Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC_30_20120518_2015

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited May 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC_30_20120518_2015
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greetings!

G-Crush is still hard at work reviewing forum feedback, and making adjustments to player powers accordingly.
This build contains the latest round of updates - keep the feedback coming!

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Player Powers:
Enrage:
  • Enrage is now a toggled form. Toggling on Enrage allows you to build more than 1 stack of Enraged! at a time. This power counts as a Form.
  • Enrage now grants a stack when you attempt to knock a foe.
  • *UPDATED* You now gain Energy when you gain a stack of Enraged! This now has a 3 second cooldown.
  • This power now affects Melee damage for its full amount, and ranged damage for half that amount.
  • Effectiveness reduced by 30%
  • Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage has returned, and now triggers whenever you gain a stack of Enraged!
  • *UPDATED* Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage now has a flat 6 second duration (duration no longer scales on Defiance stacks) and the healing granted is modified by the number of stacks of enrage you have. The effectiveness at 8 stacks of Enraged! is roughly ~30% more effective than the previous base.
  • *BUG FIX* Enrage should no longer drop off in the rare cases where you were at 8 stacks and used a power that would temporarily cause your stacks to exceed 10. It is properly capped at 8 stacks now.

*REWORK* Aggressor:
  • This power now grants all damage strength, as well as increasing your Strength and Constitution for a short time. This power also grants stacks of Enraged! based on its rank (this can trigger Endorphin Rush).
  • This power now counts as an active offense.

Inertial Dampening Field:
  • Energy Penalty reduced to 10%.
  • This power has had its shield amount increased by roughly ~19%

*REWORK* Aspect of the Bestial:
  • This power now allows you to stack Enrage by applying bleeds to your foe. You do not need to own the Enrage power for this to work.
  • This power counts as a Form.

*REWORK* Aspect of the Infernal:
  • This power now allows you to stack Concentration by applying poisons to your foe. You do not need to own the Concentration power for this to work.

*REMOVED* Aspect of the Ethereal:
  • This power has been removed.

Focus:
  • Now scales only on Dexterity, instead of Half of Strength and Dexterity
  • This power now affects Melee damage for its full amount, and ranged damage for half that amount.

Concentration: Toggle - Form
  • Concentration grants you bonus ranged damage and a lesser amount of bonus melee damage. This bonus scales with your Ego or Intelligence, whichever is higher.
  • Concentration grants you bonus energy when you gain a stack of it. This bonus energy scales with your Ego or Intelligence, whichever is higher.
  • You gain a stack of Concentration whenever you half charge or maintain a power for at least 4 ticks. Additionally, you gain stacks whenever you strike a foe from more than 25 feet away.
  • This buff lasts 20 seconds.
  • This power can be found in the "Technology" Tree (along with Power Armor, Gadgeteering, Archery, and Munitions).

Compassion: Toggle - Form
  • Compassion grants you bonus healing and shield strength and a lesser amount of bonus damage. This bonus scales with your Presence or Recovery, whichever is higher.
  • Compassion grants you bonus energy when you gain a stack of it. This bonus energy scales with your Presence or Recovery, whichever is higher.
  • *UPDATED* You gain a stack of Compassion whenever you heal an ally, heal yourself, or get healed.
  • This buff lasts 20 seconds.
  • This power can be found in the "Mystic" Tree (with Sorcery and Supernatural).

Manipulator: Toggle - Form
  • Manipulator grants you bonus Hold Magnitude and a lesser amount of bonus damage. This bonus scales with your Presence or Intelligence, whichever is higher.
  • This will allow you to hold Super Villains and Legendaries (for very short amounts of time).
  • Manipulator grants you bonus energy when you gain a stack of it. This bonus energy scales with your Presence or Recovery, whichever is higher.
  • You gain a stack of Manipulator whenever you fully charge or maintain a Control power, regardless of whether the hold succeeds.
  • This buff lasts 60 seconds.
  • This power can be found in the "Mind" Tree (with Telepathy and Telekinetics).

Auras *General*:
  • *UPDATED* Auras are now affected by diminishing returns.

Aura of Primal Majesty:
  • The self portion of this passive has been reduced by 20% while in Hybrid.
  • The ally portion of this passive has been reduced by 40% while in Hybrid.
  • The self portion of this passive has been reduced by 25% while in Support.
  • The ally portion of this passive has been increased by 60% while in Support.
  • This passive is now functions differently depending on your selected role (either Hybrid or Support).

