test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• Options
    fabilaurafabilaura Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Are you guys fixing the stats on the CW's Dragonflight armor set??

For sure those stats are wrong, I think someone typed the stats of some other class when they were inserting the armor in the system (as you did with the names a while back), because there's no combination of the Dragonflight that make CWs better off in Crit and Power (major CWs priorities).

Thanks ^^
  • Options
    noqualificationnoqualification Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    fabilaura said:

Are you guys fixing the stats on the CW's Dragonflight armor set??

For sure those stats are wrong, I think someone typed the stats of some other class when they were inserting the armor in the system (as you did with the names a while back), because there's no combination of the Dragonflight that make CWs better off in Crit and Power (major CWs priorities).

Thanks ^^

text
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    What is important for me?

Prizes and reward for playing a game. By playing I mean 5-10 man dungeons/raids/heroics. No horde (40plp) zerg/bot runs as it is nowdays in Well of Dragons and Icewindale.
    Solution for this problem will be to limit number of players in one instance to 20-25.

Dungeons should be more rewarding.
    Nowdays there is no reason to go into any other dungeons except eLoL/VT and eCC. They are quick and easy to complete.
    After you collect T2 set and get enough seals all you want to do is to finish next dungeon (T1 or T2) as quickly as possible (to get extra AD for first two runs in a day). There is no reason to go in eGWD or MC, because rewards are not good enough.
    I'd like to see rewards like GMoP or even SMoP as rewards, refining stones or shards back into (some) dungeon chests.
    Dungeons take time some are quite difficult, requires good group composition to complete and should be rewarded.

Introducing redesigned 'old' dungeons will be most welcome, but be sure you fix all bugs and exploits that were reported so far. I really miss the choice we had before.
    If not, new dungeons with new mechanic will be great. By this I do not mean only bosses with tons of HP, or mass of mobs. Add some floor-puzzle to complete while other party members kite mobs/boss. Ekstra effects of adds surrounding boss as it is in eGWD or Kessel. I like it a lot and I'd like to see more of it in the future.

I'd like to see new system that works similar to the slayer count, but it's for completing dungeons.
    The reward should be an item of your choice as a reward (be it artifact/belt/necklace/any item that may drop there)
    After significant amount of completing specific dungeon (eg. 100) you can finally get you BtC item you wanted.
    It works in similar way in many other games, so it should not be a problem.

I'd like to see more HE in other maps as well. Release of Dragons HE in 'old' zones gave them some life.
    To be sure people will want to get back there, rewards should be updated (Refinig Items will be best choice).
    Every HE drops should be redisgned a bit to reflect how hard it is to complete it.
    Here is a reminder, I'd like to see 20-25 man instances, now this 'zerging' thing is destroying gameplay.

• Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    FIX THE FOUNDRY! There is nothing else to say... it's all been said before.. many, many times. Just look at any of the early publicity and you will see.. the FOUNDRY was the big selling point to this game. Please give it the attention it deserves. I realize that most of you probably don't play games of any type, you're programmers or business people.... so here's a newsflash for you... The foundry is what drew many, many people to this game... it's not like there aren't other games available... there are. You guys have to answer to the shareholders, right? Try explaining to them why you neglected the best part of this game. It may not be a money-maker in and of itself... but it will keep people playing this game... and spending their money... and you guys like money, right?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    FIX THE FOUNDRY! There is nothing else to say... it's all been said before.. many, many times. Just look at any of the early publicity and you will see.. the FOUNDRY was the big selling point to this game. Please give it the attention it deserves. I realize that most of you probably don't play games of any type, you're programmers or business people.... so here's a newsflash for you... The foundry is what drew many, many people to this game... it's not like there aren't other games available... there are. You guys have to answer to the shareholders, right? Try explaining to them why you neglected the best part of this game. It may not be a money-maker in and of itself... but it will keep people playing this game... and spending their money... and you guys like money, right?

...and you've been given at least a half-dozen VALID, good ways of increasing Zen sales (i.e. "making money") leveraging the foundry. Not to mention the "infinite new content" that players have been begging for for years now.
    It's pretty sad that HUGE international corporations can figure out that "product placement" in movies works - yet you guys can't understand Zen store product placement within the foundry.​​
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, this feedback thread was created over 3 months ago.
    Could we get an update on where we are with all the player feedback given here?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User

bugs are still a problem

leadership is a mess since its AD was nerfed. There are 4 hour tasks that give the same or more loot than 24 hour tasks

The shortage of dungeons and skirmishes is a problem. Bring back old dungeons like the clock tower or create several new ones. If you are worried about length of que issues then rotate their availablity by hour, day or week.

leadership should have several (at least three) choices per level. At least one choice should be 24 hours or longer in duration and have appropriate loot rewards for its level and length.

