What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC_30_20120518_2015

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This. I don't claim to read every post on these boards but I read...a lot of them I'll say. To date, I can think of one person who asked for the Infernal Aspect to have an aura change and dozens of people (myself included) asked that it remain untouched and that only AotB get it's aura changed or removed (this is actually a LONG standing community request).

Please put the infernal aura back. Changing the aura is killing the concept of one of my established level-capped characters for a non-gameplay related reason...again. And I'm not the only one either.
    I talked to Splosions in the Akinos chat room and according to him this change is unintended. Apparently one of the "layers" of the graphic was accidentally removed and he's going to fix it.
    Infernal: Devour Essence: Range increased to 15ft.
    Infernal: Devour Essence: Now uses ranged damage tables.
    You magnificent *******.

Now my Infernal character isn't broken! Well, other than needing some new gear and a Super Stat change from Strength to Ego. (Although that change in itself will cost me some defense and HP, but it's not that big a deal)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Hm .. maybe .. but its not really what i wanted i think .. a little unsure what my opinion about that is at the moment.

Problem is, that DE is also often used in pure melee builds, and they now got the shaft. The old aspect was
    simply the best rounded soution.

ಠ_ಠ Imeanseriously.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Roadwulf wrote:
    Just change Aspect of the Infernal back please. It was working perfectly the way it was.
    Especially the FX please

/signed 100 times.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Roadwulf wrote:
    Didn't say it didn't need to be nerfed, said the manner in which it was is wrong.

I posted a Rework thread in this forum if you're interested.

Devour Essence:
    Not the proper solution, but whatever.
    Now it no longer works properly for Beastial since its not a Melee power anymore.

Just change Aspect of the Infernal back please. It was working perfectly the way it was.
    Especially the FX please

Well, DE isn't a Bestial power, so that's okay. I'd like to hear your proper solution though.

The functionality of Aspects probably won't be changing back. The FX never should've changed though, that was an unintended bug. So you guys can stop fretting about that, it will be fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well, DE isn't a Bestial power, so that's okay. I'd like to hear your proper solution though.

The functionality of Aspects probably won't be changing back. The FX never should've changed though, that was an unintended bug. So you guys can stop fretting about that, it will be fixed.

Then atleast return the Bonus Toxic Damage part of Aspect of the Infernal. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any kind of difference between it and Concentration other than HOW they stack.

And since Concentration works off Maintains and Charges (Most of what Infernal is), it honestly boils down to
    The FX and the HOW.

Also, since we're talking about Infernal

Bug:
    Noxious Poison from Defile is not being refreshed by Infernal Blast
  • Options
    edited May 2012

At least the the last is good to hear.

Can you tell us the reason why we probably won't get the old aspect back ? Is it what i suspect that you
    simply want to get rid of the multiplicative powers, or just that all damage toggles should simply be more
    generic and work for all framesets ?
  • Options
    edited May 2012

1 point adv to make it melee again please... then I love u for ever.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I see the particularly loud sound/graphic was removed from Enraged's "Endorphin Rush" advantage. Thanks sooo much. I guess that makes this defunct: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147697

?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Overdrive does seem to be affected by End but no scaling from Int.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The FX never should've changed though, that was an unintended bug. So you guys can stop fretting about that, it will be fixed.

Many thanks for the update.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I know its not part of this PTS push, but still are bugs that have been lingering since the release of the "On Alert" patch.

Bug: Force Cascade energy form cancel keeps refreshing
    What happens: After using Force Cascade, the Energy Form Cancel keeps refreshing with your energy builder (in my case force bolts). This happens as well on live. I am using Kinetic Manipulation. It seems this bug happens when you aquire any of the specialization buffs. A quick way to replicate this bug its to slot Kickback from Endurance Specialization... since it refreshes the buff with every blast of your Energy Builder, the Energy Form Cancel will keep refreshing indefinitely.

Bug: Thundering Kicks its not being considered a combo
    What happens: Any specialization that improves combo its not affecting Thundering Kicks at all.