Aura of Arcane Clarity:
  • The self portion of this passive has been increased by 30% while in Hybrid.
  • The ally portion of this passive has been increased by 15% while in Hybrid.
  • This power now grants Charge Speed while used in Hybrid.
  • This power no longer increases the healing done by allies while used in Hybrid.
  • The self portion of this passive has been increased by 10% while in Support.
  • The ally portion of this passive has been increased by 200% while in Support.
  • This power now grants Charge Speed while used in Support.
  • This power no longer increases your healing while used in Support.
  • This passive is now functions differently depending on your selected role (either Hybrid or Support).

Aura of Radiant Protection:
  • The self portion of this passive has been increased by 25% while in Hybrid.
  • The ally portion of this passive has been reduced by 15% while in Hybrid.
  • The self portion of this passive has been reduced by 20% while in Support.
  • The ally portion of this passive has been increased by 50% while in Support.

Aura of Ebon Destruction:
  • The self portion of this passive has been increased by 15% when in Hybrid.
  • The ally portion of this passive has been reduced 20% when in Hybrid.
  • The self portion of this passive has been reduced 5% when in Support.
  • The ally portion of this passive has been increased by 200% when in Support.

Medical Nanites:
  • This power now functions differently depending on your selected role (Hybrid or Support).
  • The self portion of this power has been increased by 30% in Hybrid.
  • The ally portion of this power has been increased by 150% in Support.
  • *BUG FIX* Fixed a bug with the rank scaling. The ranks should scale properly now.

Regeneration:
  • This power has been buffed by roughly 30%.

Specializations: Sentinel Aura:
  • This specialization has had its healing reduced by 70%.

Munitions:
  • Two Gun Mojo: This power now applies Concentration instead of Enrage.
  • Shotgun Blast: This power's advantage (Breaching Round) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.
  • Bullet Beatdown: This power's advantage (Not without incident) now interacts with Concentration OR Enrage.
  • Gunslinger: This power's advantage (Trick Shot) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.
  • Lead Tempest: This power's advantage (Tread Softly) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.
  • Gatling Gun: This power's advantage (Listen to Reason) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

Power Armor:
  • Overdrive: New power! Energy Unlock. Grants an energy over time buff when a maintain or toggle power is maintained for at least half of its max maintain time. Buff can stack up to 3 times.
  • Tactical Missiles: Energy cost slightly increased.
  • Tactical Missiles: Damage increased by ~14%.
  • Now has the Crippling Challenge advantage.
  • Concussor Beam: Will no longer repel targets who are farther than 45ft away.
  • Concussor Beam: Targeting Arc increased to 120 degrees.
  • Eye Beam: Targeting Arc increased to 120 degrees.
  • Mini Gun: Radius reduced from 4ft to 2ft.
  • Mini Gun: Damage no longer scales on number of targets.
  • Mini Gun: Cost slightly increased.
  • Mini Gun: Damage increased by ~16%
  • Mini Gun: Targeting Arc increased to 120 degrees.
  • Micro Munitions: Now has a small energy cost to activate.
  • Micro Munitions: Energy cost per tick increased by ~8.
  • Micro Munitions: Damage increased by ~35%.
  • Micro Munitions: Max periods increased from 4 to 6.
  • Micro Munitions: Targeting Arc increased to 120 degrees.
  • Micro Munitions: Radius increased from 10ft to 15ft.
  • Micro Munitions: Alpha Strike: Reworked damage scaling on number of targets hit. Previously, a single target would take 140% damage and 5 targets would take 28% damage. Now, a single target will take 140% damage and 5 targets will take 100% damage.
  • Chest Beam: Point Blank Blast: Increased damage bonus.
  • Power Armor: Power Beam: Now called Plasma Beam.
  • Plasma Beam: Now has the Challenging Strikes advantage.
  • Shoulder Launcher: Targeting Arc increased to 120 degrees.
  • Fire All Weapons: Now has a 90 second cooldown.
  • Fire All Weapons: Energy cost to activate reduced.
  • Fire All Weapons: Energy cost per tick slightly increased.
  • Fire All Weapons: Damage increased by ~50%.
  • Fire All Weapons: Now has the Challenging Strikes advantage.
  • Fire All Weapons: KNOW ISSUES: This power should be locking your movement and is currently not doing so.
  • Power Bolts: It Burns!: New advantage. Each attack now has a chance to apply Plasma Burn.
  • Tactical Missiles: Blast Radius: New advantage. Now deals its base damage in a 10ft radius.
  • Plasma Beam: Melta Cannon: New advantage. Now has a chance per tick to apply Plasma Burn.