CTAs should have more going on than a single skirmish. Add a few quests to them and perhaps a special dungeon

Also what happened to the patch notes. They have not been updated since september.

agreed
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User

The main problem of the game? Players aren't rewarded for their efforts. Most of the significant progress in the game is done either by repeatedly playing the same shallow pool of content over and over (and that's what encourages botting, but they keep "fixing" it in ways that don't involve any effort on their party) or by lucking out and getting a rare drop, STILL from the aforementioned shallow pool of content, so that it can be sold and used for a tiny bit of improvement. They keep moving the goalposts and adjust the content difficulty to make it challenging for players who are already full BiS completely HAMSTER over both players who aren't endgame and those who have reached endgame and are doomed to be trampled in PvP and shunned in PvE...

this sums up most of the worst aspects of this game quite lucidly
  • Options
    xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    do something about oathbounds i understand class balance takes time but this should be a day fix there 3-4x as strong as they should be they all just stack power(healing+ dmg bonus) its HAMSTER
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I saw many good advises, no need for me to repeat them, like needed AD sinks, PVP balance, solo queue added, valuable paragon trees, more AD to earn, rewarding dungeons and old dungeons back and so on, all nice ideas. All i can say, i personally second all.

Let me add my 2 cents in form of 3 not so much disgused issues, which in my eyes are equally game breaking, only thing they just don't stick in our minds at first glance. I must add, i mean them not in an offensive way, just speaking out of my personal experience.

1. Game staff should really clean the game from those elements, who exploit this game since early BETA or launch.

They ruin economy and make other players life hard. A PVE player will see this in AH ruined and by watching LFG or guild reqruitments, where a normal being simply has no place, some dungeon runs or guilds demand a disgusting way of elitism. This is getting pretty intense, cause since the average Joe has nearly no means to earn decent AD, the cards play more in the favor of those, who exploited the game to it's core, are sitting on fortunes and now they dictate the terms, this needs to stop.

PVP is like a coin, either you get decent and sadly most of the time a bit unknowing (in PVP terms - a proper video tutorial is very needed) PUGs with low to medium gear or you get BiS premade teams or bunch of exploiters (just take a look at my thread about pvp's future and take a look at the screenshots). The average behavior of these exploiting individuals runs very deep and they use every exploit, bug, grey zone trick to win a stupid match.

Game staff should really take a look at them and use for once a ban hammer. Ok, not going in to the details, why i too think it's a bit naive for me to expect a clean game, but hey i can at least try to get the word out.

2. CS and Community Management needs to become more active and i would underline the word act. I have never got a decent reply from CS, if i ever got something, it was an automated response or a reponse, which clearly showed the person behind the monitor didn't really read my letter and sometimes the answer was more than laughable.

When i say they need to act, i would like to see those dozens of exploiters i have reported with screenshot evidence, who manipulate big parts of the game, like AH or NCL PVP event or everyday PVP to be addressed. All and i have to say all i have reported are here and bragging in the decent player's face, how they can do it without any real punishment. Those few of them, who got a pitiful 3 day ban are taking this risk happily. Imagine they exploit hundreds of millions of AD, build BiS toons, push their SH in a lightspeed ahead, sell accounts and in game stuff online for RL money and laugh about the legit players. Sad state...

3. I have written this a few times and sorry, if i will repeat myself. Andy @strumslinger you guys should really place two very very needed things into the game.

A ) A private mail system, which directly can reach out to either a Mod, a Dev or a GM, one which is not moderated to the core and one where we could speak openly. This would allow players to report broken or exploited stuff directly and fast to the Devs or to the Mods/in-game GMs. The system should include a verification, so we could see our feedback was really read by someone. (Something similar they use in various sports.)

B ) Last but not least the need for a real and for everybody present GM. Just look what a mess now PVP is since many exploiters see they can do whatever they wish, cause nobody is around. I see a cheater, i make a screenshot and? No use really. CS sends an automated answer, the exploiter goes on and the cycle begins again. Or let's talk about PVE, there are many situations, where a real time present GM would be very needed. I mean one who is visible to all of us you know.