Bug: Fault Line its being considered a Single Target Ranged Attack
    What happens: Its logic that Fault Line should be considered a Ranged AoE Attack. But when it comes to specializations, it doesn't recognize it as one, and it only benefits from single target specialization perks.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

I know there are a lot of people who do not like aspect of the bestial's look. Primarily our gripe is the fact that it causes you to look likea bucket of paint was dropped on your head. We don't mind the swirly stuff coming up, but if you guys are messing with the effects, please consider getting rid of the retexturing of the player. It's just plain ugly.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Forgot to reply to this part.

Its actually not hard.

Create a Ranged version of DE, same functionality. Split the Advantages between the two Melee one gets the increased healing from Bleeding, Ranged one gets it from Poison.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ccelizic wrote:
    I know there are a lot of people who do not like aspect of the bestial's look. Primarily our gripe is the fact that it causes you to look likea bucket of paint was dropped on your head. We don't mind the swirly stuff coming up, but if you guys are messing with the effects, please consider getting rid of the retexturing of the player. It's just plain ugly.

I agree with this. The texture aura is too overwhelming. Something more subtle like glowing eyes and/or fits would be apropos. But ditching the texture arua and keeping the swirl aura work as well for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    BUG: Acrobatics (all forms): Versatility is busted again. As in it never procs.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

...Please don't tell me you'll be reverting aspect of the bestial's gfx.
    It's a godsend that it was finally removed. Please keep it that way.

Regarding Devour Essense: Can something be done to make this not the end all be all tank power? It does great damage (I doubt the ranged modifiers will change that), has crippling challenge, and heals you for more than it should considering it's damage output. It's really unnerving. Removing Crippling Challenge from this ability would be a nice start.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:

Regarding Devour Essense: Can something be done to make this not the end all be all tank power? It does great damage (I doubt the ranged modifiers will change that), has crippling challenge, and heals you for more than it should considering it's damage output. It's really unnerving. Removing Crippling Challenge from this ability would be a nice start.

This.

Why DE was given Cripple I have no idea. Was it intended to be the premier tank set in the game?

Because it is, and it makes everything in Brick look like a joke in comparison.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Galactiman wrote:
    BUG: Acrobatics (all forms): Versatility is busted again. As in it never procs.

-sigh- It was NEVER busted, the only real bug was that Versatility is not showing up on the bar underneath your character portrait (like Quarry and Regeneration) unless you are underwater. Unless of course this is an ACTUAL bug with versatility, which I am highly doubtful.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:

Can we just leaving the damn power alone? If anything, reduce its healing effectiveness BUT PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No, do NOT put back Aspect of the Bestial's FX! No no no no no no! NOOOOOOO! No please no!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    [Concentration]:eek:
    Sniper rifle - don't get stack (charge or 25 feet away)
    Focused shot - same
    [Personal Force Field]:rolleyes:
    Сould you do so, that would be PFF absorb the damage in full, without missing even a 1 hp, if the damage does not have the properties punching force fields, like as Viper's fighters.
    [Rebirth]:cool:
    not too popular a skill, but the only one in its kind. While there is a work over the PA tree, please you consider the alternatives of rebirth, the more technical subjects (standby generator, system resuscitation, etc.)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No, do NOT put back Aspect of the Bestial's FX! No no no no no no! NOOOOOOO! No please no!

Totally agree
    /signed
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Roadwulf wrote:
    Then atleast return the Bonus Toxic Damage part of Aspect of the Infernal. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any kind of difference between it and Concentration other than HOW they stack.

Yeah, that's kind of the point. Why would you expect one power to just stack Enraged and a different power to stack Enraged and do something additional?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    YannSolo wrote:
    I'm not that thrilled by the PFF upgrade (well, it's more a "hey, you can now fight with one arm tied in your back instead of both!" than an actual upgrade, but whatever)
    Sure, it's good news, and a good start. But I think PFF's pretty much waaay behind the other def passives...

