What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance: 6/25 at 6AM

Comments

• Options
    ellellelleellellelle Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm mostly shocked that we aren't getting more updates here. Twitter is giving us more than here, and this is the official forum! The latest update is out of date now, and no ETA. I would say teething problems but this must be a big problem if no one knows when it will end.
    EDIT: we just got an update. another 43 min or so.
  • Options
    seanitusseanitus Member Posts: 9
    that's a relief and i wasn't the only one being one shotted either... Cryptic, you are going to ruin the game so best you start actually paying attention to what your players say
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Please let refine me my stuff... pretty please
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    1:13PM PDT: Maintenance is still going on. Lord Neverember apologizes. It may take another 45 minutes.

Thank you for the update. The natives are restless (and I include myself in that statement.)
  • Options
    wuweilunwuweilun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    nps4 wrote: »
    Just posted on Twitter

Our engineers need an additional hour for the network maintenance. Lord Neverember apologizes for the delay.

Thanks for letting us know. I was wondering why the launcher wouldn't, y'know, launch.
    I have a Great Weapon Fighter, Guardian Fighter, Oathbound Paladin, and a Control Wizard on Neverwinter. I've also tried a Devoted Cleric and Trickster Rogue. Let's just say that I can't find the motivation to cap any of them.
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    no twitter here... nvr used and have no desire to... just want to kill a few badies and drink beer.... the american dream
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    delitusdelitus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    when ever they fix 1 thing they break 3 others or more
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    Man, it already takes my paladin forever to kill stuff and now the enemies have even more hit points thus making it take even longer to kill them. Meaning that even though they do less damage, I will take even more damage than before due to the fact it will take much longer to kill them. This just really doesn't make any sense at all. Lowering the damage made sense due to the fact it was a little to much to begin with. But adding 50% more hit points to enemies that already had enough to begin with just wasn't thought out at all. Maybe if it was just 10 or 15% more hit points that might be okay, but diffinitely not 50% more. Why always go so way overboard with everything. You way over nerfed the only good skill the paladin had for doing dps and now you way over did it with adding to many hit points to everything. Why not do something in the middle sometime and go from there. Well, I hope you buffed the dps of the paladin class so it doesn't take a hour just to kill one mob in the game now.
  • Options
    ellellelleellellelle Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Uh oh.. Xbox shards had to be taken down again. This does not bode well for us PC players.. I think I feel another extension coming on.
  • Options
    soulreaper6666soulreaper6666 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    ellellelle wrote: »
    Uh oh.. Xbox shards had to be taken down again. This does not bode well for us PC players.. I think I feel another extension coming on.

I agree x_x
  • Options
    mikanismikanis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi Perfect World

I by no means want to tell you how to do your job, but please consider the following:

Communication is always key to keeping the customer happy, and it should at least appear as a two way conversation.
    Reputation is always key to building a lasting business model, be it subscription based, free to play or box on shelf.

Informing someone after the fact, may appear as if it is communication, but more often than not, it will be viewed as inconsiderate. This is lack of communication and will make your customers unhappy.

Having this happen on more than one occasion decreases reputation, and lower reputation always leads to a loss of business. Consider MySpace vs Facebook for relevance.

I am no stranger to maintenance windows, and we always double the expectations, because experience has made us wiser. If a server can refuse to boot, it will refuse to boot. If a router can lose its config, it will lose its config.

I hope you resolve your current issues with maintenance, and I hope you consider the above, not only to pacify your clientele, but also to provide some relief to your engineers, because there is nothing worse than trying to sort out an issue with looming deadlines.
  • Options
    kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    soltasword wrote: »
    Well, I hope you buffed the dps of the paladin class so it doesn't take a hour just to kill one mob in the game now.

overly exaggerated.. :/
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • Options
    osculimincosculiminc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Heck did I pick a crappy time to give neverwinter a go alli wanna do is get the game to start downloading the last 3gb + patch on my crappy 1meg connection. Plan is to leave it overnight. Its already almost 11pm and this all started at 3pm this afternoon. Come on folks im falling asleep here already
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm sure Strum would love to fill us in, but I have an idea that his job is rather like this:

<Removed - please leave political things out of the forum. Thanks! ~Zeb>
    Post edited by zebular on
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Man, it already takes my paladin forever to kill stuff and now the enemies have even more hit points thus making it take even longer to kill them. Meaning that even though they do less damage, I will take even more damage than before due to the fact it will take much longer to kill them. This just really doesn't make any sense at all. Lowering the damage made sense due to the fact it was a little to much to begin with. But adding 50% more hit points to enemies that already had enough to begin with just wasn't thought out at all. Maybe if it was just 10 or 15% more hit points that might be okay, but diffinitely not 50% more. Why always go so way overboard with everything. You way over nerfed the only good skill the paladin had for doing dps and now you way over did it with adding to many hit points to everything. Why not do something in the middle sometime and go from there. Well, I hope you buffed the dps of the paladin class so it doesn't take a hour just to kill one mob in the game now.

It can't take longer than "forever"

• Options

Maybe you've just got an undergeared Paladin? Because from what I've seen they have decent damage and some good survivability >.>
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    The always extended maintenance time hurts European players. ALREADY 11 pm in Europe. Please look at this problem.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    Hmmm... 50% more hitpoints means 1,000,000 dude now has 1,500,000. Instead of hitting you for 500,000 damage he hits you for 375,000 damage. So it takes you 50% longer to kill him, while he takes 25% longer to kill you. Meaning what? They 1.2 hit kill you instead of 1 hit kill you. Awesome ***applause***....
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    krisein wrote: »
    Well, I hope you buffed the dps of the paladin class so it doesn't take a hour just to kill one mob in the game now.

overly exaggerated.. :/

Kinda the point. But it does take my paladin an extended amount of time to kill anything. I know it isn't supposed to be a super dps class but it darn sure needs to do more than it does. Even with a plague fire enchant, I still do very little damage. A little more across the board would be very beneficial. Say just 15% would be great and that isn't very much but would be extremely helpful now that the enemies have so many hit points.

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    skalt112 wrote: »

It can't take longer than "forever"

It never took forever

It was "a while"... see now there is room for growth
  • Options
    kallonondekallononde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Paladin needs to do more? Try archery hr first and see it's dps not to mention survivability :smiley:
  • Options
    sophiwarlocksophiwarlock Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I look forward to double RP hour (stay tuned for more information).
    EL53S8n.png
    Youtube Channel PvP and NW brickabrack
  • Options
    undulationsundulations Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Maybe they'll have to extend again and feel bad and give us another useless companion and mount.
  • Options
    medvjedic01medvjedic01 Member Posts: 8
    wtb old neverwinter when lvl cap was 60xD
  • Options
    The last update for PC on Twitter was over an hour ago >.> And before that they said they would need an additional Hour.. Which was 2 hours ago x_x
  • Options
    kallonondekallononde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I think the 2xRP will be over before the game is back online :wink:
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    I look forward to double RP hour (stay tuned for more information).

The way maintenance is being extended, its very possible that by monday, when the servers come back up, itll last a hour. :p

Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User

I am going to take a shot in the dark here, but I think why we have so many 1 step forward 2 steps back moves from Cryptic is that there is a pro-player contingent within Cryptic that knows our pain and wants to make things better, but this group is constantly stymied by the anti-player contingent made up of 1 PWE suit in a corner office. In my head I see this Cryptic group knocking on the door of Mr Suit and presenting their proposal. Mr Suit loves the idea, but just needs a couple of tweaks to get it past corporate. These tweaks take "we really need to address player concerns regarding enemy balance and lower the damage output of enemies" and turn it into "we reduced damage output of enemies but decided to jack up their HP to keep you playing but with reduced progression". They take quests with stupidly low drop rates for quest items and raise the drop rate, but then jack up the number you need. They offer more opportunities to earn RP, but then nerf dragon hoards to compensate.

It's this silly sort of not really fixing problems but creating new ones that holds the game back. One day I hope that Mr Suit wakes up and realizes HE is the one responsible for the state of the game, and sitting in his comfy chair in his corner office and letting Cryptic take all the flack for his decisions has so isolated him from the chaos he has sewn that he becomes overwhelmed with grief, quits the game business and goes back to his previous job as Walmart Greeter.
  • Options
    crewman6crewman6 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    nearly 5 PM and still no joy in the states.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    After this game change name from Neverwinter is Bugwinter and now Neveropen!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
This discussion has been closed.