test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance: 6/25 at 6AM

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
5:46PM PDT: NWPC is back up. Stay tuned for an announcement on the surprises.

4:24PM PDT: We're experiencing a database issue. ETA can be another hour and a half. We're planning something special for all the troubles.

3:53PM PDT: Unlocked. Welcome back to Neverwinter!

2:57PM PDT: Our engineers are still working on the issue. We will have either a solution or update in two hours. We apologize for the delay.

1:58PM PDT: We're running into unexpected issues. ETA is an additional hour.

1:13PM PDT: Maintenance is still going on. Lord Neverember apologizes. It may take another 45 minutes.

11:12AM PDT: ETA is roughly one more hour.

Update 8:53AM PDT: Maintenance is progressing smoothly.

Neverwinter will have its maintenance tomorrow 6/25 at 6AM for roughly six hours due to network maintenance. The extensive list of patch notes can be viewed here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191490/patch-notes-nw-45-20150618a-2

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    tharguthargu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    First off, the changes in Environment and Content seem very nice. Increasing drop rates will hopefully make the grind less frustrating. But..

This general change is going to hit support classes and tanks really, really hard. They're already hardly able to solo anything, as long as they're not sitting at 4k TIL, but this is going to make playing one really frustrating. My GF and healing DC are going to sit in the corner from now on, since killing mobs will probably take them so long that the mobs I've already killed are respawning before the last one died.
    Also, taking off 25% from a 200k oneshot is still a oneshot. Especially since mobs in t2 will now have way more time to kill you with a second hit. Our best defense was stunning the mobs and taking them out before they manage to break free from the CC. Now? They're going to sit it out and just twoshot us.
    Also. Bosses are unaffected? That means Traven will still hit like a truck with his hitpoints still sitting at like what, 80kk+? This is not going to make dungeoning any easier. In fact, it is going to make it way, way worse.

The general thought is nice, and well-appreciated. Just execution is.. flawed. Was it really necessary to add the extra HP? Even left at 75% of their damage, they still hit bad, and they are already able to take quite a punch. I will have a look at a changes as soon as the patch goes live and hope my opinion will change, but I sadly doubt it will.

"My call is your command, recruit, and failure is unacceptable."
  • Options
    UndefinedUndefined Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    People do you understand what is happening here? 50% more HP on enemies is the equivalent of an across the board all classes, all builds 33% damage nerf.

Way to go devs. *Shakes head* I give up. you win. I don't care anymore.
    What's with people who put their Ilvl in their Signatures? They probably have a big gold chain and saggy pants too.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, it should have probably been maybe a 33% increase in HP and 40% less damage from monsters, but maybe we will get lucky and eventually they will arrive there. It is possible.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    We will need 50% more time to kill the baddies.
    We will live (1/0.75 = 1,33) 33% longer

So basically game just got 12% harder.
    And lower killrate will also mean less xp income, but the xp changes might compensate for that.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I must say I had no problem with the difficulty as it was I think this reduction will help in enviroments like tiamat where it will now be easier to defend the clerics, I can't say if it is the right or wrong decision till I tried it out, but at least this proves the neverwinter team is listening to the players contrary to what many has said.

From me thank you for trying.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    And another thought: This is to the advantage of the classes that use extensive healing during fights, like tanks and DC. The percentage difference between heals and incoming damage will be way less.

This is bad for the 'kill them before hp runs out' classes that at most use a potion during fights, that is the dps classes.

An implicit boost to tanks and DC might be good for game though.
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this. Essentially it's a decrease in mob burst but an increase in damage over time since they will live longer. This makes already challenged classes like the HR even tougher to play. I can't self heal much, and I am mobile enough to avoid burst but I can get worn down pretty good, especially since my roots seem to not affect a lot of things at lvl 70.

This ought to be rethought.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    jimmyhar wrote: »
    I'd say that's a good set of changes. Enemies will still be too hard but it might make potions more worthwhile. At the moment I don't bother using a potion.

How do you figure that? Potions are currently useless. They will be no less useless when these changes are implemented.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Thursday (6/25)
    2x Refinement Points! (More information on this at a later date)

No announcement yet ...
    and what will be double refine or double rune-ench ????

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    spookymistspookymist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    The patch notes say "We are adjusting difficulty for all critters that are 6-~70" .... The mobs in dungeons are over level 70, are they being changed too? Delightful creatures like the archers in eCC who can one shot you with a casual glance in your direction, or those critters that don't even need to look at you because they have a no-warning aoe attack fully centered around themselves that leaves you wondering what on earth just happened.

I'll pack a picnic to take when doing IWD dailies if there is a lighting the pass quest included. Sustenance will be needed to maintain enough energy to wear down the mob that guards the one near the far end of the map.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    spookymist wrote: »
    The patch notes say "We are adjusting difficulty for all critters that are 6-~70" ....

To me "~70" means "about level 70". This may or may not include levels 71 to 73.

Anyway, I wish they had been more specific.

• Options
    ragnoir3ragnoir3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Neverwinter will have its maintenance tomorrow 6/25 at 6AM for roughly six hours due to network maintenance...

@strumslinger, could you please add the UTC time to your announcements? This is so that non-US players can calculate when things will be. Ideally, you could use the timeanddate site (as you do on the launcher) to show the user the time of an announcement in their own time.

