What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Wiki

Comments

• Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm working on a 'guide' (really just a table or chart) for the UNITY dailies right now. I have all of the missions listed in the groups they appear in, I'm just double-checking right now to make sure that I have the days in the proper order (the 8 sets of missions repeat on a continued cycle).

I know a lot of forumites are just like me–you've got a buttload of alts, and don't want to put in the time/money to outfit all of them with Justice or Legion gear, so you go the Heroic route. That means grinding lots of UNITY missions with your 40s. SCR is also good for mods and costume/TP unlocks (though surely most people have done that long ago if they are ever going to).

Also if you're like me, you like picking up some of the easier/more enjoyable missions over the course of a few days, and getting multiples of the same mission in your log as well, so you only have to do it once for double credit. I love getting Canadian Taken in the mission journal twice–virtually no travel distance, nice little breezy mission, bam, 10 SCR.

So, I decided to plot out which missions always go together and what order those groupings occur in, so that I could make a super-nerdy attack plan. The lazy man's route to more efficient grinding.

Didn't know if that's anything you'd be interested in for the new wiki. It's not earth-shattering stuff, but it might help out some folks who want to make that easy-to-get Heroic gear even easier or more enjoyable to pick up.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Want some maps of resource nodes? I haven't been playing Champs much lately but I did do a bit more mapping in Millenium City.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    I'm working on a 'guide' (really just a table or chart) for the UNITY dailies right now. I have all of the missions listed in the groups they appear in, I'm just double-checking right now to make sure that I have the days in the proper order (the 8 sets of missions repeat on a continued cycle).

I know a lot of forumites are just like me–you've got a buttload of alts, and don't want to put in the time/money to outfit all of them with Justice or Legion gear, so you go the Heroic route. That means grinding lots of UNITY missions with your 40s. SCR is also good for mods and costume/TP unlocks (though surely most people have done that long ago if they are ever going to).

Also if you're like me, you like picking up some of the easier/more enjoyable missions over the course of a few days, and getting multiples of the same mission in your log as well, so you only have to do it once for double credit. I love getting Canadian Taken in the mission journal twice–virtually no travel distance, nice little breezy mission, bam, 10 SCR.

So, I decided to plot out which missions always go together and what order those groupings occur in, so that I could make a super-nerdy attack plan. The lazy man's route to more efficient grinding.

Didn't know if that's anything you'd be interested in for the new wiki. It's not earth-shattering stuff, but it might help out some folks who want to make that easy-to-get Heroic gear even easier or more enjoyable to pick up.

I feel like that'd be an awesome addition to the guides page, and might even be deserving of its own wiki entry. If you wrote it up, it'd be awesome, and I'd probably break your data down to individual wiki pages. This could get extra mileage, because it has use both as a guide setup and raw data to work with. :)
    Want some maps of resource nodes? I haven't been playing Champs much lately but I did do a bit more mapping in Millenium City.

YES.

Sorry about the tiny delay in updating. I've got a wicked ear infection right now, because the universe hates me. I'm sorting out that tutorial on editing frameworks and powers, and I'm trying to make it inclusive to most of my templates. It's a bit of work, I'll probably give it its own guide or page on one of our sites. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    how do I create an account? I just tried and it gave me a message saying I don't have that permission.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can'rt even find where to make one.
    you have to approach us to make you an account.
    @eviltaco or @jasinblazing
    wiki can get hijacked by bots otherwise.
    the old wiki was the same way

Thought so. thanks.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »

Just curious how big you team is right now? Seems like a lot is getting done and getting done pretty fast.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    not many

Anyways, I need an account named marhawkman.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Oh my god you would seriously be my hero
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    oddbirdy wrote: »
    Oh my god you would seriously be my hero
    oookay... :P I suppose I could release a few more of the horribly incomplete ones Tsin'xing has compiled.

Ermm... actually, the only stuff I have that's worth releasing are Arms and Mystic maps for MC. But as mentioned earlier, they're horribly incomplete, and mostly T1 nodes.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Updated Arms I think it has almost twice as many points now.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    not many

Anyways, I need an account named marhawkman.

then you need to send me an email ingame, with a real world email
    also we should talk first
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    then you need to send me an email ingame, with a real world email
    also we should talk first
    [System] [MailSendFailed] Unable to send email, the recipient's mail box is full.