Thank you!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    zebular said:

For me, the most important things are the accuracy and delivery of "Realms Lore" and the viability of the Foundry. The prior of which this game satisfies me greatly. The latter however, I am left feeling neglected and abandoned.

Specific Systems - The Foundry:

This was marketed as a selling point for the game yet after a few months into release, the Foundry has become more and more neglected and seemingly ignored. There are countless bugs that have been compiled and reported many times over, yet we see very little attention placed on the Foundry in regard to both bug fixing and making the system better over-all. A thread was made to gain feedback and in that regard, it has worked perfectly. Alas, we have seen no signs that any of that feedback as been taken into consideration.

There is no real reason for players to do quality foundry missions or even make them. The player rewards are worthless and only short 15-minute quests are considered for the daily. The authoring rewards are nice but are dampened for those who want to make longer quality missions due to the only real player rewards come from doing quick 15 minute missions for the daily.

I was enticed with the making of foundry missions too, and even wanted to re-dreate the famous dugeon
    lair "Tomb of Horrors" for the foundry- I think it would be incredible!!! but alas, you cant have nice drops in it, and what the above quote stated- it doesn't seem feasible for me to spend 100+ hors of time making a bugged deflated version, that isn't worth what you can get out of it/ it would still be a great gungeon delve- but with nothing to offer..
    -kinda like ALL the current dungeons available..
    -please bring back the other dungeons- with drops that make you want to run them... again

• Options
    hstartin#5096 hstartin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would like to know why I am rubber banding so much in the beginning area! This is my first time playing Neverwinter and I am a bit sad that I cannot even get through the introduction due to the 5 second lag delay. Please advise!
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

I would like to know why I am rubber banding so much in the beginning area! This is my first time playing Neverwinter and I am a bit sad that I cannot even get through the introduction due to the 5 second lag delay. Please advise!

Warlocks and Paladins. Thats why. I have detailed for the DEVs whats happening, why, and steps to reproduce it AND how to fix it. Lets see what they do.
  • Options
    ahrukinahrukin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    ill keep it short and sweet
    1) Rewards, (gear , Ad, drops) i personally feel its useless to run PVE content right now as there is extremely little to no rewards
    2) pallys in pvp.... come on .... its just ridicules ... 5 BIS tunes cant kill one.... get a grip guys there no skill or fun in that.
    3) Lag! why would you even release strongholds pvp? its completely unplayable.... i speak for the server when i say we all just played it to get the banners then thats it... was a great concept but once banners are no longer requred it will be playd by none as its not fun when its random lag.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    ahrukin said:

ill keep it short and sweet
    2) pallys in pvp.... come on .... its just ridicules ... 5 BIS tunes cant kill one.... get a grip guys there no skill or fun in that.

Just change int to Pallys. They're destroying PVE too.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    alaskaalaska Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Two issues going on right now and one I'm aware others have had problems with as well.
    1.) The end chest in ELOL is broken. For myself and others i've been adventuring with, the chest claims that our inventory is full. However my inventory is NOT full. The problem this presents is that I'm unable to get the items from the chest or complete the quest and leave the area. While some might not care about the items I do especially since the second to last attempt I ran had one of the treasured horns of lostmauth! You can imagine how pissed i was that i could not get this item! I tried a screen grab and submitting a bug/report to GMs unfortuately the screen grab is to damn blurry and for some reason the colors are all messed up and its near impossible to see anything. Im guessing this is my game settings which i lowered to help with the terrible performance i was seeing previously. I tried to do elol again with another group of folks same thing at the end except this time no horn.. I don't know why it claims my inventory if full because its not. THere were two others in the group this time that had the same problem.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    alaska said:

Two issues going on right now and one I'm aware others have had problems with as well.
    1.) The end chest in ELOL is broken. For myself and others i've been adventuring with, the chest claims that our inventory is full. However my inventory is NOT full. The problem this presents is that I'm unable to get the items from the chest or complete the quest and leave the area. While some might not care about the items I do especially since the second to last attempt I ran had one of the treasured horns of lostmauth! You can imagine how pissed i was that i could not get this item! I tried a screen grab and submitting a bug/report to GMs unfortuately the screen grab is to damn blurry and for some reason the colors are all messed up and its near impossible to see anything. Im guessing this is my game settings which i lowered to help with the terrible performance i was seeing previously. I tried to do elol again with another group of folks same thing at the end except this time no horn.. I don't know why it claims my inventory if full because its not. THere were two others in the group this time that had the same problem.

