test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• Options
    tomislavpleckotomislavplecko Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have no problems with the game itself.
    But what I find annoying is that every damn time I start the game, there is 1 gigabyte or more to be patched.
    I play with my kid (he visits me every other weekend) and waiting to patch on two computers is annoying.
    Mabye if you implement bittorent-like protocol so we don't have to download separately on each pc?
    Or update cache, so one PC can send the updates to another PC? (with the users consent ofcourse)

Regards
  • Options
    shadowspawn01shadowspawn01 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I would like to suggest that we be able to bank our AD and Tarmalune bars and be able to share with our other characters just like with the gold, silver, & copper. Also, the AD report that was put out made me wonder just what you were really talking about. I saw several things go up in price but I haven't seen any go down. EXAMPLE: the Small Forest Stag went from 600 Tarmalune Bars to 750 Tarmalune bars. Honestly, who are you guys making it easier for? you are making it more expensive to get things, NOT cheaper.
  • Options
    shadowspawn01shadowspawn01 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I would like to suggest that we be able to bank our AD and Tarmalune Bars just like we do with gold & silver & copper. and be able to withdraw it with any of our characters
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Hey guys... take it from someone that has been involved with D&D for over 40 years... FIX THE FOUNDRY. Then it won't matter how much HAMSTER content you guys release... the content will take care of itself... and you guys can fix your game.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    the top issue for me is the devs dont bother to listen to players.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    1) Overflow XP - Reduce it to about 1/3 if it's tied to RNG this is an integral part of char progression and further alienates new players compared to players that have benefitted from the amount needed pre-mod 7.

2) Lag in many zones regularly is really bad. Icewind/Dread Ring, many of the mod7 new ones.

3) Bank Sorting

4) Change Appearance changes to Gold similar to the change made to un-equip enchants in the past. Or at least lower the AD cost significantly.

5) DUAL SPECs. Please allow us to have multiple builds.

6) Extra pages for hotbars to allow for multiple Power layouts. It is very cumbersome to change multiple times in a dungeon run for different encounters.

7) Please reduce bag prices. Many of us have many alts and you would benefit from lower prices as we would buy more bags. Right now bag prices do not lend well to having multiple characters.

8) Please update the potions to scale to the content. A CW getting like 5% of their health back when almost dead makes almost none of the new content solo friendly. Not saying make it easy mode, just saying a potion should be good for maybe 25% of your health.

Thanks!

• Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    1. Cryptic launch elemental wep artif that make stronghold artif wep become obstacle (drown and burning) even before ppl don't have it yet, so Cryptic just make 1 mod grind to almost get the BIS wep that req GH R16, banner of the fallen, fang of the dragonflight,wep armanmnet (masterwork) become obstacle just with 100x times HE artif wep? it's just so lame
    this is suppose to be alternative option for those who don't wanna after the BIS artif wep set that required a lot of things but not to make the BIS one become obstacle..
    Crytic already make statement that will not nerf elemental artif wep and make adjustment, so i think they need to buff stronghold artif wep
    2. here what Crytic annoucment about masterworks
    -Once you’ve completed training with one profession you can begin a second.
    -You may unlock all masterwork recipes and obtain all masterwork tools on a single character should you undertake all of the quests.
    i am already clear my masterwork leatherwork quest and get the recipe but the other masterworks quest didn't show up even when i got jewelcraft R25
    -Finishing training will also net you a new fashion set unique to that profession. no fashion earn
  • Options
    jenniann27jenniann27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Character bound Companion's and Astral Diamonds can be deposited into your bank like gold.
  • Options
    anthimoniousanthimonious Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    One of the things I really liked about this game was tryng to go into Sharandar at lvl 60. It was a real challenge, and if your character isn't up to par, impossible. Now, when you finally get to lvl 70 and get into Sharandar, the equipment you recieve is still set for lvl 60! This makes no sense. I didn't get a chance to play it when the level cap was 60, and I feel like I will never get to experience what this game was meant to be. I think you should put into place a way to roll back levels even if it's through inactivity. From what I have seen lvl 60 is where the real game ends.
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User