- Regen : 4 adv pts and you're set!
    - Invul : 4 adv pts and you're set!
    - Defiance : Profit ! Well, maybe rank 2, 2 adv pts
    - LR : 1 power slot + 2 adv pts (BCR+RR) and voil
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So does Compassion affect PFF?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Galactiman wrote:
    So does Compassion affect PFF?

This power does nothing now. Lots of marked "heal" powers won't trigger a new additional stack.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    oddTodd wrote:
    Yeah, that's kind of the point. Why would you expect one power to just stack Enraged and a different power to stack Enraged and do something additional?
    NisDiddums wrote:

Enrage:
    • Enrage is now a toggled form. Toggling on Enrage allows you to build more than 1 stack of Enraged! at a time. This power counts as a Form.
    • Enrage now grants a stack when you attempt to knock a foe.
    • *UPDATED* You now gain Energy when you gain a stack of Enraged! This now has a 3 second cooldown.
    • This power now affects Melee damage for its full amount, and ranged damage for half that amount.
    • Effectiveness reduced by 30%
      Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage has returned, and now triggers whenever you gain a stack of Enraged!
    • *UPDATED* Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage now has a flat 6 second duration (duration no longer scales on Defiance stacks) and the healing granted is modified by the number of stacks of enrage you have. The effectiveness at 8 stacks of Enraged! is roughly ~30% more effective than the previous base.
    • *BUG FIX* Enrage should no longer drop off in the rare cases where you were at 8 stacks and used a power that would temporarily cause your stacks to exceed 10. It is properly capped at 8 stacks now.

*REWORK* Aspect of the Bestial:
    • This power now allows you to stack Enrage by applying bleeds to your foe. You do not need to own the Enrage power for this to work.
    • This power counts as a Form.

Seems to me that it already does.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Roadwulf wrote:
    Seems to me that it already does.

Fine, then suggest a similar advantage for Aspect of the Bestial. But that's not what you did. You want to stack Enraged and have a 15% multiplicative damage buff on top of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    oddTodd wrote:
    Fine, then suggest a similar advantage for Aspect of the Bestial. But that's not what you did. You want to stack Enraged and have a 15% multiplicative damage buff on top of it.

Which I will honestly accept in the form of a 2 point advantage.

But lets be clear, what's happening is we're taking everything and Unifying it under simple banners such as Ranged and Melee.

The idea of running a useful hybrid form is getting less and less possible when you consider that every other Role got a form.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    oddTodd wrote:

Aspect of the Infernal does add some extra stuff... its still adding infernal strength. About 500 extra damage with defile at 5 stacks of infernal strength and 8 stacks concentration with AotI over just concentration with 503int.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:

No, absolutely no.

I just cant understand the whole "lets take an effective power and nerf it" mindset. I mean, have you seen all the hate being generated by folks crying loudly, "that tank stinks!" Its obviously a problem.

How is nerfing a working power to use a less effective one going to help the situation? Is it really the goal to get folks to use less effective powers? That alone seems a tad masochistic.

How about, instead of blasting something that's working well. You can find a favorite power that's a bit lack luster and advocate having it buffed.

You know, like they just did with PFF and Regen. It seemed a much better solution then going back and nerfing the heck out of Defiant and Invuln...to even things up.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    sockmunkey wrote:
    No, absolutely no.
    How is nerfing a working power to use a less effective one going to help the situation? Is it really the goal to get folks to use less effective powers? That alone seems a tad masochistic.

How about, instead of blasting something that's working well. You can find a favorite power that's a bit lack luster and advocate having it buffed.

You know, like they just did with PFF and Regen. It seemed a much better solution then going back and nerfing the heck out of Defiant and Invuln...to even things up.

You would need to buff around 50 other powers as opposed to nerf one.

I just cant understand the whole "lets take an effective power and nerf it" mindset. I mean, have you seen all the hate being generated by folks crying loudly, "that tank stinks!" Its obviously a problem.

I'm taking a power that has always overperformed every other ability that has crippling challenge and asking it to be brought down to level so there are more options for tanking powers as opposed to one.