We all care about the items, and it's not just in eLOL, it's bugged in all dungeons. http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1207096/delve-chest-looting-issue-inventory-full#latest
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    phas3r1phas3r1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Ok there is something very weird about the leveling system.
    All your skills can be upgraded to level 4 only after you reach lvl 70 but...
    Its possible that you never get an extra point to raise them to level 4 because your reward for overflow level is random.
    In example ; " I just did completed my 7th level overflow, i was lucky i have 73 points, wich mean 2 of 7 level gave me 1 skill point."

So at this beat i will need 21 more level overflow to be abble to level the 7 default skills im using, that is if im lucky an i keep getting 2 out 7 levels. I also have an alternate load-out wich i know i will probably never be abble to upgrade lvl4 in my short life time.

For me it is definately a problem, every level i wonder if its worth to put the effort in leveling since last level all i got was 5 x Rank 5 enchants. Oh By the way, for your information i stoped using rank 5 enchants the moment i did reach level 70, because it does corespond with the moment i started doing enough astral diamonds to buy better, why you giving me those instead of a skill point, do you think it does compensated???? Anyway i could have used em to refine an artifact, but i did need 4 gold for a boon in sharandar so i sold em to a vendor in exchange for 5 silver each if i remember right. (((Does an overflow level = 25 silver ???)))
  • Options
    geetheblueskygeethebluesky Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Hello!

Here is some feedback that I hope will be easy to implement.

Please add a single option to the configuration. "Turn off loot result popups."
    By this I mean--don't bother with moving them around. Don't bother with changing the font size, dimensions, or even rerouting the output to a text log the results ARE already logged, so the visuals can be deemed unnecessary. Don't bother creating an elaborate plan to revamp the loot results; it won't get done, there's too many other things that seem more important. But this still needs fixing.

Just let us turn it off entirely. Sure, we won't know visually when we win or not (unless we check the log). But at least this will fix the problem of the entire middle section of the screen being polluted by loot results. Those who want to loot (like me) can keep doing so without bothering others.

No, "etiquette" will not fix this problem (counter: even if it's good behavior, lots of people don't care about that). Don't rely on the playerbase behaving, because they won't.

No, "waiting until battle ends" is not a solution (counter: quick thieves, greedy people)--see line right above this.

No, setting loot to "free for all" doesn't solve it either--I run dungeons with people to access more loot, not less! And the default is set to "need or greed"--again, don't rely on users changing it to magically accomodate others. That will not happen.

The choice has to be put into the configuration. It won't get solved any other way.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It would help to get the option to make a setting for drops...
    green drop: [ ] need, [ ] greed, [ ] pass
    blue drop: [ ] need, [ ] greed, [ ] pass
    purple drop: [ ] need, [ ] greed, [ ] pass
    and it would still only roll need, if that item is for your class.

The roll itself would be more or less automatic, and you would only see a message, when you win something.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    gharnorgharnor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Okay , I appreciate the need for all the specific things like "the Bar Trader" and things you want us to buy keys for. The need for an overhaul of crafting is huge. I have characters that craft in each category and it is awful that I cannot start in, leadership for instance, and train a worker all the way to GrandMaster. This fault is true in all the crafts, one cannot train a worker all the way up. So, this leaves me to attempt to buy from the Zen market boxes that may or may not contain the single puzzle piece I need, spending useless amounts of money. Thus crafting cannot be achieved. Now, one can just buy , with a huge amount of AD's, a GrandMaster, but why not just buy the weapon or armor and forget the wasted time of upgrading the craft?
    Then , of course the tools, yes the tools. One can go through hours of crafting up and gathering for days and days, then find out the tools one needs cannot be made, just bought for huge amounts of AD's, again it is just easier and cheaper time wise and money wise to buy a weapon or armor from the AH. Fix this so those of us who have reached lvl 25 in the crafts can make things after spending months reaching our levels. Crafting is broken, useless is a better word, it is a good system but built in, intentional flaws make it a train wreck.
  • Options
    e1ementoe1emento Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    My thoughts
    1: Get our dungeons back
    2: Correctly list the first skirmish Blacklake Terror as a skirmish. Currently it's listed as a quest instead. Also could we get a redo on skirmishes like we had with dungeons?
    3: Remove the mistext under Accomplishments in our Journals which states two which never will get fixed anyway.
    The Icespire Mountaineer and the Eye Chirurgeon
    4: Create an Archival Collection List for past inventory on PvE Equipment, etc.. It would be nice to have a complete collection list to check against that includes the older items.
    5: The ARC Client is taking up too much of my physical RAM. Without even getting into the game, it uses between ten and twenty MB. This may very well be the reason why I crash in game to desktop.
    Also when I start out, I keep getting an error that the procedure entry point HttpCreateUrlGroup cannot be found in its dynamic link library file HTTPAPI.dll. I don't know what to make of this as I get no response.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    e1emento said:

[...]
    5: The ARC Client is taking up too much of my physical RAM. Without even getting into the game, it uses between ten and twenty MB. This may very well be the reason why I crash in game to desktop.
    [...]