Power Armor Archetype: The Invincible:
  • Now has Overdrive instead of Molecular Self Assembly.

Content:
  • Drifter: The Drifter's store has new stock! Go talk to the Drifter in Ren Cen to see what new things he has to offer!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Looking good, gonna be an interesting week ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Additionally, we have some changes that didnt make it into this build, but should be in an upcoming one! Please keep the feedback coming!

Enrage:
    -*UPDATED* Enrage has a 4 second cooldown on stacking from knocks.

Personal Force Field:
    -The In Combat shield regeneration penalty has been removed.

Field Surge:
    -This power now grants its shield OVER other shields (including Personal Force Field).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    *REWORK* Aspect of the Infernal:
    • This power now allows you to stack Concentration by applying poisons to your foe. You do not need to own the Concentration power for this to work.

So, does this replace the complete old Aspect of the Infernal or just the Infernal Strength part ? if it replaces
    all i would really like to see it at least scale with CON instead of EGO. However i dislike the idea since
    Infernal is a Hybrid set of ranged and melee, and old Aspect simply pushed both the same way.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    So, does this replace the complete old Aspect of the Infernal or just the Infernal Strength part ? if it replaces
    all i would really like to see it at least scale with CON instead of EGO. However i dislike the idea since
    Infernal is a Hybrid set of ranged and melee, and old Aspect simply pushed both the same way.

One power that is melee doesn't make it a hybrid set. That would be like calling might a hybrid set because of chains.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Looking good so far...

... but I'm still worried about Archetypes and the new Forms. :X
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hmm...

I love the change to Aspect of the Bestial but I wonder... is it possible for it to get the growth advantage since it can stack enrage now?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    One power that is melee doesn't make it a hybrid set. That would be like calling might a hybrid set because of chains.

Agreed. Munitions isn't a hybrid set because of Bullet Beatdown, Power Armor is not a hybrid because of lazor sowrd.

Telekinesis is a hybrid set.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:

Its more as if Roomsweeper and Havoc Stomp would also count as ranged. If you play a defense Infernal you
    use ranged for trash and Melee for Bosses. There are simply no melee AoEs in Infernal.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Agreed. Munitions isn't a hybrid set because of Bullet Beatdown, Power Armor is not a hybrid because of lazor sowrd.

Telekinesis is a hybrid set.

Zhis.

Infernal isn't a hybrid set anymore then the above sets are. At least up until such time as PA gets new Laser Sword powers. Then it's just Munitions/Infernal in the 'Odd Duck' camp.

Also, what about Darkness? It's got a Lunge and no real melee powers iirc. Is it a Hybrid set now?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    What stat does Overdrive scale with?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Personal Force Field:

Field Surge:
    -This power now grants its shield OVER other shields (including Personal Force Field).

Regen and PFF being tweaked? I'm sure there was a promise of cookies somewhere...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kua wrote:
    Hmm...

I love the change to Aspect of the Bestial but I wonder... is it possible for it to get the growth advantage since it can stack enrage now?

It will be done.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Looking good so far...

... but I'm still worried about Archetypes and the new Forms. :X

This is being looked into.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

You guys are being pretty awesome today. Thanks for the info update! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2012

You get a heart, good sir.

<3
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Personal Force Field:

Field Surge:

"And thus, the Faithful are rewarded," spoke Zandar. "For they will have All Of The Bubble, and it will be good."
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    PFF buff? Wow, talk about cleaning house.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    titotito wrote:
    What stat does Overdrive scale with?

Intelligence and Endurance.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Also, what about Darkness? It's got a Lunge and no real melee powers iirc. Is it a Hybrid set now?

