test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

icydrake's GWF PvP Build (mod 10.5) - Speed Demon v7

Comments

• Options
    yuroh#5289 yuroh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    wassup, im new to neverwinter i've been working hard on deciding which of my class im going to permanently be, and i' ve been reading your build and comments. im a bit confused but im sure its only because of my lack of experience. i have an HR lvl 70 and a GWF lvl 70 i play on xbox. Also i saw your amazing videos on youtube thats how i found you but i have a few questions about this class and build. Does your build work on xbox for mod 6 and will it work in mod 7 for pvp? also does this build work against TRs, HRs, and CWs? Is this build good for pve? i dont mean to annoy you by all of the questions im trying to make sure is it worth it, investing my time into my GWF
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User

wassup, im new to neverwinter i've been working hard on deciding which of my class im going to permanently be, and i' ve been reading your build and comments. im a bit confused but im sure its only because of my lack of experience. i have an HR lvl 70 and a GWF lvl 70 i play on xbox. Also i saw your amazing videos on youtube thats how i found you but i have a few questions about this class and build. Does your build work on xbox for mod 6 and will it work in mod 7 for pvp? also does this build work against TRs, HRs, and CWs? Is this build good for pve? i dont mean to annoy you by all of the questions im trying to make sure is it worth it, investing my time into my GWF

Yes this build works well for both mod 6 and 7 (assuming XBox has the same setup), and yes this build works very well on ranged opponents, in fact better than the melee ones, it allows your GWF to always sprint right next to HR/CW (unless you get stunned), and the constant sprint allows you to keep up with TR's stealth/roll speed, in other words, you get the initiative, you can choose to hunt them and they will not be able to escape, or you can choose to escape and they have no way to keep up with you.

This build is not good for PvE, it only outputs 60~70% damage compare to a pure PvE build, however you can normally still top up the Paingiver chart unless there is another PvE based GWF in your party, it still outputs decent damage and offer damage buff to other DPSer in your party (with battlefury). :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @icyphish
    Do you tested how Gift of Haste works with Battle Furry? If this DC feat trigger with BF then damage boost should be high.

@edit
    Nvm. I bad understood how this working. Anyway what do you think about Swordmaster in PvP?
    Post edited by hawkend on
  • Options
    Hmm... I dont quite understand what you mean, Gift of Haste increases AP gain, Battlefury increases Damage / refills Stamina, I dont see how they are relevent...?
    hawkend said:

@icyphish
    Do you tested how Gift of Haste works with Battle Furry? If this DC feat trigger with BF then damage boost should be high.

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    icyphish said:

Hmm... I dont quite understand what you mean, Gift of Haste increases AP gain, Battlefury increases Damage / refills Stamina, I dont see how they are relevent...?

hawkend said:

@icyphish

at least on XBOX tooltip. it says it increases AP gain also.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    You could be right, never tested it with a DC on AP gain, but I dont recall seeing my DCs using Gift of Haste so I guess its not a common buff I am gonna normally get, I will hit a pass on testing that, maybe someone else wanna test it :)
    azuosed89 said:

icyphish said:

hawkend said:

@icyphish

at least on XBOX tooltip. it says it increases AP gain also.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Added 3 videos, 2 for random solo queue DOM matches - This is a demo of how tweaked Speed Demon build works.

As multiple people has asked me to record some videos on how GWF can fight against TR, I have recorded a fight with O.K TR, the fighting style would give you an idea how GWF can deal with TRs using Hidden Dagger to track where the TR is (the hit sound tells you) then utilize the speed you gain in this build to either

1. Keep hitting them with sure strike (VERY IMPORTANT, SS hits fast and is a very reliable source of dmg against TRs)
    2. Get ready for them to roll then IBS or Savage Advance+IBS right at where they roll to and combo them
    3. Use HD to keep tracking where they are and SS to reduce their stealth meter

