test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Removal of Legacy Set Bonuses

Comments

• jamesbond007#6020 jamesbond007 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Good choice, I forgive you all for shutting down gateway now. We all have to make adjustments at times.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    One of the bigger issues with this game, armor wise, is the god aweful stat distribution and set bonuses that are cranked out now a days. Couple that with terrible "new" mechanics (getting the armor drop, farming all the items you need to restore it so its equippable, then continuing to farm your life away just to keep it empowered) and there's a reason why no one is wearing the new armor but still wearing armor from mods ago.

You really should post about this in the main forum though. You're going to have cranky players who buy the sets between now and then but didn't see this thread.
    Post edited by eion311 on
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Hi @asterdahl , @strumslinger , @mimicking#6533

the change is understandable but it affects a lot of sets that for sure are not skewing any run, so a half ground solution would be putting a long cooldown on the "broken" sets.

It would be great if we could get a full list of the sets that are going to disappear, for example I do own a full Battlefield Skulker set too that I mainly use for weekly missions, is it going to vanish too although it doesn't affect negatively any end content game?

I do hope that if sets are going to disappear you do something like you did with Lostmauth set some time ago and you give something in exchange, for example a Bound to Character item of choice.

Thanks a lot.
  • kate#1038 kate Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Old sets that only buff damage and decrease survivability is bad, and DC Geas that BREAKS all game mechanic(Demo/FBI and etc "we need a stopper DC!") - is fine :s

Instead moving from the damage to the tactics and mechanics gameplay (Demo and Drufi... oops they can be bypassed) we are involved to another damage rush... Hope that game become players friendly someday...
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I just bought the third piece for my HV set.
    Just to be told afterwards that a high-up in Cryptic said in a thread somewhere that all the sets are going to be made into useless items (set bonus removed).
    If this is true?
    Who was that?
    Why do so game-changing (maybe also game healing) things are said in a side thread of a subforum but not announced on the news page?
    Why can the items still be traded on the AH?
    How does Cryptic plan to compensate the players that bought these items for a huge amount of money?

Please help me understand how PWE/Cryptic ticks, because this is really terrible to see. I just wasted1.9 million AD.
    Now I have the chance to
    *) try to rip off another poor sod who does not read the forum 24/7 (have not worn it yet)
    *) suck it up and salvage the item I bought for 1.9m AD for 5.5k AD

I can not even enjoy the set for a few months as so far I don't have the complete set. And I don't plan to get the 4th piece just to wear it for a short time.

Cryptic, please help me!

• tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Dear @asterdahl
    I finally found the thread where you explain that the pre-mod 5 sets will be "changed".
    Thank you very much for giving the players from the preview shard a head start.
    I am sure I am not the only one totally angry at this moment.

For those who don't know please read
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1218370/high-prophet-and-knight-captain-set

• crysta11inecrysta11ine Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm not sure a bonus to salvage is necessary but surely being able to remove our armor kits would be fair?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Get rekt? There was no guarantee that the set bonus would remain as is. They made it so they don't drop over two years ago, anyone buying them now should've known the risk involved.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    I'm glad not only to hear that you want remove old sets, but I really like that you presented your thoughts and opinion on the matter.
    I must say I can see some fresh air in players & developers community. Very good change ;)
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @asterdahl you have defnitely right on the removal and the thing about making new sets an appealing reward...
    there is a major flaw there too: no set will result appealing anymore if everytime a new module comes we have to spent a million ADs in reinforcement kits. let us remove them and use again !
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Its really amusing to see all the ppl crying for nerfs. Remove the old sets, nerf buffs/debuffs mechanics... Apparently its so exiting to spent 50-60 minutes on one FBI run when in reality its no longer than elol. Juts millions of hp on everything so it would seem long. Oh and to what end? Have fun wasting an hour only to find out a half-eaten apple in the chest. Balancing out the rewards? Common.. What rewards? Last time we had rewards in the game... Mods 1-4 with old GG/T2s & old CN around. Before all this bind to char/artifact gear. Today spoiled apples all the way. Or you seriously calling farming for salvage & running same content 200-300+ times for a chance to get a good ring or artifact rewarding?
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm not excited about this one bit. I swap between my mod 5 gear and my current (non-empowered) gear (combo dusk and DF) a lot depending on group situation and the dungeon i'm in. I haven't done FBI because I do not like empowered gear and really don't feel its the best use of time if the dungeons only "high end" reward is armor that has to be empowered to be BIS. I have been playing since a little after the game has been released and through the ups and downs i have enjoyed it (expect Mod 6). I like the new zone they are fun and very stunning. With this change its just seems more stuff is being taking away and make me unhappy... We lose more stuff (mod 5 gear) and gain the grindy empowerment gear... We lost our dungeon selection (I really miss DV and Spell Plague), we lost gateway... I really could use some good news right now....
    @rayrdan no one was forcing you to use reinforcement kits.
    Same with Artifact weapon, Reinforcements kits and Elemental gear :D

