test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 FAQs

Comments

• Options
    heath#6868 heath Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Mossy, thank you very much. Yeah, I've yet to get the second artifact when I got to level 60. Now at 64, still trying to do these and get better
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

It's been wildly discussed that the archer is sorta a glass canon with crazy evasion abilities that's kinda low on firepower unless you run a certain trapper build.

In fact the PC character skills have gotten an overhaul because it's so single path...it will get better, save for a respec token when the patch drops on the PS4 side....or look up viable builds now, but they very well could chNge later & not work.

I'm in the same boat to be honest with my HR; just doing research, trying stuff out & trying to "get good"

As it stands I deflect like a mad man but am always mid grade or lower ANYWHERE when it comes to damage done.

If I try to tackle, say...Ghost Stories on my lonesome & they upscale my 64 to a 70 I get my butt handed to me.

Ghost Stories is hard for almost any class if you are doing it pre level 70, unfortunately. GWF, OP, and maybe GF can solo it, but other classes need help.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Thanks, helps my ego a bit, lol.

How about that second Harper special in the swamps....that Barrow thing.

It's another scale up & a similar blood bath

Also Heath; while I'm glad to help take anything I say with a grain of salt. I've been a gamer a very long time & love RPG's but this game is my first MMO & I'm pretty much just a giant noob myself.

May get better answers than mine, later.

Some great Ranger builds online, btw. Haven't checked in a week or so thus I'm not sure how well they play with that latest balance tweak on PC that will sooner or later head our way.

Good luck fellow Ranger
  • Options
    Aye, Mossy. I'm one of those who enjoys the journey and learning the class is part of the journey.

Kreatyve, thank you. I agree with Mossy, if nothing else, my ego feels better knowing its not just me.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Thanks, helps my ego a bit, lol.

How about that second Harper special in the swamps....that Barrow thing.

It's another scale up & a similar blood bath

Also Heath; while I'm glad to help take anything I say with a grain of salt. I've been a gamer a very long time & love RPG's but this game is my first MMO & I'm pretty much just a giant noob myself.

May get better answers than mine, later.

Some great Ranger builds online, btw. Haven't checked in a week or so thus I'm not sure how well they play with that latest balance tweak on PC that will sooner or later head our way.

Good luck fellow Ranger

The Barrow quest isn't quite as tough as Ghost Stories, but if your gear and enchants aren't high enough, you will have trouble. I highly recommend rank 7 enchants or higher from level 60 on.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    I'm sitting with 3 of the blue ones at rank 9 for my utility slots for a nice experience boost.....that said I have to survive the experience to get the experience XD

Think it's back to the lab to do some retooling.
  • Options
    Oh, I just got mine all to rank 5, all offinse ones power, defense ones defense, and utility ones movement, you say I need them to rank 7 and change the defense ones to deflection?
  • Options
    Also, still trying to get level 60 or higher gear all the way around, but haven't gotten everything up thst high yet, almost to 65 and stil have some gear in the 40s
  • Options
    Deflection will depend on your build; it might work for you or it could leave you hosed doing little damage like me. Guys have done the heavy lifting for us allready with their builds & advice.

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Btw, if you got gear still in the 40's & you have some adventurer seals built up, may as well do some shopping.

All I use my seals for is to buy rank 5 enchantments to feed my rank upgrades/artifact refinements & for astral diamond bags when they are running that double AD event. Sometimes I forget I've got em & get aggravated at myself because the seals are just setting there maxed out & anything earned new doesn't add to the count.
  • Options
    Thats where I got my rank 5 enchantments, but what are diamond bags?
  • Options
    Same section as the enchantment jewels but it says a rough bag of Astral Diamonds. Think it's on the upper right side.

You get 500 hundred of them for 500 seals I think. On double AD events you get 1000 AD for 500 seals....meaning you can get a ton of rough from seal farming in dungeons after your Skirmish & Dungeon events top out
  • Options
    What do you mean? Skirmish & Dungeon events? Farming? AD event?
  • Options
    Like I said in a different post to introduce yourself. Played these a bit, but never was social. I don't know these terms
  • Options
    Oh no trouble, I get that.

Basically you know the game has many currencies & there is a trade house to exchange one specific type for another, Astral Diamond to Zen.

Each currency type, be it diamonds, zen, seals, ardent coins....they all have one thing in common. A guy can buy a certain item using whatever currency (and as long as it's not account bound) They can then put the item on the action house & it can be bought by another player....but the Exchanges only deals in Astral Diamond

Thus those diamonds are pretty important & easy to make. You get them by doing events you find in your queue

You earn some by doing dungeon events, some from call of arms, you also get some by praying. Since you are buying stuff though, this is all likely old news.

AD event was an announcement in game two weeks ago... you can tab over & check your calendar to see what's coming up next.

A double AD event just means you get twice as many diamonds as you usually would for praying, doing a dungeon & opening the chest, or getting the free to open chest in skirmishes (they have a cross axe icon) or a call to arms event.

Last weekend saw a double refinement event happen meaning you'd get double refinement points when feeding your artifact or trying to boost an enchantment gem up a rank.

I'd be happy to tell you (if I'm playing) what event is going on currently & try to explain it better....feel free to message me. My reply might not be immediate but I promise to get back to you.
  • Options
    Farming is just a term....meaning to do something repeatedly to get something...or try to.