TIP: Against Smoke Bomb TRs you would use similar pattern, except after every 2~3 rolls they do, if you are sprinting to them, sprint for an extra second, so if they cast smoke bomb, you can sprint straight out of it, if they dont, then repeat 1~3 :D

*** Build your GWF with 130k+ HP if possible, and if you fight against SE TR, always use Water Wheel to heal right after you get hit, or you could rotate and use PvP healing potion inbetween to keep your life topped. First thing when you get hit by SE, DONT PANIC, because once you heal up, their 2nd, 3rd 4th or whatever SE would be dealing less damage (probably only 40~50k damage on average) once they dont gain bonus damage from First Strike. Keeping yourself alive/healed is the trick fighting with TR, as long as you stay alive, you will be able to beat most of them! :)

If I randomly recorded some fight against decent TRs I will share you guys more tips against TRs later :)

2 x Random DOM matches showing how tweaked Speed Demon build works
    https://youtu.be/i7IclCvBwlg
    https://youtu.be/7MNTUOFgKmk

Basic tactic for GWF vs TRs.
    https://youtu.be/dXwJF0j7yFo

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Someone needs to show me a FREE video capturing program and tips me how to configure it... I am really bad at configuring those FPS / Packets and all :(

PS: I try to change the config on my current program (can't remember the name but it's not FRAP), the problem is that it starts to lag me really bad about 3~5 minutes recording it (Pretty sure its graphical lag, so its possible that either I didn't configure it properly or my GPU is out dated! *I believe its a "Twin Froz" its a 3~4 years old PC built for Diablo3, other stuffs includes i5 CPU, 8GB RAM and a HDD) :O

Also, my Internet speed sucks so I am not sure if it has something to do with streaming, my max download speed is about 800~900KB/sec, and average ping is 350~450 (from Australia! :()

On a side note, I noticed Youtube seem to default the video to crappy resolution, if you click to change it to 480x resolution or so, it actually becomes a lot more clear :)

Better video quality please icy xD

• Options
    geropose12geropose12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have a quest, can u say to me your Class feature??
  • Options

I have a quest, can u say to me your Class feature??

Class Features: Bravery + Destoyer's Purpose :)

• Options
    geropose12geropose12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Other question which enchantments do you use? i mean for the armor =p or can u say me your nick and i inspect your armor?
  • Options
    armor enchantment is negation this info is in the first post... my handle is just my forum name :)

• Options
    darkinght1darkinght1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Hi icy i have a question.. really worth sacrificing the crit and go full arp?
  • Options

Hi icy i have a question.. really worth sacrificing the crit and go full arp?

Depends on your build, but generally, Yes, because unless you have high crit chace+high crit severity, otherwise armpen provides more stable damage increase compare to crits, of cus, that also depends on your opponent's gears, but at high end fights, generally Yes. :)

• Options
    deviousknight23deviousknight23 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey Icy in you're opinion would it be better to stay high recovery GWF in mod7 for Xbox or just keep high ArmP to do more damage? I'm still kinda no sure which has would help for a good balance to get through with ArmP for the updated pvp?
  • Options
    get about 4k recovery then full armpen for max damage :)

• Options
    skynemesisskynemesis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Could you please tell me what Class Feature skills do you use?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Could you please tell me what Class Feature skills do you use?

I have just updated it in the main index page since I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I am answering this question :D (in fact I have just replied it 5 threads before your post :D)

Its Bravery+Destoyer for class feature :)

• Options
    I will do a mini update on this build later, not gonna share the full details as its too lengthly but it will give you some idea how you can further become more destructive with this build :)

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I'm quite curious. Can't wait! ^_^
  • Options
    bufferfullbufferfull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What do you put in offense and defence slot?
  • Options
    justone#2483 justone Member Posts: 1 New User
    how should i put my score ability points every 10 lvl ?
  • Options

how should i put my score ability points every 10 lvl ?