Who cares really about the damage of a lunge ? For Infernal however DE is the main skil for tanking bosses,
    so in the end that means i have to use Form of the Tempest again. And i really like the aura of the aspect :(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Who cares really about the damage of a lunge ? For Infernal however DE is the main skil for tanking bosses,
    so in the end that means i have to use Form of the Tempest again. And i really like the aura of the aspect :(

DE is the -only- skill for tanking bosses. You don't really need anything else other than spamming it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It will be done.

I love you.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:

I'm curious as to why you focused on that bit, of that post, instead of the quoted section and it's general intent.

One power does not make a set hybrid. There are a number of sets (three listed, other case examples exist) that have one odd or out of place power.

Telekinetics and Earth are more appropriately 'hybrid'. Infernal, Darkness, Power Armor, and Munitions are not. All four of them share the same general thing - one power that either is melee (or partially flagged as melee), or that has no practical benefit for non-melee characters (outside of an advantage if we want to pick nits and be technical).

EDIT: Forgot about the Martial Arts framework and Shuriken Throw/Storm. Only difference is those get a melee-scalar to go with it. I'm not sure if that's a fix that would be beneficial to Devour Essence, though.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sekimen wrote:
    DE is the -only- skill for tanking bosses. You don't really need anything else other than spamming it.

Yeah .. but if Aspect now only gives us concentration, that also just scales with EGO or INT, it is simply a
    bad choice damagewise against FoTT, and i would prefer of course more DE damage over a little more
    AoE damage against trash.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Yeah .. but if Aspect now only gives us concentration, that also just scales with EGO or INT, it is simply a
    bad choice damagewise against FoTT, and i would prefer of course more DE damage over a little more
    AoE damage against trash.

Good news, you can make that choice just fine.

FotT is getting a half-ranged boost to compensate for the choice. What's the problem?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Good news, you can make that choice just fine.

FotT is getting a half-ranged boost to compensate for the choice. What's the problem?

Like i said .. i simply liked the aura of Aspect, and also i liked to have a toggle that fits more into the set
    of my damage powers. I used FoTT longtime before the Infernal pass and was so happy that i could
    use Aspect now :(
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Personal Force Field:

whoa whoa whoa, this sounds really awesome.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    PTS update FC_30_20120518_2015
    Enrage:
    • Enrage is now a toggled form. Toggling on Enrage allows you to build more than 1 stack of Enraged! at a time. This power counts as a Form.
    • Enrage now grants a stack when you attempt to knock a foe.
    • *UPDATED* You now gain Energy when you gain a stack of Enraged! This now has a 3 second cooldown.
    • Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage has returned, and now triggers whenever you gain a stack of Enraged!
    • *UPDATED* Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage now has a flat 6 second duration (duration no longer scales on Defiance stacks) and the healing granted is modified by the number of stacks of enrage you have. The effectiveness at 8 stacks of Enraged! is roughly ~30% more effective than the previous base.
    • *BUG FIX* Enrage should no longer drop off in the rare cases where you were at 8 stacks and used a power that would temporarily cause your stacks to exceed 10. It is properly capped at 8 stacks now.

I think we need to acknowledge that villains have a power called monologue that completely destroys all stacks of any form. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Like i said .. i simply liked the aura of Aspect, and also i liked to have a toggle that fits more into the set
    of my damage powers. I used FoTT longtime before the Infernal pass and was so happy that i could
    use Aspect now :(

You still can. You'll just have to live with only a 50% listed value increase, instead of the full bonus.

I don't think these choices are necessarily bad, to be honest - it forces you to decide what's more important to you, and what you're willing to compromise over.

Personally, I think having all of the options giving at least half benefit to the side they're not buffing (at least on the damage side of the equation) is a great bonus/QoL boost, and I don't see the problem with a Ranged set having it's in-set bonus have a greater effect on... ranged powers.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hopefully now people will see that PFF can be buffed without it instantly unbalancing the game and turning every player into a pre-nerf Draconis unkillable nightmare.

I still think PFF will need a bit more of an upward tweak, but this is a fantastic first step, I applaud the devs for making it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You still can. You'll just have to live with only a 50% listed value increase, instead of the full bonus.

I don't think these choices are necessarily bad, to be honest - it forces you to decide what's more important to you, and what you're willing to compromise over.

Since i normally have over 200 DEX but only 70 EGO maybe even ranged damage could now be better
    with FoTT. EGO/INT is just also a bad choice for Infernals .. CON would at least be much better.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't see how EGO is a bad choice for Infernal users at this point in time with the +ranged damage bonus being there now. It may have been a sub-optimal choice in the past, but it's not one at the moment.

