Install Arc
Options

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

1373839404143»

Comments

• Options
    bubo#3924 bubo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC...

(In my opinion)
    EVERYTHING you did in Mod 16.
    I've been playing since Beta and this Mod is the worst/most damaging to the game.

True ...
    but the worst is that they continue to modify the parameters of the game (without any report ...) to try to correct the errors. (they write about making bosses and mobs weaker but bringing new enemies and obstacles at the same time) - The Lostmauth dragon is unplayable, in Swardborg you can be as strong as you want but you will die the same many times; The same speech in Tiamat, in the bank robbery, with Strahd - There are some archons of fire in the heroic encounters of the ring of terror, who have incredible life and strength, etc etc ... --- and meanwhile they have seen fit to introduce the new module and continually propose new promotions, because in the end the only interest is to try to make users spend. --- Instead I keep asking myself why I want my PG to grow, if there is always the time when those improvements are not seen and seem weak.
  • Options
    almirgt#5791 almirgt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Questions of Paladin oathkeeper

1- question:
    Paladin had a beautiful thing in Neverwinter, his aura of healing (Bond of virtue) radiated to the ground, by far everyone knew that he was a healing paladin, now after the MOD 16 all this has disappeared :(
    What I want to say is that I would like you to bring back, as a mechanic, (since the paladin justify has 3) the aura (only the aura) that existed in MOD 15 (the same visual effect, without buff) when you activates the Virtue Bond (when playing the paladin's devotion). only that.
    It was beautiful that wave of aura that came out of her feet and shone all over the floor.

2-Question:
    Is it possible that the Monk class comes to the game? Please tell her she'll come? we are good to play.

3-Question:
    Paladino came from the mod 6 (evil elementary) and as he never had quests of his class, why?
    Is there a possibility that you can put it on?
    Obs: There is no quest for this class either in the game or on the official neverwinter wiki.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Questions of Paladin oathkeeper

1- question:
    Paladin had a beautiful thing in Neverwinter, his aura of healing (Bond of virtue) radiated to the ground, by far everyone knew that he was a healing paladin, now after the MOD 16 all this has disappeared :(
    What I want to say is that I would like you to bring back, as a mechanic, (since the paladin justify has 3) the aura (only the aura) that existed in MOD 15 (the same visual effect, without buff) when you activates the Virtue Bond (when playing the paladin's devotion). only that.
    It was beautiful that wave of aura that came out of her feet and shone all over the floor.

2-Question:
    Is it possible that the Monk class comes to the game? Please tell her she'll come? we are good to play.

3-Question:
    Paladino came from the mod 6 (evil elementary) and as he never had quests of his class, why?
    Is there a possibility that you can put it on?
    Obs: There is no quest for this class either in the game or on the official neverwinter wiki.
  • Options
    change paragon path level

paragon path is alternate from level 10 and not 30
  • Options
    raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Hello dev. Is there a plan to 'fix' FBI bosses not dealing 'enough' dmg to party. Currently only during mobs I'm mostly use healing. It's really boring compare to Malabog..
  • Options
    tebtengri#5279 tebtengri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    > @chidion said:
    > really? chidion, fighters need speed to get off nasty red effect if they cant survive with shield up. fighters are suppose to stay ahead of other runners heading into the mobs since they lost ranged taunt. they are suppose to lure mobs into other players' trap and funnel them to AoE attacks.
    > talking about newer players catching up with others in those dungeon runs, they play it wrong and with someone they knew and help clearing mobs.
    > if i was a savvy code programmer and would fix those 'abandoning runners" leaving other to fend, they would be booted from dungeon and with penalities for leaving others trying to survive. thise runner dont care for trash drops, they just wanted to loot the chest and go, or keep them in combat mode and unable to click if they are out of range of struggling players.
    > only way to pull them back and clear the mobs.
    >
    > Every character class who doesn't have a way to mitigate attacks by blocking them needs speed to be able to get away from the red circle powerful strikes, but as you already mentioned Fighters do have the ability to raise their shields to mitigate a powerful attack – whether or not whatever happened during the Mod16 changes made that action less effective, but do I find it a little odd you would say Fighters need more speed to get away from attacks – instead of more effective Shield Defense...
    >
    > Yes fighters are supposed to agro opponents whether they “run ahead of the party” or (the way I do it) remain with the party and lunge out ahead of everyone else when opponents are encountered.
    >
    > I believe Fighters, Paladins and even Barbarians have several options to allow them to do just that, lunge a short distance ahead when opponents are encountered, so more speed isn't really needed to stay ahead of the party and with everyone doing their part, specifically healers healing the players drawing agro (in addition to healing potions), every party member has their part to play and with less tendency for anyone to be inclined to run out ahead of their party attempting to solo what's supposed to be group content.
    >
    > As for programming anything resembling a penalty for players who run ahead abandoning others in their party, I’ve often suggested something a little less ‘punitive’…
    >
    > Existing dungeons and skirmishes already have several staging areas that must be cleared before anyone is allowed to proceed to the next area.
    >
    > Simply make those separating walls assembly points like at the final boss gate where everyone in the party must assemble before proceeding.
    >
    > That way even if a player has little regard for the rest of their party and runs ahead, ignores mobs as they pass them up, picks up drops or ignores them a player(s) who runs ahead abandoning anyone in their party can't move beyond that area until the rest of the party gets to the assembly area,
    >
    > Something like that pretty much encourages everyone in the party to stay together because if a slower, lower level player is struggling to make it through an area anyone who ran ahead will just have to cool their heels until the slower weaker party member get there. So in effect it behooves all players to try to ensure all party members make it to the assembly point as quickly as possible, which in my mind translates to stronger faster characters helping weaker slower characters clear the content as quickly as possible to get to the next area thus finish the content faster. they still run off regardless, ignoring and leaving others. still the same, speed or no speed. bad call by devs.
    >
    > You are right there are still some speed runners who try to abandon the rest of their party, but I have noticed the number of people doing so seems to be fewer (many fewer from my personal experience) than it was before the changes, so "bad call" by the developers... maybe, maybe not.