One of the things I really liked about this game was tryng to go into Sharandar at lvl 60. It was a real challenge, and if your character isn't up to par, impossible. Now, when you finally get to lvl 70 and get into Sharandar, the equipment you recieve is still set for lvl 60! This makes no sense. I didn't get a chance to play it when the level cap was 60, and I feel like I will never get to experience what this game was meant to be. I think you should put into place a way to roll back levels even if it's through inactivity. From what I have seen lvl 60 is where the real game ends.

You bring up a very good point. There are many areas in the game that have not had loot upgraded to the zone's level. Rank3 enchants from 70th level area that used to be a 60th zone from skill nodes is an example of that...
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Only one thing to say...
    They don't care ! This thread has been open for months ! And no Dev/admin had the decency the reply to any of the previous comments... That's unacceptable...
    I don't know why we even bother arguing about something they probably never gonna read and never gonna take into consideration !
    I'm sick of reading the same things over and over again and watching the dev ignoring the hot topics !
    Plenty of feedback has been given for month ! Since the releasing of mod6, and what they have done, is in complete opposite of what players asked for...
    I've lost hope, along with the fun i had by playing this game...
  • Options
    deusazzadeusazza Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    Didn't receive any twisted ichor after having a gold epic Demogorgon. is it included in the weekly limit? it doesn't say.
  • Options
    anthimoniousanthimonious Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is a dungeons and dragons game. The dungeons in all the original areas are broken indefinitely. Why aren't you fixing this? I have yet to experience The throne of Idris. I was really looking forward to that. That's the reason I play this game, not to run cragmire crypts over and over ad nauseum. Also that epic gear that you can only find in those dungeons is impossible to get now. You have rendered half of your game useless with all these updates instead of fixing what you have broken. Look IDK what happened but it seems to me like someone made a really good game and then someone else greedy came in and ruined it by trying to make it bigger with more flashy updates and ultimately trying to make more money. That being said, I will not be dropping a dime into this monstrosity until you, at the very least, fix the dungeons. EVEN IF IT REQUIRES A COMPLETE OVERHAUL.
  • Options
    clixjynxclixjynx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Class Balance: I want to start by saying, yes Trickster Rogues are balanced for PVP. However, the class is not geared toward PVE at all from a damage perspective. The class is supposed to provide high damage per second to single targets, however it cannot do this at a reasonable pace. For example, when running Epic Temple of the Spider on a 2600 Item Level Trickster Rogue, all feats into the bottom tree (name escapes me), you can't even kill a spider at a reasonable pace, let a lone anything else. The issue faced is that certain classes are working well and many classes still are not. You have Great Weapon Fighters completely dominating damage over classes like Wizards. I play a Cleric right now, and though it's a blast, I'd love to play my Rogue without it feeling so underwhelming. I've played the TR at their worst and at their broken best. I just want a balance change for the new module focusing on PVE. I get PVP balance is important, however PVE is where most players enjoy their time. Please, address class balance.

Warlocks need one badly as well.
  • Options
    kryzax#9432 kryzax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Bring back the removed Dungeons! VERY Important. The story doesn't make sense without them and there's not much to do! 3 dungeons til Level 70? Insane.

Reduce HP Pools! The game is boring. The game is also too hard post level 70 for the solo player

Increase rewards from dungeons/mobs. The game - partly due to lack of dungeons - doesn't reward effort enough. Too much focus is on the zen market.

These are the top 3 things I feel are damaging this game the most
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

I have no problems with the game itself.

But what I find annoying is that every damn time I start the game, there is 1 gigabyte or more to be patched.

I play with my kid (he visits me every other weekend) and waiting to patch on two computers is annoying.