Ermm... yeah... that was me trying it on STO but... usually it makes no difference.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Day 1:

When the Cat's Away (D)
    Big Shoes to Follow (C) *
    Sewer Pursuer (MC)
    Worm Warfare (L) *
    Cull the Bleak Abyss (L) #
    MANIMAL FARM (MI)

Day 2:

Earthworm Gem (D) *
    Does Not Compute (D)
    Canadian Taken (C)
    Archaeological Interruption (MI) #
    Annelid Aggregation (L)
    EXHIBIT HALL ENMITY (MC)

Day 3:

When the Cat's Away (D)
    U.F.O. No (D)
    Snakes & Lizards (MI)
    That Sinking Feeling (L)
    Reavers of the Deep (L) #
    ELDERS AMONG THE EXCREMENT (MC)

Day 4:

Once Submerged (D)
    Breaking Out in Hives (C)
    Serpents & Worms (MI) #
    Hive Maligned (MI)
    Worm Warfare (L) *
    IGNAETIUM IMMENSITY (MI)

Day 5:

Big Shoes to Follow (C) *
    Lizard Mind Magnification (C)
    Snakes in the City (MC)
    Equal Opportunity Transmogrification (MI)
    Cull the Bleak Abyss (L) #
    BLEAK RECKONING (L)

Day 6:

Breaking Out in Hives (C)
    No Alligators in These Sewers (MC)
    Archaeological Interruption (MI) #
    Wetwork (L)
    Annelid Aggregation (L)
    DRAYSHA MAKES MONSTERS (MI)

Day 7:

Earthworm Gem (D) *
    U.F.O. No (D)
    Snakes in the City (MC)
    Equal Opportunity Transmogrification (MI)
    Reavers of the Deep (L) #
    CAZULON VS. MINIATURE HERO (MC)

Day 8:

Does Not Compute (D)
    Canadian Taken (C)
    Menace & the Meltdown (C)
    Lizard Mind Magnification (C)
    Serpents & Worms (MI) #
    INVASION'S EPILOGUE... OR EPITAPH (MC)

Key:

* 40-minute timed mission
    # outdoor mission
    CAPS special mission
    (D) Desert Zone, (C) Canada Zone, (MC) Millennium City Zone, (MI) Monster Island Zone, (L) Lemuria Zone

"Canadian Taken", all outdoor missions, and all special missions are worth 5 Silver Champions Recognition; all other missions are worth 2 Silver Champions Recognition. If timed missions are not completed within 40 minutes, they cannot be added again (until they come up again in the rotation, i.e. another day); so, finish those before time runs out or you will be unable to get the special mission for that day.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Not sure if that's the best way to get you the info, but as a placeholder, if nothing else. I've got a color-coded table set up in word; a table is much easier to look at and figure out which days have missions that go together well (especially when colored and ordered by zone).

Anyway, let me know what else you need if this would be helpful. I figure vets know the basics, but a lot of people I talk to here and in-game think it's some terrible grind to get Heroic Gear, when nothing could be further from the truth. It just helps a lot to have a loose plan in order, to make it go more quickly/more enjoyably.

Pick the two easiest days, do the missions in about 30 minutes, and you've got a piece of gear. Let "Cull the Bleak Abyss" and "Reavers of the Deep" both stack up twice, go kill 40 Lemurians, and you just racked up 20 SCR. Easy-peezy. For that matter, since you can have 15 missions active, just pick up the outdoor mission every day some week (which would be 14 missions), then at the end of the week, go kill 40 Lemurians underwater, 40 Lemurians topside, 20 VIPER, and 20 worms. There's your 35 SCR, you just got a piece of purple gear for 5 minutes of play.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I have the tutorial info ready for editing wiki powers. I'm gonna put about 10 hours in tomorrow, updating powers and giving out the tutorial.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Not sure if that's the best way to get you the info, but as a placeholder, if nothing else. I've got a color-coded table set up in word; a table is much easier to look at and figure out which days have missions that go together well (especially when colored and ordered by zone).

Knowing the zone is important so you know which days have too much Lemuria.

Speaking of Unity, I'm working on video guides for the Unity 2 prerequisites. It's just taking forever because I super suck at making guides and I managed to hit every bug ever. Won't release it until after the content update and will probably make a video for the new AT before that.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    Knowing the zone is important so you know which days have too much Lemuria.

Speaking of Unity, I'm working on video guides for the Unity 2 prerequisites. It's just taking forever because I super suck at making guides and I managed to hit every bug ever. Won't release it until after the content update and will probably make a video for the new AT before that.

Noted; I edited it to add a brief notation for zones. Though personally I dread the Desert missions more, yeah... if you're going down to the abyss in Lemuria on a character without a vehicle, just hit autorun and go make a sandwich.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    there is nothing wrong with my ingame email.
    send a forum message to me with a real world email.
    then we can correspond there,
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    there is nothing wrong with my ingame email.
    send a forum message to me with a real world email.
    then we can correspond there,
    request granted. :P

Hmm... I just realized my previous attempt was actually me sending it to @Eviltaco
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oddly, I didn't get that message either. O_o

http://guides.championswiki.com/2014/09/wiki-editing-and-you-power-pages/

There we go. Broken down by category, color coded, and explained bit by bit. The info on there applies to every wiki page, it's a basic primer on how I set up my templates, and how you'd edit them. I'm gonna go more in depth with table creation and such at some point, that way people don't have to wait on me to create new categories.