I understand that many players are extremely attached to their builds, and it's difficult to ask them to step back and ask 'what's best for the game' and not 'what's best for me?'
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    sockmunkey wrote:
    No, absolutely no.

QFT.

That said, the changes to DE kinda have me going...

tumblr_llorqst7A61qdlpak.gif

I'm not quite sure if I should just shut up and enjoy or point out a list of things wrong with the change that are directly related to the ranged/melee split the devs insist on perpetuating despite everyone's hate for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm taking a power that has always overperformed every other ability that has crippling challenge and asking it to be brought down to level so there are more options for tanking powers as opposed to one.

You'd really need to either remove the power, or make equivalent "damage and threat while mitigating" powers. There is no nerf to DE that leaves it a viable pick for anyone that doesn't leave it an optimal pick for tanks. It isn't a problem with the numbers; it's categorical. The power does something that no other power really does.

Incidentally, the basis for this argument is entirely mathematical.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    sockmunkey wrote:
    No, absolutely no.

I just cant understand the whole "lets take an effective power and nerf it" mindset.

Perhaps you could ask the supernatural crowd who has been nerf-herding Might for the last two years.

I'm sure they can explain how and where the mentality comes from.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Tanking with other powers that use CC goes basically: "Use CC move > follow with spike damage".

Tanking with DE goes "Hold DE". That's it. You don't need anything else.

If this is a problem, then either remove CC, do something to lessen the threat gain or buff other popular CC tanking powers. Like having damage AND threat on defensive combo increase with each hit. If the current situation is considered appropriate, then leave it as it is. I don't know what goes on in the Devs' heads.

I don't mind that in a straight fight of mashing something like Defensive Combo and Devour Essence, DE would win. I do wonder what's the point if DE outdoes a combo of DC and high DPS/spike damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sekimen wrote:
    Tanking with other powers that use CC goes basically: "Use CC move > follow with spike damage".

Tanking with DE goes "Hold DE". That's it. You don't need anything else.

If this is a problem, then either remove CC, do something to lessen the threat gain or buff other popular CC tanking powers. Like having damage AND threat on defensive combo increase with each hit. If the current situation is considered appropriate, then leave it as it is. I don't know what goes on in the Devs' heads.

I don't mind that in a straight fight of mashing something like Defensive Combo and Devour Essence, DE would win. I do wonder what's the point if DE outdoes a combo of DC and high DPS/spike damage.

I thought I read something like "defensive combo" and "damage" in the same sentence and my head exploded.

Might powers aren't allowed to do damage, because Might is a tanking set.

Only Infernal is allowed to do damage, keep your health topped off, and hold aggro.

Because it is a ranged dps set.

Stpp smoking crack and get with the program here, sek.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I thought I read something like "defensive combo" and "damage" in the same sentence and my head exploded.

Might powers aren't allowed to do damage, because Might is a tanking set.

Only Infernal is allowed to do damage, keep your health topped off, and hold aggro.

Because it is a ranged dps set.

Stpp smoking crack and get with the program here, sek.

*lowers his head and goes into a corner*
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    XaoGarrent wrote:
    I'm not quite sure if I should just shut up and enjoy or point out a list of things wrong with the change that are directly related to the ranged/melee split the devs insist on perpetuating despite everyone's hate for it.

Well since it's a PTS forum feedback thread I'm sure we'd appreciate a list of things wrong instead of rants and gifs.

How dare you use Nathan Fillion against me. How dare you.

http://i.imgur.com/tyflA.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Seriously though.

The balance issue here is very obvious and easy for anyone who cares to look.

Crippling Challenge is only available in most of the power sets on weak attacks, that do not have strong secondary effects.

Fire Strike, Defensive Combo, Ice Blast, Two Gun Mojo are the kind of powers that most sets have to deal with if they want to tank.

There are a handful of outliers that are decent and can take Crippling Challenge. Assault Rifle and Dragon's Wrath come to mind. Dragon's Wrath is a bit of a special case, because Dual Blades is almost entirely an aoe set. If you take Crippling Challenge on Dragon's Wrath as a Dual Blader, you have just made a noteworthy sacrifice by reducing the damage of your only real in-set single target attack.