Mabye if you implement bittorent-like protocol so we don't have to download separately on each pc?

Or update cache, so one PC can send the updates to another PC? (with the users consent ofcourse)

Regards

This isn't ideal, but may help: If you load the preview server, it is updated prior to the Thursday maintenance patch. Just open the client on one of the computers, login, click on the preview tab, and let it update. Then, go to the Neverwinter folder, copy the Playtest folder from the updated computer to the same location on the other computer.

When the live game is updated (typically Thursday maintenance patch), if your preview server copy is updated, you will still see "updating" but the client will copy the needed files from the preview folder to the live folder. (you can tell because there will be an "updated" count and a "received" count; "received" will be zero) There will be no downloading involved.

You could take this a bit further, and sometime after the patch on Thursday, just open the clients and let them copy the files over, so they're ready to go whenever you are both together. There will then only be the normal login for each of you when you go to play.

Hope this helps - fun with the kids is best when you're not standing around waiting for an update. :smile:
  • Options
    valonievsvalonievs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks for a cool game, currently enjoying it very much.

1. Now, as everyone else is pointing out, it would be nice with the old dungeons back. Because currently some of us new players are coming to dead-ends during questlines, and we walk around like decapitated emus trying to work out why we're so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that we can't do something so simple as finding an entrance to these dungeons. If not, then at least remove the quests themselves.

2. Unpopular opinion (i think): XP gain is too fast, it feels like I'm levelling up every five minutes and it all feels kinda rushed. Increase the amount of xp you need to level up, let gametime be increased in the lower levels so we can get more into the game, or something like that.

3. New class: One of the coolest classes to ever walk the face of Faerùn is the ....Druid....
    I know that we have the Cleric as a nice healer class, but the Druid is simply cooler. I remember from the Night games the awesome abilities of the Druid to heal, rain fire down upon enemies or tear them to shreds as different animals and even as a dragon. If the Druid ever comes into the game as a playable class, I'm gonna be an eternal Neverwinter Slave xD

4. Introduction of more Deities: The list of different deities is long in the original lore, and I was devestated when I found that I couldn't choose one of my default deities: Ao and Kossuth. Yes I know Kossuth is an elemental primordial but apparently his power rivals that of a true deity. And come on, we can't choose Ao? the big G?

Otherwise I'm really enjoying the game, and it's nice to be able to continue playing in the Neverwinter universe. I'm glad you kept the biography part, as it was an awesome addition to he RP aspect of the previous games. Always been a fan of Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, even replayed them many times. and looking forward to the next single-player rpg. But for now I thrive in the chaos that currently reigns on the Sword Coast!

Sincerely
    Olav the Lore <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    captainfry420xcaptainfry420x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    This may seem trivial to some, but the one of the biggest issues I have are with my outfits clipping. Shields, cloaks, hair, and even my skin, will clip through various outfit parts. It is very frustrating. Similarly, I would like to disable the glowing of my armor enchantment, especially since it still shows on my fashion outfit. If it is forced to show in PvP, I can deal with that.

Another thing is the different states of the same types of stones; bound to me, bound to account, not bound, they take up a lot of space. If I could put them all in one stack, I would accept the penalty of having them all bound to me.

• Options
    lbezzylbezzy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I was wondering if there could be a change in weapon selection and spell choices. I think the mages are lacking actual spell selection and don't properly make use of there path options. For example, a fire mage that still has primarily the same spells besides 2 or 3 as a storm mage but instead adds rimefire isn't really a fire mage and same Vice Versa. Opening up alittle and actually having spells that makes your mage identifiable with that element i think would be nice. Fire Ball and Lighting bolt would be nice starters i think. But the D&D book is filled with spells so choose what you like or what you think players would like to see. And weapon selection is a bit limited as well, while you have the ablility to change the look of the weapon it doesn't really have that creative factor that make different characters unique. Katanas, Spears, Crossbows, and other weapons wouldn't hurt the game i believe instead add content and different builds. Again the D&D weapons manual and universe is filled with choices so let loose alittle.

