Install Arc
Options

PS4 FAQs

Comments

• Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    firosa said:

will do but typically /em in mmo i've played are player made emoting.

question as well, is there a site or sticke'd thread with neverwinter jargon explination? Everyone who talk about this game states its not a pick up and play game. I've had trouble understanding the combat stats, secondary stats, class/role jargon this games has. any chance there is a write out that explains it? I tried google and had trouble.

Love the game but still learning the terminology.

Try here: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki
  • Options
    vyshnaravyshnara Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have what is likely to be a daft question but, can we cross-platform with Xbox One please? I know that PC and Mac players are on their own servers, but can Xbox One and PS4 players play together or are there essentially three separate server groups: PC/ Mac, Xbox One and PS4? Thank you for your help
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    vyshnara said:

I have what is likely to be a daft question but, can we cross-platform with Xbox One please? I know that PC and Mac players are on their own servers, but can Xbox One and PS4 players play together or are there essentially three separate server groups: PC/ Mac, Xbox One and PS4? Thank you for your help

Nope. All 3 platforms are completely separate.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    acidicapple92#4295 acidicapple92 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi guys, I'm new to Neverwinter and have been slamming in some serious game time for the last 5 days. Since the server maintenance happened this morning, I haven't been able to take my blessing. Have any of you had the same issue?

Cheers heaps, Acidic_Apple92
  • Options
    drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User

Hi guys, I'm new to Neverwinter and have been slamming in some serious game time for the last 5 days. Since the server maintenance happened this morning, I haven't been able to take my blessing. Have any of you had the same issue?

Cheers heaps, Acidic_Apple92

you either have something in a overflow bag or full of celestial coins those two things will prevent you from invoking
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Hi guys, probationary new user, long time lurker.

I have a question regarding a bow I've recently picked up for my Hunter/Ranger from the dragon fights in their respected campaign.

It's not as good as my +6 bow of something or other, but in the collection description it seems to suggest the weapon grows with your character.....I'm sort of at a loss on how to make that happen.

It doesn't seem like it can be refined like an enchantment gear or artifact. It does have to slots for gems though none of mine seem to be the right type for second listed slot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated from this noob, lol. There's just so many (fun) intricacies to this game. Thanks in advance & I look forward to getting to know some of the forum regulars & maybe catching a game or two with those who play on the PS4.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @mossy#5930 Is it the Dragon Bone weapon? If so, it automatically levels up when you do, until you are level 60. That one stops leveling at 60. The 2nd slot is for a Weapon Enchantment. Weapon enchantments are quite pricey. You can find them in the AH if you look for any of the following: Lifedrinker, Flaming, Frost, Bilethorn, Lightning, Vorpal, Holy Avenger, Bronzewood, Terror, Feytouched, Plague Fire, Dread. You want the Epic (purple) enchants, not the Rare (Blue) shards. It takes 4 shards of the same type to make the enchant, but there is only a 1% chance, so most people use either a ton of preservation wards or a coalescent ward to make them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Ah, thank you then! That is indeed the weapon! So seeing as how I'm just a tick or two past 60 & it's no longer going to evolve with my character I'm faced with a common dilemma, sell or hold.

I'm not 100% certain but I don't believe it's bound; I do really like the looks of it though; I'm tempted to vault it & keep it for transmutation/looks.

I think I'll hold on to it, if only to better understand the whole weapon enchantment game. You've given me a whole new topic to research & check out, lol.

Is it safe to say those more pricey weapon enchantments would be better served on 70 level campaign weapon drops?

Thanks again, the help is most appreciated.
  • Options
    It shouldn't be bound unless you have equipped it. Enchants do not typically bind at all, so if you can afford to get a weapon enchant now, and have slots for it, the sooner the better.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Follow up questions (sorry to be annoying)

If you use zen to upgrade your banks holding space does it do so across all your toons or is it just 1 instance per character?