When I say I'm farming it just means I'm doing something repeatedly to try & get something...when it comes to astral diamonds it just means I'm doing something repeatedly for a chance at either enemy seal drops or the end dungeon treasure chest chest loot containing 200 or so (though keep in mind it takes AD to buy keys & that the dungeon task repeated won't be a good way to get diamonds necessarily; just use the daily free key from the dungeon otherwise you are spending more on a key than you might make from opening it)

Farming long of the short is just the grind. Last event I farmed a pit fight over & over again to try to get a rare reward based off of chance not performance...the thing I was after was the shadow wolf mount. Each event has chances for certain rewards, some are random...other times like this cool Days of the Dungron Master event...it presents itself as a campaign & you can work toward something too....Ik going for the owl bear statue!
  • Options
    Wait, what? You can trade diaminds for Zen?
  • Options
    Yep....the exchange rate is pretty steep as of late, but as high as your character is level wise....odds are you can hit the trade house & exchange diamonds for zen.

You can also do the opposite & sell your zen for AD.

The auction house only deals in diamonds though, exclusively.
  • Options
    You lost me. I don't know what your talking about. I know you get the diamonds from praying and can spend them in the auction house. Not sure what you mean you can earn them elsewhere. Zen I thought was the money you spent real money to buy from the website. Then the copper, gold, and silver. I did see one day I had 1200 of seals but no idea where they came from, so I bought the enchantments. Your saying there are more types of currencies and more ways to earn them? My head is swimming trying to understand this
  • Options
    Im constantly out of diamonds, was wondering how people have such good gear and things. Just figured they were all rich and spent real money to buy stuff in the game
  • Options
    Okay, also, what are you shorthanding AD to mean
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    No worries it's a lot to take in.

A lot of layers, for instance you discussed praying for diamonds....You also get coins for praying, two types....celestial & ardent. Odds are you have topped out one type & can turn it in for some goodies!

This is off memory so bear with me..& I could be wrong....from in game/running screen hit options once. You'll see your character list screen where you can scroll down selecting mounts, companions, etc. (this isn't the tab you want, it's just for reference)

Once on that screen hit either L1 or L2...not sure which. You should then see a row of options with shops like trade house zen exchange, etc

Go to the one on the very bottom....think it's called celestial something or other. You can then trade in your coins. They look very similar to each other but there are two types (one has the line running through the circle pointing the other way) but one caps at 14 so you can't get more until you spend the ones you have (if you have fourteen) the other caps in the hundreds....it will take a long time but with enough you can buy some great weapons & even a companion. You can cash in the one at 14 to buy potions, or crates that contain different refining items or professions.

Now for the queue section. If you would exit out of everything again & go back to the game, hit options like you did before but this time tab to the right in menus by pushing either R1 or R2 eventually you will see a list of options called queues. If you select it on the right hand side you will see a list of options, this would be where you set up to do "events" or a dungeon crawl or call to arms. You'll get significant diamonds for doing them (though after doing an event, dungeon, or skirmish twice it drops from a few thousand to a few hundred)

It's all very confusing & Im a terrible explainer. I'd be happy to try and talk you through it on a mic at some point, but tonight is not a good night for gaming, unfortunately . Hopefully someone comes along to explain it better, otherwise I'd be happy to talk you through it tomorrow if we can get on at the same time

Understanding menu navigation is key though....& don't worry, it takes some trial & error. You'll have a handle on it soon enough
  • Options
    Whoops sorry, missed your comment taking so long typing, lol.

AD short hand is Astral Diamonds.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. I'll have to look at it in a few hours when I'm able to get online. Don't usually play until about midnight Atlanta time
  • Options
    I have a mic, not sure it works though
  • Options
    Seals come from running dungeons. There are several different types of Seals. They all max out at 1200.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Mossy, thank you for taking time to explain this. I'm starting to understand. People use a lot of shorthand thinking everyone knows what they are talking about. Glad to start learning a little.

Kreatyve, thank you I wonder how long I had the 1200 if that is the cap. I didn't realize I had them until I was level 60.
  • Options
    Mossy, what can you do with a statue "owl bear statue" is it like an icon for a priest? It's good to know you can get a mount in this place other than the free ones I was given
  • Options
    How do you know where to go grind for specific equipment. Especially. For someone like me who is so clueless and I haven't gotten my mic to work so far. Can you solo most if these things? I've gotten dropped from every party I've been in since I was so clueless and couldn't communicate. Figured I probably didn't wabt to really hear what they were saying most the time.
  • Options
    you can put it in your item tool bar, think of it like a potion in that regard....

This "potion" never needs purchased again to restock & instead of healing you....when you use it you summon an owlbear that does a couple thousand damage to the enemy. After it goes away a timer ticks down & you can eventually use it again.

Sorta like an additional cool damage dealing power, but linked to your item use hot keys (either left, right or down on the cross pad you push up on to summon your mount)

That is, if I'm understanding things correctly
  • Options
    If you start the campaign Tyranny of Dragons, whenever they level you down in a zone by a dragon, any pickup you get there will level jump to your accurate level once you leave that campaign zone.

That's where I farm for equipment, plus sometimes in fighting the dragon you'll get dragon gear to drop. Also with it leveling me down for the area I never feel out of my league & can handle the mobs easier

Got an extra dragon bone bow last week & sold it on the auction house for close to 100 thousand diamonds!

That's my method, I'm sure others have better ones
This discussion has been closed.