I've seen people I swear are bots. They fight nothing. They'll run to a door that can't open cause in combat or some other thing stops them.

If you block someone does it ensure you don't get queues with them? If so I'd just start blocking everyone who does it
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    I believe blocking someone only pertains to chat, where the player no longer see their posts in the chat window and has absolutely not effect so far as the random roll queue goes... Someone can be "blocked" and still appear in a random queue party.

Unfortunately a character running towards the exit while a battle is still being fought isn't exclusively bot behavior, sometimes it is actual players just trying to avoid doing their part... I still don't think there is any way for a regular player to spot a bot with any certainty.
    DD~
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Hello dev. Is there a plan to 'fix' FBI bosses not dealing 'enough' dmg to party. Currently only during mobs I'm mostly use healing. It's really boring compare to Malabog..

I REALLY wish some people would quit requesting the developers make content harder for everyone else, instead of requesting new content that's more challenging or sticking to content - like Malabog's Castle - that they already find challenging.

DD~
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    we dont want devs to make overscripted heavy challenges and some players will get up in frustration and calling devs heartless. they know they cant pleased everyone with varied playstyles. they will lose players who cant handle or able to keep up due to disabilities.
    i wanted to keep standard and choice of scaling challenges just like Barovia's card selections.
    without those and jump into "Tales of the Olds" and i have no clue except struggling hard to stay alive with no way of 'getting get use to it" progressions until i find my own threshold. i hate rude shocking instant wipes.
  • Options
    luthor#3134 luthor Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I feel like PVP is super dead in this game. Queuing for pvp takes hours and sometimes never happens. Open world pvp area is not big enough or is really hidden and only available to endgame players.

Suggestion: drop few pvp-offering NPC's in some crowded towns. That way you make players more AWARE of pvp content and they can access it easier. Additionally give pvp more attractive rewards, like more ADs or items. Add open world PvP to lower lvl's areas too! So newbies and lower gears can compete in lower areas as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I feel like PVP is super dead in this game. Queuing for pvp takes hours and sometimes never happens. Open world pvp area is not big enough or is really hidden and only available to endgame players.

Suggestion: drop few pvp-offering NPC's in some crowded towns. That way you make players more AWARE of pvp content and they can access it easier. Additionally give pvp more attractive rewards, like more ADs or items. Add open world PvP to lower lvl's areas too! So newbies and lower gears can compete in lower areas as well.

It will probably be quite a while before PVP picks up - if it's going to pick up, because for such a long time PVP was little more than a beat-down fest where a few really well equipped and powerful players (even at low levels) seemed to delight in taking on random groups of newbies and low level players who didn't have access to better gear or other enhancements like, legendary companions, mounts, boons, enchantments, etc. and as a result pretty much everyone just abandoned PVP.

The inexperienced and poorly geared because they disliked repeatedly having their arses handed to them and the well geared because they either found the competition less than challenging or because they ran out of lesser geared players to wup-up on.