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    We had network maintenance 2 days ago. Twice in 1 week? Get your collective act together Cryptic! Inept is the word of the day...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Can you please tell whoever is in charge of maintenance to stop jumping the gun?

We got the "Servers will go down in 10 minutes" announcement at 5:50, and then after invoking on two more characters, BOOM! disconnected. Really annoyed right now.
  • Options
    arkomania4life2arkomania4life2 Member Posts: 1
    It seems that nobody in ARC knows that there is an Event going on! Why not to wait 4 hours and do the maintenace when when the event ends?Thinking it's not hard just try it!
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    I myself play stormwarden ranger and for a dex class we are slowest moving take more damage and deal
    less than other class 's . a 50 % gain to mobs hp just killed my play . and im 2700 GS
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah... my Super-tank Protection Paladin has just become persona non grata and will now take painful longer to clear trash mobs in solo play (in parties I don't bother; I just go for the brutes, etc.)

OUCH.

EDIT to add: @CRYPTIC: The *problem* is that clearing trash is taking TOO LONG. Sure, make them difficult, make them harder even, but for goodness sakes: find a way that it does't take me a half hour to clear the same instance it used to take me only 15 minutes. Sheesh. (And I'm not referring to today's changes - this has been creeping in for a long time and today just adds to that frustration).
  • Options
    mainkingdmainkingd Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I Hope Your Going yo be Extending the Jubilee Event Considering you chose todo this during event time!
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mainkingd wrote: »
    I Hope Your Going yo be Extending the Jubilee Event Considering you chose todo this during event time!

It's always done this way, just FYI... when maintenance is over, so is the event.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    It seems that nobody in ARC knows that there is an Event going on! Why not to wait 4 hours and do the maintenace when when the event ends?Thinking it's not hard just try it!

1) They know they made the statement about the event, but that doesn't mean they can't change it. There are many past examples of them doing this. Not committing gives them an out. My bet is that this event isn't happening and instead it will be a 2x runes and enchants weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a sinking feeling about this...

2) Having the maintenance at a different time may conflict with their market research of when people spend the most money. I know where I am, having the maintenance at the time you suggest, would mean that it would be down when I can actually play. Thereby I wouldn't potentially be spending any money. This is just an example.

• Options
    ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    When is the issue with text disappearing at the end of the chat window while typing going to be fixed?
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    group5e wrote: »
    1) They know they made the statement about the event, but that doesn't mean they can't change it. There are many past examples of them doing this. Not committing gives them an out. My bet is that this event isn't happening and instead it will be a 2x runes and enchants weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a sinking feeling about this...

While I know that we're "not allowed" to make posts that involve "conjecture", the distinct absence of any sort of official response can only further fuel the amount of players' conjecture... which, in turn, makes the mods' jobs more difficult, because suddenly there's more "conjecture" posts that need to be deleted/moved/whatever. So yeah, I feel for the mods.

Regardless.. it's been interesting to watch the market value of RP items in the AH fluctuate so sharply. A couple weeks ago, the price went from ~5AD/RP to under 2AD/RP, thanks to the IWD HE buff. Once the IWD HEs got nerfed, the prices climbed back up to ~3AD/RP. Along comes the Jubilee and the announcement of 2xRP and the prices went up to around 4AD/RP. While this doesn't seem like much, when you're looking at MILLIONS of RP to level these artifacts, a difference of 1 or 2 AD/RP is considerable.

So the market has been somewhat "stabilized", between the IWD HE nerf and the announcement. I dropped a lot of AD on RP when I saw the cost was rising again after the announcement was made, and I think that was the intent of the announcement... to "stabilize" the market value of RP (even though it's still a whole lot cheaper in the AH than it is in the Zen Store).

But who knows. As players given no information, all we can do is sit here and toss around ideas.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    While I know that we're "not allowed" to make posts that involve "conjecture"...

Why not? I mean, I can't believe how many times someone from PWE/Cryptic says one thing and the opposite happens.

As for RP prices, they haven't gone up as much as in the past so far, however I could see this RP "mistake" being utilized to suck the hoarded RP from certain sources. Of course, this is all hypothetical. I'm sure they would never do something like this.

Usually 2x RP brings back players to the game who took a break as it is a way to help gear up quickly. Not sure why they would want to be this secretive about it, unless... it's not happening.
  • Options
    peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    So... it takes 6 hours to deliver a global 50% nerf to player damage and 25% buff to their armor? Sounds like everyone is going to be a tank: can't hurt anything, but can't hardly get hurt - unless a one-shot mobster comes along, then BAM! down to -5% instead of -30% - either way, dead.
  • Options
    ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I'll tell you what though, as soon as Sword Coast Legends ships, that's going to be my go-to game for Forgotten Realms D&D gaming.

Also, why do these forums post that I'm a CO player instead of Neverwinter or even STO? I tried CO once and plonked it when I saw what an awful game it was.
  • Options
    amdirelamdirel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I can't connect to the patch server. Anyone else has this problem?
  • Options
    delitusdelitus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    yep they just don't want us to play and see how many bugs they just added
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    i cannot connect as well. Hopefully they make the double rp more than one day, since it seems many of us will not be able to patch and play today.
This discussion has been closed.