Also, created the AT overview page, reworked the mission category entirely, and started creating the base framework for the mechanics page. I'm gonna set up the template for the archetypes themselves here in a second or 2.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    K, really really bare bones AT page is up on the behemoth. I'm gonna do an infobox and screenshot and all that, but this'll do for now. If any of the wiki people want a seriously easy mission, feel free to tag in on the archetype pages.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oddly, I didn't get that message either. O_o
    Well the game told me your mailbox was full.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Wait, that's possible? O_O I'll fix it. :D

FYI, my IRL email is iamaneviltaco at gmail dot com. Might make it a bit easier.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=The_Tempest

Nearing proof of concept. Sure, Invocation of Storm Calling might be mexican food. But the rest of it works, and it's starting to connect properly. :D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cool, I wish I could help with powers and stuff, but... I don't know much there.

Maps of resource nodes? That I can do.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    all AT pages have templates in place. just need to be filled in.
    added 2 more Cats for At types Epic and legacy.
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ATs done, with the exception of the Awakened Automaton. Could probably use some polishing to make them a bit more consistent in the categories section, though since I wasn't sure what to put for most of them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    awesome, thanks alot Vizz. i imagine we will polish them up later. the more we can get up the better.
    i was thinking of replacing the superstat column with a powerssets used on the ToC for the ATs
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Looks amazing guys, damn. Kudos.

Jasin, I'm going to be slapping icons next to the ATs when we get to the polish phase. I wouldn't worry too much about that, the icons kinda call out what powers the AT uses.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    When do I get an account?

*pokes with stick*
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Did you drop me a mail? I need your email address to set one up for you.

Anyone happen to have the tooltips for Rimefire Burst handy? Edit: nevermind, Ravenforce got em.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And bam. Fire's done. Finally have data on rimefire on one of the wikis. So, that helps.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Did you drop me a mail? I need your email address to set one up for you.
    PM'd to you on the board
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Gotcha, you should get a mail in the next 10 seconds.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I made a contacts page and template page by ripping off the Missions template and changing a few words. Both are pretty rough and bare, so feel free to improve
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    vizzone wrote: »
    I made a contacts page and template page by ripping off the Missions template and changing a few words. Both are pretty rough and bare, so feel free to improve

I'll put together a level template for that page, so it'll display the proper availability for each mission. It's gonna be a rough table at the moment, But that'll give me a framework to use to correct the pages later with find -> replace.

If y'all want any page templates done, just let me know. Also, can I get a sticky? This thread is huge, and I feel like it might be important. Maybe the biggest project going on in game right now with the players.

I finally found the email address I need for the data I don't have, and if we're not gonna get the source files? A sticky is fine too. :D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Dun dun DUNNNHHH!!!

I made a stub-ish page to start out the section on Mods.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hey, wiki people. wanna tag the powers I've gotten done with the category: accelerated metabolism tag at the end? If you can find category:Challenging Strikes pages, as well? as well as category:Crippling Challenge ? That would rock.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Force is up! Again, a thanks to Ravenforce for the data on Redirected Force.

Force Force Force Force Force Force Force Force Force Force Force Force Force Force.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    reworking the modification pages
    hawk if you could repost maps HERE. also dont tag the photos directly to the main cat but to the page that they will go on. i couldn't remove your tag,(Which I should be able to, since i have the authority)so i had to temporarily remove them so you can repost on the node pages.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    -_-' Image tags are part of the image description, just edit the image description....

I was about to upload new versions anyways.

I'm going to change the layout you did since it has redundant structuring.

EDIT: WHOO! Millennium City!

EDIT2: Desert's up

EDIT3: and Canada

EDIT4: I might have to use a smaller resolution for uploads or cut the maps into pieces.... that thumbnail error seems to pup up whenever a map parameter is greater than 4000*3000.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    it is redundant since those are links to the zone pages, which will also link to the skill nodes.
    there's a bigger structure here.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey mods? Any chance of a sticky for this thread? Seems appropriate. :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    it is redundant since those are links to the zone pages, which will also link to the skill nodes.
    there's a bigger structure here.
    oh those pages were for the social zones themselves? oops...

Anyways, I recopied the data on mod tiers since it got left out of the change you did....

And for some reason the Canada maps are making the system unhappy, I personally suspect the problem is due to the dimensions of the picture not the size of the file. the images work, but you can't look at a thumbnail of them.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »

it's called a place holder
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Well, I, for one, congratulate you guys on finally making all of the links on the the main page turn blue. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2014

i thought it was called tacoportation.... looks like somebody messed up u3u fix it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    i thought it was called tacoportation.... looks like somebody messed up u3u fix it.
    You were dropped often as a baby weren't you?