Also can you only have 1 clan joined per account or can each toon join a different one? My Son has a character on my account & would like to form one with his friends & Im planning to do likewise. I'm just uncertain if we should pool up in a big group or (as being a teenager he likely wants some privacy) if he could have one separate from mine.
  • Options
    sianie#6322 sianie Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do I travel to the adventure zones? The different areas like blacklake and Tower districts? Thanks
  • Options
    meridian#5593 meridian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Maybe the wrong spot for this question, so dont flame me. Does anyone know if your stacked items will, at some point, show you how many you already have in inventory. example: I dont know if I need a arcana kit, or dungeoneering kit, when im at the vendor, it would be nice to see a something that tells me I have X amount in my inventory. this would help in other cases as well. so I dont have to leave the vendor open my menu and check my inventory, and try to remember how many of what kit or X item I have, then go back to vendor, rinse repeat.
  • Options
    misery#1018 misery Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is anyone getting major lag issues or is it just me ?
  • Options
    sonicsniper123sonicsniper123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would love to know when we are going to be caught up even a little more with pc/xbox on the ps4. I would love to see guild alliance implemented, but it seems that we are being put on the back burner here with the slow bug fixes and the like. Please do put a date on the release for Guild alliance for us please.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

I would love to know when we are going to be caught up even a little more with pc/xbox on the ps4. I would love to see guild alliance implemented, but it seems that we are being put on the back burner here with the slow bug fixes and the like. Please do put a date on the release for Guild alliance for us please.

They were saying that they were shooting for the end of the year
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Follow up questions (sorry to be annoying)

If you use zen to upgrade your banks holding space does it do so across all your toons or is it just 1 instance per character?

Also can you only have 1 clan joined per account or can each toon join a different one? My Son has a character on my account & would like to form one with his friends & Im planning to do likewise. I'm just uncertain if we should pool up in a big group or (as being a teenager he likely wants some privacy) if he could have one separate from mine.

I can answer the clan one - if you have 8 different characters you can have each one in a separate guild. We have people in our guild who also have characters in other guilds.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    So about the first time buyers pack, I bought a month of V.I.P membership when the game launched for the Ps4. So why haven't I received it yet? I am pretty sure I know how to retrieve it? But still, nothing:( I also know you have to transfer 500 zen your account first. I'll think I'll contact customer support, cause I forgot how this forum works. When it comes to getting answers.

• Options
    thealien#9627 thealien Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by thealien#9627 on
  • Options
    r3viv3d#8747 r3viv3d Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So i found the AD armor trader on ps4 but i can't talk to him.. why?
    ~Of-Course~
  • Options
    hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User

How do I travel to the adventure zones? The different areas like blacklake and Tower districts? Thanks

Get to the next transfer area (Essentially a gate). You can see the gates on the area map (L1+up on DPad). If you select an appropriate mission leading to another area, usually the system will draw a path to the next transfer gate.
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Does the first time buyers pack only work for one character?

I got it on my first character after buying and spending Zen. Today I bought 500 more zen with a new character and spent it but didn't get first time buyers pack for this character.
  • Options
    blindmuze#5078 blindmuze Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The first time buyers pack is once per account.
  • Options
    rathberius1988rathberius1988 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently entered one of the tabletop segments of the game, I think it was Respen's Marvelous Game, however I would like to exit that area and return to Neverwinter. Is there any way to do this?
  • Options
    The cave to the left of the wizard.
  • Options

The cave to the left of the wizard.

Thank you for helping to answer questions in my absence. I gotta sleep sometime. ;)
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    No problem, I was able to answer, so I did!
  • Options
    heath#6868 heath Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I have a newbie question, but it's to be expected if you knew me. Everyone seems to move a lot faster in dungeons than I do, for all 3 of my characters, an archer, a rogue, and a warlock. Is this only based on my movement score? Also, after I reached level 60 with my archer, I can't seem to complete hardly any quests. I'm sure it's a gear thing, but get killed often with a single hit. Is that common?
  • Options
    Get the red colored enchantment stones & throw em in anything with a utility slot.(typically helmets bracers & boots) Easiest way to make you quicker
  • Options
    It's been wildly discussed that the archer is sorta a glass canon with crazy evasion abilities that's kinda low on firepower unless you run a certain trapper build.

In fact the PC character skills have gotten an overhaul because it's so single path...it will get better, save for a respec token when the patch drops on the PS4 side....or look up viable builds now, but they very well could chNge later & not work.

I'm in the same boat to be honest with my HR; just doing research, trying stuff out & trying to "get good"

As it stands I deflect like a mad man but am always mid grade or lower ANYWHERE when it comes to damage done.

If I try to tackle, say...Ghost Stories on my lonesome & they upscale my 64 to a 70 I get my butt handed to me.
  • Options
    Between the fox dodge & turning invisible & our normal dodge that can be kept high gauge wise due to builds....the Rangers great at Not getting hit....when mine gets hit though, it's ugly, lol.

Thus I go for high deflection & have been working on that water artifact ever since I picked it early on.
This discussion has been closed.