Install Arc
Options

icydrake's GWF PvP Build (mod 10.5) - Speed Demon v7

123457»

Comments

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Updated a video to show how Speed Demon v6 build performs in PvE.

Master Svardborg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcepXUfwj1M

Many PvP GWFs struggle on end game PvE Content's performance (Fangbreaker Isle, Master Svardborg), I have decided to create a video on how Speed Demon v6 Build's GWFs can still perform in PvE, specifically on DPS contribution.

Before I go too much into details I will be upfront that a PvE GWF will generally have higher Crit Chance/Crit Severity from either Dex/Boons/Feats and therefore will be higher in DPS. However, a Speed Demon GWF can help offset the gap by having higher base Power + Combat Advantage bonus.

Here are a few key things to make your Speed Demon GWF competitive in PvE.

1. Weapon Enchantment: Vorpal

2. Class Features: Destroyer+Wrathful Determination or Weapon Mastery if your Crit chance is below 70%

3. Companions: Get a Fire Archon or at least a 3 Offensive Slots companion, slot Bonding enchantment, as to other ring/amulet/talisman accessories slot, gear your companion with as much Critical Chance items as possible. (e.g. Rising Precision, Sudden Precision, Dod ring...etc) If you can reach 70+% Crit without the Crit Rings, then it will be good to slot a Sudden Brutality ring instead.

4. Mount Insignia: Use Assassin's Convenant, Protector's Camaraderie, Protector's Friendship and feel free to slot in any other two offensive mount bonus, or as Lia suggested you could use 3 x Protector's Camaraderie.

5. Make sure you use PvE Armor/Rings/Artifacts with high CRIT bonus.

6. Try to always use Hidden Dagger+Battlefury to self-buff before hitting IBS.

Once you have all these in place, you should be able to deal approximately 70~80% DPS of the better PvE GWFs, the main difference will be the Crit Seveirty and multi-targeting at-will/encounters the SM build uses.

PS1: Sorry about the bad lags, I play from Australia and has very bad ping here (~350 on average and probably about 1000~2000 ping at eSVA's starting phase...), so when there are too many things happening on the screen, my game desynches a lot. The lag usually goes away at phase 2 :)

PS: I have not tested, but I believe if you invest 3 points into +15 Crit Severity feat and take the +Crit Severity ToD Boon, then you could closer the gap to even smaller level.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    You always clobber me with combat advantage. Ugh!
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @icyphish
    Did anything major change in mod 10.5? and how are your new weapons? enjoying them more then the drowned?

If you have the time please update your guide please! Thanks man.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    @trentbail21 Too lazy to update the buid since there's only minor changes, basically a few things happen in mod 10.5

1. New weapon, everyone is now doing more damage, and the loss of healing from Drown weapon is very noticible, unfortunately as GWF has no dodge mechanic we are now taking noticibly MORE damage. TR's SE is now hitting about 190K damage, GF's Griffon Wrath is now hitting about 50~60k a hit (3 charges), HR stays 100% deflect/200K HP with amazing self heals / life steals and VERY HIGH AOE Piercing Damage (many agrees this needs to looked at, but it doesn't look like dev's planning to do anything about it)

Anyway, to counter the new changes, I have updated my build with the following
    1. 5/5 Ubiquito Shield (or whatever the feat is called, -25% CA damage)
    2. Pumped life steal to 25~27% to compensate the loss from Drown weapon.
    3. Pumped HP to about 200K to increase the survial chance against TR's SE and HR's Piercing damage.

So far its working pretty well, but I am planning to do more test to probably increase the deflect chance to 40~45% with slightly less power while keeping armpen to approximately 9~10k.

Will update the build once I have done more tests and perfected the setup. :)

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I thought the Deflection build had been tested to death? General testing for the class was considered HP> LS> Deflection. Also that would mean rolling back to a STR/DEX build? I'm still using the LM set because I didn't want to give up the 1k ArP or the extra Dexterity (i run 33% deflection). I'm still having a terrible time against HRs. Like instant death if I get smoke bombed by a TR and then an HR throws down PG. or the Courage Breaker/Piercing combo. Any tips other than run run run when fighting these 2 classes together? Everyone else I'm ok with, even GF can't get me with their rotation. It's really just the HR/TR combo or an HR by himself to be honest. A BiS HR anyway.
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @icyphish
    Roger icy thanks for getting back to me i run a very very similiar build on xbox but I did one thing different then you. I run draconics in the offense slots which is GREAT you lose about 700 power but gain about 2k recovery if you switch them for your vicious in your offense slots. This will make your battlefury cooldown about 10.5 seconds if you take 4 points in battlefury feats too which is GREAT imo.

Cant wait to see what you do with it. Im very interested but not sure how you can have 200k hp, 25% + ls and 40% deflect. Guess ill have to wait and see lol. Thank you again.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    @nickjdowe
    You are quite right HP and LS is definately the most important pick for Defensive stats, however you can still pump your Deflect without having to sacrifice any HP/LS.