Thank you
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

2) Lag in many zones regularly is really bad. Icewind/Dread Ring, many of the mod7 new ones.

3) Bank Sorting

4) Change Appearance changes to Gold similar to the change made to un-equip enchants in the past. Or at least lower the AD cost significantly.

Totally agree with these 3. Especially the Bank Sorting -would save SO MUCH time!

And the lag in Dread Ring and Sharandar sometimes make them unplayable -esp. Dread Ring.

Most EE vigilance tasks are deadly dull if you've done it with another toon already. Maybe with the exception of the Air Tome jumps in Spinward - those are always fun. But all the grinding is so lame.

I enjoy Underdark - for now - because it's still new and the artwork is different - but the area to explore is way too small. In the lead up to the release, I was hoping for more exploration, less skirmishing. Maybe the next Underdark mod will grow the Underdark map....like - a LOT???
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    AD ECONOMY - transmutes Cube of augmentation and MOUNT TRAINING were neglected or missed in the rework of ad economy after the changes ... epic mounts are half the price in ah as the mount training 3 alone 1/3 the price of mount training 2+ mount training 3 maybe move these over to tradebar and or reduce to 200k and 600k ad respectively? that would still make mount training more than buying epic mounts in auction so as to keep you selling lockbox keys. also maybe add a zen pack that gives one mount training 2 and one mount training 3 per character on a single account for the same price as average epic account wide mount from zen market? please one or all of the above .... would be greatly appreciated . i love my starry panther but will not spend 3x more ad to make it epic speed than it would cost to buy an epic mount from auction!!!!
  • Options
    bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I have a lot of suggestions...

Class balancing...

Unnerf spell storm for cw, the nerf was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The cw is becoming a crappy class cause there is more and more control resistant mobs and the damage output is also decreasing this there is no point to the cw anymore. Control is a misnomer in this game, control really should just mean area dps, and they should just be buffed to what they were.

Unnerf burning guidance, prism, bonds of virtue. Instead of nerfing these things cause it caused lag instead upgrade your servers to support it. The healing paladin is a good healer but not only situationally. Incredibly boring to play now cause all the fun was sucked out of them.

Unnerf life steal - because there is only like one viable build for sw now and that's because of a glitch.
    Stop nerfing classes.

The most fun in the game pve and Pvp wise is dealing damage. Give every class their overpowered spec and make everyone happy, perhaps even come out with harder content to challenge the overpoweredness.

Oh and find a way to make trickster rogues not so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again. They were good in mod 5, and they went from being best damage dealer, to best ambulance due to their stealth. That's stupid.

Buff clerics, their heroic feats are crappy and or don't work. Their righteous tree should be buffed.

The hunter ranger only has like one viable spec as well. Fix that.

If you make all classes have their "wow look at me in overpowered" spec, everyone will make everything and you'd make more money cause it's more stuff spent in zen market, etc...

Performance...

Get the game working like it used to with my graphics card. I run an amd r9 200 series graphics card and the game client crashes on start up. What changed?

There are too many AD sinks in this game, and not enough ways to generate AD. This results in people resorting to buying the currency or the items they want for their rooms with real life money using a third party service that I affectionately call the "shanghai fund"

Fix some tool tips, some of them are misleading.

Another gigantic issue...