At least those are my thoughts on the matter.

IMO (team) PVP needs to be completely re-imagined and differently programmed. As I've been saying since I got tired of having my HAMSTER handed to me in (team) PVP and quit queuing for PVP, everyone who queues for (team) PVP needs to have their character stripped naked... No boons, No companions, No mounts, No enchantments, No main hand and No off hand... just a character at their individual character level and a player's skill.

Once a player queues for (team) PVP they are provided with a set of basic Armor and Weapons with identical attributes specific for their character class (no slots for enchantments). All level 20-25 characters are on absolute equal footing so far as stats and attributes from their "gear" is concerned and the only thing that's going to provide any kind of advantage to any one, is the tactics, skill and experience of the teams and players.

Any player who wants to fight with the gear, boons and other enhancements they've earned can either challenge another player to a one-on-one battle or queue private with a ready made team seeking to take on another ready made team... but no players with BIS "STUFF" tossed into an arena with lesser equipped players who are playing with only the gear they've picked from running quests, campaigns and dungeons.

IF that is done I'm confident PVP will once again become popular without Cryptic having to bribe players to queue for PVP.
    DD~
  • Options
    Barbarian blademaster now it's useless, and need a buff.
    Those who has invested a lot on gwf (now barbarian), now find themselves a totally useless character.
    I saw wizards and rangers with half the power the barbarians had, doing double their damage, tell me if this is acceptable.
    As usual cryptic does not know what balance is.
    Rangers and wizards are pure dps classes, barbarians not is more.
    I am disappointed with Barbarian blademaster, he is no longer pure DPS :( as it was in MOD 15.
    It was invulnerable when using battlerage, not now, it takes back damage.
    Even my nephew I fought to bring him to play neverwinter, after months of insistence, after seeing the barbarian's damage fall in MOD 16, dropped the game and returned to play league of legends.
  • Options
    I wanted to know why you stopped translating the game into portuguese-brazil, since MOD 6 was the last time, on 11 February 2015. I see you translating into russian, german, italian, and you dropped brazil.I want to talk about companies mmorpg who never left here right here in times of crisis? I'll mention two for now, world of warcraft (besides translating, dubbed), wakfu (french company). there are millions of brazilian players who play neverwinter, look at the guild hill brazil, online and you don't invest in our country. I hope this changes.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

I wanted to know why you stopped translating the game into portuguese-brazil, since MOD 6 was the last time, on 11 February 2015. I see you translating into russian, german, italian, and you dropped brazil.I want to talk about companies mmorpg who never left here right here in times of crisis? I'll mention two for now, world of warcraft (besides translating, dubbed), wakfu (french company). there are millions of brazilian players who play neverwinter, look at the guild hill brazil, online and you don't invest in our country. I hope this changes.

I have many BR ingame friends. They are very active.
    Took adds a vote for Portuguese translation.

Would also expand the player base.
    "Matar dois coelhos com uma tacada"
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Those who has invested a lot on gwf (now barbarian), now find themselves a totally useless character.
    I saw wizards and rangers with half the power the barbarians had, doing double their damage, tell me if this is acceptable.
    I am disappointed with Barbarian blademaster, he is no longer pure DPS :( as it was in MOD 15.
    Even my nephew I fought to bring him to play neverwinter, after months of insistence, after seeing the barbarian's damage fall in MOD 16, dropped the game and returned to play league of legends.

I hope the MODs are collecting data and analyzing it correctly. Lot's of players come on with an opinion and an opposite opinion. Here is mine:

Ranger & Rogue are top DPS (but only a few builds let them be at that spot above all others. Most players don't run the the top notch near-OP builds, so, as a class they will appear average DPS.

Warlock has the next top DPS build, but like the Ranger & Rogue, the class as a whole is underwhelming.

Barbarian & Wizard have the next tier of DPS builds. Their DPS is competitive as long as not put along side one of the above classes running a "super-build".

Arbiter, Dreadnaught, & Paladin have the next highest DPS.. but most Paladins dont utilize the maximum potential of their DPS since they are focusing on defense or healing.

My suggestions:
    o Identify the Ranger, Rogue, and Warlock superbuilds & very gently nerf the core feature or skill unique to these builds.
    o Buff the under-used ("weakest") skills of all the DPS classes... to create more variety.
    o Give an extra small buff to Arbiter and Dreadnaught DPS. They are unpopular and not as competitive.