@trentbail21
    You are right that Draconic is the BiS enchantment and we have acknowledged that since about mod 7~8, however most PC players did not go down that path because Draconic gives only very minor stat gain and is only good for very specific builds. In case you want to change your build, Draconic could be very hard to sell for a good price, hence most settled with Vicious/Savage/Radiant/Dark enchantments, its a lot easier to trade for other enchantments when we change builds. :)

Also, with SH Food and Event Food and regular Elixir potion (+1000 stat) I currently can have approximately either

41k Power, 10k Armpen, 190K HP, ~25%LS, 32% Deflect
    or
    38k Power, 10k Armpen, 200K HP, ~25LS, ~ 32% Deflect

I could switch out Axebeak's 4000 armpen bonus and use +4000 Deflect mount (Bueltte), that way I will be able to reach 200K HP, ~25%LS, ~42%Deflect, obviously the Armopen would be dropped down to approximately 6000 and would be a little too low, this however COULD be topped with either switching the Offensive slot to Dark, and this means I would lose some power, however I would be able to reach 200K HP, ~25%LS, ~42%Deflect, 10K armpen and probably around ~33-34k power. The 10% Deflect can make a big difference fighting with combat HRs, deflecting their pre-mitigated attacks means PG's damage will be lowered too, it significantly boosts up the survival chance. Well, I will have to do more tests to find out...

Also @nickjdowe there is not much we can do against CB+PG combo, you could use daily to survive a little bit more, but that's about it, its best to leave those classes to CW/HR/DCs to deal with.

I also wanna mention that, in my experience, GWF is defintely not a very strong class in 1 vs 1.
    TR can CB us all day and there is nothing we can do about it
    GF can block all day and one rotate us
    HR has very sick piercing damage, 100%deflect, super high self-healing, its very very hard for any class to go against top HRs 1 vs 1. (Luckily there isn't much top tier HRs on PC, I can still rekt 99% of them)
    SWs has insane life steal, and with the new weapon it can take forever to bring them down.
    Oppressor CW can repel you all day, you can't really gain stacks and will not have the power to kill them
    let's not talk about DC/OP, the top tier ones are pretty immortal...

So if you sum it all up, GWF really isn't all that great, HOWEVER, I wish people to realize that the true value of a GWF is in a team, GWF is a unique class that offers all Speed (cap/defend the node), Burst (rotate the target or combo rotate a target), Temporary CC Immunity in heavy CC fights (Unstoppable, and when you are fully stacked, you could rush to a target to do daily+ibs within 1 second *dont wait for them to prone to IBS, once your Indomitable Strength is about to deal the 2nd hit, you IBS straight before they flew off to the mid air, this can sometimes finish off a less tanky target instantly, before they can get any heal*), Surviability (generally tankier than most classes especially with Sprint to deflect the attacks and Unstoppable to gain more temp HP) and Consistent Pressure (At-Will can effectively cut down the opponent's HP just for the moment to rotate them off).

So yes, this class is nothing special when soloing, but can be a scary opponent in a team :)

• Options
    Updating 2 videos of how this build performs in a premade fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E5uD6KgBbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np2YEvdT4jg&amp;t=239s

• Options
    You are probably right, thanks for sharing the indepth experience :)

• Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'd take Icydrake over that GF any day of the week. Icydrake knows how to rotate.

It's mind-boggling how the other team in the first video commits random rotations, doesn't care about capping and in the end completely fights off-node.
  • Options
    Speed Demon Build has been updated to version 7 offering more HP/Power and Defensive mechanics! :)

• Options
    Updated a video of how Speed Demon V7 Build works in premade fights

https://youtu.be/pjn2WGVKHjQ

• Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    That one dude in your voice chat sounds really excited.

"Ooooh Jilz is kinda squishy!"

"oh oh Abu is squishy!"
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    yes that was the TR in the video, very happy~go~lucky guy, skilled and knows his class, its always fun playing with happy ppl, more love less anger :D

• Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Skilled TR? Lol

Have you tested any of the WE changes in PvP on the preview shard? Wondering if the possible Weapon Enchantment changes could effect the relationship between the GWF and Feytouched.
  • Options
    bellona#5585 bellona Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hello im a human pvp gwf im always play around with my feats and i would ask you for your opinion where would you put the extra Heroic points from human race at?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I would put the extra points into the tier 1 and 2 feat that gives more dmg from STR, Encounter and the last point into Constitution Focus to get more HP

• Options
    great thats what i did :) im using your almost the same build then you btw :) exept that i use guild Lifesteal boon and deepknight armor and i didnt put the feets into Battlefurry cooldown works great ^^ maby just becouse there arent too many 4k pvpers on ps4 yet but yeah lol....
  • Options
    i actually changed my gears a bit, using deepknight armor with 2 rosegold rings and changed all offensive enchantment from vicious to draconic, the new setup works great for me with 230-245k hp and more recovery. I just havent really updated this page as the build itself is pretty much the same, its only the gear setup that is different, however with that much HP and 23-25%life steal, the life regen works great, and the high max HP meand I wont be over life stealing as much as I have the high max HP pool to make the life steal actually Count

• Options
    sounds good, my friend uses Full Draconics in off slots and rads in def slots.
    but i still rather my Vicious/rads for max power ;) and my full demonics in defslot since i got LS boon and no hp boon in my guild so ill get a bit more hp then savage and extra deflect and i got more then enough lifesteal lol... ^^
  • Options
    gary5038gary5038 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    Any updates since Loadouts?
  • Options
    jassiusjassius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    which companions are u using?