test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

icydrake's GWF PvP Build (mod 10.5) - Speed Demon v7

Comments

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Yes this build also works very well in PvE, I can often score top 3 dmg dealer in most eDemo runs, however pure PvE build GWF will still be able to output about 30% more damage.
    ijonum said:

Heh, You have the same Hit&Run mind like me, it seems. I'm back in the game after a loooong brake (M6), I did some Domination as I was levelling from 60 towards 70 and my old style Instigator (Sprint in to a squishy or a weakened player, TD->feated Flourish->IBS->Crescendo->GTFO :) ) still worked! Then I hit 70, entered domination and everyone had 3 times as much HP as me + T.Negation and I didn't even scratch them at all. Nice to find this build, as I realised I will have to respec to Destroyer and I thought I'd have to lose my speed (sprinting faster then epic mounts kinda pisses off people ;) I have a DC if I want to play something slower after all ;)

Question: does it fare at least reasonably in PvE?

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Update: Editing those two videos, will update the new link back later.
    Post edited by icyphish on

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    ijonumijonum Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Thanks. Gotta use this free respec I have and learn the newer ways (and start using HD :P)
  • Options
    chaoscarl#0911 chaoscarl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    plz post stat points and what helps get them so high
  • Options
    metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    What races were those TRs that you fought, shockwave and shuno? I want to say half-orc but I couldn't really tell.

Do you ever meet any high level SWs and or HRs that give you any trouble? Also, thank you and lancer for your guides =).
  • Options
    I just unlocked the artifact knot power bonus for Wrathful Determination - up to 20% run speed from Determination. That's awesome! Basically with Bravery also slotted you can outrun anyone and then press sprint just to ... impress... them :) Actually I'm thinking about finding a way to do some alias/macro that will automatically say "Meep! Meep!" each time I hit shift button ;))
  • Options
    ijonum, that's a good combo, but destoyer's class feature offers a lot of DPS boost and personally I would think that 36% dmg bonus will probably outweight the speed boost :)

I have however recently start to use Artificer's Preservation and that gives approximately 8% speed boost when I cast an artifact, personally I find this quite nice especially if I need to rush to defend a node (this gives high stamina recovery too) :)
    ijonum said:

I just unlocked the artifact knot power bonus for Wrathful Determination - up to 20% run speed from Determination. That's awesome! Basically with Bravery also slotted you can outrun anyone and then press sprint just to ... impress... them :) Actually I'm thinking about finding a way to do some alias/macro that will automatically say "Meep! Meep!" each time I hit shift button ;))

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Some people have questioned how this build works in PvE, here's a Pain Killer screenshot of a eDemo run, however those very well PvE spec GWF with high Crit and Vorpal will still deal about 30% more dmg, this is just to show this build's PvE DPS is not too bad at all :)

I switch the following for PvE

Mount Insignia
    - Assassin's Convenant
    - Artificer's Persuation

Boon:
    Defense boon (for more Power)

Class Feature:
    Wrathful Determination

Thats pretty much it! :)

• Options
    Speed Demon mod10, version 6 build updated. :)

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It was great seeing you in Cold Run!

Thanks for sharing your most recent build. My build is different as an SM, but you and Lancer give great tips! I've already started testing Assassin's Covenant.

I'd been winnowing my RI for more Power, but you have taken that to a whole other level! Some more food for thought.

I noticed some changes to your feats, as well, such as picking deflect now.

1. So what did you pick for your 5th SKT boon???
    2. Why El Lionsmane greaves? I never farmed Lionsmane, so am not sure if there is anything special there.
    Post edited by santralafax on
  • Options
    I picked Frozen Deflection for 5th boon.

As to Lionsmere, it has approximately 3K more HP bonus compare to Warborn gears (800lish + 2000 set bonus), which is more useful against piercing damage.

Against opponents that doesn't deal piercing damage, you can wear 2 pc prestige+2pc warborn and just wear brutality+rising power ring :)

It was great seeing you in Cold Run!

Thanks for sharing your most recent build. My build is different as an SM, but you and Lancer give great tips! I've already started testing Assassin's Covenant.

I'd been winnowing my RI for more Power, but you have taken that to a whole other level! Some more food for thought.

I noticed some changes to your feats, as well, such as picking deflect now.

1. So what did you pick for your 5th SKT boon???
    2. Why El Lionsmane greaves? I never farmed Lionsmane, so am not sure if there is anything special there.

