What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

icydrake's GWF PvP Build (mod 10.5) - Speed Demon v7

Comments

• Options
    ela1983#7598 ela1983 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2016
    can i see the power tree pls on a screenshot, i´m a new player of the game and my english is bad :-(
    thx icy
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    i use exactly the same skills for PVE except im eDemo i normally keep running to open up portals so with less time to DPS I then change Hidden Dagger to Darling Shout to debuff the mobs for the team while I continue to keep going for portals.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    amondeliegebqamondeliegebq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Great build I use it and love it
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    icyphish said:

i use exactly the same skills for PVE except im eDemo i normally keep running to open up portals so with less time to DPS I then change Hidden Dagger to Darling Shout to debuff the mobs for the team while I continue to keep going for portals.

I think for eDemo, you should open purple portal only and there is only one purple portal in any time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    You are probably right, I do that when the team request that otherwise we just destoy everything :)

I have not paid much attention into PvE since mod 4 onwards, PvE became becomes dull and unrewarding after that, its only fun when our guildies or a group of highly geared players just gather like 4~5 packs of mobs and destoy everything at once :D

Oh yes, and my favourite instances are CN, Spellplague and maybe Pirate Kingggg :D

icyphish said:

I think for eDemo, you should open purple portal only and there is only one purple portal in any time.

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    Haven't really looked into that, but just ensure you balance out both SPEED and Killing Power.

You only need enough speed to catchup with the enemies, trap them in a place, move from node to node to help capping, getting more than that is unnecessary and would be a waste of stat, instead once you gain enough 'speed', you should try to get as much KILLING POWERRRRR as you can, thats what differentiates a Fearsome GWF and a Sprinting Clown :D

I have found something for you to add to your build upon the release of MOD 9.

With new insignias, the pair up:
    Regal + Illuminated + Enlightened

Gives:
    Gladiator's Guile

Which:
    When your Stamina is above 75%, you move 15% faster. When your Stamina is below 25%, gain 15% of your Power as Stamina Gain.

This could cause a base movement speed of 35% with bravery + unfettered strikes which gives 55% movement speed at 4 stacks. Add this to sprinting and battle fury and and you can a true speed demon.

• Options
    I have received a few in-game requests to make a new video to show how the updated build works.

Unfortunately after my last graphic drive update, my screen becomes kinda laggy as soon as I start recording with some Broadcast video recording program. If I can figure out how to configure it so its more smooth or found another program that doesn't lag me as much, then I would definitely create some!

If you have any recommendation for FREE video recording softwares please PM me so I can get this going, thanks guys!!! :)

• Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    what is the IcD of BF at 3/5? I personally abandoned relentless battlefury since executioner's style give me so much dps on mod 8 it made a huge difference since everyone got more geared and we have shore's set now. ... I feel like fighting other gwfs running BF is that they don't even scratch me lately...
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    thanks for share build.
  • Options
    azuosed89 said:

what is the IcD of BF at 3/5? I personally abandoned relentless battlefury since executioner's style give me so much dps on mod 8 it made a huge difference since everyone got more geared and we have shore's set now. ... I feel like fighting other gwfs running BF is that they don't even scratch me lately...

With 3/5 Battlefury and 4k recovery, my BF cooldown is 11.7 seconds, I almost never run outta stamina with this CD length :)

• Options
    Just recorded a few random matches in the past few days, will be posting them soon to show how the new build performs :)

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Many of you have requested a video on how GWF can fight with the top tier TR, here it is
    Shock-wave (TR, ilvl 4272, Essence of Aggression)

Tips: High HP Pool, high Self-Healing, High Life Steal, once you can outheal their bursts, then its just a matter of time they go down :)

PS: Shock-wave is definitely a worthy opponent to play with, his SE hits very hard abt 120k dmg) and can recast it every 8-9 seconds, it was definitely great fight :)

Note: I play with 300-350 ping, and IWD is laggy on top of that, so if any part of the video looks funny, u know why... :(