This all changed when Devouring Essence got CC. It is unlike any other Crippling Challenge capable attack in the game, because it deals solid damage *and* has a strong innate defense advantage of healing you while you maintain it.

On top of this, Infernal still has a top-tier single target attack, Defile, that is superior to most single target ranged attacks in the game. By taking CC on Devouring Essence, an Infernal gives up very little. By using Devour Essence, a tank gives up nothing. It is all beneficial. The damage, the self-healing, and the threat control.

One button tanking "rotation".

No balance there.

-edit-

Almost forgot to add that because of the way Supernatural Power works without any cooldown, Devour Essence may be maintained indefinitely.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Throw my name in the hat here.

Devour Essence:

Damage: Cool
    Healing: Cool
    Crippling Challenge combined with the above and Devour Essence's energy management (non-existent): not cool.

Move that advantage to a lower damaging power to bring this in-line with other CC carriers. I hear Infernal blast has an opening in it's schedule.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    There's always one in the bunch who has to bring negativity to the table when something good happens. Go to the PFF thread that I've posted frequently in the Combat and Powers section. Give a look over the numbers I've put down for PFF. Then tell me that 7,779 shields and 1.5k shield regen when blocking isn't good.

Not that convinced, we already know that numbers can look better on paper than ingame... But ok, i'll give it a try when the upgrade hits the PTS...
    Still can't begin to comprehend why PFF goes on top on everything, ncluding protection fields which visualy appear on top on the PFF...

Also, I'm killing off a part of myself since 2 of my tanks use it (the 2 chars who can fit a power like this in their concept), but yes, DE does need a nerf... I'd go for lowering the DPS, but it needs testing I suppose
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    YannSolo wrote:
    Ni'll give it a try when the upgrade hits the PTS.

Please do and post your findings. The more people giving feedback to get PFF buffed to respectability the better.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Please do and post your findings. The more people giving feedback to get PFF buffed to respectability the better.

I'm all for baby steps with PFF for now.

Myself and others have made many, many suggestions on how to improve this power, and now that one of the big ones has been taken into consideration, I am perfectly happy to wait and let everyone see that PFF is not going to overperform before we ask for anything else.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    And while this theory crafting is fun, G Man and I could use some more feedback on the stuff in the OP, ie the stuff on test right now. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So did some number comparison with the new energy unlock and MSA...sad to say that MSA still pulls ahead just in terms of the raw amount of energy you get. I'd have to do some more thorough testing but i would say that the number scaling with Overdrive should take Int or Endurance whichever is higher, not scale off both, cause those of use who don't use int as one of our primaries are getting punished for using this instead of having both.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    And while this theory crafting is fun, G Man and I could use some more feedback on the stuff in the OP, ie the stuff on test right now. :)

Would still love to see the slot limitations removed from the toggles (in exchange for a limit of only activating three at a time).

Or, in exchange for an escalating energy penalty (e.g., 10% for the second, 15% for the third, 20% for the fourth, etc.)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well....

Maybe because I like the ease of use....or the fact it does fit my character's theme/ concept or that it saves my fingers from cramps and such when over-zealous dps pull agro away from me at times but...

I like have CC on Devour Essence T.T....perhaps buffs the damage a bit on the powers with the CC advantage then instead of taking the advantage away from DE, my and I'm sure others will thank you for saving their fingers.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Let's put PFF in the OP and I'll be able to give all the feedback you want about it. :D (It's the only power I truly care about right now.)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    There are a handful of outliers that are decent and can take Crippling Challenge. Assault Rifle and Dragon's Wrath come to mind. Dragon's Wrath is a bit of a special case, because Dual Blades is almost entirely an aoe set. If you take Crippling Challenge on Dragon's Wrath as a Dual Blader, you have just made a noteworthy sacrifice by reducing the damage of your only real in-set single target attack.

I think u meant Dragon's Claws.