Easily resolved by DIY:

Launch the Launcher, ARC Client isn't necessary (neither is Steam). You find it in the "Cryptic Studios" folder (one hirarchic level anove the "Neverwinter directory...) under the name of "Neverwinter.exe"...
  • Options
    dudedudeguy#9050 dudedudeguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but would it be possible to add a customizable filter to the chat? If that was added, people would be able to ignore spambots based on the messages they send, and it would not be as time-consuming as it currently is to ignore/report spambots.
    To further elaborate, what I'm talking about would be a filter where the user can choose what words or phrases are filtered out.
    Post edited by dudedudeguy#9050 on
  • Options
    quasaralphaquasaralpha Member Posts: 2 New User
    I hope that Underdark expansion pack will stop that awful repetitions of the vigilant quests. Below the 60th lvl quest line is fine. Plenty of beatufil locations etc. But after the 60th lvl NWN turns into Lineage and this is terrible. That countless fappping of doing same quests again and again and again.
    Help me to send this message to the main group of developers please. Such gameplay transformation is definitely not OK.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    OK you guys need to start addressing something - the fact that Neverwinter lacks a system that smoothens out the transition that allows new players to become dedicated, veteran players.

Now, the imbalance/gameplay/bugs is something we older players can live with. We've stuck around this long, so expect us to continue running around doing stuff in-game as long as we see progress.
    Still, the fact remains that Neverwinter lacks that certain player-friendly factor that makes other MMOs like WoW so popular. This is slowly driving out your newbie playerbase, regardless of whether their insecurities are justified or not. Your new players feel estranged and abandoned, and all that eye candy/lore is only going to keep them coming back for so long.

1) The game lacks an easily accessible general knowledge resource.
    Let's make something clear - Neverwinter tends to attract players who love real-time combat. Now people like these tend to be very competitive (-everyone- is a potential rival) and the result is that you get a community can be VERY toxic or unhelpful.
    You can see how this can be very bad for new players.
    I see CWs, masters of AoE and control, struggling in the Fiery Pit because they're using the wrong powers. I see players who keep dying in level 60+ content because they're using poor gear with random stats and relying on outdated pots. I see new players trying to tackle IWD using mostly guts and subpar gear (obviously that doesn't turn out very well).
    In the end, even gear can only help so much. These days there are people in legendaries/mythicals dying in T1s (even with the op OP bubble) because they haven't figured out things like the fact that you shouldn't stand behind a dragon (something they should have learned when they first died to Charthraxis). Try asking old players. Many will agree that they general skill/general knowledge level of the average new player has dropped considerably.
    It doesn't help that the game is full of whiners. This is natural in a community with very competitive players - you guys must learn to accept this and deal with it constructively.

Long term solution:
    a) Introduce a system that recognizes when a player is struggling (combat takes too long, player seems to be stacking the wrong stats or not stacking any useful stat at all, player is constantly dying/being reduced to low HP) and offers suggestions. On his/her 2nd/3rd consecutive death, a message like "You have been killed! Did you know (insert enemy type) is vulnerable to (insert potential useful PvE powers)?" or "You have been killed! Did you know that a single Tail Swipe attack from a dragon can potentially defeat even very experienced adventurers?" or "You are constantly low on HP! Did you know that you can stack Lifesteal too help you survive longer in combat?"
    b)Introduce a section in the helpful tooltips that describe what certain powers/stats are useful for. It can be descriptive, like "Lifesteal: This attribute is incredibly helpful for classes with lots of fast attacks or damage over time powers" or lore-related, like "Oppressive Force: In days of old powerful Control Wizards were known to be able to stop an entire army on its tracks with this ability".
    b) Implement a General Knowledge function that new players can consult. Contains everything from what to bring in dungeons, what to expect in T1s (training grounds)/T2s (this is end game so you should you should expect a very different level of difficulty), how to handle abusive players, what gear they should focus on getting/upgrading first (because more new players are falling into the trap of getting T2s ASAP, in part because of whiners), how to find the proper guild, etc.
    This can simply be a link to the forums or something.
    I'm not saying you devs should hold their hand through the whole experience, but you must be able to point them in the right direction.