Edit: Original sound removed from the video as guildies were chatting about adults contents! :D

https://youtu.be/yPS0O9ImWnc

Post edited by icyphish on

• Options
    theio666theio666 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    is it really profitable to have 3/5 Relentless Battle Fury just for 1 skill(in all videos u use IBS)? And why you don't use Frontline Surge, isn't it really cool skill, aoe stun? ALso losing 2 of Executioner's Style, this is many damage i think...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Yes it is definately worth having at least 3/5 rentless battlefury, not only it allows you to sprint a lot to keep up with your opponent (that means u get more chances to attack to deal more damage and get more life steals to keep yourself alive) it also buffs your at will and encounter's damage.

IBS is used because the burst damage is essential to take down the BiS players, without the burst you could hit them or stun them a lot but they would just heal it back straight away. This also explains why Frontline Surge is not used, the damage of this skill is too low and the stun duration wont allow you to deal too much more damage :)

• Options
    theio666theio666 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    icyphish said:

Yes it is definately worth having at least 3/5 rentless battlefury, not only it allows you to sprint a lot to keep up with your opponent (that means u get more chances to attack to deal more damage and get more life steals to keep yourself alive) it also buffs your at will and encounter's damage.

IBS is used because the burst damage is essential to take down the BiS players, without the burst you could hit them or stun them a lot but they would just heal it back straight away. This also explains why Frontline Surge is not used, the damage of this skill is too low and the stun duration wont allow you to deal too much more damage :)

Ok, got it, but is it worth to have 4/5 Countless Scars? Just everybody have 100-150% armour penetration, or i missing something?
    Anyway thx for guide and for reply, in ru server there is no good new guides on forum)
  • Options
    theio666 said:

icyphish said:

Ok, got it, but is it worth to have 4/5 Countless Scars? Just everybody have 100-150% armour penetration, or i missing something?
    Anyway thx for guide and for reply, in ru server there is no good new guides on forum)
    Yes 4/5 Countless Scar helps you to survive better in general especially against dot damages, while the armpen is good, not all classes goes with armpen as the choice, so defense and countless scar would still help noticibly in group fights :)

• Options
    nomind34nomind34 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    İcydrake show us your build ı mean your boon Everything. We want to those secreenshoot
  • Options
    Boon's screenshot is already at page 1....

• Options
    grievous81grievous81 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    DO you have a SS of your mount setup?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

DO you have a SS of your mount setup?

Are you going to upload more videos soon?

New Speed Demon v3 build has now been updated, more videos, and the screenshot on Mount Insignias/Boons has now all been included, you will be more unstoppable than ever!!! :)

• Options
    I have no problem with TR hidden behind smoke bomb, cus the chance is, I would usually either Hidden Dagger them outside the bomb (which deals more damage than their dagger) or be in unstoppable whacking them right on the face :)

HP and Life Steal are mainly gained from Boons/Enchantments/Armor Kits and Artifacts, you dont need any specific combination, but as long as your Life Steal and HP eventually get close to 13+%LL, 180k+HP, then you will be fine :)

Icyphish, did you know that if you hold down the sprint button while standing still, your character gains the same bonuses from actually sprinting but your stamina doesn't go down.

It's useful for when A TR is hiding behind smoke bomb, so you can take less damage from their daggers while being immune to any other CC he may have.
    The problem is that you have to stand still. . .

Also, do you have any tips to stacking life steal and HP?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Updated a new video to show how GWF can handle BiS TRs

Shuno (TR, ilvl 4242, Essence of Aggression)

Shuno has always been a very strong TR and was on Page 1 during NCL event, he's both skillful and deadly, and has always been a good friend. Here's a video of me fighting him 1 vs 1, I hope this gives you guys better ideas on how GWF can handle TR :)

PS: That Roniki guy was killed on request....

https://youtu.be/DRBRTo3g0X4

• Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Great fight!!