Real issue btc - its not player or alt friendly.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    kate#1038 said:

@rayrdan no one was forcing you to use reinforcement kits.
    Same with Artifact weapon, Reinforcements kits and Elemental gear :D

Real issue btc - its not player or alt friendly.

no one is forcing me to play at all or try new sets if this is your argument @kate#1038
    @rayrdan thats sad true... :(
    already tired of this mods "dressing" rush...no time to play with other alts, supporters and have fun ...
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    asterdahl said:

We're aiming to continue addressing these problematic areas, we even have some additional adjustments planned for this module. This is a first step we felt we had to take to ensure that as we continued to make these adjustments we were affecting groups equally.

Obviously this issue has remained stagnant for a long time so I can understand those who are skeptical of impending changes. All I can say is: please continue to watch for future adjustments and continue to provide feedback. It's very valuable to us.

Then why, exactly, is this item...

... in the next lockbox?

We reported it several times. It's quite rare now, but if you put it in the nex lockbox, everyone will spend money to upgrade it, just to see it fixed when it's a bit too late.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    urabask said:

Get rekt? There was no guarantee that the set bonus would remain as is. They made it so they don't drop over two years ago, anyone buying them now should've known the risk involved.

Except that they didn't give a notice way much earlier like....a few months after they don't drop anymore. And as you said, two whole years. Why...now?

Edit: Just only read dev's post about the topic. Okay. Not sure if it's justified but I can only assume that the old dev team is the one at fault here.
    Post edited by ajlir#7970 on
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    krymkac said:

Its really amusing to see all the ppl crying for nerfs. Remove the old sets, nerf buffs/debuffs mechanics... Apparently its so exiting to spent 50-60 minutes on one FBI run when in reality its no longer than elol. Juts millions of hp on everything so it would seem long. Oh and to what end? Have fun wasting an hour only to find out a half-eaten apple in the chest. Balancing out the rewards? Common.. What rewards? Last time we had rewards in the game... Mods 1-4 with old GG/T2s & old CN around. Before all this bind to char/artifact gear. Today spoiled apples all the way. Or you seriously calling farming for salvage & running same content 200-300+ times for a chance to get a good ring or artifact rewarding?

could not have said it better myself!
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I would imagine that the speed run farming of Fangbreaker Island is the first opportunity the Devs have had to actually single out the affect of these old sets. A few small groups have worked out how to complete this new dungeon 'efficiently' using the features of the old sets along with some careful coordination. With so few regular players able to even enter the dungeon, the figures will have been relatively easy to work through giving them justifiction to act before the same approach is taken with the new major dungeon in the patch/mod dropping in November.

With lots of ordinary players able to relatively easily complete other dungeons, even recent ones like the revised version of Castle Never, it would have been hard to sort out the underlying factors which would be why no action has been taken before now.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    well, that's freed up 4 bank slots on a few of my characters,
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I understand that these wearables are a problem.
    I understand that they want to alter them.
    I am furious that some players had a head start on this information.
    I despise that something very valuable I is taken/altered/destroyed/devalued and so far no compensation is being discussed.

When are they remove the bonus from Vorpal enchantments because they speed up Fanbreaker runs?

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    If these sets are so powerful and game breaking exchange them with the appropriate Relic Armor set.

Just taking (or destroying) is not the right way to go.

And why are these items still trade-able anyway after this statement from asterdahl?
    In the past Cryptic demonstrated that they can disable items on the AH without much effort in the running system.
    What is keeping you do do this here and now? Not enough people scammed?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    krymkac said:

Last time we had rewards in the game... Mods 1-4 with old GG/T2s & old CN around.

I agree...but think about this. When did this "runaway" power creep start to really build?

Module 6.

When did the game stop really feeling good about dungeon rewards, upgrades and loot?

Module 6.