All changes should be done in moderation. The practice of "Slam-nerfing" is horrible for customer relations and often has other unintended consequences.

• Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

I hope the MODs are collecting data and analyzing it correctly. Lot's of players come on with an opinion and an opposite opinion. Here is mine:

Ranger & Rogue are top DPS (but only a few builds let them be at that spot above all others. Most players don't run the the top notch near-OP builds, so, as a class they will appear average DPS.

Warlock has the next top DPS build, but like the Ranger & Rogue, the class as a whole is underwhelming.

Barbarian & Wizard have the next tier of DPS builds. Their DPS is competitive as long as not put along side one of the above classes running a "super-build".

Arbiter, Dreadnaught, & Paladin have the next highest DPS.. but most Paladins dont utilize the maximum potential of their DPS since they are focusing on defense or healing.

My suggestions:
    o Identify the Ranger, Rogue, and Warlock superbuilds & very gently nerf the core feature or skill unique to these builds.
    o Buff the under-used ("weakest") skills of all the DPS classes... to create more variety.
    o Give an extra small buff to Arbiter and Dreadnaught DPS. They are unpopular and not as competitive.

All changes should be done in moderation. The practice of "Slam-nerfing" is horrible for customer relations and often has other unintended consequences.

I will point out that since you have wizard so low on the list you probably don't run with many good wizards in game so your probably just as guilty of having a bubble of what is good or not as any of those other players you talk about in game. Second, you can't make any judgements of what class is best based on any of the randoms. Not saying you are, but looking at past comments you do say you do RAQ frequently. Most of the old content isn't going to be a place to check dps since most players don't build a dps build specific for scaled content because it isn't hard unless you have players that don't know what to do or just don't have the items to do it. Using that for scale and not say LoMM and better yet ToMM as scale will skew your results.

I see ranger/rogue and wizard to be on that top tier of dps. The SW/DC/Barb/Fighter are close to me and I usually see where players just don't play with a good one of those classes as to where they place those classes. I would prefer to bring up the abilities of classes to those higher levels than the nerf option. This way you can always add more hp or difficulty to mobs in game in response. I like the other suggestions outside of the nerf one.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    "Top issues currently in Neverwinter PC":
    - broken companions for nearly 3 MONTHS now.
    - no new class for YEARS now.
    - while the difficulty was increased with Undermountain through the whole game, the rewards remain as crappy as ever.
    - profession system needs another overhaul and recipes that are actually worth crafting for all players.
    - seasonal events need fresh rewards, and for the love of all deities, get rid of those bloody loot drops being tossed all over the place before the Winter Festival comes back, just put the rewards right into the players inventory instead.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    regenerde said:

"Top issues currently in Neverwinter PC":
    - broken companions for nearly 3 MONTHS now.
    - no new class for YEARS now.
    - while the difficulty was increased with Undermountain through the whole game, the rewards remain as crappy as ever.
    - profession system needs another overhaul and recipes that are actually worth crafting for all players.
    - seasonal events need fresh rewards, and for the love of all deities, get rid of those bloody loot drops being tossed all over the place before the Winter Festival comes back, just put the rewards right into the players inventory instead.

Spoken from the perspective of someone who has probably played the game "for years"...

But that being said most of what's been listed does not apply to new players or recent players who have not been playing for years.

For the record I'm not saying anything listed is not an issue for some players - but most of it is not an issue for most players globally.

Something to think about.

DD~
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Well, even a new player sees that their companions are not working as they should be after a few hours of gameplay
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/109600/discussions/0/1638662230379360429/
    or why would any player even think about spending real money or gametime on ZEN shop companions, when they're bloody broken right now?

At some point even a new player is going to want a fresh class to play around with, especially considering how fast a player can get to level 80 and decent equipment without even really trying, the hamster wheel of new modules with new bugs and issues over and over again isn't going to keep them in game forever either.

A new player is also going to wonder why the rewards only improve a little or not at all while the time spend to get through a skirmish or dungeon remains nearly the same even after he levels up and gets better equipment.

About professions, a new player might start the workshop questline if he stumples into it, but is probably going to wonder why he should even bother with pushing it through considering that it's pretty much pointless at the moment.

The same goes for seasonal or returning events, at some point even a new player is going to have the good stuff from then and then what? Not to mention that actually improving the loot system in both major seasonal events would be something even a new player can benefit from in form of less lag during those events.