EDIT: Meaning effectively you're double-dipping on the +Ranged bonus with Concentration/AotI benefiting from stacking EGO, the same way Might/Heavy Weapons did with STR and Enrage, or (pre-change; No longer works like this now with Forms losing the +STR scalar) old Martial Arts with STR/Forms.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Since i normally have over 200 DEX but only 70 EGO maybe even ranged damage could now be better
    with FoTT. EGO/INT is just also a bad choice for Infernals .. CON would at least be much better.

You guys think you're going to get a focus toggle that has damage scaling off Con?

I tend to think that is not going to happen. You'd have better luck asking for it to scale off Recovery.

-edit-

Also what Yuri said. Ego is hardly a poor stat for a ranged set.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't see how EGO is a bad choice for Infernal users at this point in time with the +ranged damage bonus being there now. It may have been a sub-optimal choice in the past, but it's not one at the moment.

Going from 70 to 200 EGO gives you 9-10% more additive damage .. that is not really that much in the end
    to make it worth spending so much points in it, at least not when you could also even push STR for DE.

Also i'm not sure what the third SS for the AT now is, the webpage still shows CON and REC. So normally
    i go DEX/CON/REC .. and with an defense passive i go for 70 STR and with offense passive 70 EGO but
    seldom i take much more since more points there mean less bonus from Superstats, and that bonus at least
    counts for ranged and melee.
    You guys think you're going to get a focus toggle that has damage scaling off Con?

I tend to think that is not going to happen. You'd have better luck asking for it to scale off Recovery.

I would at least prefer REC over EGO/INT
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Edited: While Akinos and GC are still lurking the forums was wondering if any way possible any of the other older or newer toggles will be getting an advantage like enrage does? Cause as of right now it still sounding too good. Not complaining at all about that mind you but it does grow some concern.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Going from 70 to 200 EGO gives you 9-10% more additive damage .. that is not really that much in the end
    to make it worth spending so much points in it, at least not when you could also even push STR for DE.

So push Strength? AFAIK they're on the same or similar scaling for +Ranged and +Melee (respectively) and the total net bonus is only about +20-25% when stacked up pretty high in the first place.

How does that make EGO a bad stat for any ranged damage set, though? If STR is a good damage stat for melee damage powers and sets (protip: it is), then how is EGO (which does functionally the same thing for damage purposes and knocks as STR, and at the same or similar values) a bad choice for ranged damage powers?

Your argument is illogical.

I would at least prefer REC over EGO/INT

I wouldn't. I'm not sold on INT being a +RangedDamage toggle scalar, except for the fact that a few primarily ranged sets (Sorcery, Archery, Munitions, Power Armor, Telepathy) have additional benefits from stacking INT anyway. I'm willing to state that it's not a bad choice.

If AotI is going to inherit Concentration's stacks, I don't have a problem with what it scales off as the stacks it's inheriting are acceptable for that power. Same with AotB and Enrage.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I wonder when they will notice that they have overseen Mental Dsiciple, and that one will also be changed
    to give concentration :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    EDIT: Old post was petty. Redacted.

Akinos - is Minigun 2ft or 5ft now? Duplicate notes are confusing.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So push Strength? AFAIK they're on the same or similar scaling for +Ranged and +Melee (respectively) and the total net bonus is only about +20-25% when stacked up pretty high in the first place.

How does that make EGO a bad stat for any ranged damage set, though? If STR is a good damage stat for melee damage powers and sets (protip: it is), then how is EGO (which does functionally the same thing for damage purposes and knocks as STR, and at the same or similar values) a bad choice for ranged damage powers?

Your argument is illogical.

You simply don't understand that as an defense infernal you normally use 2 powers, an AoE that is ranged and
    a Single Target that is Melee .. so it is simply 50/50 ranged / melee. Yeah ok defile for debuff, but the damage
    on a tap now and then is not that important.