So do you think that perhaps the fact that they're finally starting to address this runaway power creep might actually lead back to more challenging and rewarding dungeons?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Now about those Bonding stones... @asterdahl ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Even funnier, there are at least 3 player selling their HP/HVset in PE trades channel, if someone buys it from them i think they will cry later.
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

Now about those Bonding stones... @asterdahl ;D

Haha I bet you want half of the neverwinter community to cry over this post right?

• miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    This is terrible news >.< I dont really care about doing dungeons faster/slower due to using HP, but for someone who has been playing this game since the very beginning its just meh.

We've spent a lot of time grinding old dungeons, back when the head piece dropped from Spellplague Caverns and it was 2-5 mil on AH for it. We didnt have "free" VIP keys and some profession bots to make AD out of nowhere, we had to farm dungeons for AD.
    Why not just nerf it? Make it 10% instead of 30%? Why remove the ONLY good set for a DC in the game? Some of us been using only that set since M1, never changed it..

Why not add more useful sets for our class, not just the ones that give stats?
    I know that DC is the healing class, but so many of us prefer buffing/debuffing, we choose our builds to be that way, so why take away the only set that completes it?

And it's hilarious because as a cleric with the new set I buff almost the same (I admit there could be 3-4% difference, that's game changing probably).

Sorry but its BS :) If you and another person have the exact same build, you dont have HP set but they do, then its obvious they will do more than you. Sure it depends on the boss and its mechanics, the DR/defense blablabla, but Ive ran a dungeon with you in the team and it was NOTHING close to other clerics who use the set. You might give more power due to the fact that HP is T1 and have less stats, but other than that? Nope. I dont know, maybe its just that they were using their powers better or smth, no idea. But the difference was huge.

I agree that both High Prophet and High Vizier are overpowered atm, but removing them aint the way to go.
    jazzfong said:

I can accept, although feeling very sad my favorite HP set will be nerfed... I purposely adjust my DC so he can wear the set without much survivability problem... Can we just have an armor trade in just like how lostmauth works? Then we can get a bag of RAD and our reinforcement kit back, except those who bought the set with millions of AD who paid more than us, 4x greater armor reinforcement is 800k+ AD which is not cheap, it is like more than 3 weeks getting full RAD each day. Can we have a simple merchant to cut down our lost since this is a forced nerf? @asterdahl

^^^ That. I dont think people should get any AD for it, but it would be very nice to at least be able to trade our sets to something else.. Ive never bothered to even farm any other PvE set cause HP was enough, even with 60k hitpoints :P

I saw someone was complaining about being "forced" to use high prophet and they didnt like it cause of having 50k hitpoints but personally I like it, its a challenge. Ive done FBI in the set so many times, without a paladin on my team and it was OK, didnt die that much either.

We should be able to choose how we want to play and in what kind of gear, I rather play with 50k hp and nerfed high prophet than with 150k hp and useless stats..

Not to mention that questing as a PvP DC (no dps/debuff) is a freaking NIGHTMARE, and High Prophet was/is the only set that helps to not go crazy while doing dailies >.<
    Post edited by miyanaa on
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Well nvm it's a lost cause.
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    @asterdahl

Hmm it would be great indeed if we could remove the major reinforcement kits intact from those sets that's smth i would value, though i would like to keep it in my inventory too so trading it to get a reinforcement back wouldn't work i'd rather lose 800k more than just destroy a part of my character's soul. If i could get the reinforcement back and keep the set I'd do it though, because even if nerfed after all this time it's grown to you and it's value really becomes all this mills worth in AH.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

asterdahl said:

We're aiming to continue addressing these problematic areas, we even have some additional adjustments planned for this module. This is a first step we felt we had to take to ensure that as we continued to make these adjustments we were affecting groups equally.

Obviously this issue has remained stagnant for a long time so I can understand those who are skeptical of impending changes. All I can say is: please continue to watch for future adjustments and continue to provide feedback. It's very valuable to us.

Then why, exactly, is this item...

... in the next lockbox?

We reported it several times. It's quite rare now, but if you put it in the nex lockbox, everyone will spend money to upgrade it, just to see it fixed when it's a bit too late.
    1)I wouldnt even trying get it for 10 seconds duration. 2) debuff scaling yes but read 1. 3) a smaller and normal debuff with higher duration is better than > 10 seconds with cooldown 60 or you think the whole pt will get token for 100% uptime? that would be crazy.