Having an issue sending attachments through mail to my friend. Can we not send stuff via mail to others? Also im lvl 16 and he is lvl 50(ish) if that matters.

This is because of the anti-gold-spammer measures. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221249/ps4-changes-to-combat-gold-spammers
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Gotcha, so I just need to be a higher lvl then. . That shouldn't be a problem seeing I'm addicted to this game already lol.
  • Options
    > @kreatyve said:
    > If you could, that would be great. I think you might be right about the appearance change aspect. Either way, they DO both have an offensive enchantment slot, which makes them miles more useful than most level 19 daggers once you've socketed them :)
    >
    > Just looked. Not scalable, but they do have free appearance change on them, meaning you can change another weapon to that appearance for no AD charge.

Yeah - I checked this last night when I leveled and you're absolutely right.

Ironically, they would have been useful at level 10!

I've replaced them now with AH stuff/dungeon drops and used the adventurer seals to stick decent enchants in all my gear.

OP Level 22 Rogue ;)

Thanks for the help.

D
  • Options
    bellona#5585 bellona Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    i always wanted to know if its posible to get the [Hat of the Pirate Host] or Horde on ps4? dont seems like ever someone sold one.

Edited out trade request. No trading posts allowed on these forums.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options

i always wanted to know if its posible to get the [Hat of the Pirate Host] or Horde on ps4? dont seems like ever someone sold one.

Edited out trade request. No trading posts allowed on these forums.

I believe it's in the PvP campaign as a top tier prize. Don't know if it's elsewhere in the game on PS4 currently.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    **Still no permission to create new posts :neutral: **

Can anyone recommend a good DPS companion to partner up a level 70 DC Healer?

I'm really happy with my healing ability in groups but solo'ing the level 70 dailies is an absolute horror show.

Obviously I find a group where possible, but I'd like to be able to do some of the non-heroic stuff on my own.

Currently running a level 30 companion from the Seals of Elements vendor - can't remember what it's called, but I think it's the only one for about 450 seals. I also have the Dwarven Rogue DPS up to max (before evolution) and the control wizard that was part of the special reward with the blue tiger.

Thanks,

Dave
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    jedidg said:

**Still no permission to create new posts :neutral: **

Can anyone recommend a good DPS companion to partner up a level 70 DC Healer?

I'm really happy with my healing ability in groups but solo'ing the level 70 dailies is an absolute horror show.

Obviously I find a group where possible, but I'd like to be able to do some of the non-heroic stuff on my own.

Currently running a level 30 companion from the Seals of Elements vendor - can't remember what it's called, but I think it's the only one for about 450 seals. I also have the Dwarven Rogue DPS up to max (before evolution) and the control wizard that was part of the special reward with the blue tiger.

Thanks,

Dave

My cleric friend runs the Drow Merc and is quite happy with him, though he's considering going with an Ioun stone
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    polymorphingpolymorphing Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If I purchase VIP on PC will I have VIP on the PS4 as well?
  • Options
    bellona#5585 bellona Member Posts: 12 Arc User

If I purchase VIP on PC will I have VIP on the PS4 as well?

no i had to buy on both
  • Options
    Dave I run devoted cleric and when I run solo I change my encounters and what not, helps a ton. Then when I know im gonna run in a group I just switch it back. Not sure if that's what you were looking for but it works for my. Also Healer is currently only a 58
This discussion has been closed.