Last but not least, a new player isn't going to jump into PvP right away, so why not simply let it go the way of the Foundry? I mean the Foundry brought players to the game and kept them interested into it between modules at least, can't say the same about the glorious PvP, therefore it would make more sense to revive the Foundry and bury PvP finally.
    Now that would be really something to think about...

Edit: And you do realise with playing the "majority of players" card here you can forget about asking for "harder content" as well, right? Since "most players globally" have no use for harder content either.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    regenerde said:

Well, even a new player sees that their companions are not working as they should be after a few hours of gameplay
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/109600/discussions/0/1638662230379360429/
    or why would any player even think about spending real money or gametime on ZEN shop companions, when they're bloody broken right now?

At some point even a new player is going to want a fresh class to play around with, especially considering how fast a player can get to level 80 and decent equipment without even really trying, the hamster wheel of new modules with new bugs and issues over and over again isn't going to keep them in game forever either.

A new player is also going to wonder why the rewards only improve a little or not at all while the time spend to get through a skirmish or dungeon remains nearly the same even after he levels up and gets better equipment.

About professions, a new player might start the workshop questline if he stumples into it, but is probably going to wonder why he should even bother with pushing it through considering that it's pretty much pointless at the moment.

The same goes for seasonal or returning events, at some point even a new player is going to have the good stuff from then and then what? Not to mention that actually improving the loot system in both major seasonal events would be something even a new player can benefit from in form of less lag during those events.

Last but not least, a new player isn't going to jump into PvP right away, so why not simply let it go the way of the Foundry? I mean the Foundry brought players to the game and kept them interested into it between modules at least, can't say the same about the glorious PvP, therefore it would make more sense to revive the Foundry and bury PvP finally.
    Now that would be really something to think about...

Edit: And you do realise with playing the "majority of players" card here you can forget about asking for "harder content" as well, right? Since "most players globally" have no use for harder content either.

Umm, from the first post of the thread-June 2019: "I have a question, I bought a level 10 unusual companion why he has only 1 unit of damage?".

Common companions are level 10 companions and Common item level 10 companions start off at Rank 1 and can be leveled up to Rank 20.

The first clue should have been when the poster said they "bought a level 10 companion", which as most of us know are common companions... Apparently something the second poster didn't take into consideration when they immediately started ranting about Neverwinter "nerfing" companions after Mod16...

adinos and fancy_felix were the only posters who even seemed to approach the topic with some levelheadedness...

adinos - "Damage-dealing Companions in fact do very little damage - and you need to get them at least to epic quality for them to be even remotely worth using. However, augments are simply better as summoned companions at the moment. This may change again in the future, but for now, that's the way to go."
    fancy_felix - "augmentation companions such as owlbear, quasit and Bullette Pupp are Bis and the game is fine. its be re-worked and therefore feels strange and new but its fresh."

Everyone else seemed to be too busy griping about companions being nerfed to even notice the OP posted about buying a "level 10 companion" and for a level 10 companion to do "1 unit of damage", that's not completely unreasonable. Think about it ~

I do agree there have been changes, and I will even admit to drastic changes to the benefit of even having certain companions, which is one of the major reasons I have never (since Mod6) been in a hurry to spend Real World case to buy the latest "trinket" Neverwinter waves under everyone's nose because after spending money whatever was purchased may well be made less effective - less valuable or even obsolete with the next sparkly trinket Neverwinter releases -

Surely this isn't a surprise to anyone who has been playing as long as you have.

I will also agree veteran players all would probably like to see an update to seasonal event rewards... but as I said that perspective probably only applies to players who have been playing for a while. I din't think a lot of new and newer players have grown bored with prizes they may never have seen or received before so I kind of doubt the developers will be in a rush to make a lot of updates to seasonal events especially given if someone is unhappy with the rewards in those events - they don't have to participate in those events.

The developers have made some updates like for instance the events and the awards in the liar's festival but then it's a never ending cycle. Likely some those who already have their broom mounts and broom companions and pointy hats are again already "bored" with the event and the rewards and would like to see more updates - another reason I kind of doubt the developers are overly concerned about some players calling for change.

And last but not least - you do realize PVP is a quest all new players receive around level 10 don't you?

So yes, chances are many new players who follow the quest paths they get from Sgt Knox will: "jump into PVP right away"...

But as I've been saying for years, as to whether or not new or newer players ever queue for a second or subsequent rounds of PVP, largely depends on how they are treated during their first rounds of PVP.
    DD~
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    This thread has long run its intended course and is therefore being closed. Please continue to provide your feedback using new threads.
    FrozenFire
This discussion has been closed.