Stronghold content sucks. It forcing people to work together and to look beyond themselves to progress together. The boons are fantastic but getting them is pure horror, and it's added a level of drama and discord to the game that I've never seen into any mmo that I've played before. I've lost many friends when this content released, and quite honestly I was having more fun before the guild structure was released as well. If my friends haven't started backstabbing each other cause of this content, they quit the game completely.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I hope the Devs read this,

You folks have done a great job

My Thanks

Urlord
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I agree that all classes need 2 sets of powers and feats,one set for pve and anouther for pvp.
    in this way you can nurf or remove abilities and feats etc (TR piercing damage and shocking execution) that make pvp completely unbalanced.
    However on top of that you need to make pvp so that 2 toons of the same class cannot que as a team for pvp,2 Tr's or 2 x OP or 2 x Dc ,even 2 x Gf make for a very un-winable dom match and therefore not fun.
    Also you need to throw away ELO match making as neverwinter pvp has nothing to do with skill level unless all toons on both parties are exactly equal item level AND have the same match of classes on both sides.
    Thirdly you need to throw away the pokemon rings (underdark rings) or make it so they become inactive if the toons item level equals or exceeds 3k as they are one of the biggest mistakes ever to be introduced in this game and on a 4k toon make that toon completely overpowered.
    The introduction of all the new artifact weapons/OH and the pokemon rings have completely undermined the mastercrafting and rendered mastercrafted items useless and undesirable and as such mastercrafted items should be buffed as they should be the ultimate items that everyone wants .Just like the old days when you had to colect shards from dungeons in order to craft youre best weapon,mastercrafting should be the only way to get the token for the best weapon or OH or armour or rings.
    Those that dont like crafting can simply buy them of the auction house i gaurantee the prices will be very cheap due to the volume of players that will rush mastercrafting if this was the case.
    Getting oneshot in a dungeon or skirmish is NOT fun, castle never was one of the most fun dungeons ever ,what made it fun was not that it was easy (it was not easy) and it was not fun cause it was short,what made it fun was the time and effort it took to complete it combined with possible valuable item drops from each of the multiple bosses made CN a fun and entertaining dungeon.
    All these skirmishes are boring underdark is boring EDMO is short frustrating and boring,and the only reason everyone is still doing them is to get one of the broken Pokemon rings.

I have been playing this game pvp and pve since it was new and it is no longer fun ... it stopped being fun when grinding repeatedly the same boring quests became necessary to get the good items.
    I always liked crafting my own items and remember fondly my satisfaction and the envy of my peers when i finaly crafted my weapon and offhand after multitude of MC runs over a period of months.Mastercrafting really appealled to me till i actually started it and relised there is nothing from mastercrafting that is actually better than any free item in the game.So im still grinding mastercrafting in the vain hopw that one day i can craft something really awesome (my very own self made transmute items?) since your own designers clearly have no idea what constitutes a great looking transmute item.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User

I would like to suggest that we be able to bank our AD and Tarmalune bars and be able to share with our other characters just like with the gold, silver, & copper. Also, the AD report that was put out made me wonder just what you were really talking about. I saw several things go up in price but I haven't seen any go down. EXAMPLE: the Small Forest Stag went from 600 Tarmalune Bars to 750 Tarmalune bars. Honestly, who are you guys making it easier for? you are making it more expensive to get things, NOT cheaper.

Banking Tarmalune trade bars has become a reality, unfortunately only because there is no way to obtain trade bars except to pay to play...

The same could be done for Astral Diamonds, but since a player can earn AD's without having to pay real world currency to get them - it hasn't been done.

Any doubts about the primary concern being about the company getting as much money from players and potential players as possible, instead of producing a fun and popular game where the joy and satisfaction of the players is a primary concern?
    DD~
  • Options
    helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I have only one request as most here I'm sure have covered what I might have otherwise said.

Since this is supposedly NeverWinter Nights, could you please, please get the license to use the music in the original NWN game and put it here? I loved that music to the game play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFoaFw0MqMY

Oh and fix HR by making it more survivable. Please see the thread http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210283/state-of-the-hr-and-whether-the-class-has-a-future.

I think the HR class draws way too much aggro than it should when in a party or running with companions.
    Post edited by helix#4749 on
  • Options
    astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    The recording system "100 motes" for elemental is flawed!!
This discussion has been closed.