All CON+STR, nothing else :D

• Options
    edited February 2016

What do you put in offense and defence slot?

Offensive = Dark Enchantment
    Defensive = Savage (or Radiant if you have enough Life steal and want more HP)

• Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    56m ad ohhh :dizzy:
  • Options
    Speed Demon build updated on 16/02/2016.

Character stats updated, build updated, same speedy beast but now A LOT more deadly. :)

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Very nice changes!
    I changed your original build in a similar way some time ago. I still have 5/5 in unfettered scars since i'm still a squishy Soulforge/vorpal user, but i have, i'f i'm not mistaken, 2/5 in executioner's style, 4/5 focused destroyer and 4/5 in relentless battle fury. Will try this newest version for sure!
    Trying to raise ArP.
    Switched from bravery to wrathful determination with 20% run speed from the passive on off-hand (works)

I've seen that in mod 9 the mount i have (champion's armored bulette from NCL) will be 4k deflect stat and since i also have the bravery off-hand bonus, i was thinking about going back to bravery and reach 40% or 50% deflect chance (if i stack some deflect), to help my squishy Perfect SF+lathander set+HP pool build, to get tankier. Would also sinergize with fey thistle.

My ArP is around 11k now with SH boon, but have a lot of room to make it much higher.

Raising HP is still hard, was thinking about getting a symbol of earth and refine it to use it as a switch for the lostmauth horn (adds 4k HP, same Arp bonus and adds CC resist). Yeah, i'm still on my quest to try and make a good HP-lathander set combo XD.

I noticed that CON gives around 800-900 HP each point. I thought it was more. Also qas thinking about switching to metallic dragonborn if i get the chance.

Amazing build as usual icy. Well done!!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Yes I have thought about the same thing on Deflects, I currently have 25%lish deflect, with NCL mount that would be 35%, which means I can deflect 1/3 attacks instead of 1/4, i am not sure if its worth increasing it to 40~50% as the 5% difference will require 2000 Deflect stats and that in turn means I will probably have to lose some offensive power. (Already have to lose offensive power on mount bonus if I go with NCL Mount to gain the 10% deflect)

So at the end, I decided, its not worth the trouble, cus with this build, you get to sprint a lot, which means you are already deflecting a lot of attacks by sprinting through, more deflect sounds nice, but imagine if you are the enemy, you would probably hate to fight someone that consistently hits like a truck, then someone that hits less but survive slightly longer? At the end of the day, more offensive power also results in more life steal, quickier end on the fight and more effective burst in premade fights. Balancing the outcome, I would say Offensive power is still better. :)

pando83 said:

Very nice changes!
    I changed your original build in a similar way some time ago. I still have 5/5 in unfettered scars since i'm still a squishy Soulforge/vorpal user, but i have, i'f i'm not mistaken, 2/5 in executioner's style, 4/5 focused destroyer and 4/5 in relentless battle fury. Will try this newest version for sure!
    Trying to raise ArP.
    Switched from bravery to wrathful determination with 20% run speed from the passive on off-hand (works)

I've seen that in mod 9 the mount i have (champion's armored bulette from NCL) will be 4k deflect stat and since i also have the bravery off-hand bonus, i was thinking about going back to bravery and reach 40% or 50% deflect chance (if i stack some deflect), to help my squishy Perfect SF+lathander set+HP pool build, to get tankier. Would also sinergize with fey thistle.

My ArP is around 11k now with SH boon, but have a lot of room to make it much higher.

Raising HP is still hard, was thinking about getting a symbol of earth and refine it to use it as a switch for the lostmauth horn (adds 4k HP, same Arp bonus and adds CC resist). Yeah, i'm still on my quest to try and make a good HP-lathander set combo XD.

I noticed that CON gives around 800-900 HP each point. I thought it was more. Also qas thinking about switching to metallic dragonborn if i get the chance.

Amazing build as usual icy. Well done!!