Band-aid solution:
    Seek help from the player community. There a lot of knowledgeable players out there who wouldn't mind volunteering their free time and answering questions from newbies. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, like you can simply change the color of a player's name in zone chat and change their designation to "adventuring guide" or something.
    Hopefully this will also help strengthen dev-player relations.

2) The game lacks a defined progress meter.
    The question people in zone chat have learned to expect the most from newbies is some variation of "What should I be doing next?"
    Common replies include some variation of "because .... bacon" and 'yo mama jokes.

Long term solution:
    A more robust, general version of the campaign window that includes the present campaign window along with "milestones" (plus links) telling people what they should be doing next.
    Eg:
    Level 70 milestone examples: (sorted by difficulty)
    Explore the Realm of Sharandar. Includes Tooltip and link to Sharandar campaign and collections.
    Explore Kessell's Retreat. Tooltip: The evil Kessell is threatening blahblahblah. Equip yourself with serviceable gear from quests, campaign merchants or the Auction House and storm the evil mage's blahblahblah. Includes link to Skirmish and collection rewards.

Band-aid solution:
    Same as above.

3) The game needs a better grouping system.
    No, this is not about the RNG or the queue system. I'm saying the game needs a better grouping UI for LFG.
    End game is all about grouping, and the current system is not making it easy. The type of community we currently have certainly doesn't help.
    If you people really want to cultivate a better community then players need to start to get along better. This means that grouping has to be fun. Standing around doing nothing and spamming LF3M blahblahblah for minutes at a time is definitely not fun. It helps then if the LFG UI was more defined, streamlined and player-friendly.

How about an interactive window that goes into detail about the identity/class of the players already in the group? So that instead of spamming LFG in chat, people can just create a group entity and then wait for people to join. People looking for a group will just have to choose where they want to go and then choose a group from there.
    The UI will include a tavern-esque setting/backdrop, and there will be tavern/travel bonuses (technical: to promote more varied group compositions, lore-wise: class interaction bonuses, some classes work better with themselves or others) depending on what classes people bring along. If a group takes too long to launch then the group gets additional morale bonuses (technical: to make joining that particular group more attractive, lore-wise: a good meal/some drinks/extra time in a relaxing atmosphere can really improve one's performance in combat).
    You can build on the tavern concept further to make it more interesting while players are waiting.

The queue system, of course, now also include a random, potentially powerful bonus to players using it. High risk, high gain.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    How about rebuilding proffessions, right now you can have 4 mithral assets for a profession and still there is only a 60% chance you can get a tier 3 item, i think it should be 85%, or maybe have a fith asset, crafting items from profession should be profitable. And the items need to be reviewed, there are lots of items that are not good.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    @strumslinger

This thread has a lot of good ideas but it has been growing since your OP in July. Might I suggest, that you and the mods consolidate it in new one so that we can continue to provide relevant feedback. Some of the suggestions have already been implemented and bugs fixed.

It would help organize some of the players feedback and keep current
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    lwedar said:

@strumslinger

This thread has a lot of good ideas but it has been growing since your OP in July. Might I suggest, that you and the mods consolidate it in new one so that we can continue to provide relevant feedback. Some of the suggestions have already been implemented and bugs fixed.

It would help organize some of the players feedback and keep current

+1

It would be a good thing to strip the redundancy from this thread, and rewrite it into a new one's first post.

Then close this one with a link to the new thread, and carry on discussing there...
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Pvp complete over haul there is so much wrong in pvp that I would take an entire page to list everything in detail.
    But I think devs need to play pvp constantly for a week at level 70 and all item levels to see that problem of item level gap the word joke doesn't cover it.
    Then there is this culture of exploiting broken feats and enchants to gain huge advantage this has to be dealt with after all it is no different to cheating.
    If you guys just played enough pvp and looked at your enemys gear you'd see why it's pretty obvious that some are using more than just broken feats/enchants, for instance some don't dodge and have no armor enchants just hop and manage never to get stunned have very little defence and take massive dmg with also very little hp something is up it doesn't take a genius to see that when it happens a lot.
    Lets hope you make a start on pvp before bringing out yet another mod (sarcasm lol)
This discussion has been closed.