• Options
    If you didn't play GF you will probably be one of the most beasty GWFs too! But I guess its sort of good, cus your GF's killing power is beyond the Beast level :D

Icy, I don't have to say much, we both know that your builds/testing and knowledge about the class are top tier.

Keep up the great work! <3

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Amazing build as usual. Question: against TR, you use IBS which has a very low chance to hit (you miss a lot of hits in the videos). Wouldn't RS have a better chance to hit? (faster animation). You probably keep IBS because daily+IBS is the only chance to kill a BiS TR/anything?

Noticed you took the Combat Advantage heroic feat. Is it to counter SE "one-shot builds" only or to increase survivability against any class?

I gave up lionsmane because not being able to get the SH 35k HP boon, 3k HPs make no difference for me against SE. I'd still get 1-shot. So i went for the 500 tenacity of warborn to at least perform better vs other classes. For you, instead, those 3ks allow for that tiny amount of HP left after every heavy dunk. Smart move.

Will give a shot to the CA heroic feat. Even if letting go of 15% crit severity is hard. Will need to switch to a full power+ boosts PvE build (which you already suggested to me in-game).
  • Options
    RS could hit, but wont kill, the best bet to kill a TR is like you said, daily+IBS, and hence its actually better to use IBS (plus I can't just switch my skill on a click, its too much trouble :D)

Combat Advantage feat works against all classes but especially useful to TR and GFs :)
    pando83 said:

Amazing build as usual. Question: against TR, you use IBS which has a very low chance to hit (you miss a lot of hits in the videos). Wouldn't RS have a better chance to hit? (faster animation). You probably keep IBS because daily+IBS is the only chance to kill a BiS TR/anything?

Noticed you took the Combat Advantage heroic feat. Is it to counter SE "one-shot builds" only or to increase survivability against any class?

I gave up lionsmane because not being able to get the SH 35k HP boon, 3k HPs make no difference for me against SE. I'd still get 1-shot. So i went for the 500 tenacity of warborn to at least perform better vs other classes. For you, instead, those 3ks allow for that tiny amount of HP left after every heavy dunk. Smart move.

Will give a shot to the CA heroic feat. Even if letting go of 15% crit severity is hard. Will need to switch to a full power+ boosts PvE build (which you already suggested to me in-game).

• Options
    Here is a video on how Speed Demon v6 build works in a premade fight :)

https://youtu.be/TYGKjxXAoAM

• Options
    frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Hey man. Going to try and help my buddy setup his GWF this way. He's struggling and I play HR so really not sure what I'm doing when he asks for help. If I'm reading this correctly, does it mean you are essentially buffing yourself like crazy and then using (for the most part) just at-will attack to kill people?
  • Options
    you buff urself as much as u can then relay on hidden dagger and atwill to cut ppl's HP then use daily or IBS to finish off ppl

• Options
    metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Any tips for fighting trapper hr's that use crushing roots? By the time I can attack they've got their billion dodges and fox shift up then it's back to being dazed and rooted.
  • Options
    T elven makes it really easy. I have 2 sets of armors one with T Negation, another with T Elven just for those moments.

• Options
    Unstoppable doesn't break you free from crushing roots?
  • Options
    Unstoppable breaks it, but its only a few seconds and good HRs would play defensive when you pop unstoppable then back to stunning you again once that goes off, T Elven would then help you to whack them more recklessly

• Options
    Thanks for clarifying. And I suppose they also use T Elven, so no chance to stunning them first? I was thinking high crit build + Flanking maneuvers (and feated Flourish along the way).
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    ijonum said:

Thanks for clarifying. And I suppose they also use T Elven, so no chance to stunning them first? I was thinking high crit build + Flanking maneuvers (and feated Flourish along the way).

High crit build doesn't work in PVP due to tenacity. All players with tenacity (all PVP players) have high "crit resistance".
  • Options
    I have 2 sets of armor one with T Negation another with T Elven specifcally for fighting against heavy CC opponents

• Options

ijonum said:

High crit build doesn't work in PVP due to tenacity. All players with tenacity (all PVP players) have high "crit resistance".
    Yeah, but I thought about this high crit to proc flanking maneuvers AOAP.
  • Options
    Try it out, it might work who knows :)

• Options

On no tenacity targets: awesome!

On tenacity (+cc resist, elven battle) targets: wasted points because not noticeable at all.

Doh! :( Still, I might try it and focus on low-tenacity targets harrasment. I'm going to respec whatsoever (I tried to build something like Icydrake proposed two months ago, but with no base stat re-roll I could only gain 26 CON, so now I have something like 85% RI - a waste for PVE, not enough for PVP.