So should i skill 250 STR and EGO for some % more addidive damage and sacrifes CON and DEX for that
    little bit more ? After all crit is still mutiplicative, and DEX as main SS gives the highest Severity.
    Tried EGO / CON / REC also on ranged Infernal and the crit damage of Defile was 1000 less than with
    a DEX build in the end.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think I missed it, but when does Overdrive and the other new powers and advantages become available in PTS? I'm on now and don't see them.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    I wonder when they will notice that they have overseen Mental Dsiciple, and that one will also be changed
    to give concentration :rolleyes:

Well Telepathy is a true hybrid set... i hope they leave it alone.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    You simply don't understand that as an defense infernal you normally use 2 powers, an AoE that is ranged and
    a Single Target that is Melee .. so it is simply 50/50 ranged / melee. Yeah ok defile for debuff, but the damage
    on a tap now and then is not that important.

So should i skill 250 STR and EGO for some % more addidive damage and sacrifes CON and DEX for that
    little bit more ? After all crit is still mutiplicative, and DEX as main SS gives the highest Severity.
    Tried EGO / CON / REC also on ranged Infernal and the crit damage of Defile was 1000 less than with
    a DEX build in the end.

I think asking for hybrid consideration from a buff that is in a primarily (98%) ranged damage set is illogical, and I further think expecting for a purely defensive stat (CON) to become a ranged damage increase is likewise not really reasonable nor logical to assume.

You're asking for a number of changes to accommodate one power for one set of builds, and specifically yours (Point of irrelevance: The number of other people using this build don't really matter for this argument here - I've acknowledged that point one bold set up already. Pre-empting that one right here). I don't think it's going to happen in the way you want it to, or at least the way you're pushing for now.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    titotito wrote:

I hope they don't, and use the toggle as a starting point to design a buff type that's useful to ranged melee hybrids of all sorts, not just TK.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:

a DEX build in the end.

If you are freeform then just adapt, if you are an AT then subscribe and then adapt hehe...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    XaoGarrent wrote:
    I hope they don't, and use the toggle as a starting point to design a buff type that's useful to ranged melee hybrids of all sorts, not just TK.

I don't disagree, I just don't think that's part of the likely considerations given the addition of hybrid components to Enrage and Forms and the considerations likewise given to Concentration. This gives all three of those at least some benefit to hybrid characters, though not a full benefit, and still reward specialization.

I'm not entirely sure how they could realistically adjust Mental Discipline to be appropriately hybrid without making it a poor choice (comparatively) for those that want to use it and focus (Gonna raise my hand on this one - I'd eat the damage loss, but I don't think other people would be as flexible and it'd be disingenuous for me to speak for them in this matter), or grossly overpowered (by providing too much of a bonus to too many things).

And maybe that's exactly why they haven't messed with it for now.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    titotito wrote:

TK-Blades -> FoTT
    TK-Burst/Lance .. -> Mental Disciple

If they want to get rid of all old mutiplicative toggles, then they also have to kill that.

Not that i want that .. but for me they could have even left aggressor and aspect of the bestial in its old form
    as an alternative to enrage. Personally i would have liked to see more of these kind of toggles for other framesets
    and not to change them all now into these generic kind of toggles.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    XaoGarrent wrote:

That would be nice... maybe less +hybrid damage boost than before and some +crits since the devs love crits now.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MD was also recently designed, comparatively speaking.

Perhaps it is exactly how they want it to be. We don't know how far ahead they start planning these things, their ideas for Concentration, changing Enrage etc could have already been floating around when they made MD.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    titotito wrote:
    That would be nice... maybe less +hybrid damage boost than before and some +crits since the devs love crits now.

That would suck for Telekinesis since it had it's power costs raised with that damage in mind.

Perhaps they should just remove TK from the game and move MD into Infernal.

Give it some synergy where you get a bonus for only ever pressing 2 buttons.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    That would suck for Telekinesis since it had it's power costs raised with that damage in mind.

Power cost? what power cost? have u been playing the same game as me since on alert came out? As for the other stuff... i'm running out of controllers with all that B button spam. Forget 2 buttons, i'm all about just one...
  • Options
    edited May 2012

For me it looks more that they want get rid of the multiplicative damage toggles, and replace them alll
    with additive ones. Reason is maybe that because of the new addition of +Offense and EGO-bonus
    the mutiplicative powers have gotten stronger compared to focus/enrage than before On-Alert.

Btw.: has ever anything said about diminishing return on the Focus / Enrage, or can you still stack 500 DEX
    to get 30% per stack or whatever ?